1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction to Shortwave,Ham, CB & Scanners

Discussion in 'Others-Electronics, Photography, Gardening?' started by searcher, Jan 16, 2014.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

2. searcher

Joyous folk music on Antena Satelor 153 kHz, perfect for the early hours of Christmas morning!
    Oxford Shortwave Log

Published on Dec 24, 2017
    I know I keep banging on about Radio Antena Satelor, but the music they play is so uplifting and catchy...who would have thought a 1990s Britpop aficionado would find himself hooked on Romanian folk music. If you're listening to the radio as you're reading this, tune to 153 kHz LW and check them out - brilliant.

Recorded in Oxford UK on 25/12/17 at 00:50 hrs UTC using a Preseus SDR and Wellbrook ALA1530 magnetic loop antenna outdoors. Thanks for watching.

3. searcher

Thank You, 300 Subscribers- Merry Christmas, First Time On Camera
    ArthurJS123

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my over 300 Subscribers. Some thoughts on Emotional Intelligence, social media, and what does and doesn’t represent good etiquette. And, how to have fun with your hobbies, Vinyl, radio, and anything else you’re into.

4. searcher

When Comms Go Bad #2, Another Solar setup Failure.
    GUERRILLACOMM

Another setup failure in the field. Good thing this was not during an emergency.

5. searcher

My home Ham radio setup....ham shack, if you will
    Ron C

Published on Nov 27, 2017
    Just thought I would do a video on my ham radio setup at the house. Nothing fancy, but everything is portable! It got a little long, so I broke into 2 parts. No worries to my motovlogger friends for not watching...lol

By the way, that is a 49:1 transformer, not a 9:1. or 4:1 unun
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2460091...

6. searcher

Part 2 of My home Ham radio setup....ham shack, if you will
    Ron C

Published on Nov 27, 2017
    Part 2
    Just thought I would do a video on my ham radio setup at the house. Nothing fancy, but everything is portable! It got a little long, so I broke into 2 parts. No worries to my motovlogger friends for not watching...lol

7. searcher

2 MHz - Canadians coast stations received in Italy
    RadioChrisItaly

Published on Dec 25, 2017
    Reception in Aosta (Italy, loc. JN35pr), at 0.15z & 0.40z UTC, of the navigational warnings from St. John's/VON (2598 kHz) and Sydney/VCO (2749 kHz) coastguard. Set-up: Icom IC-737 and 40 mt. long wire antenna.

8. searcher

Shortwave Radio (Radio Taiwan Int @ 9.840 MHz) from Taiwan #Radio #Shortwave #SWL
    Bristol Channel Radio

Streamed live 6 hours ago
    Bristol Channel Radio is the home of HAM and Shortwave radio in the Bristol Channel area (UK). The signals are received a short distance north of Chepstow, using an SDRPlay RSP2 / Alinco DX-SR9. The main antenna for HF is a 133ft (40.5m) Long Wire with a 9:1 UnUn.

This channel is provided for research and/or educational purposes, but general interest viewers are most welcome. Please LIKE, SHARE, and SUBSCRIBE, your support is appreciated!

Bristol Channel Radio do not claim any rights whatsoever on any rights protected material heard in any of it's live steams, or pre-recorded videos. If any affected material is heard within any Bristol Channel Radio content, this is unintentional, and will be removed upon request from the rights owner/s. If you would like to use any content from this channel for any purpose (outside of general viewing on YouTube,) you MUST seek written consent from Bristol Channel Radio before doing so.

Thanks!

James
    MW6JUY

9. searcher

Shortwave Radio (Radio New Zealand International @ 9.765 MHz) #Radio #Shortwave #SWL
    Bristol Channel Radio

Streamed live 7 hours ago
    Bristol Channel Radio is the home of HAM and Shortwave radio in the Bristol Channel area (UK). The signals are received a short distance north of Chepstow, using an SDRPlay RSP2 / Alinco DX-SR9. The main antenna for HF is a 133ft (40.5m) Long Wire with a 9:1 UnUn.

This channel is provided for research and/or educational purposes, but general interest viewers are most welcome. Please LIKE, SHARE, and SUBSCRIBE, your support is appreciated!

Bristol Channel Radio do not claim any rights whatsoever on any rights protected material heard in any of it's live steams, or pre-recorded videos. If any affected material is heard within any Bristol Channel Radio content, this is unintentional, and will be removed upon request from the rights owner/s. If you would like to use any content from this channel for any purpose (outside of general viewing on YouTube,) you MUST seek written consent from Bristol Channel Radio before doing so.

Thanks!

James
    MW6JUY

10. searcher

Shortwave Radio (China National Radio 2 @ 9.810 MHz) from China #Radio #Shortwave #SWL
    Bristol Channel Radio

Thanks!

James
    MW6JUY

11. searcher

Shortwave Radio (Voice of Vietnam @ 9.840 MHz) from Vietnam #Radio #Shortwave #SWL
    Bristol Channel Radio

Thanks!

James
    MW6JUY

12. searcher

BBC World Service Radio 1997 - Anti Berisha Uprising in Albania
    Ilya B

Published on Dec 22, 2017
    BBC World Service Radio 1997 - Anti Berisha Uprising in Albania and some other news.

13. searcher

NJ5R Linked Repeater Net, 80 Meters, DX-200, 12/25/17
    ArthurJS123

Of course, working the BFO Pitch, due to the DX-200’s constant drift.

14. searcher

Bolivian Amateur Radio Licensing Update
    Commsprepper

Short progress update video on my efforts to get a local Bolivian Amateur radio license.

15. searcher

N4C- The Potomac Valley Radio Club 70th Anniversary Special Event- 80 Meters, Realistic DX-200
    ArthurJS123

70th Anniversary PVRC Special Event, 12/25/17

16. searcher

Radio Havana Cuba DXers Unlimited Dec 26 2017 on 15140Khz Shortwave Radio R8600
    TheScottytr6

Published on Dec 26, 2017
    With a nice signal, here is today's middle of the week edition of DXers Unlimited, a shortwave radio related program via Radio Havana Cuba on 15140Khz shortwave radio. This is a weekly program on Tuesdays at approx. 2040UTC. The broadcast was tuned in with my Icom IC-R8600 radio in Toronto.

17. searcher

Season's Greetings! A quick review of 2017 & what's coming in 2018 on Oxford Shortwave Log...
    Oxford Shortwave Log

Hi there, another year has passed already and so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all happy holidays and thank you for your friendship and support in 2017! Here's a quick review on 2017 and an update on what's coming up in 2018 on Oxford Shortwave Log. 73!

18. searcher

Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium- Setting Expectations, A Revisit And Review
    ArthurJS123

Taking a closer look at the Grundig Satellit 800, the radio I want to love, but can’t. I don’t hate it, though!

19. searcher

20. searcher

Ham Radio Adventures Episode #3 - Amateur Radio at the Beach!
    SignalSearch

Published on Dec 27, 2017
    Operating amateur radio at the beach with K5ACL. Join me as we operate over 2 days (about 5 hours of operating time) at the Lower Rio Grande National Wildlife Refuge. Operating from South Padre Island, Texas right on the beach & attaining that salt water bump! A big thank you to all the hunters who make these fun adventures possible! For more ham radio adventures please visit https://www.k5acl.net

21. searcher

Recent Ebay Purchase Of The Hallicrafters S-20R Sky Champion Radio
    Danny Shortwave And Radio DX

This radio was destined to be thrown away in the dumpster at a local college. The seller took this radio and other vintage items home and posted it on Craigslist. I paid $40 for the radio. The radio powers up and I can hear the AM or MW band stations with about 60 feet of wire running outside. However the Shortwave bands on this radio is dead at the moment. :( Considering this radio was about to wind up in a landfill. $40 is a small amount in rescuing a piece of radio history.

I just wanted to say Happy New Year to all my subscribers. Thank you for making it a great year for me. Without you this channel would not be here. Thank you for your support.

If you wish to donate any amount and help support this channel.
    https://www.paypal.me/Danny914

Thank you for watching. 73 :)

22. searcher

Ham Nation 331: Viewer's Choice
    Ham Nation

Thanks to all the viewers of Ham Nation, this is the special fan-voted pick for best episode! Have a wonderful New Year!
    Leo kicks off the show, Valerie interviews VA1YL, Amanda talks about handling emergencies, Solar weather update live, and more!

23. searcher

Amateur Radio Roundtable 12 26 17
    w5kub

Streamed live 20 hours ago
    Christmas show Tues 26 on Amateur Radio Roundtable. Join Katie Allen, Martin F. Jue, and me, as we have a fun show. We will be talking about and showing your ham radio Christmas gifts. Plus Katie has shack pictures, and much more. Watch the show on w5kub.com at 8 PM central time Tues. This show audio is also simulcast on famous international shortwave station WBCQ on 5130 Khz. Please call in this week and be part of the show. Also if anyone from this group has ideas about future shows and would like to present, please contact us. We invite you to join our ham radio facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/w5kub/

24. searcher

Using WSPR on 14.095.60 MHz
    Curt Rowlett

This video is part of a series of training videos that I created for use in teaching with the Seattle ham radio group that I volunteer with.

25. searcher

26. searcher

Daylight morning signal from Iceland on 207 kHz Longwave, copied on Icom IC-R75
    Oxford Shortwave Log

Hi there, here is my recording of the daylight signal from Iceland on Longwave with the Icom IC-R75. SSB is the reception mode of choice in this scenario where there are large adjacent signals present. If you look carefully you will notice that I have also engaged the PBT - which works superbly well on the R75 under these signal conditions.

Recorded on 18/12/17 around 11:25 hrs UTC using a Wellbrook ALA1530 magnetic loop antenna, outdoors. Thanks for watching.

