1. kenyan care remains, no vote. Libtards and msm declare massive victory.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have a great weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1248.50-- UP 18.30 Silver $17.75-- UP 34 Oil $47.97-- DOWN 134 TICS USD $99.42 -- DOWN 66 tics

I GOT BOTH OF THESE TODAY - INTERESTING !!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by TAEZZAR, Feb 11, 2016.

1. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

This is why I stay away from anything named "SMART"

The government just admitted it will use smart home devices for spying

[​IMG]
    Amazon Echo sees when you’re sleeping. It knows when you’re awake. Photograph: Uncredited/AP

US intelligence chief: we might use the internet of things to spy on you

Tuesday 9 February 201615.29 ESTLast modified on Tuesday 9 February 201615.39 EST
    If you want evidence that US intelligence agencies aren’t losing surveillance abilities because of the rising use of encryption by tech companies, look no further than the testimony on Tuesday by the director of national intelligence, James Clapper.

As the Guardian reported, Clapper made clear that the internet of things – the many devices like thermostats, cameras and other appliances that are increasingly connected to the internet – are providing ample opportunity for intelligence agencies to spy on targets, and possibly the masses. And it’s a danger that many consumers who buy these products may be wholly unaware of.

Read more at source: http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...art-devices-spying-surveillance-us-government

NEXT

[​IMG]

LOOK AT THIS SHIT !!!

http://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=9818047011&ref=dr_un_vid&ref_=pe_1457760_167685150

2. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    Wow the future is here and it comes complete with nanny already installed. So when does the cherry 2000 come out, and does the NSA spy though that also?

gringott and TAEZZAR like this.
  3. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

If you want to protect your privacy as much as possible:
    o Get rid of your Google and Yahoo email accounts: gmail and ymail.
    o Stop feeding information & photos to Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
    o Your smart phones can no longer be turned off. Use them sparingly. Between sessions, wrap them in thick aluminum foil or something similar to block electronic transmissions, the microphone, and the camera.
    o Locate microphones and cameras that may be in your devices. Tape over the lenses and microphones when not in use.
    o Avoid all voice recognition services such as Siri, and other. The voice recognition is not done in your device. Rather, what you say is forwarded to the mother ship, stored as audio, converted and stored as text, and a copy of the text sent back to you.
    o Turn off GPS tracking in all your apps, cameras, cars if possible, etc.
    o Use www.StartPage.com (also called IXQuick.com) as your only search engine.
    o Whenever possible, avoid the purchase and use of “smart” electronic devices.
    o and so on.

4. mayhem

mayhem A Different Perspective Seeker

Retired
    All very good advice and should be practiced. ATT is really trying to get me off my landline and onto their VOIP for 3 years now.( I suspect it is because I have unlimited data that way) I expect sooner or later they will just force me, but till then.....

Our cell phones are LG850G's touch phones. They are with tracfone and run java not android. Registered in some suckers name I picked out of the phone book years ago. Four people have my number, the lawn guy (text only), my handyman (in case I need another set of hands) my wife and my sister. My kids don't even have the #. I charge it more often than I get calls. $20.00 every 3 months for 90 minutes, then we get tipple minutes, so that add's 180. The wife has over 3,000 minutes on her phone. Plus I bought 2 spares @ 25$ each for just the battery's when ours run out.

Oh, and ammo cans make a perfect faraday cage.

TAEZZAR likes this.