1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone on here experience in stone cutting?

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Thecrensh, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

I ask because I'm watching videos about the stone cutting/placing skills of the ancient Inca/Egyptian/Mycenian etc stone workers.

Many of these videos are narrated by people who allege that the cuts that were made with crude stone tools are beyond today's skills/capabilities. I don't know anything about stonecutting, so these guys could be full of crap to further an agenda...but their findings are very compelling and have me wondering how on earth these gigantic construction projects could have been completed by people who barely could make it through the year without starving.

How can people using only copper tools cut hard granite with such precision?

Look specifically at the straight cuts beginning at about 25 mins in the video below.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SXMPolitics/status/901528206636920833/video/1

TylerDurden and Son of Gloin like this.
  2. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    Good questions. Here's a few possibilities.
    A) There were past human civilizations with technologies vastly different than ours, but highly capable of feats that we can't comprehend, or who had technologies vastly superior to ours that have been lost to time.
    B) Aliens possibly did visit our planet thousands or tens of thousands of years ago and for whatever reason built these huge monolithic structures, then left.
    C) My favorite is that, as described in the Holy Bible and The Book of Enoch, a group of angels defied God and came to Earth, mated with human females, producing offspring called Nephilim, who were giants in size and intellect. These giants built these megalithic structures for reasons unknown to us. God killed them off with a flood. The Bible says they will return to wreak havoc, in the end times.

That probably doesn't really answer your question, though.

3. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

4. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

That's usually the case with history.

spinalcracker likes this.
  5. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Interesting concept, but it doesn't explain the extraordinary precision in the stones themselves, or the precise fitting of stone to stone placement.

Mujahideen likes this.
  6. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    Thing is the mill marks are there "set in stone"so ta speak. I just don't care what ppl think or say as the cuts are there and that my friend means I did't do it and my grand paw din't do it and x-x-x din't do it but that they did it. Now who they actually is and how they achieved the deed is the conundrum.

And, I hate to type this again.... but, when I step on a dog turd my thinking is "hey it is a dog turd," not how or who dog turded my yard.

7. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    True, but that's only because you know your dog turds and exactly where they came from. But, what if you found a dog turd that was four feet long, laid down in a spiral? Wouldn't your imagination go to work wondering what kind of doggie left it there?

Howdy likes this.
  8. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
    aliens.jpg Aliens

michael59 likes this.
  9. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Aliens are always the "cop out" response. Proof? I mean a little something more than blurry photos of something with a sky background.

The so-called "myths" recorded by our ancient ancestors give us endless clues and amazingly all speak with one voice as to the who and the how. The conditions of the earth at the time of these feats was vastly different than what we live in now. However, the scientists of geology, physics, biology and cosmology will not allow these things to even be considered as they would break the lies, myths and tales of their own creation to be cast aside along with their careers and their income. Ain't gonna happen. So we must continue to muddle through with our own research until these fools pass along with their myths and lies and about the human history on earth.

In brief, the earth did expand to it's current size. At the small;er size gravity was much less of a force than it is today. This is how and why dinosaurs were able to get so huge, move about and thrive. Yes, believe it or not, there were giant humans in those days. They were stronger, rocks were lighter, monuments were built. Ask the Smithsonian to see the skeletons of the giants. They have them. You will NOT get to see them. The Smithsonian will deny their existence despite the many records of those skeletons being sent to the Smithsonian.

As the earth expanded both dinosaurs and giant humans passed on as they could no longer exist in the higher gravity that exists today.

Huge comet/meteor/interstellar bolide wiping out the dinosaurs and maybe the giants? Where is that evidence? The layer of that PGM iridium around the earth? Really? From a comet? That theory is rapidly dissolving as we speak. Cosmic energies, including electricity of currently unimaginable power and intensity charged, carved, shaped and expanded the earth to it's current size and are responsible for the iridium layer around the earth (notice that this layer is black, burnt and mixed with carbon type 60 known as fullerenes - "Bucky Balls" - do a search). Iridium, a platinum group element, and fullerenes ONLY come about from intense energy exposure, think energy levels from the sun's surface, of electricity and other cosmic energies like gamma rays and energies humans are barely aware of because we rarely encounter them because they are directed away from the earth and the solar system due to the heliosphere (magnetic field of the sun).

