1. Snow and cold in the North as winter returns
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have a great weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 2/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1258.30-- UP 19.20 Silver $18.33-- UP 30 Oil $53.99-- UP 21 USD $101.09 -- UP 14 tics Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1309.66 (1), SAE $21.82 (20)

JM Bullion Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Scorpio, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Please Rate This Dealer

1. * 1 Star

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. ** 2 Star

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. *** 3 Star

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. **** 4 Star

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. ***** 5 Star

41 vote(s)
    63.1%
  1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

JM Bullion Dealer Rating

Please post your comments regarding JM Bullion here in this thread.

You may rate the dealer to your satisfaction level in the course of your business.

Please understand that this is a informational content thread for the sole purpose of passing information and experiences regarding a specific PM dealer to other members.

GIM does not endorse or disapprove of any member in this list of threads. GIM2 is not responsible for any disputes, resolutions, or comments made by the members.

A member may reply to the thread and post comments accordingly.

No new threads will be added except by the moderators.

You may also rate the dealer using the vote button, and the votes will be public, 1-5 stars, one being the lowest, and 5 being the highest rating.

2. stonedywankanobe

stonedywankanobe Gold Member Gold Chaser

Ive went with these folks a few times. Great customer service.
    Just wish they had the option of using paypal as i had to send a check.
    Fifteen days later i got my ag. :cry_smile:
    Wont b using agin though as i found a place with good price, free shippin, and great customer support,
    along with the ability to use cc and git my metal in 5 days.

3. ny86yanks

ny86yanks Seeker Seeker

just visited their site.

some of the best prices and cheapest shipping (8.95 only)

get an A in my book provided they have things in stock

ME Co. likes this.
  4. FreeMan

FreeMan Seeker Seeker

Figured I'd leave a review. Just received an order from JM Bullion today. Ordered 4/3, check received 4/9, 10 days for check to clear, entered for shipping on 4/23, actually shipped 4/24, received 4/26. Prices were cheapest or close to it when I ordered, everything occurred within the stated terms of their service, all perfectly acceptable to me. Packaging was good, tubes were bubbled wrapped and loose coins were bubble wrapped inside of small sealed bags, everything was packed reasonably tight so it wasn't damaged. I would (will) use them again.

5. J_Kinder

J_Kinder New Member

Oilfield
    I have ordered from them 6 times now but the last 2 have been delayed. The most recent I can understand because the order was placed on 4/13, right before the biggest part of the price drop however the other order is about 6 weeks old, payment went through and still no estimated shipping time. I have spoken with them a few times and they really cant even tell me that they will prioritize my old order before other more recent ones. Anyway, the order was for what I consider very common stuff but then again their selection doesnt really reach to the rarity. Would have rated them a 5 before for price and ease of transaction however now I am starting to bump that rating lower. And BTW, YES I do understand that many places have delays right now. Im just giving a little feedback on an old order that was well before any "shortages" and apparently is not getting much attention.

6. TiKi

TiKi Silver Member Silver Miner

These people are slower than Provident. Been waiting more than a month. I'll just wait for a local coin show to swing around for my next buy. The wait times these dealers are having for "in stock" stuff is ridiculous.

7. JM Bullion Representative

JM Bullion Representative Midas Member Midas Member

Hi Tiki.

Please let us know your order number and we will have an update for you. We have made an ongoing effort to ensure delays are as clear as possible ahead of time. With that said, I would like to take a look at your order in particular and ensure we are within posted delays, and regardless, ensure it gets on its way to you. We are fairly well caught up at this point in terms of posted timeframes; I would like to take care of yours right away.

