1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

golden eagle coins Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Scorpio, Mar 31, 2010.

?

How do you rate this dealer?

1. * One Star

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. ** Two Star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. *** Three Star

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. **** Four Star

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. ***** Five Star

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Please post your comments regarding GE C here in this thread.

You may rate the dealer to your satisfaction level in the course of your business.

Please understand that this is a informational content thread for the sole purpose of passing information and experiences regarding a specific PM dealer to other members.

GIM2 does not endorse or disapprove of any member in this list of threads.

GIM2 is not responsible for any disputes, resolutions, or comments made by the members.

A member may reply to the thread and post comments accordingly.

No new threads will be added except by the moderators.

You may also rate the dealer using the vote button, and the votes will be public, 1-5 stars, one being the lowest, and 5 being the highest rating.

2. j-son

j-son Seeker Seeker

optometrist
    I placed a few orders and they were fine.
    Website is easy and payment options are great.
    I do check their website when I am looking
    for certain year coins.

3. SilverStreak

SilverStreak New Member

Never used them but recently have been using Miles Franklin ---How do I get to golden eagle coins???????????

4. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Seeker Seeker

Accountant
    http://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/

I've used them a couple of times before and had no complaints. I really like the way their website is set up...very easy to find what you're looking for.

5. Desert Diamond

Desert Diamond New Member

i have bought 8 > one ounce gold coins from Golden Eagle Coin and i am very satisfied with them. i gave them a 5 star rating.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  6. Gunguydin

Gunguydin New Member

Bought from them once. Went smoothly, no issues. Prices seem consistently higher than others.

7. C&L 1911

C&L 1911 Seeker Seeker

Really? I haven't tried comparing them to other dealers, but they are consistently lower that anything at APMEX, plus their shipping is usually cheaper.

8. Gunguydin

Gunguydin New Member

When I checked earlier today (comparing generic rounds only.) they were slightly higher than Apmex (not including shipping), but mostly higher when compared to Bullion Direct, especially Nucleo. Otherwise, a top notch dealer.

Sorry. I should have stated earlier -generic silver rounds- because that is my main item purchased.

9. C&L 1911

C&L 1911 Seeker Seeker

I see. I was speaking more for gold than silver, too. I just picked up a 1/2 oz GAE from them last week and it was $20 less than APMEX.

10. goldandcountry

goldandcountry New Member

Family business and recommended for mail order only and if you don't care if your raw bullion has a few blemishes. However, I don't recommend them for in store purchases because pricing seem almost arbitrary and they don't seem to remember me no matter how many times I do business with them.

11. diversified2

diversified2 Seeker Seeker

They used to have a bigger selection on their website awhile back...

12. Unsustainable

Unsustainable Seeker

My primary dealer; all purchases done in person at the shop. A little quirky but in a good way especially when dealing with the Senior Owner. I've always been leary purchasing stuff online and like the personal touch. Prices to me have seemed competative looking at APMEX and others, plus I don't have to deal with shipping and worry about $$$ orders. Golden Eagle DOES sell blemished American Silver Eagles in a seperate category so be sure what you're ordering; all my Silver Eagles have been absolutely brilliant and no complaints. Golden Eagle Coins is the best thing since Sominex; thanks to them I sleep a lot better at night. I gave them 5 stars.

13. Mike

Mike Silver Member Silver Miner

Hi I went to their site. Monster box of 500 SE's $500 more than Apmex. (ouch!) The fractional GE's are cheaper by $5 or so each. (That's not bad.), Regards, Mike

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  14. KGMe

KGMe Gold Member Gold Chaser

Stopped in the shop today. My first time in an actual coin shop. Not what I was expecting. Seemed more like an antique store.

Anyway, I browsed online and put together a shopping list (6 Brittanias and 3 Lunar 2's) last night. Drove in today to check them out. About half a dozen customers in the shop. I was helped quickly. Wrote what I wanted on a pad, and about 5 minutes later I was inspecting the coins. They were priced exactly as I saw on the website, I just wish I didn't have to pay tax!

Everyone seemed friendly and nice. I wish they had more coins on display though, it would have been nice to browse around longer after an hour plus drive to get there. Seems like most of their inventory is secured. Did see a kilo lunar dragon. Was gorgeous except for the painted accents.

Overall, I got exactly what I wanted with friendly service. I'll go back for collection pieces, but I'll probably still order my bullion online since tax wipes out any delivery charge savings.

15. MrDonkey

MrDonkey New Member

No tax if you spend more than 1000 bucks in MD.

KGMe likes this.
  16. KGMe

Really?!

Wish I'd known that.

Thanks!

17. Conax

Conax New Member

rather not say.
    Not crazy about them.. I just bought a small bag of junk, most were ok, a few not. Delay before shipment was too long.
    I rate them as just satisfactory.

18. Unsustainable

Unsustainable Seeker

Golden Eagle has volunteered this upfront to me, and others including newbies shopping bullion...i.e. "buy a little more and pay NO Md Sales tax!". BUT, mistakes can happen; last purchase the lady charged me wrong for my ASE rolls and I could have walked out @ at least 50% below spot so always check for accuracy. The shop has gotten especially busy last couple years, especially on weekends so be patient...they are a great Group at Golden Eagle and I've recommended them to my friends.

19. 1981

1981 New Member

I recently received an order of SAE's, everything went great. The price + shipping was significantly less than Apmex, all around good experience. 5 stars.

20. Gold Rules

Gold Rules Gold Member Gold Chaser

Received a order which contained both silver & gold

the tube of 2011 silver eagles was not taped shut so the eagles rattled around the shipping box like a maracca thanks to the US postal service ( scratch's)

when I called to let them know - the lady who answered the 800 number couldnt care less

next time I will use some else

21. KGMe

I've now shopped there a few times, and one online order. I have to say, I much prefer shopping in the store.

