1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Hundreds withdraw Colorado voter registrations in response to compliance with commission request

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by TRYNEIN, Jul 7, 2017.

1. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

LOL...

-----------------------------------------------------

Hundreds withdraw Colorado voter registrations in response to compliance with commission request

DENVER – At least two Colorado county clerks say they’ve seen a large increase in the number of people who have withdrawn their state voter registration since Colorado Secretary of State Wayne Williams said he would send the Trump administration’s election integrity commission some voter-roll information in accordance with state law.

Alton Dillard, a spokesperson for the Denver Elections Division, said 180 people have withdrawn their registration in the county since July 3. When compared to the eight people who withdrew their registration from June 26-29, it marks a 2,150 percent increase, according to Dillard.

Haley McKean, a spokeswoman with the Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorders Office said at least 160 people had withdrawn their registrations since July 1. She added that “dozens” of others had made their voter registration confidential.

The Adams County Clerk's Office said "about 30 to 40" people were withdrawing their registrations each day over the past week. The Douglas County Clerk's Office says it hasn't had anyone withdraw their registration, however.

Though some local elections officials have cautioned people against withdrawing their registration to vote over worries about what the state is sending the commission, telling them to instead register as a confidential voter, withdrawing is an option.

The Secretary of State's Office says that withdrawing may be the quickest remedy since it can be done entirely online, and people can again register at a later date.

To become a confidential voter, people in Colorado can pay a $5 fee and sign a sworn affidavit at their local city or county clerk’s office saying there are concerned they may be subject to bodily harm or harassment if their voter information is made public.

(Excerpt) Read more at
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...esponse-to-compliance-with-commission-request

andial and phoneman like this.
  2. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Or they are illegals who voted and want to get off the roundup list.

Cigarlover, Howdy, Goldhedge and 6 others like this.
  3. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    and, what about the old voter registration forms? matters not if you bow out when your foot print is already there.

4. gnome

gnome Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

If Obama had requested the party affiliations of every voter in the US would you be laughing?
    Outright chilling, but he's our guy, so laugh it off.

Mujahideen and historyrepete like this.
  5. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Still better than the only other alternative that was available.

6. gnome

Lesser of two evils is still evil.
    Let me rephrase the question: "If Hillary was president and wanted to know your party affiliation and last 4 of your social security number, would you be OK with your state handing that info over?"

Mujahideen and Oldmansmith like this.
  7. Joe King

Don't you think they already have that info? The fed.gov is the entity that gave people a SS# to begin with, no?
    ...and party affiliation is determined by which primary (if any) you voted in, correct? If so, what's the big deal about that?

Considering all the other ways they have of snooping and spying in order to collect all manner of data on everyone, we're supposed to be freaked out by the gov knowing the last 4 digits of of a number they gave out and which primary that person voted in? C'mon, get real, man.
    Or are they just freaked out because so many of them in some States will be listed as a R due to the fact they voted in the Republican primary so they could vote against Trump? Because after all, they and everyone else already knew whatsherface was gonna win in November. lol

andial, viking, Someone_else and 4 others like this.
  8. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I think they are looking for voter fraud and to hold those accountable. Do you expect the fraudsters to turn themselves in voluntarily?

Irons, andial, Cigarlover and 7 others like this.
  9. Fanakapan

Fanakapan Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

I doubt party affiliation is that big of a deal ? What the G will be looking for is people voting from beyond the grave, non entitled folk voting, and ballots being cast in multiple locations ?

Over here the register of electors is a public record, probably the basic register is in the USA also ?

One things for sure, the number of States that are trying to evade handing over any data, surely proves that voting irregularities are widespread and numerous, and they know it.

Interesting that those areas, predominantly Democrat, that will have the worst record, are now playing the Libertarian/GovernmentSnooper card in order to try and evade discovery :)

10. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Lot of people hitting the nail on the head. This is about voter fraud.
    As far as I know, at least in my commonwealth, this type of information is public record.

They are afraid. Good.

