1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

is colloidal silver safe for infants?

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by Avalon, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Avalon

Avalon Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon Platinum Bling

healthcare
    The Grand Daughter is starting with the serial ear infections. I want to head the next one off. I did some research and there was various opinions about an infant using colloidal silver.

2. argentos

argentos Former Boat Owner Gold Chaser

Retired
    Those ear problems are ghastly. Sorry I cannot help but {{{{{Grand Daughter}}}}}.

3. InsertUserNameHere

InsertUserNameHere Seeker Seeker

a homeopath told me of a solution to ear infections once but I forget what it was. Find a good homeopath in your area, they are worth it. No reason why colloidal silver wouldn't be safe for an infant, but good colloidal silver is hard to come by if you are not making it yourself. I'd try a drop of H2O2 in each ear too. Better ask a pro though

4. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    The concern I'd have was that the infant is still developing.

Not sure what silver would do to them?

5. dacrunch

dacrunch Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

uh, i might not go with colloidal on infants, but wouldn't hesitate to feed them with a silver spoon...

:bandit:

6. Avalon

Avalon Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon Platinum Bling

healthcare
    I actually ran across info on feeding them from a silver spoon. It was pretty interesting. I did a lot of reading. Some say tiny amount of a good quality colloidal silver is safe for infants. What one needs to consider is just how safe the alternative of a strong antibiotic like Cephalexin is. One thing I did run across many times was the suggestion to put the silver down the affected ear canal. Even though its a middle ear infection it is supposed to absorb in and help. Im going to repost this on general and see if any parents have conquered these serial ear infection with antibiotics and tubes.

7. NotTheOne

NotTheOne Seeker Seeker

My ENT told me to mix this. 1 part white vinegar, 1 part rubbing alcohol. Put in a bottle and keep in a dark place. Put 1-2 drops in the ear if you feel an infection coming on. Vinegar kills the germ, alcohol evaporates the solution in the ear. I've used it for years. Your results may vary.

But I'm interested if anyone finds info about colloidal silver in the ear, sinus, etc. No hijack intended.

8. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Used 14 PPM on my daughters ear infections as an infant (3-5), did so when doctors medications did not work or were to slow to heal (and my wifes objection to anti-biotics at that age- Russian children given loads of anti-biotics in the 70"s detroyed their teeth and other body parts-which is one reason why the 40 year Russian generation has many medical and dental problems)).As a footnote, newborn infants have silver put into their eyes at bith, no problem as a 14ppm solution is very very low topical doseage. Fill ear canal up with solution while laying down, sit up let drain, warming solution helps the situation, I did twice a day.Should be gone in 5 days.

9. argentos

argentos Former Boat Owner Gold Chaser

Retired
  10. RichG

RichG GIM Radio Host Platinum Bling

I would have no reservations at all. :smokin: