1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Is Alcoholism a Disease or Genetic? Alcohol Abuse & Mental Health

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by searcher, Mar 31, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Pink Cloud Syndrome
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 8, 2017
    Day 310 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Pink Cloud Syndrome
    http://alcoholmastery.com/pink-cloud-...

Pink Cloud syndrome is "recovery" jargon which refers to somebody who speaks about how great it is to be free of alcohol, how great life is, and how the reality has improved so much. In the twisted vernacular of the recovery industry, this means that the person is out of touch with reality.
    Hahaha is all I have to say! It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous that the recovery industry has a name for if you're still feeling crap after you have quit drinking…Post Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) and then Pink Cloud Syndrome, for when you're too happy.
    This means that there is no real middleground…As AA likes to say, once an alcoholic always an alcoholic… Anything outside of that is out of touch with reality…

Don't forget guys, if you like this video, please "Like", "Favourite", and"Share" it with your friends to show your support. It really helps us out! If there's something you'd like to see Me discussed on the show, let me know in the comments below… See you soon!

2. searcher

You Have To Plan For Context In Any Behaviour Change
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 10, 2017
    Day 312 of the 365 day video challenge!
    You Have To Plan for Context in Any Behaviour Change
    http://alcoholmastery.com/you-have-to...

You have to understand the context in which you want to change a behaviour. Obviously, with alcohol drinking, the basic idea is to stop putting this stuff into your mouth.

So, the contextual element of this comes into play when you are figuring out what triggers your drinking, where you drink, who you drink with, how much you drink, the time of day you drink, and so on…

These are all contextual markers.

You also have to identify the context of the new behaviours you would like to acquire.

Don't forget guys, if you like this video, please "Like", "Favourite", and"Share" it with your friends to show your support. It really helps us out! If there's something you'd like to see Me discussed on the show, let me know in the comments below… See you soon!

3. Juristic Person

Juristic Person They drew first blood Platinum Bling

It is neither. Alcoholism is a choice and has more to do with willpower and self control than it does anything else.

abeland1, 90%RealMoney and searcher like this.
  4. searcher

Shift Your Paradigm 30 Or 40 Years Down The Road
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 11, 2017
    Day 313 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Shift Your Paradigm 30 or 40 Years down the Road
    http://alcoholmastery.com/shift-your-...

Today's video is about shifting your paradigm in order to see what will happen to you in the future if you quit or if you don't quit. It's a great exercise in putting some perspective on what you do today.

5. searcher

Who Do You Need to Become To Quit Drinking Alcohol?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 13, 2017
    Day 314 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Who Do You Need to Become To Quit Drinking Alcohol?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/who-do-you-...

One of the best parts about quitting drinking alcohol is that you necessarily have to change many parts of your life to accommodate your new self. Think about this. This is a wonderful opportunity to get a fresh start, to become the person who you really want to be.
    On the other side of the coin, in order to get to that place where you never look at alcohol again, never desire another drunken night, you have to become a different person… It's necessary… you have to alter your thinking on a very fundamental level.
    In this video I talk about changing on the inside which precipitates change on the outside. How to push yourself to take those actions and how it all begins with altering your thoughts.

6. searcher

Can You End Up in Hospital From Quitting Booze?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 14, 2017
    Day 315 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Can You End Up in Hospital From Quitting Booze?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/can-you-end...

The question today is: can you end up in the hospital from quitting drinking alcohol?
    The quick answer is, of course you can. But, you can end up in the hospital for drinking too much water. You have to ask yourself why you're in the hospital in the first place. Is it because you quit all of a sudden and you're in the hospital because you quit drinking? Or is it because you were drinking all that stuff in the first place? How many people have to pay a hospital visit because they have been drinking alcohol?

7. searcher

5 Ways to Stop Doubting Yourself - Work Hard and Make it Happen
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 14, 2017
    Day 316 of the 365 day video challenge!
    5 Ways to Stop Doubting Yourself - Work Hard and Make it Happen
    http://alcoholmastery.com/5-ways-stop...

I think one of the biggest things that stops people from achieving things is their fear of failure. But in reality, it's doubt that starts the whole ball rolling. Doubt about your talent, about your skills, about your abilities, about your intelligence, and so on, are the things that even prevent you from trying. Doubt is something which precedes fear, which ignites and inflames fear, which stops most people from even pushing a little bit outside of their comfort zones.
    You've heard the old saying that belief can move mountains… Well, doubt can construct those mountains… How do you avoid this? Build more belief!
    In this video I'm going to be talking about planning, overthinking, using your past doubts, avoiding spinning your thoughts out of control, and keeping an air of confidence about you.

