1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal With A Job You Don’t Like

Discussion in 'Job Listings-Requests-Discussions' started by searcher, Dec 15, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

2. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

I did it for years by smoking weed and then taking a shower and brushing my teeth and eating and taking a nap before I went to work at the old job.

When you are at work and you still have the buzz the bull shit doesn't really bother you. I would then step up and do all the shitty things at work that needed to get done and just zone out while doing it, and then take pride in knowing that I made everyone else's day easier and I made myself look good.. And pride in knowing that if something went wrong, no one could ever blame me.

3. searcher

:beer:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

The best way to deal with a job you don't like is to quit. Working at a job is bad enough, but one you don't like must be horrible. Find what you are better at than anybody else and open your own business. It's rewards are fantastic.

In fact, I am waiting for my wife to arrive in Naples, FL where we have a nice suite. We are on the road this week and sharing a room. Yes, when she doesn't listen to orders as a regular employee should, it drives me crazy, but I am her boss and should be getting some tonight anyway.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    searcher and Po'boy like this.
  5. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    It sounds simple enough, but sometimes we need to endure a sh*tty job because we need to pay the bills and keep a roof over our heads.

My current job is tolerable, but the pay is far below poverty wages for Silicon Valley, and I work as a contractor, which hurls me into the lowest caste.

I am currently seeking a new gig as a full-time employee, but I cannot afford to simply quit.

I have more than a few co-workers who adhere to the Muj approach to a sh*tty job, and I end up fixing alot of their stoned mistakes. Still, I don't blame them because head-tripping can certainly make life more tolerable.

YMMV

searcher likes this.
  6. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

If you are a CONTRACTOR contracts expire. Next contract renewal / application, up your price.

Also be offering your services to other companies in the field.

When one door closes another door opens.

searcher likes this.
  7. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    Good points all!

I jumped at the first offer because I was 3 years unemployed and starting to believe that I was unemployable.

The customer company is MASSIVE, and their business model incorporates about 50% contractors, so it is a dead-end.

My contract is open ended, and I am actively seeking to upgrade my status.

I am talented and optimistic that I will find a much better job early next year.

searcher and GOLDBRIX like this.
  8. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Good luck to you, I hope 2016 is better for you and yours.

Ensoniq and searcher like this.
  9. searcher

Good luck in the new year.

10. FunnyMoney

FunnyMoney Silver Member Silver Miner

It's about opportunities, or rather the immense lack thereof.

A system which funnels 90+% of everything into the hands of a very few, destroys growth in both opportunities and in standard of living. Exactly how many servants can a rich person employ? Exactly how many businesses need to be started when the majority of the planet lacks the extra funds to support them?

Grin and bear it is what most of the world faces. Education and opportunity improvements are not high on TPTB's agenda.

If Andrew Jackson had lived 150 years as POTUS, we'd probably be looking at a middle class with 5 pets per family and a routine of sending them to grooming, and pet land vacations once a month and just think of what they'd be spending for themselves and their children in that kind of environment - we'd probably be looking at well paid F/T work being 20-25 hours a week max by now as well. So upward mobility would be about simply spending a bit more time working at it's core. Hard work and perseverance would be the only really needed requirements to move up in one's standard of living, the way it was intended to be in America and the way that it actually once was.

This is 2015, the lost opportunities of the last century have been very costly to the majority of the planet. In today's world, you need to be lucky, lucky in where you're born, lucky in education opportunities, lucky in finance and in all sorts of things. That's just to get started, you'll still need skills still actually needed in this world of ever diminishing opportunities. What has actually been stolen from the workers of the world since many decades ago is absolutely astonishing. We are talking immense sums of wealth and lost opportunities. We are talking much more than simply .98 dollars for every 2 cents in existence - that's just the inflation diversion of wealth - just the tip of the iceberg, named absolute power.

Things have gone quite far. It's becoming harder and harder just to keep up, let alone getting ahead now. Most middle class families need 2 or 3 people working to help with just the basics. At one time a single head of household had more than enough work and compensation. But that was when the stranglehold of absolute power was still consolidating. Absolute power is now in vacuum mode, consolidation is nearly over, depopulation and war economies are the new talk of the town. The frog has even lost all clue as to how comfortable the waters used to be. The frog blames itself, it blames the water - global kettle warming call it. It blames the symptoms and embraces whatever the cook throws in with it, not even noticing how evil the cook's intentions.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Po'boy, searcher and Mujahideen like this.
  11. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

And that's why the plan on killing us all and replacing us with robot slaves.

Po'boy and searcher like this.
  12. searcher

Ensoniq likes this.