They accidentally sent me the wrong year of one of the coins I ordered online. I called and asked if I could stop by and exchange it and a nice woman said sure, just come on by. It was over a week before I was able to get in (work schedule), but they were very friendly and helpful. I brought the shipping receipt with me, but no one cared. They just said sure, we'll change it out. The new coin was even in better shape.

Their processing times for online ordering are close to APMEX, about 3-5 days before shipping. Their prices I would say seem average to other online dealers, nothing really special.

Their customer service so far has been wonderful, which is a great change of pace for most companies these days. To me, this is where they really stand out.

The two things I would change about GE (in case any employees are viewing this thread), are to their website. It would be nice if there was a way to filter a search by weight. Doing a basic search for "silver" brings back 1740 items. I wish I could filter it by 1oz, 5oz, 10oz, etc. This is probably the greatest feature on Provident's site for finding the best deals. I'd also like to be able to place an order online for in-store pickup. I can only visit the shop on weekends, which is rarely when I'm actually shopping for metals.

22. KGMe

That sucks Gold Rules. I have to admit, their in-store service seems far and away better.

23. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    First order with GEC. Resident gold hoor mentioned a sale on 1 ducats there so I checked them out. At the time they were selling ducats at $10 less then anyone I could compare to. Shipping was no worse nor better then anyone else. Placed order by person check on July 7th received coin on the 19th. More then happy with speed of delivery.

Coin was very nice to boot!!

Irons likes this.
  24. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Nothing but good to say about these guys, great prices if paid by check too. :thumbs_up:

25. SCFY

SCFY Seeker Seeker

How long did it take for the check to clear and how long to receive your shipment?

26. Irons

I use paypal or CC and eat the fees. I'm thinking I'll try a check one of these days though.

27. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    I paide by check. Placed order on July 7th and put check in mail same day. Received product on July 19th. Figure 2 days minimum mail both ways and a weekend means they held check maybe 6 day to clear. Pretty fair in my book

Irons likes this.
  28. Irons

Bought on the 5th, paid with paypal and the item is at my post office today. 1 week total. :cheerful: :thumbs_up:

29. legalthieves

legalthieves New Member

:thumbs_up: My first purchase was a 1oz gold snake. Paid by check and received several progress emails. Shipped on the estimated date, with direct link tracking number. Best price I found, other items were competitive. Transaction took 16 days. Jake

30. Irons

Goldeneagle added $15 worth of extra fees if paying with paypal or cc.

Too bad the $21 was stiff enough the added $15 for shipping blows it. Game over. :thumbs_down:

English Sovereign (King or Queen) Gold Coin Our Choice $341.33 2 $682.66

Price Qty Total
    Cart Subtotal: $682.66
    Payment Costs: $21.85
    Shipping/Fees: $14.95

Taxes: $0.00
    Total: $719.46

31. Unsustainable

Unsustainable Seeker

Golden Eagle Coins recently overhauled their web site and that's good...I've spent seemingly my entire life savings in there in person (mainly) or on line so I'm a heavy user.

Good thing I picked up my latest order last week vs ship; majority of the Kennedy silver/clad proofs were wrong date and composition so I had to send the clerk back for replacements. She couldn't find some of the tougher varieties from the stock "labyrinth" (putting it mildly...I don't know HOW they keep track of everything), and handling could have been better to avoid scratching. I politely described this with Bob Sr and he admitted that she was VERY new in the family and shop so both he and I gave her some crash courses in numismatics, precious metals. She was very apologetic and DID care, just very green. Nice to be back at this shop after a buying hiatus; they still have my fullest confidence despite a hiccup now and then, no one is perfect but they make everything right in the end on bended knee.

Yes, I stopped paypal and cc phone/net orders and instead take advantage of the NEW purchasing option in checkout...secure online with a credit card and no-fee pay cash pickup in the store. The old web site didn't have this option and it was very cumbersome. Travel time is 1.5 hours each way but more than makes up for it with the in-shop education, observation, listening and banter.

32. Trend_Setter

Trend_Setter Banned

How is their shipping? I've been very anal with shipping lately.

33. plata_oro

plata_oro Seeker Seeker

IT / Product Manager
    Placed order on 2/2/14 paying via personal check. I'll be happy if I get it in three weeks being that I am on the west coast.

34. jcz1

jcz1 Silver Member Silver Miner

I gave this dealer 1 star because they lied to me when they gave me a partial refund, rather than just admit that their website was out-of-date. Meanwhile, I paid a huge amount of shipping because what they did have was just over the shipping-cost cutoff. No contact was made to ask about substituting, so that shipping cost is now wasted.

This will definitely be remembered the next time I even think about ordering from them.

35. plata_oro

plata_oro Seeker Seeker

IT / Product Manager
    Yeah my patience is wearing thin. My order from the 2nd is scheduled to ship today but no tracking # yet. However I placed an order and was able to substitute an item before the order went to processing. I think I will hold my breathe on that until I actually receive it. Keepin' my fingers crossed it's right:afraid:

36. jcz1

jcz1 Silver Member Silver Miner

I never got a tracking number, it just showed up. Would've been a nice surprise except it was only half my order.

37. plata_oro

plata_oro Seeker Seeker

IT / Product Manager
    My order from the 2nd shipped today and I should receive on the 27th. I must say this is an improvement from when I bought large amounts in the past. They would ship USPS Registered. This order went Registered Priority 2-day. Instead of taking 7 weeks it will only take 4 1/2 to receive my order.

38. Unsustainable

Unsustainable Seeker