8. searcher

Quit Alcohol Means Getting Off Your Comfort Zone And Doing The Work
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 15, 2017
    Day 317 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Quit Alcohol Means Getting Off Your Comfort Zone and Doing the Work
    http://alcoholmastery.com/quit-alcoho...

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
    Yesterday we had a video about stopping doubting yourself. Today's video is about the next step, putting in the hard work and pushing yourself until you feel uncomfortable. If you're not feeling uncomfortable, you are not heading in the right direction.

9. searcher

10 Ways To Know If You Might Have Liver Damage From Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 16, 2017
    Day 318 of the 365 day video challenge!
    10 Ways to Know If You Might Have Liver Damage from Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/10-ways-to-...

10. searcher

30 Days without Alcohol Is Like Winning a Trophy
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 17, 2017
    Day 319 of the 365 day video challenge!
    30 Days without Alcohol Is Like Winning a Trophy
    http://alcoholmastery.com/30-days-wit...

Counting days in the long-term is not something that I would advise. It keeps you firmly tethered to alcohol thinking, recovery thinking, past thinking… However, the first 30 days are an important time. This is where most of the habit "ungluing" will happen. So, it's a great milestone to get to your first 30 days…

11. searcher

Quitting When Things Get Difficult
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 18, 2017
    Day 320 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Quitting When Things Get Difficult
    http://alcoholmastery.com/quitting-wh...

In today's video, I'm going to talk about quitting when the going gets tough. There is no easy way out of a strong habit. The only way you get rid of any embedded habit, especially where a drug is involved, you have to break it down bit by bit.
    You can create an internal culture of failure by giving into temptation. I'll talk about some of the problems of quitting and not following through and some of the things you can do about it.

12. searcher

What’s the Highest Level Thing You Can Do Right Now to Quit Alcohol?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 19, 2017
    Day 321 of the 365 day video challenge!
    What’s the Highest Level Thing You Can Do Right Now to Quit Alcohol?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/whats-the-h...

Today's video is about trying to find the highest level thing that you can be doing in this moment advance yourself, get yourself away from alcohol, and pull yourself towards that future that you want to achieve.

13. searcher

Making Meaningful Connections After Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 20, 2017
    Day 322 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Making Meaningful Connections After Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/making-mean...

This video talks about how shallow relationships can get while you are drinking alcohol and how they really improve once you stop.

14. searcher

5 Ways to Stop Complaining and Get a Move Away From Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 21, 2017
    Day 323 of the 365 day video challenge!
    5 Ways to Stop Complaining and Get a Move on Away From Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/5-ways-to-s...

Today's video talks about how you should stop complaining about what is happening to you when you're quitting booze. Everything that is happening to you is the result of your actions, taking swallow after swallow of this toxinous substance. So, who are you complaining about? Just get on with it. Stop complaining that it's too hard, that you can't stand it, and get on with getting on with your life. Here's some tips on how to stop complaining.

15. searcher

6 Mistakes to Avoid When Quitting Booze
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 23, 2017
    Day 324 of the 365 day video challenge!
    6 Mistakes to Avoid When Quitting Booze
    http://alcoholmastery.com/6-mistakes-...

1. Wrong focus
    2. The gremlin
    3. Mourning your loss
    4. Failure to prepare
    5. Outside answers
    6. Quitting drinking is enough

16. searcher

Normal Vs Abnormal what Is Normal Becomes Abnormal, What Is Abnormal Becomes Normal
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 23, 2017
    Day 325 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Normal vs Abnormal...What is Normal Becomes Abnormal, What is Abnormal Becomes Normal
    http://alcoholmastery.com/normal-vs-a...

What is normal vs. abnormal? Who gets to dictate that? Who gets to dictate that in your life?

17. searcher

Should You Pay To Quit Drinking Alcohol?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 24, 2017
    Day 326 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Should You Pay To Quit Drinking Alcohol?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/should-you-...

In this video we talk about the massive quit alcohol industry that has arisen over the past few decades… We will look at the type of environment that you are likely to be put in while in “treatment”. We’ll also look at how long you are likely to stay, how much is likely to cost, and what kind of results you can expect.

