1. Weds am and metals are quiet after recent gains
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Weds Morning! We have Gold down 1.6 to 1211, while Silver is down 2 to 1712. Crude is off 72 to 5254. The USD is up 34 to 100.66 after recent losses.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

GIMs Rich History

Discussion in 'Legends of GIM' started by AgAuGal, Jul 22, 2011.

1. AgAuGal

AgAuGal Founding Member Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

The 'Is GIM Out of Control' thread really ticked me off and rather than go nuclear on that thread decided to redirect my energies and start a thread where we can appreciate the history of GIM and the positive contributions this forum has offered and continues to offer.

I imagine over all the years of GIM1 and GIM2 thousands have benefited from the selfless sharing of knowledge and opinions. The founding GIM fathers and the mods have given of their time, talents and in some cases their money to make this forum available to so many. How many can reflect on their time at GIM and know you and yours are better off having learned from the members of this forum. I am disheartened at the waste of bandwidth spent on whining and complaining, attacking other members that express a view or opinion different than your own - well welcome to America, it you dont like the content of a thread use the IGNORE button.

I think it would do us good to remember how far we have all come no matter how long you have been a part of this forum. We have lost so many wonderful contributors to GIM for what gain, childish banter.

This country is bankrupt, our representatives are deft of character and courage and we have a forum where we can help each other in this void of leadership and yet some feel compelled to soil / try to ruin this freedom and opportunity to help each other through this mess. We are faced with battles on multiple fronts and yet many prefer to sit in the GIM foxhole and throw stones and dirt at each other.

This will be a thread to share if you want when the mood moves you how GIM has helped, encouraged you when your gut was in knots, to continue with PMs and your education, your life.

If you have a story about how GIM has encouraged you, helped you, feel free to share. Maybe this will be a thread people can visit when they get tired of threads focused on whining about GIM or other members. I'm also going to post a bit of GIM history so if some of you still have your old GIM1 avatars feel free to post. If you kept something (an old thread, quote, encouragement from another member) from GIM that made a positive difference in your view of the world, post it. This forum is what we make of it, we can choose to destroy it for everyone or contribute to its growth.

We'll see how this goes. I miss so many wonderful GIMers and want to be reminded of what is good about GIM starting with the guys that had the vision and willingness to build this forum not knowing how it would grow and the growing pains that would be endured.

2. AgAuGal

Early GIM banners

Gold Is Money circa 2002-2003

Paper money is something we use daily but few of us realize what money is, or see that we pay a hidden tax to use it. Hidden from view is the privately owned company and elite group of people that profit from each and every transaction we make. Most people know very little about how paper money is created and who creates it.
    Because Money affects us in all aspects of our lives, we should endeavor to learn more about it. Paper Money controls all who use it. As our freedoms are lost through the use of valueless paper money, we become slaves to the hidden ones that issue it.
    Gold and Silver are natural Money with a 5,000 year history and can purchase goods in virtually every country in the world.
    "The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency: their sole object is gain."
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    By shinning the light on paper money and Gold we hope to help create a better world.
    May you profit more than Gold from exploring our web site.
    A warm welcome Friend, from the Founding Members of Gold is Money!

3. hoarder

hoarder Banned

I don't own a teevee and don't listen to radio. GIM is my main information source to keep track of what's going on in the world. I figure if any event is worth taking note of, I will read about it here and get a better grasp of such events than I would by watching teevee. Why? Because not only are GIMers more intelligent than average, they are more honest than the media.
    I like having access to a wide variety of perspectives and comments about world events. Some things are obvious to me that aren't obvious to others and some things are obvious to others that aren't obvious to me.
    Thanks to all who post here for making it a great forum.

4. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

Buying this little coin through apmex was how I found out about GIM.
    [​IMG]
    The darn thing said goldismoney.info right on it, so how could I not come and check things out? Turned out to be the best investment I have ever made. Reading the wealth of wisdom and knowledge on GIM has taught me very valuable lessons and saved years of study.

