1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

His Gold Calls Have Been Quite Accurate;

Discussion in 'Gold Silver (All things Metal)' started by Scorpio, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

His Gold Calls Have Been Quite Accurate; Now He's Calling The Bottom
    [​IMG]

Sarah Benali
    Wednesday July 05, 2017 14:01

Kitco News

(Kitco News) - It seems the best way for investors to make money in the gold market lately is by being on the bearish side, but according to one analyst with a strong track-record, this trend could change.

“Gold dropped 5 weeks in a row after my May 29th bearish call. All indicators tell me that a trend reversal is imminent,” noted Lejun James Shao, founder of www.myIRAs.net, in a Seeking Alpha post Wednesday.

So far this year, Shao’s gold calls have been “quite accurate,” as he put it.

In late February, he turned bearish on the metal, which then fell lower for nine consecutive trading days to hit $1,201.90 an ounce. Then in mid-March, he turned bullish and prices ran up to $1,289.10. The same trends can be seen for his calls at the end of April and mid-May.

Even if Shao was slightly off in his May 29 bearish call – when gold prices went within striking distance of $1,300 an ounce – the market did turn south quickly after.

[​IMG]

His latest call?

“I am now making the call for a gold bottom,” he wrote.

He said gold’s key support level right now lies at $1,200 an ounce and below that, at $1,190.

“But I have reasons to think that gold will not fall below its current support and will rebound from here,” he said. “After today's drop, its technical indicators all fell into deep oversold territories: Stochastic reading at 4.04, a low never seen before and at a possible double bottom. RSI at 31.46, is the lowest reading this year.”

Shao added that the U.S. dollar, which has been weighing on the yellow metal, might not be of much concern either.

“Please be noted that gold’s recent weakness is not due to strong US dollar. US dollar is still in a clear downtrend and it dropped from 97.44 to 95.99 in the last five weeks,” he explained.

To confirm his call, Shao said he’s closely watching the price of SPDR GLD -- the world’s largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund.

“If GLD can break out the 118 level, the real trend reversal will be confirmed,” he said.

By Sarah Benali
    For Kitco News

[​IMG] sbenali@kitco.com
    www.kitco.com

http://www.kitco.com/news/2017-07-0...ite-Accurate-Now-He-s-Calling-The-Bottom.html

Howdy and FoundingFathers like this.
  2. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

My Wild A$$ Guess is that there will be another month of pain before pleasurable prices. Da Boyz pounded silver in June before the July settlements, and I expect them to do the same to gold in July before the August settlements. I also expect the FED to threaten, and possibly deliver, another interest rate increase at the July 26 FOMC. I plan to buy metals in the week or two after the FOMC decision, and then hope for a substantial year end rally, just like the odd number years 2001 - 2011.

3. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Hey, today is the day Andrew Maguire called for the beginning of the massive gold breakout to the upside! Anybody remember him?

SC

Ebie and GOLDBRIX like this.
  4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I said the other day with the $20 drops that it was a blow off on the bottom. They are wiping out the longs to buy in cheap. Just like the stock market, gold will go on to make new all time highs in terms of $USD.

Ebie likes this.