1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Good mechanic in Atl GA area?

Discussion in 'Job Listings-Requests-Discussions' started by Thomasj1776, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Thomasj1776

Thomasj1776 New Member

I have a 2002 Dodge Neon with a timing belt problem. Car will not start, it tries to crank, but just wont do it. Its getting spark but low compression. Had someone diagnosis it as a timing belt problem but they dont do timing belts.

If there is anyone here who can do it themselves in the Atlanta/Smyrna area thatd be great, and would be paid obvipusly, or if you can recommend someone you know or a local shop that is fair I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks.

2. TomD

TomD It blowed up, y'all Platinum Bling

construction, engineering
    The Marietta/Smyrna area is crammed with small auto shops. Call a NAPA Auto Parts near you and tell them what you're trying to get done and see who they recommend. They know the local mechanics.

BTW: From what I know of timing belts, I guess they could skip a cog and get out of time but usually they work or they fail, and when they fail you're not moving at all and have maybe wrecked the motor.

3. ABC123

ABC123 Silver Member Silver Miner

What tom said is correct.....My timing belt just went on a 86 volvo. Luckily volvo made a non interference engine.

If your make/model isnt a non interference engine and you tried to start your car without a timing belt you have effectively ruined your engine. Time for a rebuild.

Good luck

4. dirt to oil

dirt to oil Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

pipe trades
    thank goodness for the engineers at the big three for programing in obsolescence
    I'm sure they think that 12 years is far too long for a car to be on the road anyway