1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

History Channel: What is the earth worth? 2.5 trillion more gold left in ground.

Discussion in 'PM Trading/Stocks/Technical Analysis' started by Ag lining, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Ag lining

Ag lining Gold Member Gold Chaser

The chains of habit are often to light to feel, un
    You have no soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
    If that is true..... that truth exposes/jeopardizes the whole system- a system that uses promissory notes or IOU's on future mined gold that does not exist. It is a paradox, for the masses of people to digest, should they snap out of their denial. The crux of this paradox has been hiding in shadows and is, now, threatened by its coming to light.

So, is it time for a new lie to be concocted? Perhaps, lies that save us from a painful truth are good lies? NO, Deception is bad. And you are the only person that can deceive yourself. If we Buy into a system that openly uses "deception" in order to create prosperity or anything, what kind of society are we? Remember, if we practice being good at deception- self and others- we become deceivers, and good ones. And thereafter, we have incentive to continue lying.

Clearly, when the amount of PM's traded- exceeds those ounces of PM's in existence, and physically on planet, that is a deception point. Eventually, at, before, or thereafter that point, people must admit that trading futures on things that simply don't exist, must be made illegal.

Preempting a devils advocate: Looking at it from the opposite perspective: Trading futures on anything, but proven reserves, is likewise- self deceiving, at very least, in practice. And should be shunned, as well.

That is why it is in the best interest for the banksters to convince you that they can mine asteroids in the near future. Just like they have convinced us, up until now, that trading something that- may or may not be- in the ground and not in hand is acceptable. LOL, frigging shysters.

Where else do we see this trade- consent vis-à-vis milk and honey?
    Drug industry--guinea pig nation
    GMO--GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) policy
    Adam and Eve-- perhaps, the Promise of Knowledge was traded for just a moment of disobedience's willful ignorance
    No pun intended, but temptation is a "bitch".

According to the History channel: silver, and platinum are poised to experience the same phenomenon. At current rate, and it will soon be a race with an increasing rate of extraction. There is only 25% more of PM's in ground, compared to what has been mined till now, in history.

For the sake of argument, assume this (25% PMs) to be true, in order to arrive at this exercise's conclusion.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. earplugs

earplugs Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Good thing obama is set to spend 4 trillion/yr by 2016. :cry1:

3. Ag lining

I urge you all to watch this History channel episode: What is the earth worth?

precious metals 14 trillion
    timber 269 trillion
    rock 93 trillion
    edibles 1 trillion
    base metals 135 trillion
    ------------------------------------
    514 trillion

fossil fuels most important
    1,231 trillion
    diamonds 529 trillion
    rare earth metals china hoarding most of them
    23 trillion

An estimated value (today) of all these is approximately
    6 quadrillion, 873 trillion, 951 billion, 620 million, 979 thousand, 880

If divided among the 7 billion people on earth: ever person would get 1 million dollars.

But that is not the plan:
    The plan is: For a select few people to use the earth's most valuable resource--human imagination---- to reach into the future and lay claim (today)---- to what it would otherwise take the U.S. 455 plus years to generate, cultivate, and rape from the earth…….. Monetize these future commodities today on THE NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE.
    Basically, take the future NOW, before it can be claimed by those that come after us.

That is why precious metals seem so schizophrenic. They are made out to be a relic. Because, they are an uncomfortable truth. THEY OFFER A SENSE OF CONTRAST with the truth of where we are heading.

dollars and wiper like this.
  4. phideaux

phideaux Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

US Federal Goobermint's unfunded liabilities are about $250 trillion.

Probably a similar number for Europe and the rest of the world.

That eats up all of Earth's "worth."

Maybe that's why Emperor Obama wants to start mining asteroids.

5. Ag lining

We are under leveraged. Look again. Carry the 1.

How far out (in the future) is the time frame for his consideration of just leverage. IT is dependent on the egomaniac doing the considering. How big is his ego? It will determine his legacy. And his legacy will come back to strike his ankle like a snake.

6. phideaux

phideaux Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

OK, I missed that.

How much would it cost to extract, harvest and process all that "wealth"?

$6.8 quadrillion?

Ag lining likes this.
  7. <===Foolsgold

<===Foolsgold Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

Are the 7 billion people worth anything?

This type of thinking diminishes life, somethings are worth more than material possessions.

Putting a price on everything is stupid in my opinion.

Mujahideen and arminius like this.
  8. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Every single mortgage, car note, bond, negotiable instrument out there is a legal fiction, created in some ones mind, and with less than the substance of the wind.