18. searcher

Every Move You Make Away From Alcohol, Good Or Bad, Makes A Difference
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 26, 2017
    Day 327 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Every Move You Make Away From Alcohol, Good Or Bad, Makes A Difference
    http://alcoholmastery.com/every-move-...

Today's video is about every positive move forward you make, creating positive flow in your life, away from alcohol and towards getting what you want...
    William James said, "Act as if what you do makes a difference because it does".
    Hope you enjoy the video :)

19. searcher

Environmental And Mental Blocks To Quitting Drinking Alcohol Permanently
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 26, 2017
    Day 328 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Environmental And Mental Blocks To Quitting Drinking Alcohol Permanently
    http://alcoholmastery.com/environment...

A huge obstacle that you will have to overcome when you quit drinking is the brainwashing that society forces on us from the day that we were born. To completely get away from alcohol drinking and thinking, we have to change the way we view alcohol… alcohol within our culture, our families, our social circles, and especially in our own thinking. One of the main areas of alcohol propaganda comes from our environment. This video tries to your mind to some of that brainwashing.

20. searcher

You Cannot Create More Time, You Can Only Create Better Choices
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 27, 2017
    Day 329 of the 365 day video challenge!
    You Cannot Create More Time, You Can Only Create Better Choices
    http://alcoholmastery.com/you-cannot-...

Victor Hugo said, "Short as life is, we make it shorter still by the careless waste of time".
    Drinking alcohol is one of the biggest wastes of money, time, relationships, and life. You have the same 24 hours as the most successfull people on the planet. How you use those 24 hours is completely up to you.
    It's your time to do it now!

21. searcher

The Practical Art Of Not Giving A F*ck When Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 28, 2017
    Day 330 of the 365 day video challenge!
    The Practical Art of Not Giving a F*ck When Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/the-practic...

Most things that happen in life are irrelevant, in the grand scheme of things… Very few things that are said or done will make a difference… Very few people in your life will make a difference…

I love that!

It means that once you figure out what really does make a difference in your life, what matters, you have something worthwhile to focus all your energies on…

Doesn't that make life a whole lot easier?

22. 90%RealMoney

90%RealMoney Midas Member Midas Member

Calling any substance abuse problem a disease is a total cop-out. The people that run those $4o,000 a month club med type re-hab centers are the ones who came up with that myth. Re-hab is a big money making business, just like the prison, and court systems. I've had my own issues with substance abuse in the past. I blame no one but myself. Now, some people need help, or more help than others kicking any habit, I'll agree to that.

23. searcher

10 Steps to Stopping Alcohol for Good
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 29, 2017
    Day 331 of the 365 day video challenge!
    10 Steps to Stopping Alcohol for Good
    http://alcoholmastery.com/10-steps-to...

Here’s a few tips on getting yourself in the right frame of mind for quitting drinking alcohol.
    1. Preparation
    2. Making your commitment
    3. 100% responsibility
    4. Conditions to make it happen
    5. Fixing your date
    6. Getting advice
    7. Take your first step
    8. Target 30 days
    9. Accepting your discomfort
    10. Finding your motivation

24. searcher

Stop Blaming Your Environment It’s Your Responsibility Take Charge
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 30, 2017
    Day 332 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Stop Blaming Your Environment. It’s Your Responsibility. Take Charge
    http://alcoholmastery.com/stop-blamin...

How is your environment responsible for your decisions? They are your decisions! Can your environment motivate you to drink? Can it encourage you to drink? Of course not… It cannot influence you, it cannot force you, make you, bully you, or dragging kicking and screaming to the pub… Drinking is your decision and your decision along… Own it! If you want to quit drinking, make the decision now… Decide! Take responsibility….100% responsibility… If you choose to carry on drinking, that's your choice, that's your decision… Own it is well!

25. searcher

4 Year Relapse After Quitting Drink-Can’t Put it Behind Me-What to Do?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on May 31, 2017
    Day 333 of the 365 day video challenge!
    4 Year Relapse After Quitting Drink-Can’t Put it Behind Me-What to Do?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/4-year-rela...

Today's video is an answer to a question about having an unfortunate prong in the road four years after quitting drinking. What to do?

26. searcher

The Magic Of Reading To Change Your Life
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 1, 2017
    Day 334 of the 365 day video challenge!
    The Magic of Reading to Change Your Life
    http://alcoholmastery.com/the-magic-o...

In today's episode I talk about why I think everyone should read to improve their lives, whether it's picking up a book, Kindle, or listening to audiobooks or video courses…

27. searcher

Failure Is An Event, Not A Person
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 2, 2017
    Day 335 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Failure Is an Event, Not a Person
    http://alcoholmastery.com/failure-is-...

Today's video is based on a quote by Zig Ziglar..."Failure is an event, not a person".
    When we fail at something, it's usually down to a skills deficit, which means it is fixable. It's not because of a defecit in you personally, only in what you know, or don't know.

28. searcher

Success In Quitting Drinking Alcohol Doesn't Happen By Chance
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 3, 2017
    Day 336 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Success in Quitting Drinking Alcohol Doesn't Happen by Chance
    http://alcoholmastery.com/success-in-...

The habit of drinking alcohol doesn't happen overnight. It takes time to build. And it doesn't happen by chance. You have to deliberately put the alcohol into your mouth over and over. If you don't do this, no alcohol habit will ever develop.
    It's the same with quitting alcohol. It takes time to break down any habit and it's not going to happen by chance. It too takes deliberate action on your part.

29. searcher

Top 5 Motivational Books For Successful Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 4, 2017
    Day 337 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Top 5 Motivational Books for Successful Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/top-5-motiv...

Today's video is about 5 of the most motivational books I've read about quitting drinking alcohol. I'm only going to talk about one book which is specifically designed for quitting drinking alcohol. The rest are about motivating yourself, setting yourself on the right track, and dealing with people and problems, or people problems, in your general life. Enjoy!

30. searcher

11 Costly Misconceptions About Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 5, 2017
    Day 338 of the 365 day video challenge!
    11 Costly Misconceptions About Quitting Drinking Alcohol
    http://alcoholmastery.com/11-costly-m...

Today's video talks about 11 of the most costly misconceptions about drinking and quitting drinking alcohol… We will take a look at disease of alcoholism and the alcoholic gene… We will look at you as an alcoholic or a victim… We will also look at that one drink, the power of the demon drink, and the higher power… Finally, we'll take a look at some misconceptions about treatment, fears, the AA, and medication for quitting drinking…

31. searcher

The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Successfully Quitting Drinking
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 6, 2017
    Day 339 of the 365 day video challenge!
    The Surprisingly Simple Truth behind Successfully Quitting Drinking
    http://alcoholmastery.com/the-surpris...

What is the simplest truth behind any quitting alcohol?

32. searcher

7 Things to do to Prevent Insecurity after You Have Quit Drinking
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 7, 2017
    Day 340 of the 365 day video challenge!
    7 Things to do to Prevent Insecurity after You Have Quit Drinking
    http://alcoholmastery.com/7-things-to...

What causes the insecurity that many of us feel once we have quit drinking alcohol?
    For some, we don't have the familiar comforter that alcohol supplies, leaving us open and seemingly vulnerable.
    For others, the gremlin voice gets a bit louder now that it cannot be suppressed.
    Wherever you find your insecurity originating, there are plenty of things you can do about it.
    Enjoy the video!

33. searcher

A Person Saying It Can’t Be Done Shouldn’t Interrupt A Person Doing It
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 8, 2017
    Day 341 of the 365 day video challenge!
    A Person Saying It Can’t Be Done Shouldn’t Interrupt A Person Doing It
    http://alcoholmastery.com/a-person-sa...

Today's video is about the people who don't want to see you succeed, for whatever reason. They just can't stand to see anyone else getting ahead. And I talk a bit about how much I have personally achieved since I stopped messing around with putting poison into myself :)

34. searcher

Giving Up Trying To Give Up Alcohol And Just Making Do
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 9, 2017
    Day 342 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Giving up Trying to Give up Alcohol and Just Making Do
    http://alcoholmastery.com/giving-up-t...

Today's video is about a comment I got, "What about when you want to just give up trying and just try (the big word here) to make do with it? Helpful hints to get back up and try, try again??"

35. searcher

Keep Learning How Your Habits Affect You & Your Limiting Beliefs
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 10, 2017
    Day 343 of the 365 day video challenge!
    Keep Learning How Your Habits Affect You & Your Limiting Beliefs
    http://alcoholmastery.com/keep-learni...

How are you affected by your habits? Only you can answer that. I recently went back to Ireland for my granddaughters christening and it uncovered some more truths about myself and my habits which I am happy to share with you.

36. searcher

7 Principles of Changing Your Alcohol Drinking Problem
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 11, 2017
    Day 344 of the 365 day video challenge!
    7 Principles of Changing Your Alcohol Drinking Problem
    http://alcoholmastery.com/7-principle...

Today’s video is about changing your alcohol drinking problem. You can also use these principles to change any bad habit in your life or set any good habit in your life. I hope you enjoy.

37. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer

IMHO, it's a moot point weather it's a disease or a genetic trait. What I'm more interested is in why we drink.

I can take it or leave it. I've gone thru a lot of such cycles in my life. Occasionally, I'll have a bad night, like fairly recently, had been fighting a rogue tooth for about a month and couldn't sleep. Usually If I have a drink at night, I fall right off, but I don't do that every night and usually sleep well. But every now than then, for some inexplicable reason, I need to go to hell.

I know why I drink, and what I'm looking for. I'm looking for oblivion. When the pain of the world becomes too much, one naturally seeks oblivion, and alcohol simulates that, at least temporarily. Here's someone who states it much better than I.

Amazon Review
    "Intoxication is neither unnatural nor deviant,"quotes Hines, prizewinning writer and regular TLS contributor, at the start of his compendious chronicle, The Pursuit of Oblivion. This pretty much sums up his objective take on drug consumption although he is far less impartial on the policies surrounding the trade and legislation of the drugs industry. This fascinating book examines the history of changing Western social attitudes to drugs, their place in our culture and what they reflect of it. Hines uncovers the strange duality of our love/hate affair with each drug du jour, fuelled by the twin forces of puritanical morality and the desire to be freed from one's conscious self. This is aptly mirrored by the fact that most drugs originated as medicines. While the burgeoning British-controlled opium trade created addicts across China, physicians at home were lauding the narcotic for its healing properties. Even minds as great as Freud's were at one time convinced of the marvellous psychological curative powers of cocaine. But of course, it has also been in the interests of scientific inquiry to further the development and production of drugs because of what they can reveal about the human psyche. And from the age of enlightenment onwards, we have as a culture been obsessed by this desire to look inwards: for as Hines rightly points out, it would be illogical to explore the outside world without also exploring the inner one. The Pursuit of Oblivion is exhaustively thorough and rich in detail but its real beauty is the energy and incisiveness of its writing. Hines is clearly riveted by every aspect of his subject and uses it to paint a colourful and captivating picture of evolving human nature in all its messy, ambivalent complexity. --Rebecca Johnson --This text refers to an alternatePaperback edition.
    THE PURSUIT OF OBLIVION by Richard Davenport-Hines

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pursuit-Oblivion-Social-History-Drugs/dp/1842125524

searcher and abeland1 like this.
  38. searcher

My Darkest Days Made Me Strong
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 12, 2017
    Day 345 of the 365 day video challenge!
    My Darkest Days Made Me Strong
    http://alcoholmastery.com/darkest-day...

The past is the past, you can only learn from it. I know it's difficult, but you should never regret your past. It can influence and intimidate your future. Prepare for your future, you need to have a plan or you're going to just spin in circles. But always live for today. It's all you've really got.

39. searcher

With or Without Alcohol - Where Will You Be In 10 Years’ Time?
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 13, 2017
    Day 346 of the 365 day video challenge!
    With or Without Alcohol - Where Will You Be In 10 Years’ Time?
    http://alcoholmastery.com/with-or-wit...

When deciding on any change in your life, quitting smoking, drinking, eating four cheese pizzas, it's all well and good looking on how much you've been impacted by these things. The change has to happen in the present. You can't do anything about the past. But, you can do everything about your future. Looking forward in your life by 10 years, gives you the opportunity to gauge the impact that your habits are going to have in your life … I hope you enjoy the video.

40. searcher

The Discomfort Of No Booze Offers The Greatest Potential For Growth
    AlcoholMasteryTV

Published on Jun 14, 2017
    Day 347 of the 365 day video challenge!
    The Discomfort of No Booze Offers the Greatest Potential for Growth
    http://alcoholmastery.com/the-discomf...

Most people don't change beyond the inevitable changes that happen TO them. They like to remain in their comfort zones for life.
    All change happens outside of that cushioned life. The best changes that you can make, the self-directed changes, mean that you have to deliberately push yourself out of your comfort zone… That's even more difficult…
    With changes that are forced on you, you have no choice… But there is a choice with self-directed change… It's very easy to run back into your shell, hiding in the comfort of your sheltered self. Stick out the discomfort. It's only on the other side of that discomfort that the truly magical things in life are found.
    I hope you enjoy this video!