(Thanks to all those involved in getting the Freedom and Bull rounds to market.) :coolbeer:

Merlin, TnAndy, SongSungAU and 5 others like this.
  5. AgAuGal

Anyone have a pic of the 'ol miner' from the early days used to enter GIM? I have the pic but cant get it to post (got it). The one where the gold in the pan sparkled (gif?).

this was the text under the miner

Hang out in our forums long enough and your investments may just pan out for you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    Ragnarok, MoMoney and newmisty like this.
  6. bulloncoins

bulloncoins Silver Member Silver Miner

I very much appreciate every thing I have read here. Even the crazy...it beats watching TV.

I think I came to GIM in 2003. It was nice to find a place back then that was civil to a silver bug. Most of the other sites I was at before GIM dismissed silver in those days...as being more plentiful than grains of sand or drops of water in the Ocean...and laughed at the very idea that an ounce of silver would ever be worth more than a hamburger and a coke.

7. AgAuGal

Currently Active Users: 26 (5 members and 21 guests)

Most users ever online was 197, 06-06-2003 at 06:18 AM.
    gpond, helpful_monkey, IrishGold, jerry, Sgt Argent

8. AgAuGal

Links (2003)

Sub-forums: GATA, 321 Gold, PM News, Goldseek, Kitco, ShareLynx, Mineweb, USA Gold, Capital Updates, Silver Investor, Bullion Desk, Financial Sense, Golden Sextant, Depression TV, Money Files, Miners Manual, Petroleum, Gold is Freedom, Stock Charts, Big Charts, Front Pages, Forex Live, PROSPERITY, Storm Watch, Liberty Dollar, Fall Street, HSL, Gold Economy, MineSet, Ted Butler, Contrarian Thinker

9. AgAuGal

got the miner

Attached Files:

10. AgAuGal

early Kitco ticker on GIM - ck out those prices

Attached Files:

SongSungAU and Irons like this.
  11. AgAuGal

Currently Active Users: 62 (10 members and 52 guests)

Most users ever online was 197, 11-26-2003 at 10:16 PM.
    Au-myn, Hypertiger, Joejeweler, kleinphi, lorenzo, me_ummagumma, RKaz, silverghost, worthatry, wrs

Gold is Money Forum Statistics
    Threads: 7,282, Posts: 27,443, Members: 685
    Welcome to our newest member, chrism49

12. AgAuGal

Currently Active Users: 54 (10 members and 44 guests)

Most users ever online was 216, 03-02-2004 at 11:47 AM.
    917601, MBAType, sanyo, SilverFern, worthatry

Gold is Money Forum Statistics
    Threads: 12,568, Posts: 61,758, Members: 1,178
    Welcome to our newest member, Wildbreaker

13. AgAuGal

another early GIM banner

Attached Files:

14. TnAndy

TnAndy retired guy Midas Member

Eight years of crazy times, huh ? When a BIG day in silver was 5 cents movement.......ahahahahaaaaa

I thank G-Khan, Scorpio, et al, for the encouragement to stick around for the education, and the enevitable of where this is going, and what it has meant to our financial future. We few here at GIM are so lucky to have found it, it's hard to put in words.

Merlin likes this.
  15. AgAuGal

Remember some of these GIMers

What's Going On?
    Currently Active Users: 576 (158 members and 418 guests)

Most users ever online was 4,882, 06-14-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    2_point, 45 ACP, Abobo, Acr0phobic, AndreaGail, AOW, Ares, Argentum 47, artfarmartfarm, Bassman, Bobber, Brio, Carl, Catwagon, Celtic Rogue, ColdWater, Contento, coopersmith, cpthnsolo, cpy911, Crash Proof, ctrl-z, Divergence Report, dmsdog, Drumblebum, Dutch Dog, El Scampio, eric2075, fasTTcar, Fin-Angler, Firenhole, Foghorn, freud198, gbgunner, General of Darkness, Ghost, Gknowmx, Glass, Godot, Godswill, Golddust, goldminer, GoldWampum, Gordon Gekko, graspAU, gunDriller, H8T fiat, HardAssets, Heimdhal, Hellsbane, Hermie, horseshoe3, hypervel, Iptuous, Ishkabibble, j-son, JCarvingblock, jellydonut, Jellylegs, JerseyThursday, JNG, Joanner, JoBob, JoeyCee, joe_momma, JOHNNY55, JohnPA, jonahtrainer, KenshoSeeker, killer2021, latitude22, Libertytree, Little Ant, Lucky225, MAGNUM P.M.'s twin bro, mamboni, Matt5582, melbo, Metalsmith, missrusty, mojo1, Monetary Realist, Nero, Neuro Artist, Nomen luni, nova bossa, Nugginator, o b juan, obilly, oboshoe, oldmansmith, Osaka, osoab, OutlawJoseyWalesJr, PALLADIUM, Plastic, PlatinumOre, PMan, Poo Poo Kitty Muffin, Prospector_X, Quixote2, Ragin1, ramy, randman, RichG, RonaldoB, RossL, Saoirse, shipwreck, Shoden, shortstack, SilverCat, Silverlode, Silvery Moon, southfork, Squirrel Bait, Sui Juris, supn9, Surface, Swifty, tallbassguy, Tang, tangibles, The Argent Dragon, The Great Ag, thorgrim, toothpicker, Trace, TTAZZMAN, Twisted Avatar, unregistered*, Vaganus, VPW, winslo, Workaholic, zardoz, ZurichBob, ZyklonZombie, ^updated^

Users active in the past 24 hours: 10041 (1040 members and 9001 guests)

<SLV>, .375, .41Dave, 11S11ver, 1694, Invisible, 1981, 1More_SilverDollar, 2_point, 301ouncer, 3x3l3r8, 45 ACP, Invisible, 6L6, 77shovelhead, 7th trump, 90%RealMoney, 917601, abeland1, Abobo, Invisible, Absintheur, AceNZ, Acr0phobic, adg3985, Ag Age, Invisible, AgBar, agent47, Agfinger, AgKanga, Agrippa, AGRO, Invisible, AK-72, Akula, alaskamonte, Alien Abductee, alinee, alliecatkatie, AlloyDragon, American Chestnut, Invisible, Amishland, Amsterdam, andial, AndreaGail, AndrewSly, Invisible, andymac4321, angryhippy, answer2me, anywoundedduck, AOW, Apocalypto, Apparition, Aproz, Aquaponics08, Ares, areyouanywhere, argentos, Argentsum, Argentum 47, artfarmartfarm, artificial person, Ash_Williams, Aunty-Up, Aurora et Luna, AurumAg, Aussie, auto245667, Invisible, Aware, awdragon, Awoke, axxomarketing, Az Ag, B4ITS2L8, Baggerman, Bajan Man, Balj89, BamaJoe, Banjo, baranjhn, Barbaro, BarneyFag, Barrettone, basplaer, Bassman, batacon, bcvojak, bean, Beef, BeefJerky, Invisible, Invisible, BellevueBully, Belloc, Ben_Trovato, berkscoin, bfnelson, Big Country, Bigfoot, BikerJon, Bill57, Invisible, bkfm, Invisible, blacksheep, BlackTopaz, blankcheck, BLS, Invisible, Bob, bob681, Bobber, BobtheTomato, bonaparte, boogietillyapuke, born_cross_eyed, botcho61, Brave Sir Lancelot, Brent H, brewer, Breycor, Brio, British Sovereign, brocko78, brosil, Brutus35, Bubble Fat, Buchan, Invisible, budfox, buff01, Bugle, Bullion only, BullionVince, bulloncoins, BullRider, BurkeFan, Bushpilot, Busted, Butters, Buyingsilvers, Bx3, C&L 1911, C43AMG, Cabbage_the_cat, Caelicola, CajunCoin, caliope, calsdad, Camp Bassfish, Canadabound, Invisible, Carbon, Carl, carpathian, Carver, cashmoney2006, Cassandra, Cassius, Catwagon, ccjoe, Invisible, Ceaser, Cebu_4_2, cedar valley, Celtic Rogue, Cerebris, cfcw, chad, charlesduran, charlie2281, cheetah, Chibioz, chinmusic, ChooseYourLifeNow, chris_1001, chuckiemole, Chucktatorship, chud, Cibola, cigarlover, CJT, CJul, clarkth, Clawdia, climber, clutterbug, Invisible, codered, Coin Finger, coindog, Invisible, Invisible, ColdWater, Coltwind, Contento, coopersmith, Corbin Dallas, corkscrewjohnny1, Corporate_slave, cortez, cpthnsolo, cpy911, CQC McDuck, Cracker, Crash Proof, crazychicken, creep276, croc, Crockett, CrufflerJJ, ctrl-z, cuauhtemoc, cullulus, Curmudgeonista, Invisible, CyberGold, dairy_heir, DakotaRose, damoc, Darkside, dave russo, Dave Thomas, Davefm, davehorus, davycoppitt, Dawg, dbag333, Invisible, deadheadharry, DeDe, demosfen, Derek D, desertjack, Invisible, DHMC, Invisible, Digger, digger2, Invisible, DinosaurJr, diogenes, dissident, Divergence Report, Invisible, Dizzy47, DJ1, dkubes, Invisible, dmccarty, dmsdog, DodgebyDave, doglips57, dollars, DonBlack, Dont-Tread-On.Me, dprival78, drafter, Invisible, DrillAndFill, Drooling Idiot, DrStrangelove, Drumblebum, ds_mustang, DuaneLuk, Invisible, Invisible, dupontcobb, Dutch Dog, dvrumo, dysgenic, Dzepxich, Invisible, Edge-Hog, EdwardG, edwardsjea, Invisible, El Scampio, Eldorado, electric-amish, Element-47, elroy, eric2075, Ernest Money, erocktxmade, essixx, etc, etheostoma, Invisible, expatriate, exponentialpi, Extinct, Eyebone, FACTFINDER, Fanakapan, Fanta, Farmgal, farscott, Farside, fasTTcar, fat panther, Fatboy, FeS2, Fiatguy, Fin-Angler, Finzo, FireMattMillen, Firenhole, fl57caveman, flash91, Floyd, flying, Foghorn, foolsgold, footloose, forexpro4.5, ForTheRepulic, FoundingFathers, Freddy_Krugerrand, Freedom1, FreeEnergy, Freemarket11, freud198, fromserpo, From_India, Frosty, Fudup, Fullpower, FunnyMoney, Invisible, gangsta99, garch1, Invisible, gbates31, gbgunner, Gee_Dubya75, General of Darkness, gennegan, George Spelvin, ghaffar23, Ghost, ghostofagreatman, gidojinx, gilmoujr, Gin, gizmo, Gknowmx, Glasgow, Glass, glennon261, gliddenralston, Glus, Godcopp, Godot, Godswill, GodWeTrust, GOLD