LOL, sometimes it's all I can do but gape at the sheer hubris of humankind...

Mujahideen, REO 54 and <===Foolsgold like this.
  9. viking

viking Silver Member Silver Miner

10. Eat Beef

Eat Beef Gold Member Gold Chaser

Really, kid, if you'd like to be taken seriously you might want to grow up and quit referencing the "History" channel?:banghead:

Argentium likes this.
  11. oldgaranddad

oldgaranddad Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Yes. There is plenty of gold on earth but is is locked below the earth's crust in the semi-molten mantle. Unless somone can figure out how to make and control a mantle plume to bring the gold to the surface it might as well not be there. If you can't get to it you don't have it.

Argentium and dollars like this.
  12. Ag lining

Gold will have its day again
    Date
    April 19, 2013 - 8:54AM

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
    Zoom in on this story. Explore all there is to know.
    Fed Bank of America China The International Monetary Fund

'The Fed and the Bank of Japan caused the gold crash. The rest is noise.' Photo: Phil Carrick
    Commodity prices have been falling since September, culminating in a rout over the last two weeks. That is a classic warning for the global economy.

It is becoming ever clearer that the roaring boom in global equities since last summer has priced in an economic recovery that does not in fact exist. The International Monetary Fund has had to nurse down its global growth forecasts yet again.

We are still stuck in an old-fashioned trade depression. German car sales fell 17 per cent in March. That should puncture the last illusions that Germany is about to pull Europe out of self-inflicted slump.

The divergence between stock markets and the Deutsche Bank index of raw materials is astonishing to behold, so like the pattern in early 1929.

You have to be careful reading too much into commodities, distorted by China. The time-honoured cycle is a surge of investment that comes on stream at once with a lag.

America’s shale drive has turned the world gas market upside down. Copper output in Chile rose 7 per cent last year. The crash in the Baltic Dry Index for shipping rates is partly a tale of too many ships.

Yet excess supply does not explain the collapse in gold over the last week. Cyprus may have been an incidental trigger. If the EU-IMF Troika is determined to strong-arm the Cypriots into selling most of their pint-size holding of 14 tonnes, it may do the same to Portugal when the time comes, and then you are talking about the world’s 14th biggest holding of 382 tonnes.

Bank of America says the gold crash since Friday has already discounted sales of the entire Cypriot, Portuguese, and Greek gold reserves combined.

‘‘As we believe additional gold selling in the European periphery is highly unlikely, we find it hard to fully justify the sell-off,’’ it said.

The central banks of China and the emerging powers bought 535 tonnes last year to escape dollars and euros, the biggest wave of state purchases since 1964. Their strategy is to buy the dips, and they are no fools. They won’t try to catch a ‘‘falling knife’’, preferring to wait until the dust settles.

The upward trend of the great bull market has been broken. Bank of America expects a further drop to $US1200. Be patient.

My view is that the US Federal Reserve and the Bank of Japan ‘‘caused’’ the gold crash. The rest is noise.

The Fed assault began in February when it warned that the longer QE continues, the harder it will be for the bank to extricate itself. It said the Fed’s capital base could be wiped out ‘‘several times’’ once borrowing costs climb.

The window will start shutting by 2014, with trouble then compounding at a ‘‘dramatic’’ pace. This was a shock. It suggested that the Fed has lost its nerve, and will think long and hard before launching a fresh blitz of money.

Then came last week’s Fed minutes, with hints of tapering off QE earlier than expected. That was the next shock. What they seemed to be saying was that the US economy is groping it way back to normality, that the era of silly money is over, that the dollar will stand tall again.

If that were the case, gold should fall. But it is not the case. The US economy is growing below the Fed’s own ‘‘stall speed’’ indicator. Half a million people fell out of the workforce in March. Retail sales fell. So did manufacturing.

The US also faces fiscal tightening of 2.5 per cent of GDP this year, the most since 1946. My guess is that the Fed will be forced to row back smartly from its exit talk, but first we must look deflation in the eyes.

As for the Bank of Japan, it had been assumed the colossal monetary stimulus of Haruhiko Kuroda would revive the yen-carry trade, leaking $US1 trillion into world asset markets. But the early evidence is the opposite.

Japanese investors brought money home last week. ‘‘Mrs Watanabe’’ is selling her Kiwi and Aussie bonds to bet on stocks and property at home. And selling gold like never before. That too is a shock.

