1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Investing in Marijuana

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by TheMadHatter, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

Minerco has a pretty good following on ihub. I made good profit on it on previous runs and hope that its made an interim bottom on Wednesday looking for .035.

Are you still holding BRND after that beautiful run today? I'm still holding as I got in the .002's.

2. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Ive been watching it but have some concern over the amount of pumping on other boards by some of the large mine fans.

3. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

ILIV has bounced off of .04 several times and started heading North. They also gained exposure by being mentioned on the Street.com. (Small position with intention to increase if it goes well)

Thanks again for BRND and SIBE, two of my favorite stocks.

4. southfork

Forgot to place my order back on brnd, would have been a double at least, gona try again next week, holding the rest of my sibe .

5. JustPassinThru

JustPassinThru Gold Member Gold Chaser

Looks like I missed the smoke-filled bubble!

I'm no market seer; but it wasn't hard to see this was just an extension of the euphoria the stoners felt for having their stupifying-chemical legalized.

Goldhedge likes this.
  6. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

Ah, that bites. I thought you had it when I saw it dip to that level. I would of added myself powder permitting. I'd love to see .001 again, after it gaps and I sell of course. Good Luck!

southfork likes this.
  7. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

A lot of the investors here took profits and did well. If you like making money you'd do some DD and risk a few hundred yourself. Nothing to be ashamed of.

8. JustPassinThru

If you made profit...good on you. I mean that, seriously.

But I KNEW this would be at LEAST as unstable as bitcoin; for the reason it was emotionally driven, and emotionally-driven by persons who either were under the influence of drugs or were otherwise connected to that lifestyle. Stability is not demonstrated by the chemically influenced.

9. Trigonx

Trigonx Seeker

It's been awhile for me in this thread.

Made a small day trade on ZDPY, didn't quite catch the bottom. But still made 40% on it by selling at 1.75, only had to hold it for 1 hour and 23 seconds. Man how some of these tickers just plummeted from highs.

southfork, Godswill and Solo like this.
  10. southfork

Mine going south

11. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

Thanks for clarifying JP. Everyone that's ever traded a stock in a bull market knew that this would happen. In fact it happened last Winter and ended about the same season last year. So I expect it to resume again this fall. Just my opinion based on common sense, i.e. people in jail for weed, badly needed tax Dollars, Re-introduction of badly needed new industry/jobs.

12. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

Timing is everything SF. I'll give it a day or two based on how it trades tomorrow.

13. southfork

MINE

You going to average down?

14. JustPassinThru

True enough. But behind most rising-stock sectors is generally a sustainable idea.

Those that are not sustainable tend to crash-and-burn quickly. As did the dot-com sector in the late 1990s: there was no profit to show and none on the horizon; their economic models were often complete fantasy. They were driven up by the hubris of the buzz over the Internet and that had no sustainability.

Same here. Something that kids grow in closets under UV lights, is not suddenly going to make investors huge amounts of money. Simply because an infrastructure costs; investment must be based on potential return; and the amount of investment needed to grow a stash isn't much.

And so much less when it's legal and can be out in the open.

Godswill likes this.
  15. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

I currently have a stink bid on RFMK incase it drops further. I'm watching several stocks and may add to either ILIV or MINE. My other option is sell in May and go away until the fall harvest. Maybe hold GWPRF and FSPM? Playing it by ear mostly.

southfork likes this.
  16. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

17. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

MJNA news shouldn't affect investors I read somewhere. I hope they're talking about stock price.

HEMP has disappointed me lately. We either get a bounce soon or HEMP gets a bounce out of my portfolio.

18. Trigonx

Trigonx Seeker

How high will HEMP bounce is the question, it's heading north now.

19. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

Looks like I scared it into submission with my threat yesterday Trig. This downtrend hasn't been MJ specific though, its been affecting all of the stocks I own, just about. I hope the entire sector reverses course. CEN Biotech just built the largest mj growing facility ever in Canada. They're waiting for Eric Holder to change the mj classification on a federal level to begin exporting to the US. Even my BYDDF auto stock, which has been a solid company, has been hit hard. That one should bounce to $11 according to some analysts.

20. Trigonx

Trigonx Seeker

Yeah, I'm hoping for some reversal as well. For now I'm essentially out and just dipping my toes here and there.

21. searcher

22. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

Sold all of my newly acquired dogs today and the lack-luster performers like HEMP. Tried to sell CBGI Cannabusiness Group but the order kept rejecting. Called the etrade desk, they claim that the SEC has halted CBGI from trading until May 20th. Resuming May 21st. Not in the news yet.

searcher and southfork like this.
  23. southfork

That sucks, still watching brnd for another drop, looks like it still has some bounce.

24. southfork

Heres the report on cbgi.

May 7, 2014 - 4:51 PM EDT

Print

Email Article

Font Down

Font Up

Charts

CBGI 0.0456 0.00

Today 5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y

The CannaBusiness Group (OTC: CBGI), Inc. CEO Comments on the Trading Suspension by the Securities Exchange Commission

IRVINE, Calif., May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The CannaBusiness Group, Inc. (OTC: CBGI). Today the Securities and Exchange Commission temporarily stopped trading in the Company's common stock. The SEC's reason for the stop trading order was that "It appears to the Securities and Exchange Commission that there is a lack of current and accurate information concerning the securities of CannaBusiness Group, Inc. because of questions regarding the accuracy of publicly available information about the company's operations."

Michael Cummings, CEO stated "the SEC did not notify CBGI of the Trading Suspension nor the reason behind the suspension, we are in the process of researching this issue and will answer all questions to the best of our ability that the SEC has. Also, during the suspension we will continue to operate our company along with our subsidiaries as usual."

The trading Suspension is through May 20, 2014 at 11:59PM EDT and trading will proceed as normal. We apologize to all of our shareholders for this unfortunate event and will try to resolve it ASAP. We know that shareholders would like to have their questions answered and our phones have been busy all day, however we have no other information than this right now and will update the public as we can.

About The CannaBusiness Group, Inc.

The CannaBusiness Group Inc. ("CBGI") founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Irvine, California we are a publicly held company vested as a strategic real estate acquisition, leasing, and management firm whose primary focus is on zoning issues. We acquire commercial property or land, and lease out the facilities for Agricultural, Industrial, Commercial and Retail, whether small or large scale clients.

The CannaBusiness Group, Inc. manages a portfolio of properties that it acquires and leases. We provide oversight on each and every property we manage. This can include complete architectural design and subsequent build-outs, general support, landscaping, general up-keep, and state of the art security systems.

CBGI developed an acquisition plan to acquire companies that sell products and services to include Security Services, E-Commerce Store Fronts for both Grow and Dispensary operations; Technology Solutions; Software Solutions; and miscellaneous solutions.

Any and all acquisitions will be spun off into their own publicly traded company in the future, or may be acquired or merged into another 3rd party company. Once, CBGI and subsidiary management agree that a company is ready to go public, merge or be acquired our group of professionals will start working on the best option for that company.

The CannaBusiness Group, Inc. adheres to all federal laws and does not sell marijuana at any dispensaries and/or a grow operations.

Stay up-to-date with current events by joining The CannaBusiness Group, Inc. E-Mail Alert List. Join by going to the following: www.thecannabusinessgroup.com

FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENT AND DISCLOSURE: This press release contains forward-looking statements, including expected industry patterns and other financial and business results that involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to differ materially from results expressed or implied by this press release. Such risk factors include, among others: the continuation of recent growth rates in the industry; the positioning of The CannaBusiness Group[SM], Inc. in the market; ability to integrate acquired properties and technology; ability to retain key employees; ability to successfully combine product offerings and customer acceptance of combined products; general market conditions, fluctuations in currency exchange rates, changes to operating systems and product strategy by vendors of operating systems; and whether The CannaBusiness Group [SM], Inc. can successfully execute their business plan. Actual results may differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements in this press release.

Investor Contact Information:

Investor Relations
    The CannaBusiness Group, Inc.
    Phone: 949-936-2596
    Email: info@thecannabusinessgroup.com

SOURCE The CannaBusiness Group, Inc.

Source: PR Newswire (May 7, 2014 - 4:51 PM EDT)

News by QuoteMedia

Godswill likes this.
  25. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

Maybe I'll join you in timing the BRND bottom. I even sold BYDDF it dropped over 7% today. Couldn't find any specific news, have to protect profits for the fall run.

26. southfork

Still waiting on brnd, sibe took a hit today and I added 10 k shares in the .12s

Godswill likes this.
  27. honu5050

honu5050 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

nunya
  28. honu5050

nunya
    weed has many potentials n' the tobacco company's have been growing hybrids for at least 40 + years.

29. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    I hope the tobacco companies dont start growing, they are going to **** everything up.

30. honu5050

nunya
    tobacco company's IMHO are worried about the myriad of law suits n' they were n' still get law suits over cigarettes . a moral issue as well. there is a lot of uses for weed but R J RENOLDS etc is waiting IMHO to see what go's down b4 up in smoke free 4 all is o.k.ed for now its watching courts/law dogs b4 anyone jumps or is pushed under da bus.

31. searcher

32. searcher

The Bud Light-ification of Bud

MAY 13, 2014
    Inside

[​IMG]

Credit Illustration by Kelsey Dake

There are many things that bother Jon Cooper about the market for marijuana.

“It’s nearly impossible to find a consistent product,” said Cooper, one of the legion of tech start-up guys and M.B.A.s plunging into the world of pot. “You go into a dispensary and buy something called ‘Sour Diesel’ and try it. You go to another dispensary, buy ‘Sour Diesel,’ and it’s a different experience. You go back to the first dispensary, buy it again and it’s not the same, either.”

Despite the inconsistency, nobody doubts marijuana’s popularity as a consumer product: 38 percent of Americans admit to having tried it, and 7 percent use it on a regular basis. But for decades, it has been produced and sold primarily on the black market, which has only recently developed shades of gray and white.

This has wrenched the ancient psychotropic substance into the machinery of 21st-century consumer capitalism — with all the consultants, marketers, brand advisers and scientists that come with it. A joint might never be as easy to access as a can of beer or a cigarette. But thousands of people and millions of dollars are hard at work to make it as predictable and dependable as one. Call it the Bud Light-ification of bud.

There’s a pressing economic reason for the pot industry to get better if it is to survive, aside from its formidable legal challenges. The plant is relatively cheap and easy to grow, and not complicated to process either. Left to the whims of the open market — meaning ignoring taxes and regulations — the price of a joint could plummet to the price of a tea bag or a packet of sugar. So how will investors help the market mature while still making money?

The market for marijuana is nothing like the market for corn or wine or tobacco — at least not yet — and the reasons start in the ground: Marijuana growing and processing is downright bush-league compared to modern American agribusiness. Much of the pot produced in the United States still comes from illegal or semi-legal grow sites, even given the surge of production and processing in states with recreational or medicinal laws. And strains remain understudied and underanalyzed, compared with the wheat in your cereal or even the marigolds in your garden.

The inefficiencies continue to pile up after the harvest. Marijuana has to be cured, then trimmed, before it is sold, and much of this work is still done by hand. Workers use scissors to cut away tough outer leaves and expose the smokable part of the plant. It’s a labor-intensive process, the kind that in other instances is completed by a machine, like a thresher or a cotton gin.

Already, the booming industry has started ironing things out. Growers House, a Tucson-based “indoor gardening center,” offers a wide variety of mechanical trimmers on its website. At the low end, for a few hundred dollars, they resemble salad spinners studded with blades; on the high end, they look more like propane grills. One of these, the Triminator ($17,900), can process 18 pounds of “material” in an hour — 90 times faster than hand-trimming, by the company’s own estimate.

Peter Adams, the executive director of Rockies Venture Club, an investment group that is researching the cannabis industry, thinks numbers like that mean an inevitable plunge in the price of pot. “People selling the ancillary products won’t see that,” Adams said. “You’re still going to have the same cost for LED’s, soil, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, those things.”

With costs and prices falling, producers might try to scramble up the value chain, complicating or sophisticating their offerings to get an edge. (Why sell nail polish when you can sell French manicures? More to the point, why sell cornmeal when you can sell Doritos?) There, they’re going to have to do a better job of luring and keeping customers if they want to midwife pot into the great big American consumer market, where consistency is king.

Crack open a can of Bud Light, then another and another. The beers should taste identical. Try the same with a McDonald’s hamburger, a Marlboro red, a stick of Wrigley’s gum or even a glass of name-brand, middle-market wine. Unless something has gone terribly wrong, it should feel as if you were sipping or smoking or eating the exact same product again and again and again.

In spite of marijuana’s significant popularity, there is still an element of roulette when it comes to smoking a legal joint or eating a legal brownie. Federal law does not require companies to test for and disclose levels of the drug’s active ingredients, like tetrahydrocannabinol. (Federal law does not hold that pot is legal, after all.) Many dispensaries and producers fail to test for potency, contaminants or mold. And different states have different disclosure laws with different levels of efficacy. As such, a gram of “AK-47” bought in an Oakland dispensary might affect you differently than a gram of the same purchased in Colorado. (As Cooper pointed out: “What is AK-47 supposed to be, anyway?”)

Cooper’s lament also applies to the realm of edibles, where marijuana oils and snacks can vary wildly in quality and potency. A recent study by The Denver Post, for instance, revealed large disparities between the amount of THC stated on an edible item’s package and what the product actually contained. Usually, the problem was underdosing: One chocolate “Star Barz” had 0.37 milligrams of the drug’s main psychoactive component, when it had been advertised as having 100 milligrams.

“Under a commercial system, the rules could be a lot tighter,” said Mark Kleiman of the University of California, Los Angeles, an adviser to Washington State.“Right now, you have some products where you’re supposed to eat, say, an eighth of a cookie. Who’s going to take a circular cookie and geometrically divide that friable object into eighths?”

Sensing the opportunity for something more predictable, Cooper and his partner at Ebbu, a Colorado pot start-up, are creating a variety of predosed products — like prerolled joints, or little Listerine-style strips. They have eschewed the silly strain names, instead labeling their products “high-energy,” “relaxed,” “bliss,” “create” and “giggles.”

Lauren Ely, a librarian from Erie, Colo., is working on a start-up called DisposaBowls — prepacked, disposable ceramic pipes.“I joke around and tell everyone I’m the old, fat Nancy Botwin,” she said, referring to the character from the HBO show “Weeds.” She said that she hoped the product would appeal to experienced smokers looking for a convenient way to bring the product with them while they go on a hike, for example. But she also saw it as a good way to introduce novices, seniors and medicinal smokers to pot, with gentle, predictable results.

The legal pressure on even legitimate marijuana businesses helps to explain much of the immaturity, by scaring away capital, both monetary and human: The industry until now has mostly been made up of potheads and lawbreakers, after all. But the investors I spoke with said that pitches have gotten better, and money has been rushing in, too.

Despite the potential, many investors are still hesitating at spending the money that might make joints and brownies less ad hoc, more corporate. Why spend $20 million on a grow site that might be shut down, or a new brand that might get stamped out by the next administration’s Justice Department? A surfeit of laws — and confusion between them — is holding the market back.

“It’s a little bit like Alice in Wonderland,” said Adams, of Rockies Venture Club. “All the rules of physics are broken, and you’re trying to figure your way through a strange place.” To be fair, it will probably feel like that to new consumers too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/magazine/the-bud-light-ification-of-bud.html?src=twr&_r=1

Godswill likes this.
  33. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

BRND: Someone seems to feel they need millions of shares of BRND today at .0014

34. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

LATF: Latteno Foods introduces 100% natural Viagra type of medicine for men and women.

Latteno Releases 100% All Natural Pleasure Enhancement Pills
    3 hours 51 minutes ago - DJNF

Latteno Releases 100% All Natural Pleasure Enhancement Pills
    Subsidiary Rx Harvest's Product Stimulates Both Men/Women and Treats Erectile Dysfunction
    DENVER, CO--(Marketwired - May 14, 2014) - Latteno Food Corp. (OTC Pink: LATF) (PINKSHEETS: LATF) announced today a major diversification in the Sex Enhancement - Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Industry.
    Latteno's Rx Harvest Collective, in collaboration with a respected Chinese herbalist and acupuncture specialists, has developed a 100% Natural Sex Enhancement Formula that increases sexual arousal in both men and women, and is a safe and effective treatment for Erectile Dysfunction that does not required a doctor's prescription. Rx Harvest Collective maintains exclusive rights to distribute this formula as private label sex enhancement pills.
    This all natural proprietary formula effectively combines known healing ingredients such as Ginseng, Celandine leaves, Oysters, Teasel Roots, Lyceum and Schisandra fruits extracts. The formula is safer to use than most name brand Sex Enhancement and Erectile Dysfunction Treatments, such as Viagra or Cialis, as there are no side effects and, under most situations, can be used by those with high blood pressure or diabetes. Two tablets before sex ensure a strong enduring performance.
    Additionally, with a price point well below competitive treatments (10 pills @ $24.99), the Company's Treatment is by far more economical and effective than the brand names in the Industry. Visit www.RxHC.org for complete product details.
    Erectile Dysfunction and Sexual Enhancement Treatments represent a major market for the Company to diversify and build on its successful initiatives in the Medical Marijuana Market (MMJ) and the seafood distribution industry.
    The Company's Mekonza unit recently report new distribution contracts that are anticipated to immediately increase Revenue 20-30% over the next number of months.
    Additionally, the Company has recently announced progress on numerous fronts both in California, Nevada and, their new home, Colorado. Specific initiatives include the MMJ Delivery Service, MMJ Grower Warehouse facilities, MMJ Dispensaries and MMJ Evaluation Offices. Each of these initiatives has been developed to provide complementary sustainable revenue streams to each market it opens.
    About Latteno Food Corp. (Latteno.com)
    Latteno Food Corp. is an investment portfolio company that acquires food products, medical marijuana edibles and related products/services to enhance their growth and development. The company builds revenues and asset value through a model of continuous growth, income from or sale of its portfolio holdings, and product licensing or distribution agreements.
    About Rx Harvest Collective Inc. (RxHC.org)
    Southern California-owned and licensed medical marijuana co-op and transporting. The specific purpose of this corporation is to collectively facilitate medical marijuana cultivation and transactions by and between qualified patient members of this corporation and/or primary caregiver members who have the oral or written approval or recommendation of a licensed physician, as permitted and authorized by the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 (Health and Safety Code section 11362.5) and the Medical Marijuana Program Act (Health and Safety Code sections 11362.7 - 11362.83).
    About Mekonza Corp. (Mekonza-corp.com)
    Headquartered in Southern California since 2006, Global Trading Group (GTG) started out as a luxury/exotic car exporter and eventually branched out into seafood importing which came about Mekonza Seafood. The variety of seafood products we offer has allowed us to be an innovator in product development. The diversity of our products allows us to be the next force-to-be-reckon-with in the seafood industry. Mekonza has grown from a small one-man operation to one of the West Coast's most innovative and well-equipped seafood importing and processing companies. With outstanding customer service as our secret sauce and key ingredient, we're on our way to be the industry's leader committed to achieve the highest possible standards in quality, service to our clients, suppliers and investors.
    Safe Harbor Statement
    This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27a of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and section 21e of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Those statements include the intent, belief or current expectations of the company and its management team. Prospective investors are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors. Accomplishing the strategy described herein is significantly dependent upon numerous factors, many that are not in management's control. Some of these factors include the ability of the company to raise sufficient capital, attract qualified management, attract new customers and effectively compete against similar companies.
    Latteno Food Corp.
    Investor Relations
    (310) 974-6043
    info@latteno.com
    (MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires
    May 14, 2014 11:15 ET (15:15 GMT)

35. southfork

Been watching, the trading range is getting too thin, might go below 001 the company looks like its selling shares again.

36. Godswill

Godswill Seeker Seeker

Thanks, I haven't checked it today, I'll take a closer look maybe I need to cancel my buy order for .001.

37. searcher

Godswill and Goldhedge like this.
  38. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
  39. searcher

Godswill likes this.
  40. southfork

Added another 10k shares of SIBE today at .0905