1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Homeopathy

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by Alton, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

This is an article from Russia posted on RT claiming that homeopathy is a "pseudoscience" BUT, what they are also saying is that "phytotherapy" is actually quite good...:

Homeopathy is ‘pseudoscience’ – Russia’s top science body — RT News

To a certain degree I would tend to agree.

Homeopathic practices do NOT work in crisis or emergency situations except in the rarest of cases. Homeopathy is predicated on micro doses over a life time or at least an extended period of time.

As a life long practice it IS effective at maintaining and even enhancing one's general state of health. It is most unfortunate with the advent of GMOs that the micronutrients in the soil are no longer pulled up into the plants and therefore are no longer part of the food chain and consequently not found meats, vegetables and fruits in markets and grocery stores across the land and spreading across the globe.

Because of this, except for those who eat only genuinely organically fed meats and dairy as well as fruits and veggies, the benefits of homeopathy are practically non-existant today.

Russians as well as all people would do well to use good sense if they use or plan to use phytotherapy. Here, again, it is necessary to mindful of the sources of ingredients of their foods and medicines or medicinal foods to make sure they are from genuinely organic sources.

Phytotherapy does work in crisis or emergency situations providing both cures and healing. Many times these are as effective or more effective than pharmaceutical products. They will also many times work as fast if not faster than pharmaceutical products.

searcher and TAEZZAR like this.
  2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Homotherapy? Sorry, I like my hetero status if it's all the same to you :)

Usury likes this.
  3. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Phytotherapy is similar to, if not actually Chinese medicine. They seem to live as long and as well as we do with our over rated, over priced & over controlled pharma-gods. They do not require an "agent" to authorize their medicine, you just go to the Chinese herb store & they help you get the med's you want/need. Mexico, too, you just walk into the pharmacy & ask for what you want, unless it is mind altering.

searcher likes this.
  4. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

So we're supposed to trust the AMA and big pharma? There's so much misinformation favoring the medical establishment that I'm inclined towards older sciences.

arminius and TAEZZAR like this.
  5. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Just to add a bit of fuel to the fire. A year old but good.

CDC: Prescription Drugs Kill More Than Illegal Drugs; Teens at High Risk

Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that more people die from legally prescribed drugs than from heroin and cocaine combined. The CDC has classified the situation as an “epidemic.”

What’s worse is that a study by the Journal of Public Policy and Marketing published earlier this year revealed that teens continue to be particularly vulnerable to the allure of prescription drugs because they perceive pharmaceuticals as being “blessed by a trusted institution": the Food and Drug Administration.

More at source: https://www.thenewamerican.com/cult...ll-more-than-illegal-drugs-teens-at-high-risk

Howdy likes this.
  6. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Homeopathic cures don't make much sense to me, being that some are dilutions in the 1000's - but having said that, I did use a homeopathic remedy for sciatic nerve pain one time, and it worked, or something worked. I took drops under my tongue every 15 minute for a day or two and it went away. Still doesn't make sense - and if wasn't so cheap, I wouldn't have tried it :)

7. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

FWIW......................

Homeopathy is 'QUACKERY': Experts warn the controversial practice is 'unethical', 'outrageous' and 'scientifically implausible'
    • Scientists argue it is 'scientifically implausible' the controversial practice works
    • British experts made their conclusion after reviewing more than 50 animal trials
    • It follows the NHS' proposed decision to ban dishing out homeopathic remedies
    • Homeopathy is said to work, using herbal medicine, to help the body heal itself

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4984244/Homeopathy-QUACKERY-experts-warn.html#ixzz4vgXaJqbk
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

8. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

I have tried many times to make homeopathic whiskey, but not once did it work.

9. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

The modern medical-industrial complex has as its root tenet that mankind is the product of Darwinian evolution and as such is a work in progress. It sees itself as being a stop-gap for the shortcomings of this accidental process. Carried to its extreme, it sees itself as the impetus for future intentional evolution.

I believe that the original man and woman were created perfect by an infinitely intelligent Being, and having rebelled against this Creator the imperfections of disease corrupted the entire race genetically. Therefore, I believe that the purpose of medicine should be to rid the body of invading toxins and nourish the body to support its essential functions. Fully supported, and unencumbered by toxins, the human body is designed to heal itself.

Cigarlover likes this.
  10. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

About 2 months ago, a female HS classmate posted on social media that her son had to be taken off life support following a "skittles party". Apparently these parties are where teens go and toss all types of prescription drugs (assuming that they are stolen from parent's med cabinets) into a bowl and take them to get high. Not sure what he took, but it jacked up his heart and even if he had survived, he would have needed a heart transplant.

TAEZZAR likes this.