Irons, andial, viking and 3 others like this.
  11. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    Sorry dude, the country is running rampant with voter fraud. If you're an honest and legal voter what are you afraid of? If I 'trusted' the state (hold on while I giggle) with that information what the hell difference does it make if the Feds know?

You don't like it here, leave!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Glasgow likes this.
  12. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    It's the US government. Don't you think they already know your damned SS#? They fucking issued it to you!!! You're just worried that voter fraud will be uncovered and your dream of a liberal utopia via the illegal voter roles will be smashed to bits!

viking, Buck and Glasgow like this.
  13. gnome

Privacy of the vote is one of bedrock foundations of democracy. Any attempts to systematically collect data by the feds on affiliation should be viewed with hostility.

Oldmansmith and Mujahideen like this.
  14. gnome

If you've got nothing to hide, then you should be fine with invasion of privacy.

and

Love it or leave it.

How much more hackneyed can you get?

Fanakapan likes this.
  15. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

How can we get rid of the fraud if we have so many who wish to not participate?

Integrity is important and the criminals hide behind the cover of anonymity
    We can't expose corruption until it can be flushed out and that won't happen in the dark
    The dark is where the criminals hide

I'd suggest, by actions, those who choose to not participate, at this time, are willingly helping the criminals
    especially when there are no alternatives being proposed by those who protest

and it's all public record so, what's the big deal?

If this were a Clinton presidency, she'd have her operatives, working under cover of being a "concerned citizen" and would just get this information directly, then funnel it to where it'll be filtered to what needs to be known, and no one would ever know what occurred

At least this way, it's all being done above boards, even the self-filtering that's currently going on
    There's no escape from those who are watching

IMHO the states that are choosing to "opt out" are not our friends
    the majority of citizens of those states probably are, but the leaders are not

If you're registered to vote, it's probably easy to figure out who you voted for based upon party affiliation or not

eh

boo

Besides, this was a gift, to us, from Trump
    We now know what our own state thinks of us

viking likes this.
  16. Joe King

Are they asking for data that actually shows who one voted for? If not, the privacy of the vote is still intact.

What difference does it really make if it becomes known which primary one voted in?

viking and Buck like this.
  17. the_shootist

Architect
    You totally missed my point! They already KNOW!!!! They're the guys you hand the form too after you write all that privacy stuff down.

viking likes this.
  18. Joe King

As far as I've read, all they are trying to do is to match voter records to SS records in an attempt to find deceased people who are still registered to vote, and to see if any of those deceased were somehow still able to vote.
    ...and to determine how many were/are registered and/or voted in multiple States.

Why is that a bad thing? Rooting out voter fraud on all sides should be seen as a good thing by all. Edited to add:...at least by anyone other than the ones voting twice or voting in their deceased relatives names. I'm sure those people are dead set against any of this.

latemetal, viking, phoneman and 2 others like this.
  19. Buck

Fixed it :2 thumbs up:

GOLDBRIX, viking, phoneman and 2 others like this.
  20. phoneman

phoneman Silver Member Silver Miner

My wife and I belonged to 2 Tea Party groups when we lived in TN. One group had heard of True The Vote, and was trying to form a group in Shelby County TN. They [True The Vote] had purged the voting registry of about 23 thousand voters in Huston I believe. Dead voters and other bogus voters. We all know what Obama's IRS did to True The Vote. During this same time a political consultant came to our Tipton County Tea Party meeting. He showed us how politicians could purchase voting information on different polling sites in the state. It had voter names , addresses, and if they voted in past elections. I never saw any SS#s. He stated his political consultant firm had done this in many states. It wasn't common knowledge that certain states did this. He got one of the list for our Tea Party group. If you see people who were registered to vote but didn't, why waste you time going to their house and ask support for your candidate. We also formed a group to go RINO hunting. This Tea Party group meet a couple of times to find out how we could run some RINO's out of their position in the Republican party. We were able to get our people in 3 positions. Better than nothing. We have since moved to another state. RINO's here too. Hope Trump has his chance to show the fraud that went into last election. Please remember Obama told illegals to vote in the election and he wouldn't enforce the voter law. Also remember this no voter ID bs. Good luck Mr. Trump. Many of us are with you.