The technology? First, ancient Egyptians had NO such technology to make the Sphinx or the Pyramids. Same for the pyramids in China, Peru or anywhere else on earth for that matter. Neither could the tools of the time carve the Moai on Easter Island. Copper or bronze chisels? Really? Anyone who has ever worked with these metals knows that they simply are NOT strong enough to carve, cut or otherwise shape granite or basalt as we know them today. There IS evidence on the stones of machine cutting very similar to how stones are cut today.

Does this mean aliens? Not so fast there, Einstein. We have seen other examples of knowledge and technology used in the ancient world like the antikythera mechanism so why would other mechanisms be beyond the realm of human achievement? Ever seen a DaVinci lathe? Humans were never as "Caveman Og" who went and clubbed a T-rex for dinner and club Betty and drag her back to the cave to wash his animal skins. Humans, including the giants, had brains. They had ideas. They could imitate the processes they saw happening around them. Just because they didn't write it down for the benefit of some archaeologist or historian to screw up does not mean they were ignorant clods. Neither does it mean they were closer to apes than to the humans we see today.

Today's humans have been digging up bones for well over a century and have yet to find any real evidence of aliens. Lots of wild-eyed suppositions, lots of fakery and fuckery but NO real proof. No alien skeletons. No vimana, no interstellar ships, no weapons. Just nothing. Then there is the hiding and denial of human evidence. Why? I do not know. Maybe the ptb are embarrassed at their own lack of power and skill. Maybe they use those artifacts in their own sick rituals? Maybe they don't want us pee-ons to grow a brain or get any bright ideas? Whatever the answer(s) to why, we will never know while on this earth and it's really of no real importance what their motives are, we are on track to finding the answers on our own despite their long standing efforts to keep them hidden.

If it is aliens, then so be it. It will make a wholesale change of all history real and imagined. But there had better be some real, solid, indisputable proof.

10. mtnman

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ali...uPrVAhUE6CYKHSGyBb8Q_AUICigB&biw=1567&bih=758

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.17.1460...0i67k1.y6cokkv4YDw

Alton and spinalcracker like this.
  11. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

The elongation of skulls was practiced in several cultures. There is also evidence of giants (relatively...as in people 6-7ft tall which were HUGE compared to 4ft 6" natives). The whole vimana/spacesuit guys from India still do not constitute proof. Those folks had some rather vivid imaginations as evidenced by their keeping of time and figuring where they could stick their peckers.

Of course, as some theorize, the earth was not really part of this solar system but was "captured" as part of a group of planets including Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. The Dogon people were quite, and I might add, unusually knowledgeable of the Sirius system with details that weren't confirmed until decades if not centuries later. Visitors? Maybe they were on earth as earth cruised by Sirius? Who knows? Still, no definitive proof of aliens. This is not to say that aliens are outside the realm of possibility, just that there is no conclusive proof.

12. Surface

Surface Seeker Seeker

From Coast to Coast AM on show a couple of nights ago...

"In the first hour, author and filmmaker Jay Weidner talked about the mysterious Nazca mummies. Weidner reported on three additional mummies discovered in the same area as the first mummy, known as Maria. The most bizarre aspect of the mummies is the high levels of Strontium in the bodies, he noted. Weidner expressed his trepidation about visiting Peru to examine the new mummies since the Peruvian Cultural Ministry is involved and he fears arrest and imprisonment. There are a total of seven mummies, some of which have three fingers and three toes, and two others which appear to be reptilian by anatomy and skin texture. "There is a humanoid reptilian species that once walked the face of this Earth," Weidner declared. He admitted DNA testing is incomplete but some results suggest the mummies are not fully human."

http://jayweidner.com

Son of Gloin and mtnman like this.
  13. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

The further back you go the more things don't make sense. One thing to keep in mind is that our planets climate is fairly stable and has been for the last 10,000 years. Because of that it's hard for us to imagine a climate with wild fluctuations. So, pre 10k years ago things were much different. The climate was still stabilizing from the huge melting of all of the ice on the American and European continent that caused sea levels to rise 400 feet. When sea levels rose that more than likely wiped out a huge portion of civilization. Look at the city that was found 25 miles off the coast of india. A huge city like 8 miles long.
    Go back about 8-10k years and the Sahara was still green. It will be green again. Its all part of the 25980 year cycle we call the procession. Thats just what we know about the sahara. If the sahara does that what happens in other parts of the planet during these cycles? How much history is buried under the sand in the Sahara? Supposedly they have found at least 100 pyramides in Egypt, many still to be excavated. They found them with some infrared sattelite.

Lets go back to the last ice age that lasted 120,000 years. Canada didn't exist and the northern US was also under a mile of ice. They estimate that Canada was under 2-3 miles of ice. How much weight is that? If there was any civilization prior it would be erased and pulverized under the weight of all that ice.
    Prior to the ice melting the coast lines were much further out. You can see the continental shelf on google maps. That shelf line was about the line of the coastline at the time. Lets say on average we lost 40 miles of coastline everywhere. Now equate that to today. If we lost 40 miles of coastline today we would lose probably 80-90% of the planets population. (Wont happen since there isnt enough water left on the ice caps and greenland to do it. )

I'm sure there was some sort of civilization and they were fairly well advanced. We cant even figure out what the pyramides were used for let alone spend the 25 billion a pop to build them.

If you think the stone walls are amazing you should see the stone vessels they have in museums around the world. There is no explanation as to how they were made. We might be able to do them today. Not sure, they are very intricate and the only reason they have survived is because they are stone.
    One other thing to consider is that if everything just stopped tomorrow and we lost 90% of civilization along with electricity (Basically kicked back to the stone age) then all that would survive for the next 5k years is Chinas great wall, the pyramides and mount rushmore and a few other stone things. All other traces of civilization would be gone.. Well, maybe some residual radiation as well.
    Another thing is the induction zones at all of the continental plates. This also erases history. Melts it right back to magma it does. :)

China probably has a lot of evidence it isn't sharing. Supposedly there are 3 sets of earth history written by the Atlanteans and one is in Atlantis, one on the yucatan peninsula and one under the left paw of the Sphinx. Even if they are found or have been found I highly doubt that information will be released in our lifetime. It may possibly be released if another extinction event is under way. Then they have nothing to lose.

Irons, ^updated^, Thecrensh and 3 others like this.
  14. mtnman

I have seen with my own sober eyes. I was star watching one night many years ago. I saw what I thought was a satellite moving across the sky. It abruptly turned 90 degrees and continued off the horizon. Satellites do not turn. This was in the 1970's.

15. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    Can't rule out the civilization that gave humans the alphabet.
    Who else to tell us better about our origins than the Sumarians.
    Ah just throw all those cuneiform in the myth pile....

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Bottom Line:

Tempted and tried we're oft made to wonder why it should be thus all the day long

While there are others living about us, never molested, though in the wrong

When death has come and taken our loved ones, it leaves our home so lonely and dreary
    Then do we wonder why others prosper living so wicked year after year

Farther along we'll know all about it; farther along we'll understand why
    Cheer up, my brother; live in the sunshine, we'll understand it all by and by

Faithful till death said our loving master; a few more days to labor and wait
    Toils of the road will then seem as nothing as we sweep through the beautiful gates

Farther along we'll know all about it...
    Yes, we'll understand it all by and by..

Until then , as someone famous once said , "Occupy until my return."

917601 and Son of Gloin like this.
  16. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

17. Thecrensh

I have seen 2 "UFOs" in my life;

1) In approx 1980 when I was about 10, I was looking out my grandmother's suburban window (waiting for my dad to come get me) and saw a red spotlight fly above her big oak...directly overhead moving at helicopter speed. The light was about the size of a spotlight from a helicopter flying at just above tree level. Only problem, there was no rotor or engine noise...no noise of any kind actually. My grandmother's window was single pane (Florida) and you could sit in her living room and hear the footsteps of anyone walking up to the door. The light was either a very low, slow and quiet craft, or a very high, fast and gigantic craft. Not sure which. It could have been a secret military aircraft (she lived near 3 USN bases) as well.

2) In approximately 2000, I was staying at my ex Father-in-law's house up in the mountains of W North Carolina. We were watching a meteor shower, and just after sunset I saw what appeared to be a meteorite skim down out of space and take a rapid 90 degree turn and go back into space. I've always figured that was a meteorite skipping off of the atmosphere. My ex FIL used to work on radar sites up in Canada and told stories about tracking gigantic targets on radar. Targets that would maneuver in impossible fashion...

18. Thecrensh

My purpose for this thread wasn't to discuss WHO made those cuts, but rather whether the assertions that the Egyptians/Incas could NOT have made them is true. If those statements about the manner, methods, quality of stonework are accurate or not.

19. Cigarlover

Egyptians and incas could not have made them. Pyramides that were made by egyptians are crumbling and much different in construction. Some of them are even built on older foundations that is obviously different construction.

Thecrensh likes this.
  20. Thecrensh

Yeah, that's my take, but I was seeing if there is an actual stone mason on here to verify that what the people in these videos say is true.

Cigarlover likes this.
  21. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Who taught them this if they were busy just trying to survive?

This would require a high level of education. If you are farming all day how does one accomplish this?

22. michael59

20 years logging
    Let's face facts: The stone was cut with something that made the same cut over and over so the cuts were made in a reciprocal manner by a tool; even the round holes.

NOW a BIG question is as all they had was copper and bronze then how did they get all the fine relief in those cartouches? Obviously they had great reproductive capabilities in their metal works, question is where did they re-smelt these tools because they sure did not throw them away so there should be close to where they were using said tools some pits.

But all in all I am going with Aliens.

Mujahideen and Son of Gloin like this.
  23. spinalcracker

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    I'm not a stone mason.
    But I am a retired Cement Mason out of Local 690 Tulsa Oklahoma and I've worked around stone masons on and off.
    I've also cut a million miles of control joints in hardened concrete.
    Most of the time we used diamond blades with water.
    After so many cuts the blades were sent back to the manufacture to be rebuilt.
    The newer the blade the cleaner the cut.
    First sign of a worn blade was rocks chipping out which left a booger in the floor which wasn't acceptable on some jobs.
    I said all that to say this , it was the Annunaki who are responsible for cutting those stones.
    It's not nice that we don't get to say WHO we think cut those stones.
    It wasn't me Shaggy!.....

24. Thecrensh

The precision straight lines and the smooth holes really are the quandaries for me. You can tell some stones were chipped away with some sort of tool...it's the ones that have a smooth surface that really get my goat.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  25. Cigarlover

Google stone vessels in egypt and look at the images. Some of them make the stone walls look easy.
    And then we have this thing.
    trilobed.jpg

spinalcracker and michael59 like this.
  26. Thecrensh

And just what is that thing?

Son of Gloin likes this.
  27. Cigarlover

No one knows. Its in the Cairo museum though

Thecrensh likes this.
  28. michael59

20 years logging
    oh, oh ughoh wow it is a 4,ooo year old figeit spinner, er what ever them things are the kids are spinning these days.

Cigarlover likes this.
  29. Cigarlover

Its one of those things that leaves ya scratching your head for sure. That thing is made out of stone. I'd like to hand these Egyptologists a chunk of stone and a copper chisle and ask them to show me how that was done.

Thecrensh likes this.
  30. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Genesis 6:4

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the...."

Why do so many discredit and dismiss the Bible? Sumerians, Babylonians, Anaiki, all mention Nephillim.
    More time spent trying to prove Biblical text and less time attacking Biblical truth would answer far more questions modern man has about human history and the universe than " science tales", which change every day.

31. Cigarlover

Probably because there is so little info out there on the nephillim.

32. mtnman

This is very confusing, as of Cain killing Abel there are four people in the world Adam, Eve, Cain and Able. Now Cain kills Able and is kicked out of the Garden and he's marked so that no one he meets shall kill him. I thought there were only three people now. Then Cain takes a wife from Nod, more people. The God of the Bible is an Alien.
    Genesis 4:12-17
    12When you till the ground, it shall not from now on yield to you her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shall you be in the earth. 13And Cain said to the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. 14Behold, you have driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from your face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that finds me shall slay me. 15And the LORD said to him, Therefore whoever slays Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
    16And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelled in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
    17And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bore Enoch

Cigarlover likes this.
  33. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Actually, there's more than you might think. Many ancient cultures left mythological records regarding beings who were extraordinarily powerful, incredibly intelligent and often very large, who also possessed powers and abilities far surpassing human beings. There were often super beings, or gods, who often mated with human females, who begat demi-gods with lesser powers, but still were more than human. These kind of myths were pervasive all throughout the world. They all tell similar stories about beings similar in nature. Curious, isn't it?

34. 917601

"The God of the Bible is an Alien", depends on your understanding of Alien. Jesus himself said my father is not of this world,.....an understatement, God, who created the heavens and earth certainly could be called an alien....I prefer older times when he was called " Our Creator"......and give thanks knowing he takes care of those on this planet that desire to know him, and knows every single hair of every single " created" being.
    The " created" simply can not and never will - understand the " Creator"....back to your " question", re reading may make some sense, "There were Giants in the Earth in those days"- Nephillim, not of the human race, but also "created" beings. Is it possible Cain's wife was Nephillim offspring from Nod? If Nephillim could mate with human females, it would seem likely the tainted offspring could reproduce with humans. No idea. Keys to understanding is keeping an open mind and first and foremost believing in the written word to connect the dots.

Nod: "
    Josephus wrote in Antiquities of the Jews (c. AD 93) that Cain continued his wickedness in Nod: resorting to violence and robbery; establishing weights and measures; transforming human culture from innocence into craftiness and deceit; establishing property lines; and building a fortified city.[6][7]

Nod is said to be outside of the presence or face of God. Origen defined Nod as the land of trembling and wrote that it symbolized the condition of all who forsake God.[8] Early commentators treated it as the opposite of Eden (worse still than the land of exile for the rest of humanity). In the English tradition Nod was sometimes described as a desert inhabited only by ferocious beasts or monsters. Others interpreted Nod as dark or even underground—away from the face of God.[9]

Augustine described unconverted Jews as dwellers in the land of Nod, which he defined as commotion and "carnal disquietude".[10]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Son of Gloin and Cigarlover like this.
  35. spinalcracker

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    One of these days I will read The Epic of Gilgamesh....
    Some scholars believe this is Enkidu the wild man of Ur...dude is holding his pet lion...

image.jpg

Son of Gloin, Cigarlover and 917601 like this.
  36. 917601

Which explains quite well reasons for the Great Flood, which is also recorded by many ancient civilizations.

Thecrensh and Son of Gloin like this.
  37. 917601

Why wait?

Son of Gloin and spinalcracker like this.
  38. 917601

image.jpeg
    As a past collector of sea salvaged cannon and artifacts, I can say iron and steel does not last long in the environment. Science and historians teach all about the Copper age, the Bronze Age, etc.....however, who is to say tempered steel was not " discovered" way back when? ....it would have rusted to nothing, leaving only what man can find today, copper, bronze, brass.

"The Ancient Egyptians Had Iron Because They Harvested Fallen Meteors
    Modern chemical analysis confirms that ancient Egyptians used iron from meteorites...."

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...cause-they-harvested-fallen-meteors-86153874/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Son of Gloin and Cigarlover like this.
  39. Cigarlover

The Ancient egyptians also have a 35,000 year history of the Pharohs. Anything more than 5k years old is gone as you said.

40. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

The monument is true to scale. " there were giants on the earth" - Gen 6:4

Son of Gloin likes this.