8. SCFY

SCFY Seeker Seeker

I made a purchase on june 30th, and Received my order in less then 3 days and I am extremely happy with JMbullion, I live in Philly and JM is based in Lancaster PA. not far from me. So maybe I should not be surprised at the speed for processing my order. The shipping time was outstanding. I made a small order to test them out, only 3 American Eagles. I have to say I am Impressed and will be coming back to buy more. I wish they had more coupon codes though, love the cheap shipping that way :banana:

9. Doc777

Doc777 New Member

I made a purchase with JM Bullion. After 3 weeks of waiting I wanted to cancel and buy from my old dealer who is fast. They said I had to wait 30 more days. After another wait, they kept pushing the delivery date further away. Now I am getting upset and worried. I tried to cancel after the 30 day period but they said I couldn't. Next thing I know my order is shipped out! There is a delay as everyone is experiencing but I didn't like the form letter I received. I will not give them a poor rating, neutral perhaps. Tulving on the other hand was a bear to work with. After two months I was freaking out not knowing if they were near bankruptcy like they did years ago. They claimed to have my items in stock for two months but on the 9th week, they didnt! Arrrgh!!!:afraid: I finally agreed to a different item. I asked to have the premium difference refunded, they said what difference, they are the same. Hmm, my receipt says otherwise. I might still try to press the issue but no, I will never do business with them again. Nothing but lies and false advertising. I checked their stock everyday. "Large Quantity". They are floating their trades.

gringott likes this.
  10. TiKi

3 strikes with these people for me. The last order I got was for a roll of eagles. The mailman had the package and I could hear the chiming of coins hitting each other. Smart people at JM didn't tape the tube shut . Good thing only about 7 managed to wiggle themselves out. It'll be a long time before I use them again.

Ragnarok and gringott like this.
  11. KnurledNut

KnurledNut Seeker Seeker

Ordered on 7/16, received today 7/22.

Received 4 Heraeus rounds in flips, wrapped in the paper invoice in a bubble mailer. Arrived in good condition, no clanking.

Will order from them again if the price is right.

12. metier

metier New Member

Ordered Nov 15th, check sent Nov 16th. I have been checking the website waiting for JM to update my order to say they had received my check. Site was not updated so started calling every other day starting the 22nd to see if they had received my check was told no check wasn't received and to call back the next day for update. Fast forward to today the 26th call in again and still hadn't received my check so I was transferred to accounting. Once I talked with accounting they checked and they did receive the check on the 21st and did not know why it wasn't processed. My order is now showing that the check was received. So with the thanksgiving holiday I'm assuming it will be a couple more weeks for the check to clear and for my package to be delivered. Which will make it about a month to receive my order.

So only 3 stars from me. Their pricing is very good and shipping charges are very good but order handling is poor. Not sure if will order from them again. Will update once I receive my order.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  13. metier

metier New Member

Update December 1st.
    After checking my bank account my check cleared on the 21st of November, yet I have not received any shipping information from them. Mind you this was not a small order, it was enough to get their free shipping. I was out of town, so was not able to check my banking information to see if my check had cleared till today. So I'm not sure what kind of games they are playing or if it actually just fell through the cracks, kind of doubt that.

14. metier

metier New Member

Update December 3rd.
    Order has shipped. So over all pretty good. Part of the problem was I didn't know that it can take up to 5 days after the check clears to ship. I didn't see this policy on the website, you need to hover your mouse over the availability in stock message to see this policy. Once you do this you get a popup that says

This product is in stock and ready for shipping. Expect shipment within five business days of cleared payment.

So order on Friday the 15th with 2 day holiday for thanksgiving it shipped on the 3rd. 10 business days from order to shipping I would say pretty good. So I change my rating to 4 stars, they lost 1 star since the site never updated that they received my check until I talked to accounting.

I will give them some more business if the price is right.

15. JMBullionRep

JMBullionRep Guest

Thank you for posting your follow-up (as well as your patience), and I am glad to hear your order worked out well. The Thanksgiving holiday period as well as the huge demand lately set us back a bit, but our vault and customer service teams are working diligently to get caught up. For any questions on open orders, please feel free to email me directly at robert@jmbullion.com so I can look into your orders and get them out ASAP.

Thanks,

JM Bullion

16. 08civicSI

08civicSI New Member

Still waiting on 3 orders, email sent. Its been about 3 weeks since placement of 3 orders. PLEASE follow up on them. I live in less than 40 mins from your HQ, you think you could get packages out to your close clients quickly. Hoping to get my items this week, because my company shuts down for the holidays and there will be no one here to accept any mail. Had I known it could take up to a month, I would of most likely stuck with APMEX but was looking for a company to do around $7500 per month in orders, and like to support local companies. Not looking great so far. The "Live agent chat" is never available, during regular EST business hours, and I can never get anyone on the phone.