Irons, the_shootist, viking and 2 others like this.
  21. viking

viking Silver Member Silver Miner

phoneman likes this.
  22. gnome

Almost every state has rejected at least part of Trump's re
    Then why do they need the info?

23. gnome

Just about every state in the US, red and blue alike, has rejected some of the requests from the voter witch hunt because they are flatly illegal according to state laws.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...r-fraud-request-where-states-stand/451763001/

States rights are great until they get in the way of Big Daddy Trump.

Suddenly executive orders are cool again, nepotism is cool, goldman sachs, no problem, deals with Saudi, Deals with Israel, wars of regime change...it's all cool because that's our guy.

Libertarians you are not, bunch of bootlickers.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  24. Joe King

"The president created his election commission based on the false notion that 'voter fraud' is a widespread issue. It is not." Without actually checking, how do they know it's not?

Again, all they are asking for is the last four digits of a number they gave out to begin with and party affiliation? I still fail to see the big deal here. Especially in light of all the spying and data collecting the fed.gov already does. Where is the States outrage over that? Don't forget that many of these States use or have used SS#'s as DL numbers.

Also, SS numbers were never intended to be used for anything other than SS purposes, but all 50 States make you use it as a form of ID. Why are they only freaking out about it now? If the sanctity of that number were real, they'd have respected its supposed limits on usage from the get go.
    Edited to add: that would mean the States shouldn't even be able to know the number to begin with. The fed.gov would though, because it's their number they gave you.

the_shootist and phoneman like this.
  25. the_shootist

Architect
    Is that you Hillary? I'm not sure if anyone told you but you LOST the election. Please go sit in the corner and let the adults discuss important current events!

viking and phoneman like this.
  26. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

"...Kentucky
    "I do not intend to release Kentuckians' sensitive personal data to the federal government," Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes said in a statement. "The president created his election commission based on the false notion that 'voter fraud' is a widespread issue. It is not." ....

Alison Lundergan Grimes was a hardcore Obama Supporter and IS a hardcore HITLARY love queen. AND Voter Fraud issues fall under her control in the Commonwealth of Kentucky so of course there is no wide spread issue.

OBTW - In Kentucky and probably all states / commonwealths local politicians and political groups can purchase lists of who has voted in past 4-6 years in Primaries and General Elections, Names and Addresses and by Precinct.

phoneman likes this.
  27. Fanakapan

Fanakapan Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

If this were a Clinton Presidency, the voting gig would not even be a topic of discussion :)

Lets be clear here, voting fraud of one kind or another will not be the sole domain of either Democrat or Republican parties, its just that the Democrats have made it more successful at this time ? I've little doubt that many Republican groups within the States will not be in favour of any measure that threatens to reveal the true state of affairs ?

To have an electoral system relatively free of fraud is a laudable objective, but somehow I cant see President Trump making much of a dent in the current situation simply because such fraud as does exist will cross the party divide. And as we say over here, Turkey's will never vote in favour of Christmas (Thanksgiving for you guys).

Maybe the best that can be hoped for is a levelling of the playing field of voter fraud ? Its for sure that the success the Democrats have made of the issue over the last few years needs to be reined in :)

28. Joe King

Well there ya go @gnome
    They make a huuuuge deal out of it over supposed privacy, while the whole time they are selling that same data to anyone able to pay the fee. If the Peoples privacy is so sacred to them, why do they sell the data to begin with? It should be kept private, right?

The fed.gov should just buy the data on the open market. That way everyone would be happy. Feds get the data, States get the money and everyones data is still just as private as it was before Trump made his request. Ie: it'd be a win win win.
    Edited to add: note the key part in that. The "money" part.

phoneman, GOLDBRIX and Fanakapan like this.
  29. Buck

To grab a hold of a $10 word: I'm suggesting the word is Transparency

It starts with all of us willing to stand up and say:
    I am (state your name)
    I am your boss and you are going to be an honest leader for me and my fellow citizens otherwise, "Next!"

