1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone on here experience in stone cutting?

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Thecrensh, Aug 27, 2017.

1. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

image.jpeg
    German article 2006, very interesting. Replace granite stone " cutting" with " splitting", easy peasy.

https://www.cheops-pyramide.ch/khufu-pyramid/stone-cutting.html

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Son of Gloin and Cigarlover like this.
  2. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

I know this is off topic but if there is one question I would love to have the answer to before I die, it would be, what were the pyramids really used for?

3. Cigarlover

I'll have to spend some time there and check that out. 6700 workers may be right but I highly doubt it could be done by hand in 20 years. I also think it was not built by Khufu and it probably much older.
    Egyptians left hyroglyphs of every aspect of their lives. Farming, hunting, fornicating, warring, everything. Everything except any information on the pyramids. LOL. Probably the most incredible structure ever built by humans and not a word about it..

Thecrensh and Son of Gloin like this.
  4. 917601

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Some will ask what ours ( monuments) were used for in 2,000 years,....reflecting ponds, obelisk, etc....At least their's had real bodies in them....ever been to Lenin's tomb in Red Square?....I still think it is a wax museum piece.

Cigarlover likes this.
  5. Cigarlover

There were a couple Pharohs found in them I think but the major ones didnt have anyone in them. Most of the pharohs they have found so far are in very elaborate tombs in the valley of the kinds.

6. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
    Fwiw

I've seen large Slabs cut using diamond encrusted steel wire. The mechanism was very much like a band saw.

Hystckndle and Cigarlover like this.
  7. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
  8. 917601

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Read the article. Plenty of pictures as it was done ( proven) with Egyptian tools that were found. The bigger question has always remained, when did they " discover" iron? The strange part is modern Egyptian historians always knew the Builders possessed iron- the western " historians" claiming not, i.e., Bronze Age, Iron Age, western doctrine spoils their thinking.

"To cut stone in such a way, a man sits on the stone block and three men hit the iron chisel in turns with sledgehammers. After each blow the chisel is turned by an eighth, until the hole is 10 to 15cm deep. A series of these holes is driven along a line which is determined by the quarry master. Now wrought iron wedges are put into all the holes of the line (= splitting holes). They are well lubricated and then driven into the rock between two metal shims (or feathers - narrow at the top and flaring outward so that you can grip them). Each wedge is pounded once, moving down the line in consecutive order. When the wedges are all driven in deep enough, the granite is forced apart, breaks and starts to split along the line of holes. This break - along the so called cleavage plane - is very even and the stone has to be worked only very little to achieve a smooth surface. Sledgehammers used for this kind of work have a special shaft which is more elastic, so it puts less strain on the workers."

Son of Gloin likes this.
  9. 917601

Son of Gloin likes this.
  10. Uncle

Uncle Gold Member Gold Chaser

Hystckndle, Bigjon, 917601 and 3 others like this.
  11. mtnman

12. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    Good questions. I suspect that there was at least one ancient civilization that was global, basically. As such, their technology and culture also spanned the globe. It makes sense. Similar architecture, similar mythologies, etc. Then, there could have been a global catastrophic event that destroyed that civilization and their technology and culture went with it. Mythology says so, the Bible says so and Velikovsky brought tons of evidence to bear to support that viewpoint. Of course, modern "science" disagrees. They know it all and are never wrong. (sarc!)

917601 and Cigarlover like this.
  13. Cigarlover

I've also seen demonstrations in one Egyption video where they make a fire along a fault line then pour water on it and its easier to crack. Maybe they had a similar technique to polish the stones.
    Gobekli Tepe proves there was a civilization prior to the flood. Then we can look at the Greek and Roman stone work to start to get a sense of what was involved in creating all this stone work.
    We tend to look at things with todays eyes and as we look around at all the lazy jobs we have created like pushing paper, and its hard to imagine anyone cutting stone or chipping away at stone for 10-12 hours a day.

Those stone walls in Cusco are very cool Also virtually earthquake proof. Whoever built them certainly wasn't stupid.

Main stream scientists may be correct about humans 10,000 years ago. After the great flood we may have gone back to hunter gatherers. The great flood ended civilization as it once was IMO.

Thecrensh, Uncle and Son of Gloin like this.
  14. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Yeah, we broke a few stones.

[​IMG]

Who hasn't? :judge

Cigarlover likes this.
  15. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    I am going with the Egyptians did not build the Pyramids. I am going with the Pyramids were actual power points for static discharge from the sun aka lightning rods. I am going with the Sahara Desert used to be a savanna and it was then the Pyramids were constructed. I am going with an I just don't really know so do not listen to me because I was not there.

Now as for the Cain and Abel throwdown I want to know why Abel was not dug up and re-buried closer to home, properly? "His blood cried up from the ground? Sounds like a job for the Winchesters. Sorry just had too.

Ok all funnies aside if one knows about vendetta even just a little bit you can see it all over the Cain and Abel chronical. Cain kills the Abel and as such his life is required, Cain's life that is. To spare his life he must be cast out away from those who bear the same totem. He would have to leave and find a wife anyway away from his land or those that are marked with the same totem. So as you can see there are people who bear two totems on their bodies running around. So who was this God and why was he out of his garden of Eden? I say not the same God at all but the God/ruler of the place where Cain and the decedent Abel lived he bore the same totem as they. So in an act of kindness he slaps a new totem on Cain and sends him off, hell maybe slapped the insignia of the UN on him IDK. So of course Cain is going to get questioned about his marks and the question will be "Where is your wife"; "Where were you born."; "Why do you have so many marks." These are questions he cannot answer or he will be returned so he must move on and hence because he cannot farm he can have no place to rest.

I am thinking this Cain and Abel legend comes from way before mitigating laws such as from Hammurabi were ever set to stone or Idols/Monuments just due to the fact that it follows vendetta in form.

But then THAT is just me.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  16. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    That was interesting. What the hell's a totem?

17. RealJack

RealJack Gold Member Gold Chaser

Wow. This seems kinda crazy, but I saw the same thing back in the 70's sitting out on my pier one night in central Florida. A satellite tracking across the sky that
    abruptly turned 90 degrees and continued off out of view. You weren't in central Florida back then, were you?

18. utsteve

utsteve New Member Seeker

The more of Velikovsky's books I read, the more he makes sense. Are there any others who are willing to discuss Velikovsky's evidence?

Hystckndle and Cigarlover like this.
  19. utsteve

utsteve New Member Seeker

Cigarlover, sounds like you have been reading Graham Hancock. He has some great info in his books!

20. mtnman

No I was in Kentucky but the sky is HUGE.

21. Cigarlover

Graham is ok. Not a huge fan of his but he is right about somethings for sure. I really like the work that John Anthony West has done. Sadly he is battling cancer right now.. I knew I should have done his tour last year.

Uncle likes this.
  22. Cigarlover

He's the one who theorized Venus was a recent addition to our solar system correct? Supposedly birthed from one of the gas giants or something like that? Yes all his stuff does seem to be accurate and he has scientists baffled in many cases.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  23. 917601

image.jpeg Some more Neolithic ( old, very old) drilled holes in hard axe head rock, with wood and sand. 10 hours to drill through a thick axe head with elder wood and sand. Egyptians had iron, obsidian, meteorites and had a lot of labor, time and sand. Hole drilling limestone and granite with sand has been proven, long before the Egyptians....one look at the Model A Ford and today's automobile prove how fast humans can advance.

"Hole boring machine, Neolithic.

This machine requires a hollow wooden tube, which is supplied by the Elder or Elderberry (Sambucus nigra ), which is a small tree which grows only a few metres tall and tends to grow in poor quality soil. The branches of the elder are hollow, filled with pith which is easily removed.

To make an axe, people either ground it to shape, or knapped the stone. But to attach the handle, although other methods were available, ideally they preferred to drill a hole. Thanks to the surviving traces of work on equipment and intermediate goods and by practical tests of experimental archeology, we can now reconstruct the technology of the stone drill.

A hollow elder wand was rotated by pulling a bow back and forth. When sand is added between the soft wooden tube and the stone, it adds friction to the drilling. In the middle of the drill hole a small cylinder forms, which falls out at the end when the hole is bored completely through the stone. Such cores have been found in Neolithic settlements. Thus, the technique of drilling with a hollow wand has been established. It remains uncertain, however, exactly what the drilling device looked like. The drill reconstructed here, shows only one way in which the drilling of the stone could have been performed.

The wooden beam which is located by the fork shown, has a stone on the far end out of frame which provides weight to bear on the rotating rod. Put some sand between the hollow rod and the rock to be drilled. Take the the bow in one hand and pull lightly on it to tighten the cord, then move the bow back and forth slowly. The elder wand rotates and rubs the sand against the stone surface.

Photo: Don Hitchcock 2008
    Source and text: Badisches Landesmuseum Karlsruhe Germany"

24. mtnman

That shows that a hole can be drilled but not a perfect hole larger than a beer can in diameter. Any hole drilled with a stick will look like a hole drilled with a stick.

25. michael59

20 years logging
    Totem, not to be confused with Totem pole. It is a mark or something worn around or on the body, it could be clothing. All it signifies is what clan/town you belong to or came from. Back in the day/s of no written statutes when one wanted to engage in marriage you either contracted with the owner of the girl which usually was the father or you formed a war party and did a raid. One thing that was not supposed to happen is people of the same totem getting hitched up as inter breading was frowned upon, so you looked for your wife outside of your chaste/town. IF you did the contract then the new wifie would be tat-ted with her new totem showing she belonged to a new place/town. Now as per murder;

Murder happens, murder has always been wrong and punishable by death. When the two people were from the same place then the murder-er beat feet and was perused if not that then a waiting game insued and if the murder-er showed back up then it was dealt with at that time. Sticky business vendetta is and actually I think that dueling is a form of vendetta, though I can't prove it.

So????totem? Just look at Egypt and the use of jackals heads on human bodies. A jackal is the totem, this jackal is the town of which the man came from, man or woman it is still the same. When two towns/cities combined a new totem was construed that complemented both of them.

Hystckndle, Uncle and Son of Gloin like this.
  26. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Thank you. Very interesting. That's some history I've never heard before.

27. michael59

20 years logging
    read...?...Man's religions by North. I think it was North hell IDK but I know it was the fifth edition. That book will explain a lot and it just deals with religion.

The best part is the beginning through Egypt then it gets a little dry. Yeah on the Totems though he explains how the Egyptians utilized them which is not how mime street historians do now.

Hystckndle likes this.
  28. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

Yeah...this has always made me wonder. Adam and Eve...first humans...have kids...their kids move away and marry. Where did these other people come from?!?!? It's kinda confusing when you really dig into the bible...

29. Surface

Surface Seeker Seeker

30. 917601

Actually, the more you dig into the Bible the clearer it gets. Mtmman and I covered this in a recent post.

Gen 6:4
    "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, .."

Cain murdered and went to the land of Nod, ( the land of beasts and wild animals- Neanderthals?) found a wife in the land of Nod, maybe a Nephillim offspring? Maybe some form of Neanderthal ?...and what about the other mentioned children-Seth for one?I tend to steer with Nephillim offspring as that is accepted by many for the reason of the Great Flood, the human race became so evil and genes so polluted, at a time when Cain dwelled in Nod....and Seth? Don't forget about him, "According to Genesis, Seth was born when Adam was 130 years old "a son in his likeness and image." The genealogy is repeated at 1 Chronicles 1:1–3. Genesis 5:4–5 states that Adam fathered "sons and daughters" before his death, aged 930 years. According to the Bible, Seth lived to the age of 912...."

Dig further from experts in the field. An excerpt that offers more " theories", and fills in some holes.

"One can actually answer this question with just a little Bible knowledge. Genesis 5:4 tells us that Adam and Eve "begat sons and daughters." Josephus, the Jewish historian, states that "The number of Adam's children, as says the old tradition, was thirty-three sons and twenty-three daughters." The point, of course, is that Adam and Eve did have many children.

Therefore, brothers must have married sisters at the beginning. Remember that the law against close intermarriage was not given until the time of Moses—e.g. "none of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him" (Leviticus 18:6). There was nothing wrong with brother and sister marriages, originally. If you think about it, that is the only way to populate the world, starting with only one pair. Notice that Abraham married his half sister with no condemnation from God, even though this was later forbidden.

Also, as Adam and Eve were created perfect, their genes would have been perfect. As the curse God placed upon creation started to operate only after they sinned, their descendants would not have had many mistakes in their genes. These mistakes (harmful mutations) add up only after a long period of time.

So brothers and sisters (Adam and Eve's children) could have married and not had the problems of deformities in their offspring as might well happen today, if such close relatives married and had children. This is because today humans have lots of mistakes—because of the curse—in their genes. This may cause problems when matching pairs are inherited from both parents, as is much more likely with close intermarriage.

Some people, though, say that there must have been people other than Adam and Eve, because Cain went to the land of Nod and found his wife. First of all, the Scriptures quoted above make it obvious that there was only one man and one woman from whom came all other human beings.

Secondly, the Scripture says that Cain went to the Land of Nod and "knew" (had sexual relations with) his wife. John Calvin, in his commentary on Genesis, and most other conservative expositors, make the point that Cain was married before he went to the land of Nod.

Since men and women lived to be hundreds of years old in the primeval world, populations grew rapidly, and Cain had plenty of time to marry a sister (or possibly a niece), move to Nod, and build a city for his own descendants and others."

http://www.icr.org/article/cains-wife-it-really-does-matter/

Start digging deeper.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Uncle and Cigarlover like this.
  31. keef

Retired Hoser
    ahhhhhhhh. In my personal quest to break the stone cutting habit I ran across this ancient artifact:

Year ONE

Guys will be guys. The command was, "Be fruitful and MULTIPLY." No?​

michael59 and Cigarlover like this.
  32. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Navigation — remember they used to be covered with white limestone.

BF

33. Thecrensh

This has turned out to be a very interesting thread...

Glasgow and Hystckndle like this.
  34. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    They were generators of electricity using chemicals.

35. mtnman

36. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Pool of liquid mercury = reflecting mirror

BF

37. 917601

38. Thecrensh

I've seen that before...but it does not explain the polished cuts in granite and other hard stone that can't be replicated today without a diamond tipped saw. Some cuts cannot be replicated today.

39. mtnman

Where did the ancient people get the nice straight cut lumber. They didn't have a saw...

Glasgow likes this.
  40. keef

Retired Hoser
    My favorite building in Minneapolis is the Hennepin County Courthouse located on the southend of the downtown Gov Center.

[​IMG]

Constructed in 1889 of hewn granite {no two stones exactly alike/many curves and arches} for a total cost of $3,550,000 {real money/gold} The 15 bell clock tower is slightly bigger than Big Ben and plays 15 huge bells regularly. Standing in front of it is like traveling back to the middle ages and all the other buildings surrounding it suddenly seem like children's erector sets.

I have found myself staring at the carefully crafted stonework for longer than I care to admit and realize we haven't been making as much progress in civilization as we thought.

Cigarlover talks about 'the ideal community'. I think we need to trash all of current civilization and redo a sane world, void of empty fluff and noise and replaced with substance. There is plenty in history for us to learn from. {good, bad and the ugly}

{After we kill all the elites and restore real money, of course} :don't know:

Cigarlover and spinalcracker like this.