27. searcher

Happy New Year 2018 from the Official SWL Channel
    OfficialSWLchannel

Wishing you a great Holiday season and all the best for the new year to come 2018

28. searcher

4XZ Israeli Navy Haifa Morse Station (CW) on 6607 kHz Shortwave
    Ralf Bender

4XZ Israeli Navy Haifa Morse Station (CW)
    on 6607 kHz Shortwave From Israel
    received with AFEDRI SDR, HDSDR and Multipsk.

If you find this video useful, share using the Share button below. Thanks.
    To get automatic notification of new videos, subscribe to my channel.

29. searcher

Digital Mobile Radio- audio quality (DMR)
    Joe Lalumia

TelescopeMan checks-in to the Texas Statewide DMR radio net. This video demonstrates the audio quality of this digital mode in amateur radio.

The sound is being recorded directly from the small speaker on the radio.

30. searcher

E.F. Johnson Viking I Vintage AM/CW Transmitter
    RadioHamGuy

Published on Dec 28, 2017
    The Johnson Viking I was an amateur or ham radio transmitter sold in kit form or pre-built from about 1949 to 1952 and was capable of AM plate modulation or CW (Morse code). Notice the very high quality craftsmanship that went into this transmitter!

31. searcher

DRM 15110kHz Ministry of Information State of Kuwait in Craiova RO
    Matei Florin

Digital Radio Mondiale
    Ministry of Information - State of Kuwait

32. searcher

HAM Radio HF (20m PSK) #Radio #HamRadio #HAMR #Shortwave #SWL #PSK31 #PSK63 #PSK125 #MW6JUY
    Bristol Channel Radio

Streamed live 3 hours ago

Thanks!

James
    MW6JUY

33. searcher

Shortwave Radio (China National Radio 2 @ 9.825 MHz) from China #Radio #Shortwave #SWL
    Bristol Channel Radio

Streamed live 24 minutes ago

Thanks!

James
    MW6JUY

34. searcher

A quick review of the WRTH 2018 edition...DXers and SWLs should buy this book!
    Oxford Shortwave Log

As in previous years, here is my annual review of the WRTH....2018 edition. As I mentioned in my channel update video, the WRTH didn't let me down last year and it's the only source of SW scheduling information that I trust completely. Whether you're a newbie to DXing, or an old hand, this book is invaluable and to help protect it's future, as many of us as possible should buy it!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

35. searcher

All WX Solar Powered Amateur Radio Field Station Update 01
    OH8STN

Published on Dec 29, 2017
    Hello Operators.
    I've received so many questions about the solar powered Field Station, I thought It would be a good time to publish an update video. In this video we discuss the shelter, solar power, Field Station capabilities, primary station antenna, and a few obscure necessities we rarely think about until we're in the field.

if you haven't watched the original solar powered Field Station video yet, you can view that video right here. https://youtu.be/7bUd1E3XYWg

- If you've found this episode useful, consider dropping a buck in the tip-jar:
    it helps pay for all the components and consumables you see in the videos
    https://paypal.me/oh8stn/1USD

- Shopping at Amazon? Take a look at my Amazon influencer shop: www.amazon.com/shop/oh8stn

Julian oh8stn

36. searcher

37. searcher

Radio Prague via WRMI 5850 Khz Shortwave 2330 UT
    OfficialSWLchannel

Received on December 29th 2017 with Icom IC R-8500 receiver with sloper antenna

38. searcher

XW-2C Amateur radio Satellite received on Icom IC-R8500 receiver
    Officialvhfuhfchannel

Received on December 29th 2017 around 2200 UT pass over Montreal Quebec

39. searcher

Behavior Night via WBCQ, 7490 kHz, 29 DEC 2017, 22:41 UTC
    MDK2

Copied in Denver, CO, USA on a SDRplay RSP2pro running SDRuno 1.21, and a homebrewed magnetic loop antenna using 2.6 MHz HPF and 88 MHz LPF by Nooelec. Transmitted from Monticello, ME, USA at a power of 30 kW (a backup transmitter, as their regular 50 kW one was destroyed in a fire) and an azimuth of 245°. Tx lies at a bearing of 63° and approximate distance of 3,083 km from QTH.

40. searcher

ColibriNANO SDR Web client surprising NB in action !
    Laboenligne.ca

ENGLISH: The temperature today (29 DEC. 2017) at my QTH is -22C (-7.6F) and I got electrical noise on HF. I’ve tried out the NB (Noise Blanker) of the ColibriNANO webserver and what a surprise, very efficient and it does note destroy the receiving audio. You can try it out at http://vpn.laboenligne.ca

FRENCH: La température aujourd'hui (29 déc. 2017) à mon QTH est de -22C (-7.6F) et j'ai un bruit électrique sur HF. J'ai essayé le NB (Noise Blanker) du serveur web ColibriNANO et quelle surprise, très efficace et ça ne détruit pas la qualité audio en réception. Vous pouvez l'essayer sur http://vpn.laboenligne.ca

73 Pascal VA2PV