DUCK, Gold Guru, Gold Spot, gold-finger, GoldandCountry, goldbug, Golddust, Golden Buoy, Golden Eagle, GoldenE, GoldenGal, GoldenKitty, Goldenrod, GoldFarmer, GoldFinch, Goldfinger, Goldfinger007, goldfingerer, GoldGirl, Goldhedge, Invisible, Invisible, GoldJag, goldleaf, goldminer, goldmonkey, goldrad, GoldWampum, goldwish, gopher29, Gordon Gekko, Government Chee-tos, Invisible, graspAU, great northwet, Invisible, greenbear, Grinder63, grinningdog, grooveboi, GRP, gtiapr3, Gun Ban Extremist, gunDriller, gunny highway, Gurrker, gwagon, gypsybiker45, H8T fiat, Invisible, Hammad, HardAssets, Harold of the Rocks, HaroldS, harper, Hatha Sunahara, Invisible, headhunter, Heads_Up, HEAVY_METAL, Heimdhal, Hellsbane, Hemlock, Henny Penny, Herbicidal, Hermie, hernancortes, Invisible, Highwayman, HistoryStudent, hoarder, hobo-jo, HoldGold, hollister, Holly River, Hoosierdaddy, Horn, horseman, horseshoe3, howdy89109, Hugo Chavez, hvac ak47, hypervel, hystckndle, Invisible, I Am Sparticus, i love gold nyc, Invisible, IGrok, ImaCannin, immanti, indieangler, InsurgentWolf, ipatent, Iptuous, Irons, Ishkabibble, J in AZ, j-son, Invisible, JACK JACKSON, Jack London, JackF, Jackson, Jake_, Invisible, Invisible, jaybone, JayDubya, Jazkal, jbeck57143, jbilprophet123, jc7622, JCarvingblock, jcmnj, jdmlist, Jekyll7, Invisible, jellydonut, Jellylegs, jersey devl, JerseyThursday, jetgraphics, jfloyd9, jiikoo, jimmyjohn, jimschn, jimswift, JJJboys, JJ_, JNG, Joanner, JoBob, Jodster71, JoeSixPack, JoeyCee, joe_momma, jogslvr, Invisible, JOHNNY55, JohnPA, Joller, jonahtrainer, jorhyne, josh120775, jrog100, JRuc33, JSharap, jtmo3, Juandisimo, judoka, Julian, Junk Woody, Invisible, Kaiser, KantianPerspective, Invisible, KarlBart, KCtheKat, Keef, keehah, kemo, KENKEN, kensho52, KenshoSeeker, keystone, khambi, Khaos, kiffertom, killer2021, KiloKel, kimber1963, Invisible, kirkblitz, kitsune, kiwi_envoy, Knight Rider, koala, Kregener, Invisible, LA Refugee, ladagerick, Lamentations, lardypants, Lars Ragnarsson, Larus, latemetal, latitude22, laurent9, lazydrake, lcorn, leadfoot, learn2swim, lessoil=+pm, Invisible, Libertarian_Guard, Libertytree, Light, limcs, Litho, Little Ant, livtocruz, Llamamoney, Loach, Logan, Lonestar, longjohnsilver, loopy, Invisible, Lou Al Cinder, Lou337, louisianagold, Invisible, Lowjack, low_five, Lrjet23, Ltewarrior, Lucky225, luft97, LukeNM, lumpOgold, Lurch, LWK, machinez, Maddie, madfranks, madhu, MaDMaX, Mad_Max, MAGNUM P.M.'s twin bro, Malus, mamboni, Manager Mr, manimal, maqsur, MarinePride, markam, Mark_Grizzly, Master_Ho, Matt-themaddog-Dollar, Matt5582, MaxGravy, maximumrebel1, Maxine, Invisible, Invisible, meatman, medic789, megacaptain, melbo, Merc, Mercenary, Merlin, Invisible, messianicdruid, Invisible, MetalMoney, Metalsmith, meteorfinder, mightymanx, Invisible, Invisible, Mike_Templar, Mikul, milehi, Mined Games, mispillion, MISRy, Miss Kitty, missrusty, mk3hunter, MKS, mkx110, Invisible, mnfarmer, Invisible, MOD1, modman, mojo1, mojo273, MoMoney, momopanda, Monetary Realist, Mongrel, monty, Moonshinecat, moreair, morganchaser, Invisible, motowngold, mouse, mozkill, Mr Green, Mr P, Invisible, Mr.Goodbar, mrdirp, MRoCkEd, MrTiKi, mtnman, Mtscout, Mujahideen, MWM, nadcarves, nateboy, Invisible, Nautargos, Nero, netwanderer, Neuro Artist, new money, New2This, newmisty, NewWorldSlacker, nickelless, Night Prayer, ninjabar, Nomen luni, Invisible, NOOB, nova bossa, NoVABaller, nub, Nugginator, number six, nunya, o b juan, Oakley, obilly, oboshoe, Invisible, ohioarmedneutrality, Old Herb Lady, oldmansmith, Olmstein, One Small Voice, oneshot50, ONG, Invisible, ooker, OrangeJuice, orangetriangle, Osaka, Oscar, osoab, Osprey550, OutlawJoseyWalesJr, oz in sc, p2motive, PacificAg, Paladin, PALLADIUM, panocrat, PastTense, pat pat, Patriotme, paynes1, Peter_North, phideaux, philobeddoe, philskov, PhysicalAsset, pinetree, Pi_314, Plastic, PlatinumBlonde, Invisible, PlatinumOre, Invisible, PMan, PMArmageddon, Poo Poo Kitty Muffin, Popps, Pounces On Ounces, ppius13, pre-64', Private_Pyle, Professur, prophet, Prosepublico, Prospector_X, prota, punctualeel, Invisible, Quixote2, R U Insured, rad, Ragin1, Ragnarok, Invisible, ramy, Randal45, randman, Invisible, raner, RatHoler, rdvq, RealJack, Rebel Yarr, RebelYell, reformed wastrel, refusedlud, renegade_01, reststop, reviver, revlis, RexPerpetuusNorvegiae, RichG, RichyRich, rick0002, Ridge Runner, Ringhunter, Rip Van Winkle, RiverRat, RJB, RKaz, rmaster14145, Roadgold, RoadKing, Robarons, robert, Rockbrother, rodzm, rogold, RonaldoB, Ronnie Mexico, RonPaulRepublican, RossL, ruprick, Russkie, Ryedale, sagetoil, Sagi, Saoirse, Saul Mine, Invisible, Scarnucci, scholarcoon, Scooter700, Invisible, scottymonger, scyth, searcher, Seaurchin1, Sebring, Sejanus, seppuku, Seven, sgabor, Invisible, shadow, shallow_explorer, Shami-Amourae, shamrock, ShangHaiGoldBug, shineysean, shipwreck, Invisible, Shoden, Shoota, ShortJohnSilver, shortstack, Shorty_Harris, Silvah_Serfah, Silver Baron, Silver Belle, Silver Lobster, Silver Moon Rising, Silver Sabre, Silver Seraph, Silver Shield, Silver Stater, Silver001, Silverbach, silverbullet, SilverBullie, SilverCat, SilverCity, silverinhair, silverinmexico, silverjean, Silverlode, Invisible, SilverRanger, SilverSmaug, silverstar, SilverStreak, silvertooth, silverwood, Silvery Moon, Silver_State, Silver_Surfer, simpleworld, SinCity Silver, sindgefallen, SirCruz, Invisible, skid, skilsaw, Sky Masterson, Invisible, slowdown, slowtrain, slugbucket, SLV>GLD, slvrbugjim, Smaug, Smokin Juan, sneak, Someone_else, SomeSilver, son-of-curtis, soundmind, southfork, spacetuna, Sparky, spartan, Invisible, Invisible, spinalcracker, Spirit of '76, SPQR, Spun Green II, Squirrel Bait, sst1, St. Germain, StackerKen, stacks, State of Jefferson, stateofjefferson, Stealinator, steel_ag, stefanmo, sterling, StevieB, steyr_m, still afloat, Still Learning, stillprepping, Invisible, stranger, Strawboss, StrawMan=Corporation, striped_bear, studiopaul, Subconscious, Sui Juris, sullen soldier, sunshine05, SunshineStacker, supn9, Surface, Swifty, SWRichmond, synbi, syntax, Talah, tallbassguy, Invisible, Tang, tangibles, Tantris, TCC, teacher, Invisible, Tecumseh, teedub31, tekrunner, terp, Terry853, Texan, Texasrunner43, The Argent Dragon, The Bandit, The Biss, The Great Ag, The Rooster, Invisible, TheBigWookie, thechitowncubs, TheMadHatter, TheRealYukonCornelius, Invisible, the_buffalo, Thin Shadow, ThomasJ1776, thorgrim, thrifty_bob, tinman, TLM, tmunny, Tn...Andy, ToBeSelfEvident, tojaktoty, TomD, tomexxtra, Tone, TonyG, toothpicker, Top Flight Security, Toto, Toxa, Trace, Traderbock, Tragedy Trousers, TripKidd, triplelake, Trojanite2009, truont, TruthSeeker, TTAZZMAN, tulsamal, Tumbleweed, Invisible, twenty4karat, Twisted Avatar, Two Alpha, Txkstew, TylerDurden, tyrannyfree, UncaScrooge, unkajed, unregistered*, user244075, USHiker, V10silver, vacuum, Vaganus, vancouver25, Invisible, Vaughn Pollux, vector03, Veli Hopea, Invisible, Vicatoa, Victor, voidus, Voodoo, VPW, VX1, wallew, Walter Mitty, WAoG, warut, Waylon, Waypoint-Trading, WearyTraveler, Invisible, Invisible, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Wi$dom, Wicked, Wilhelm, Will work for wine, WilliamC, Invisible, WillieTheKid, winslo, Invisible, woody, Workaholic, WR8260, wrestlingbulls, wrs, wsykes, Ximmy, xinkid, XOX, yukoncornelius, yunowu, zardoz, Invisible, Zilver, ZurichBob, Zusn, ZyklonZombie, zyx5432, ^updated^, ___, ____hoot____

Super Moderators - Administrators - Moderators - Founding Members
    Members currently using Flashchat: 0
    No one is currently using the chat.
    Gold & Silver Forum Statistics
    Threads: 398,137, Posts: 1,878,720, Members: 5,193, Active Members: 1,756
    Welcome to our newest member, Gold Spot

16. AgAuGal

Posting spam will simply get you banned.

Attached Files:

• spam.jpg
      spam.jpg
      File size:
      31.3 KB
      Views:
  17. AgAuGal

'note this is an old post'

Posted By: G-khan - 05-26-2004 10:49 PM - Replies (1)
    Gold seen soaring to more than $1,000 an ounce by end of decade;
    Strategist even more upbeat on silver

By Allan Robinson
    The Globe & Mail, Toronto
    Wednesday, May 26, 2004

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...ss/MoneyMarkets

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  18. AgAuGal

'note this is an old post'

Posted By: Silver Sammy - Yesterday 07:56 PM - Replies (12)
    Am I the only one who is starting to think Butler is losing his credibility? I mean, he is saying "All Systems Are Go" while silver drops another 23 cents (23!) or whatever today. I dont mean to disparage this cat, but facts is facts.

19. AgAuGal

kitco ticker

Attached Files:

20. AgAuGal

Most users ever online was 386, 04-25-2005 at 10:34 PM.
    erichops, GoldenRule, Hypertiger, Joejeweler, John, Kruger_Man, lezurk, patrickkokujin, silverstar, terp, tustumena_lake

Threads: 19,114, Posts: 104,726, Members: 1,761
    Welcome to our newest member, jets1

21. AgAuGal

another early GIM banner

Attached Files:

22. AgAuGal

Name the GIMer most associated with this

Attached Files:

23. AgAuGal

Currently Active Users: 83 (24 members and 59 guests)
    Most users ever online was 319, 09-06-2004 at 02:43 PM.
    Airjoe, Crisco67, Farmgal, FoundingFathers, gennegan, goldissima, GoldTeam, Hypertiger, JCarvingblock, JoeB, lhslancers, Merlin, No Doupt, Obolus, Schmagma, silverwood, Sturdly, V10silver

24. AgAuGal

old kitco ticker

Attached Files:

25. AgAuGal

GIM Banner circa 2005

Attached Files:

26. AgAuGal

Currently Active Users: 83 (16 members and 67 guests)
    Most users ever online was 518, 06-10-2005 at 03:39 AM.
    917601, Curtman, Davefm, Floyd, GREENSILVERHORN, Hivemindgammahydra7, honu5050, Lackluster, money matters, On9, PaladinIQ, R MacDonald, Ste, SuddenImpact
    Members currently using Flashchat: 1
    Pragmatist
    Gold & Silver Forum Statistics
    Threads: 24,828, Posts: 147,817, Members: 1,487, Active Members: 421
    Welcome to our newest member, mtnman

Attached Files:

27. AgAuGal

Currently Active Users: 269 (50 members and 219 guests)
    Most users ever online was 518, 06-10-2005 at 03:39 AM.
    AgAuGal, AlloyDragon, bigjon, boogietillyapuke, Bugle, chewy, crazychicken, croc, Ctesiphon, Curtman, demosfen, gjc, GOLD DUCK, GoldenSheikUrBootie, GoldWampum, J.D.Rockinfeller, jerry, JerseyThursday, John, kunery, Lowjack, low_five, Lurch, MobileDigit, Mr. Fix It, Nuggethunter, patrickkokujin, Ponce Cuba, Prometheus, Rampon, rathbone, Reformed Idealist, RichG, samwheat, sbgb, Silver Seraph, Silverity, skyvike, smartypants, Sturdly, undefined, WAoG, YoGold, zardoz

Attached Files:

28. AgAuGal

GIM banner circa 2006

Currently Active Users: 281 (51 members and 230 guests)
    Most users ever online was 625, 02-22-2006 at 06:10 PM.
    90%RealMoney, Andy9999, Big_Rob, Blue_pill_envy, BW3, Catwagon, cedar valley, Curtman, demosfen, Dude, furrysound, GoldWampum, heynoww, HiLoSilver, hoarder, Indy, jasons78, javierruizleon, jerry, jmorris1961, Julian, Kathy, Large Sarge, lemet999, Libertarian_Guard, Merlin, mightyspuds, Mr. Fix It, PaladinIQ, Prometheus, RichyRich, samwheat, Silver Seraph, Silver Spartan, Silverado, Solve et Coagula, TheKingsSon, tinman, V10silver, Walter Mitty

Attached Files:

29. AgAuGal

GIM banner circa 2008

Attached Files:

30. AgAuGal

note old post

Twisted Avatar
    Registered User Join Date: Aug 2007

Classified Rating: 0% (0)

Re: goldismoney.info Estimated Worth $79993.4 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cost for The servers: 2400 dollars (graciously paid for by a single member.)

Present value as attributed by Alexa:84,759.50 dollars.

The abilty to speak your mind, share ideas and know that you are not alone in a sea of mindless sheep during the most tumultuous time since the Amercian Revolution and have your message and beliefs broadcasted over the entire globe with the click of a mouse:

PRICELESS

T

31. AgAuGal

note old post

AMforPM
    *Gold Member Join Date: Dec 2005

Classified Rating: 0% (0)

Re: goldismoney.info Estimated Worth $79993.4 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G-khan
    Now I think this is funny - we are worth more than Gold-Eagle who kicked us off of their site and are the reason we started GIM

Sweet! and funny. More hits is I guess their measure, and so many good posts make GIM very hittable.
    As Ponce said, 'If you don't hold it you don't own it.' IMO that applies not only to physical PM, but anything with a title type document in your name, stocks, bonds, anything. If you don't hold it, then if the storm gets bad enough, you will have zip.

32. AgAuGal

one old avatar - still looking for the cat

Attached Files:

33. AgAuGal

where is that rascal donkey

Attached Files:

34. Gold Rush

Gold Rush Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired military
    I have always since my teens had a interest in Gold & Silver, back then it was the feeling that I owned some things that where made of real gold and silver..and that it was cool..about 4 yrs ago, I started thinking more that it was something I should put away for the future as an investment....then I discovered GIM..it wasn't till then I learned the real importance of why it was truely nessary to have PM's..not that it was cool, or a good thing to invest in...but it was one of the things vital to have in the uncertain world we live in today...Because of GIM, and it's members... I learned how really unprepared I had been all my life...I always thought, if I had some cash on hand, and some PM's that I would be ok, if something happened...I had forgot about survival prep, and what items are needed in a emergency, learned that fact that FRN are not wealth, just paper...I have gained so much knowledge from GIM, and it's members...something you can't put a price on..and the comfort that if there is something I dont know, or don't understand..all I have to do is ask, and that their are people here that will help...I'm very Grateful for GIM, and it's Members!..and I Thank each and everyone of you for your insight, help, and your posts..

35. Strawboss

Strawboss Intergalactic Silver Guru Gold Chaser

IT Consulting
    I miss Gkhan. I hope one day he comes back.

Merlin likes this.
  36. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

I'm with you Straw,

She is giving me flashbacks with these posts,

One of the other things I miss are the pictures over the years, the pictures were incredible,

GKhan is fine, checked in with Tn lately, so that was good news

37. bluesky99

bluesky99 Silver Member Silver Miner

Thanks GIM for helping me get a better understanding of PMs. Was waddling along, stumbled across GIM, and now I am waddling much faster!

38. GOLDZILLA

GOLDZILLA Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus Midas Member

I lurked for 3-4 years before I registered and began posting. I didn't want to speak until I knew what I was talking about.

39. lhslancers3270

lhslancers3270 Banned

Hey that never stops me from posting.

Silver Buck likes this.
  40. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

WHOOP!!!..............:36_1_11: