1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Is Alcoholism a Disease or Genetic? Alcohol Abuse & Mental Health

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by searcher, Mar 31, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

What Is Your Alcohol Voice?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

ublished on Apr 4, 2017

Day 276 of the 365 day video challenge!
    What Is Your Alcohol Voice?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/what-is-you...

What exactly is your alcohol voice? It's certainly not something real… It's a label that we give to a part of our own minds that we see as encouraging us to take another drink or to stay with the alcohol lifestyle… As you know, I don't like any references or labels which bring you back, or maintain a connection with the alcohol… I much prefer to call this the Gollum... It's that part of me which likes instant gratification, staying in the comfort zone, doesn't like change, and tries to convince you that it is in the right… This Gollum can be attributed to many different areas of your life, not just alcohol… Hope you enjoy the video!

2. searcher

This Moment Affects The Rest Of Your Life, Shape The Best Of Your Life
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 5, 2017
    Day 277 of the 365 day video challenge!
    This Moment Affects the Rest of Your Life, Shape the Best of Your Life
    http://alcoholmastery.com/this-moment...
    Today's video is about how you shape the rest of your life through using this moment that you have now… This is all you have… How can you use this moment? How can you really use this moment…?

3. searcher

Once You Choose Hope, Anything Is Possible
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 6, 2017
    Day 278 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Once You Choose Hope, Anything Is Possible
    http://alcoholmastery.com/once-you-ch...

Today, I want to talk about choosing hope. This is a quote from Christopher Reeve. One of the things he said was "Once you choose hope, anything is possible".
    The opposite is also true. Once you start down the road and you think there's no hope, then you're just narrowing your possibilities. Hope just widens everything out and makes things a lot more accessible in your life. It makes almost anything in your life possible.
    Desmond Tutu said, "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness".

4. searcher

Believe And Act As If It Were Impossible To Fail
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 7, 2017
    Day 279 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Believe And Act As If It Were Impossible To Fail
    http://alcoholmastery.com/believe-and...

I love this quote from Charles Kettering… "Believe and act as if it were impossible"…

I think we sometimes have to act first before we believe… Especially when we are entering time in our lives which is so full of trepidation and the unknown factor…

I didn't know what to expect from my new journey. It's scary, yet it's full of possibilities.

It takes a lot somebody to step across that line, to give up so much that has become a part of who they are, and to go boldly into the new life…

Hope you enjoy the video.
    Don't forget guys, if you like this video, please "Like", "Favourite", and"Share" it with your friends to show your support. It really helps us out! If there's something you'd like to see Me discussed on the show, let me know in the comments below… See you soon!

5. searcher

Beer or Wine in Food When You Have Stopped Drinking Alcohol?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 8, 2017
    Day 280 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Beer or Wine in Food When You Have Stopped Drinking Alcohol?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/beer-or-win...

Should you have beer or wine, any alcohol, in your food after you have stopped drinking alcohol? It's a simple question. Or is it?

6. searcher

9 Ways To Understand Your Drinking Triggers & How To Disrupt Them
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 9, 2017
    Day 281 of the 365 day video challenge!
    9 Ways to Understand Your Drinking Triggers & How to Disrupt Them
    http://alcoholmastery.com/9-ways-to-u...
    What are your alcohol triggers? Where are they? How do you find them? And more importantly, how you deal with them?
    Today's topic is a look at 9 specific ways of uncovering and understanding your alcohol behavioural triggers.
    We'll also look at a few tips on deconstructing and overcoming them.

7. searcher

Make Yourself A Priority In When You Quit Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 11, 2017
    Day 283 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Make Yourself a Priority in When You Quit Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/make-yourse...

Today I want to talk about making yourself a priority in the first weeks or months of your quit. You should be doing this in your life in general. The primary aim of quitting drinking alcohol is obviously to stop the actual drinking...to stop the alcohol going in. Without stopping that flow, it's very difficult to change anything else. You can't change anything else. It certainly goes without saying, you can't quit drinking without stopping the flow...

Don't forget guys, if you like this video, please "Like", "Favourite", and"Share" it with your friends to show your support. It really helps us out! If there's

8. searcher

Ways Alcohol Drinking Is Affecting Your Work
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 12, 2017
    Day 284 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Ways Alcohol Drinking Is Affecting Your Work
    http://alcoholmastery.com/ways-alcoho...

Today's video is about how alcohol drinking affects your work, regardless of whether you work for yourself or somebody else. It's also about how all the other areas of your life, your relationships, your finances, your self-control, and your self-confidence, also return and reflect on the job that you do.

9. searcher

Do You Think Your Quit Alcohol Success Was Down To New Beginnings
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 13, 2017
    Day 285 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Do You Think Your Quit Alcohol Success Was down to New Beginnings?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/do-you-thin...

Today's topic is from and mail that I got here the guy asked me, do I think my success was down to my new beginnings, in other words, moving to Spain, doing things like that in my life. The quick answer is that yes, most of my change is based on my new beginnings. But isn't that what change is all about? Making new beginnings?

Don't forget guys, if you like this video, please "Like", "Favourite", and"Share" it with your friends to show your support. It really helps us out! If there's something you'd like to see Me discussed on the show, let me know in the comments below… See you soon!

10. searcher

What Happens When You Make A Clear Decision To Quit Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 14, 2017
    Day 286 of the 365 day video challenge!
    What Happens When You Make A Clear Decision to Quit Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/what-happen...

Let's talk about what happens when you have a clear commitment to achieving what you want in this life? When you've got 100% commitment, and you take 100% responsibility for the things you're doing in life... When you move forwards, you move with a methodical, step by step approach to doing things. No matter what's happening around you, you keep moving forwards… You keep pushing yourself to take the next step… How will your life benefit from that?

11. searcher

Does My Partner Drink Alcohol and How Does That Affect My Quit?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 15, 2017
    Day 287 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Does My Partner Drink Alcohol and How Does That Affect My Quit?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/does-my-par...

The question today comes from YouTube: does my partner still drink and how does that affect me, and in what ways?
    My partner still does drink. It doesn't affect me at all at this stage. I'm completely used to not drinking and others still drinking. It's a part of my life. I just don't think about it anymore.

12. searcher

7 Ways To Begin Your New Life Alcohol Free Starting To Stop Drinking
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 16, 2017
    Day 288 of the 365 day video challenge!
    7 Ways to Begin Your New Life Alcohol Free: Starting to Stop Drinking
    http://alcoholmastery.com/7-ways-to-b...

There's no better way to start any journey than to start prepared. Even if you're only preparing the ground work in your mind. Today's video is a short rundown of a few different ways that you can kickstart your alcohol free journey.

13. searcher

The Life Changing Magic Of Quitting Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 17, 2017
    Day 289 of the 365 day video challenge!
    The Life Changing Magic of Quitting Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/the-life-ch...

There are few things that I have done in my life that have challenged and changed me so radically.

There are few things that you will ever do YOUR life which will change YOUR life so radically…

Quitting putting this poison into our bodies is probably, the most monumental thing which can change the course of our lives. But, it's only the beginning…

This journey is not just about stopping putting the alcohol in… It's about deconstructing the quick fix, instant gratification mindset and behaviour that keep us locked into the spiralling habits that sink our futures into sad mediocrity.

Stopping putting this stuff in is the first battlecry of someone who has had enough, who wants more.

It's that first step into a magical journey where almost anything is possible…

14. searcher

Mistakes Are Proof That You Are Trying
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 18, 2017
    Day 290 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Mistakes Are Proof That You Are Trying
    http://alcoholmastery.com/mistakes-ar...

Today, I want to talk about mistakes, that they are proof that you're trying and you're on the right path. Just think about anything that you've ever done in your life, anything you've ever learned, any topic you've ever studied. Anything you do or have done, every success has always been peppered with mistakes. One mistake after another. In this video, I talk about the benefits of mistakes, the inevitability of mistakes, and how they make you into a much stronger person.

Don't forget guys, if you like this video, please "Like", "Favourite", and"Share" it with your friends to show your support. It really helps us out! If there's something you'd like to see Me discussed on the show, let me know in the comments below… See you soon

15. searcher

Who Or What Ties You to Alcohol for Life?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 20, 2017
    Day 291 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Who Or What Ties You to Alcohol for Life?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/who-or-what...

Why do you drink alcohol? What is it that makes alcohol drinking stick with you? Is it your family? Is it your genetic inheritance? What about the "alcoholic disease"?

It is my belief that, although there might be a fragment of truth in each of these, mostly they are figments of somebody else's imagination, another form of brainwashing for the masses!

We are so indoctrinated with this hogwash, drilled into us from an early age, that it's almost as hard to break away from this thinking as it is to break away from the behaviour and the habit of drinking.

16. searcher

How to Quit Drinking When You Don’t Have Children As Motivation?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 20, 2017
    Day 292 of the 365 day video challenge!
    How to Quit Drinking When You Don’t Have Children As Motivation?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/how-to-quit...

My primary motivation for quitting drinking alcohol was that I wanted to be a good role model to my son. Today's video is in answer to question-"If your son wasn't around, what's your solid ground when you wake up and in the evening".

17. searcher

Being on the Right Track Is Not Enough You Have To Move Onwards
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 21, 2017
    Day 293 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Being on the Right Track Is Not Enough - You Have To Move Onwards
    http://alcoholmastery.com/being-on-th...

How easy is it to get on the right track?

The first step is always going to be believing that you can do it, believing that you can be anything you want to be, achieve anything you want to achieve. Sometimes, we don't even have this fundamental mindset. What then?

Maybe you just need to believe enough to take a step forwards. Fake it until you make it.

Once you've taken that first step, believe enough to take the second step. Fake it until you make it.

Once you have taken that second step, you might have built enough momentum to take you to the third step…

This is the way any change is constructed, one step after another. You never have to take more than one step at a time. None of us can. All you have to think about is having the belief and the willingness to take that next step.

Onwards and upwards!

18. searcher

The 8 Habits Of Highly Successful Ex drinkers
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 23, 2017
    Day 295 of the 365 day video challenge!
    The 8 Habits of Highly Successful Ex-Drinkers
    http://alcoholmastery.com/the-8-habit...

What does it take to quit drinking alcohol? Is a rundown of some of the habits that can help you not only to quit drinking, but will help you in the long run to eliminate any habit and build the new life that you want.

19. searcher

The Challenge Of Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 24, 2017
    Day 290 of the 365 day video challenge!
    The Challenge of Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/the-challen...

Zig Ziglar, an inspiring motivational speaker, said that "We only expand by demand", meaning if there is no pressure to change you will not change, you will not grow, you will not expand.

That pressure can come in many different guises. It can be a health scare causing you to second-guess some of the things that you're doing in your life. The pressure could come from somebody close to you who realises, often a long time before you do, that you need to change. It can come from something very simple. An innocuous event that means very little in the grand scheme of things, but belts you so hard in the gut that you have no choice but to take notice.

My health was suffering before I stopped drinking, but I didn't realise because alcohol caused health complaints happen over a long period of time… It's hard to take notice.

Unless you get a "no ifs and no buts" ultimatum laid on the line by your doctor, telling you of an immediate necessity to change, health-related problems can take a long time to show their faces.

For me, it was that single solitary punch in the gut moment that caused everything to change. It was that moment, when I saw my son walking up and down the beach, looking for his lost iPhone, that I saw the need to expand… The demand to expand…

That's just one of the challenges of changing yourself enough that you quit drinking and never go back to that lifestyle.

There are many challenges, but if you are not challenged, you're not changing. I hope you enjoy the video.

20. searcher

Quitting Drinking Can Seem Impossible Until You Don’t Drink Any More
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 25, 2017
    Day 297 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Quitting Drinking Can Seem Impossible Until You Don’t Drink Any More
    http://alcoholmastery.com/quitting-dr...

We all know that the actual process of quitting drinking alcohol is very, very simple… YOU don't put the alcohol into YOUR body. If you follow this one simple rule, there's nothing more to do.

Having said that, what holds many people back from either starting this journey or progressively moving away from alcohol and advancing with their lives, is that so many parts of their lives must alter in order to achieve that end goal.

People fear the extent of this change. And, when you look at it from a birds eye view, it's a really big task. However, fortunately for us, we don't live our lives like that. We live our lives moment by moment.
    Once you get onto the track, the right track, the track which is going to take you towards your ideal destination, there becomes a certain beautiful inevitability about the changes that you will make, and the changes that will begin to happen automatically…

Think about the snowball rolling down a hill. It starts out at the top as something very small, weak, slow, hesitant, uncertain. In no time it starts to move quicker, easier, it's gathering magnitude, building momentum, accelerating. By the time it reaches the bottom of the hill, it bears no resemblance to that which started at the top.

The same with your new journey… You start out with uncertainty, feeling not up to the job, hesitant and uncertain about the next step, lacking knowledge or experience, feeling weak. But as the days roll on, your experience grows. You put more distance between yourself and the alcohol. You take more steps towards the person you want to be. You feel stronger. You feel like you are growing in confidence. By the time you get to 6 months, a year, two years, your life will bear no resemblance to what it looked like at the beginning of your journey. You will have changed so much, beyond what you thought possible, and in ways you couldn't possibly have thought about.

That is what you have to tap into. And that is what can only be found within the confines of your own mentality. Stop looking anywhere else. You won't find it. Start looking inside. Be your own biggest inspiration.

21. skyvike

skyvike Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Alcohol is not just a depressant.

It's a hypnotic.

The more intoxicated you are, the more susceptible to suggestion you are.

You tell yourself the best way to (relax, be happy, forget troubles, reduce stress, ease the pain, or whatever) and you drink.

You keep telling yourself the same thing while drinking more which creates a chemically induced state of highly suggestible hypnosis.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Alcoholics hypnotize themselves and convince themselves to drink more which induces them to remind themselves why they drink>

More and more I'm convinced that alcoholism is a mental state created by this hypnosis-suggestion cycle.

Works for any drug that is also a hypnotic.

Probably why Marijuana is not addictive...

TAEZZAR, Buffalo and searcher like this.
  22. searcher

Alcohol's Effect on Bodybuilding and Fat Loss
    Lee Hayward

Published on Jul 11, 2015
    Alcohol & Fat Loss Don't Mix, but you can minimize the damage...

Bodybuilding Training App: http://www.leehayward.com/app

FREE Bodybuilding Diet: http://www.leehayward.com/diet

FREE Workout: http://www.leehayward.com/muscle-buil...

If you enjoy tipping back a few weekend beverages than you need to realize that it is hindering your fat loss progress. But there are some tips you can use to limit the damage done.

Alcohol packs A LOT of calories...

First off alcohol is very calorie dense with 7 calories per gram. Protein and carbohydrates only have 4 calories per gram and fat is the most caloric dense of all with 9 calories per gram. So alcohol is almost as caloric dense as fat. But unlike protein, carbs, and fats which your body needs - alcohol provides no nutritional benefits what so ever. It's pure empty calories.

Alcohol prevents fat burning...

When you have alcohol in your system will NOT Burn Bodyfat. It literally shuts down fat burning until you metabolism the alcohol first. So if you are tipping back a few drinks over the course of the day, than you are literally preventing fat burning all day long.

Alcohol lowers your inhibitions...

When you drink, you tend to make poor decisions. And some people would argue that that's part of the fun of drinking in the first place. But along with those poor decisions also come poor food choices. While you may be strict with your diet when sober, it's easy to cheat on high calorie junk foods after you've been drinking. Combine this with the fact that alcohol increases your appetite and it's not hard to consume a lot of excess calories that go right to the waistline.

What Can You Do To Minimize Fat Gain From Drinking?

First you can plan your food in advance. Just like you'd pack a healthy lunch for yourself when going to work. Pack a healthy meal to eat when you go drinking. Rather than relying on whatever fast food, junk food, or pub grub that typically goes along with drinking. Plan ahead and have a healthy meal ready to go when the munchies strike.

How To Limit The Amount Of Alcohol You Drink...

A little trick that I used to do when I was younger is to space out your alcoholic drinks. So instead of just slamming back one drink after another (like most people do). I'd have 1 alcoholic drink, then I'd have 1 non-alcoholic drink, and then I'd have a glass of water. And I'd keep repeating this pattern all evening long. This way only 1 out of every 3 drinks I consumed only contained alcohol. This allowed me to fit in socially by always having a glass in my hand, thus people weren't pressuring me to "drink". And it also helped to re-hydrate my body and minimize some of the damage that the alcohol was doing.

You can use this tip yourself the next time you go drinking with friends, even if you just did a one for one (i.e. one drink then one glass of water) this would go a long way towards minimizing total alcohol consumption and also minimizing the damage done.

23. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    Ever try chewing gum?

searcher and TAEZZAR like this.
  24. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Yes, I have, it loses it's flavor too soon for me (on the bed post over night, LOLOL)
    Seriously, I learned a long time ago that carrot & celery sticks can be a great snack with little to no weight gain.

searcher and pitw like this.
  25. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    I used gum and it helped me lose 30lbs.
    As for the booze I don't know if it's genetic or what but pure hell it can be. I quit drinking 32 years ago and I still think I've drank more than 99% of the people in the world. I only worry about 1 drink and if I never touch that one the other several million will look after themselves.

searcher and TAEZZAR like this.
  26. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Yes, I have, it loses it's flavor too soon for me (on the bed post over night, LOLOL)
    Seriously, I learned a long time ago that carrot & celery sticks can be a great snack with little to no weight gain.

searcher likes this.
  27. searcher

5 Ways Quitting Drinking Can Help You Find the Love of Your Life
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 26, 2017
    Day 298 of the 365 day video challenge!
    5 Ways Quitting Drinking Can Help You Find the Love of Your Life
    http://alcoholmastery.com/5-ways-quit...

Whether you already have somebody meaningful in your life or your looking for that person, quitting drinking alcohol is something which can help your love life. :-)

28. searcher

Are There Any Places That Tempt Me to Drink? What to Do About It?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 27, 2017
    Day 299 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Are There Any Places That Tempt Me to Drink? What to Do About It?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/are-there-a...

Today's video is based around a question from YouTube: are there any places that tempt me to drink?

The thing is, no matter what habits you are trying to quit, most of the behaviour is controlled by subconscious mechanisms.

So, it's your job in the early days to bring those parts of your behaviour to the surface where you can deal with them.

This is not as difficult as it sounds. Your mind is going to do most of the work for you. This comes in the form of cravings and temptations.
    There will be so many reminders of alcohol around you because of the nature of your habit. But that's all they are, reminders. Temptations and cravings are the labels that we give to these reminders that prompt us to do the behaviour.

Your conscious mind is fighting against it. Your subconscious mind is trying to get you to do it. It's as simple as that.

The solution, the perfect solution, is that your habit is built on repetition… It's also broken down through repetition. The more refuse to indulge in the habit, the less power it has of you, the less temptation craving you will feel.

I hope you enjoy the video :-)

29. searcher

Understand Your Drinking Problem And You’re Halfway To Quitting
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 28, 2017
    Day 300 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Understand Your Drinking Problem And You’re Halfway to Quitting
    http://alcoholmastery.com/understand-...

300 days! The end of the challenge is in sight.
    Today's video is about finding your particular drinking problem. It's not about the alcohol, that's not what this whole thing boils down to. It's about something else. Something underneath that keeps us going back to this type of shallow instant solution. What's your problem?

TAEZZAR likes this.
  30. searcher

6 Facts About Quitting Drinking Everyone Thinks are True
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 29, 2017
    Day 301 of the 365 day video challenge!
    6 Facts About Quitting Drinking Everyone Thinks are True
    http://alcoholmastery.com/6-facts-abo...

Today's video is based on six "facts" about alcohol and addiction that most people believe. This is not only incredibly harmful to anyone who wants to quit drinking, but as we know, there are monumental untruths being told about alcohol itself and its place within our society…

31. searcher

What To Say To People Who Challenge Your Quitting Drinking
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Apr 30, 2017
    Day 302 of the 365 day video challenge!
    What to Say to People Who Challenge your Quitting Drinking
    http://alcoholmastery.com/what-to-say...

One of the simplest, and yet seemingly most complicated, problems that people face when they quit drinking is what to say to people who challenge the fact that they are not drinking. How do you approach this?

For a start, it depends on who is doing the asking.

For me, biggest control over this whole process is how you direct your own attention and how you direct other people's attention.

You have the best chance of success in quitting drinking alcohol if you focus your attention away from alcohol, towards thing or set of things that you want to achieve in your life after booze.

You have the best chance of success of avoiding or deflecting other people's attention away from the fact that you were quitting drinking alcohol if you focus their attention away from the alcohol.

Take a look at the video… I hope you enjoy!

32. TAEZZAR

I'll drink to that !!

I think the best way to handle theses people is simply tell them that you have chosen not to drink & do not associate with them if possible.
    Anyone that has such low self respect & a lack of respect for others, is not worth associating with !!
    I use this "evaluation tool" in many areas of my life. Life is too short to put up with assholes !
    After doing this for a while, you find yourself surrounded with real friends !!

searcher likes this.
  33. searcher

The Drink You Crave or The Life You’re Crave? It’s YOUR Choice!
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 1, 2017
    Day 303 of the 365 day video challenge!
    The Drink You Crave or The Life You’re Crave? It’s YOUR Choice!
    http://alcoholmastery.com/the-drink-y...

Alcohol cravings are momentary, your cravings for the life you want will last you for the rest of your days… Which are you going to give in to?

34. searcher

Did Quitting Drinking Alcohol Cost You Your Social Life? Do I Miss it?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 2, 2017
    Day 304 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Did Quitting Drinking Alcohol Cost You Your Social Life? Do I Miss it?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/did-quittin...

Ask yourself what is your social life? How would you define your own social life?
    This video is based around an email question: Did quitting drinking alcohol cost you your social life? Do you still miss it, deep in your heart?
    I will talk about about my social life now and then… The costs of drinking alcohol versus not drinking alcohol in relation to my social life.

35. searcher

No One Saves Us But Ourselves
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 3, 2017
    Day 305 of the 365 day video challenge!
    No One Saves Us But Ourselves
    http://alcoholmastery.com/no-one-save...

You are the only one who can change anything about yourself… Your thinking, your rituals, your behaviour, your actions… You are the only one who can stop putting the alcohol into your mouth… You are the only one who can create a better life for yourself.
    There are many many ways that you can hold yourself back. Persisting with alcoholic thinking. Continuing to associate yourself with your alcoholic lifestyle… Calling yourself sober, in recovery… Putting roadblocks in front of yourself like PAWS... These are all things that you do to yourself… The ideas might be somebody else's, but you're the one who, through your belief, allows them to act on your brain, on your thoughts, and on your life… There is nobody that can save you put yourself…

36. searcher

Do You Have A Genetic Inheritance For Alcohol?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 4, 2017
    Day 306 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Do You Have A Genetic Inheritance For Alcohol?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/do-you-have...

Today's video asks, have you got a genetic inheritance to alcohol? Do you have a gene inside you that says you're more susceptible to getting hooked on alcohol than somebody else? Genetic inheritance means that something has been passed down from your grandparents, great-grandparents, or your great-great grandparents. It's been passed to one of your parents and then to you. Do I believe it?

37. TAEZZAR

YES, it can, or at least friendships !!
    I once tried to help a friend/neighbor quit drinking.(and me too) His wife actually came to me in tears & asked if I would try to get Dave to quit drinking.
    I thought I was being smooth & cool - not.
    We both were drinking too much, but he was really bad. So bad, that on camping trips he would get drunk & do a fire dance around the campfire & sometimes FALL INTO THE FIRE !!!

So, I simply said, around the campfire one night: "Hey Dave, let's see who can go the longest without a drink"
    Dave turned to me with fire in his eyes & said "You son-of-a-bitch, you're trying to get me to quit drinking, fuck you". We never talked much after that !!!

searcher likes this.
  38. searcher

Don’t Let Gremlin Tell You You Are Capable Of Moderating
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 5, 2017
    Day 307 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Don’t Let Gremlin Tell You You Are Capable of Moderating Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/dont-let-gr...

Everyone has that inner voice that always wants to find the easiest way out of a problem. Sometimes, this voice is very helpful. Finding an easy solution to a problem is something we all want, after all. But at other times, the voice becomes the monster in the machine. The gremlin will try to get you to do the easiest thing possible, the thing that takes the least effort. This will most likely stop you from doing anything that delivers the most value for you and your life…

39. searcher

Beware of Following Someone Else's Path To Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 6, 2017
    Day 308 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Beware of Following Someone Else's Path To Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/beware-of-f...

This video is about not being afraid to choose your own path in life.

40. searcher

10 Powerful Ways To Keep Your Alcohol Free Journey Simple
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 7, 2017
    Day 309 of the 365 day video challenge!
    10 Powerful Ways to Keep Your Alcohol Free Journey Simple
    http://alcoholmastery.com/10-powerful...

The beauty of quitting drinking alcohol is the simplicity by which it is achieved.
    We all know how to do it.
    Confucius said, "life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated".
    Here's a few tips on keeping your post alcohol journey as simple as possible…