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide
    You ain't better than me, your job is different than mine, do your job, I'll do mine and we'll all live better lives
    Otherwise: "Next!"

Then, prosecute those who violate the trust given them and the law that directs them

it's really simple but, add a profit motive
    soon you'll see who's really transparent and who's the con
    Then, take out the con's and life IS better

but that hasn't happened for such a long time, no one wants to do that anymore

30. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Without massive vote fraud the democrats will never win anything. The only scam as big as global warming is the modern democrat party parading around like they are the majority in the US. They along with their operatives in the state run media have kept this ruse going for years, but the jig is up now.

Millions of people who never bothered to vote because they were told they would never win went out this time and they voted for Trump.
    And Trump won. The spell has been broken, the genie is out of the bottle. And the left knows it.

31. gnome

Trump Michigan campaign staffer CONVICTED on 10 out of 10 counts of election fraud.
    Thing is, he was already indicted before he was hired by the Trump campaign.

[​IMG]

32. gnome

Got proof? Nope. Just an absurd assertion that 3-5 million illegal votes were cast on the part of Clinton, that not a single secretary of state would agree is true.

Irons likes this.
  33. Irons

More like 10 million IMO. Proof? 2 counties in Colorado had a 2,150 percent increase in people withdrawing their registration. Colorado alone has 64 counties. The United States has 50 states. (not 57)
    The people withdrawing their registration only represents the few who actually got off their ass and did it so maybe 10%? Probably less.

Michigan passed a strict voter ID law and the massive democrat blue areas around the state immediately turned into small blue dots. Trump won Michigan easily despite massive fraud in Detroit that got dozens of districts votes thrown out in a recount. Michigan just got new vote counting machines so Detroit won't get to do that in 2018.

Like I said brother Gnome, the jig is up. The days of the insane minority running the show by fraud and media collusion are over.
    Some areas will take more time to clean up than others, but cleaned up they will get.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    viking, GOLDBRIX and phoneman like this.
  34. gnome

In Michigan, Trump's margin of victory was 13,107.
    Michigan Crosscheck voter purge list was 449,922.
    They purged 1 in every 10 voters in Michigan, simply because Kris Kobach had them on his proprietary purge list.

No evidence of any crime, just a partisan Secretary of State from Kansas put them on a list and their registrations were removed.
    Now this guy is in charge of a investigation of a crime (voter fraud) that every investigation in history has said is EXTREMELY rare and a total non-factor in anything.
    The whole thing is a trumped-up way to institute the vote purges nationally.

Meanwhile, the Trump MICHIGAN campaign had no problem hiring the dishpit pictured above, who was already charged with 10 counts of election fraud, and since convicted on all counts.

35. Irons

You gonna lose, oh are you all gonna lose! Neener neener!! Get used to it!!

[​IMG]

36. gnome

So, you have no evidence of an actual crime, 450,000 voters purged from the role and your come back is a picture that shows that democrats live in cities? Non-Sequitur much?

37. Irons

There is nothing to discuss. I have never even heard of the fuckery you are so outraged with. If 450k were removed from the voter rolls they were most likely dead, illegal aliens or registered in multiple locations. 2016 was the second election in Michigan with our new voter ID law and each time republicans win more. One citizen one vote, your ID is swiped so you can't go voting all over town.
    Michigan's elections are so honest now that that goofy Jill lady gave up on her recount here.

If republicans are cheating now, good, I don't care. It's about time. Whatever it takes to wipe the current demonrat party out of existence.
    NOW you know how we felt for the last 8 disgusting, embarrassing years. Don't let it get the best of you.

Speaking of democrats why are they the ones to freak out and go to court to stop voter ID laws? What are they afraid of?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017