Japan’s ‘‘Abenomics’’ will prove a net drag on the world over coming months. It is exporting deflation through trade effects. This is already visible in Korea and China, where soaring wages have eroded competitiveness.

‘‘Investors may have forgotten that yen weakness was one of the immediate causes of the 1997 Asian currency crisis and Asia’s subsequent economic collapse,’’ said Albert Edwards from Societe Generale.

China’s growth rate fell to 7.7 per cent in the first quarter. Beijing pumped up loans again after its recession scare in the summer, but is gaining less traction. The GDP growth effect of credit has halved. It is the classic sign of an economy sated on debt. China will have to deleverage.

The world is still in a contained depression. Sliding commodities tell us global money is, if anything, too tight.

‘‘There is a threat of deflation almost everywhere. A lot of central banks will have to follow the Bank of Japan, whatever they say now,’’ said Lars Christensen from Danske Bank.

The era of money printing is young yet. Gold will have its day again.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world-business/gold-will-have-its-day-again-20130419-2i3up.html

13. Ag lining

I don't claim to know anything but that which logic leads me to believe may be plausible.

I have no doubt that you are a good man of good intention. I bow to you. And I hope.

phideaux likes this.
  14. Ag lining

This guy is correct when he speaks of-- how we are trying to reach into the future. We are attempting to compress time to make profit in trading. He is featured on Yahoo interview Daily Ticker Present Shock, Douglas Rushkoff

Overwinding – trying to squish huge timescales into much smaller ones. Compressing time requires calculating the future.[/I

Wall Street traders no longer invest in a future; they expect profits off their algorithmic trades themselves, in the ultra-fast moment.
    Fractalnoia – making sense of our world entirely in the present tense, by drawing connections between things – sometimes inappropriately. The conspiracy theories of the web, the use of Big Data to predict the direction of entire populations, and the frantic effort of government to function with no “grand narrative.” But also the emerging skill of “pattern recognition” and the efforts of people to map the world as a set of relationships called TheBrain.

http://www.rushkoff.com/present-shock/

15. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Forget the earth. There are plans to mine the asteroids for these metals.

16. SAGI

SAGI Gold Member Gold Chaser

Investor/trader in metals equities
    Seriously we all need to watch less news, TV in general and listen to less talk shows. Its going to drive everyone nuts.

The only thing we gain is panic.

SAGI

17. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

Imho I think the estimates are far too generous.

Currently humans can only dig/mine a few thousand feet into the Earth, and subsea mining currently consists only of scraping the bottom, or drilling for oil/gas/sample cores.

If you can't get to it at a reasonable amount below cost, it really isn't worth anything in economic terms.

2c,
    R.

18. Ag lining

See, back in April 2013 I posted my opinion. Max now agrees with me. Do you?

Goldman Sachs has figured out a way to reach out into the future and sell forward---100 years, 200 years, even 300 years of oil. They bring that future oil into the present- and sell it making a profit NOW.

That future money would have been used to keep generations of people alive in the future. But GS and others figured out a way to steal from billions of people in the future…filling their pockets today.

And any risks associated with stealing is eliminated because present law has no jurisdiction over the future?

LOL !!!!!!!!

These words are Max's- in his video and paraphrased for your convenience, by yours truly.
    PLEASE fast forward to 4:03 on the timer.
    No doubt, Operator Error.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  19. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

sorry, but the history channel is a known cog in the bolshevist liar machine. a totally discredited pile of dung

20. Ag lining

That is not my point.

History Channel only tried to calculate/assess of the value of earth's commodities.

What is important for me is that--They inspired me to use my imagination and form an opinion that just may be correct. I had an original thought.

Max Keiser agrees with my imaginings. Future theft is really occurring. Just maybe…. I might not be a complete idiot !

LOL

21. Argentium

Argentium Midas Member Midas Member

I would believe that whoever did the research for this probably looked up the crustal abundance of a given metal and multiplied that by the mass of the crust (1.913x10E22 kg).

Completely unrealistic, of course.

22. Ag lining

The accuracy of the amounts/guestimations are irrelevant. What is important is the concept of monetizing futures that far into the future. IT EQUATES TO THEFT. Are there no limits? It enables a new unrealistic level of leverage. And it is multi generational theft.

Unless no one recognizes it to be theft. If a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound? Uhhgg.

23. Argentium

Argentium Midas Member Midas Member

I remember back in HS chemistry, or biology, that a human was worth about $0.98 in terms of the chemicals that make up a person, at least in 1976 dollars.

A lot of people I know are worth that 98 cents, but not a penny more.