-Al

17. 08civicSI

08civicSI New Member

Now I just got an email saying my order was shipped, and it was DELIVERED on 12/12/13. Thats IMPOSSIBLE, as our receptionist is always at our front desk to sign (they even have to buzz you to let you in the building). The mail is dropped off at noon-1pm ONLY. This is saying it was delivered by UPS, then USPS at 4:30pm. Thats impossible.

Something is REALLY off here. I am getting the runaround, and wondering if I have to take it to the next step. I even called them that week (Friday) and they said it had not been pulled yet. How does something go from not being pulled, to already shipped and delivered to your doorstep within 1 day? I really wish someone at JM would pick up the dang phone, or return my inquiries. They can take it up with the post office, as anything this dollar amount should require a signature, just like APMEX does. We are talking over $7500..........

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  18. TiKi

What PM dealer do you work for?

19. 08civicSI

08civicSI New Member

Me? I am no PM dealer. I work for an Insurance Agency... I am investing my own personal money. Why would you ask me that question?

20. 08civicSI

08civicSI New Member

Just got off the phone with UPS. Apparently, JM has UPS pick up and mail packages, THEN they give them USPS. WHERE IS A SIGNATURE for any of that transaction? I have NEVER heard of anything so backwards in my life. Where is my insurance? Where is my signature confirmation? No where on my order does it say it will be shipped by two different carriers.

The post office has had the package, saying it was delivered on the 12th, it is now the 16th. And those order status emails, did not indicate the package was shipping at ALL, until funny enough I made my first initial post here in the dealer review section today because of the problems I have had.

No email or update on my "account status" section of JM made any changes, and I called at least 3 times and spoke with someone there. They kept telling me the order was in the process of clearing, and NOW I get emails saying the order already shipped and should of been delivered? COME ON. Something does not feel right here, at all. Any shipper, be it FedEx, USPS, UPS or DHL, has to buzz in to get into the building, and if someone gets a package, they get called down to sign for it. These post guys run like clockwork, and the mail is ALWAYS dropped off from noon-1pm. I have not missed a day of work in over 3 months. I want to know where the heck is my purchase, AND WHO SIGNED FOR IT ANYWHERE along the line? I tried calling JM several times today, but of course, I can never get anyone on the phone. (Dont believe me? Try for yourself). I want this resolved right away. We are talking a semi-large sum of money here.

21. 08civicSI

08civicSI New Member

Spoke on the phone with Robert, everything is looking better now. I was told my metals would arrive Friday, and that some how the initial tracking # was a recycled tracking # (Which scared the hell out of me, with the item saying it was delivered).

Looking forward to revising my previous posts, but its hard to not get antsy when you have a good chunk of money floating around, with a company that you have not done business with yet. I hope from here out, everything goes smooth and my items arrive by Friday as indicated.

Pleasure speaking with you Robert. I hope we can put this behind us, and I can continue to do business with you. As indicated, I am serious about spending around $7-10k per month. I would rather invest in PM's, then keep my money in the bank.

Robert - Thank you again.
    -Al

gold4278 likes this.
  22. 08civicSI

08civicSI New Member

Robert - metals came in today as the website/tracking displayed. Much appreciated. Good communication once we started to communicate, I hope you guys have a good holiday. I see its free shipping day, and I am tempted :)

gold4278 likes this.
  23. TiKi

Ordered some generics and a $10 bag of junk.

Generics were well packed and in nice shape.

$10 FV were all quarters. 9 slicks, 4 of those 9 were dateless.

24. J_Kinder

J_Kinder New Member

Oilfield
    Ordered from them again (generic silver rounds). Delivery was much faster than the last few times.

Pro: Price
    Neutral: Delivery time - not blazing fast but not slow either
    Neg: None

Ill likely order from them again as this transaction was overall very smooth (as were the majority of my previous ones).

25. 08civicSI

08civicSI New Member

Like the poster above, I ordered a pamp gold and semi-generic silver, and service and delivery were much faster this time around.

I think they may have had a lot of orders when I had my issues, and because I placed so many, so quick *3 in like 4 days* I was being a little antsy.

Overall, I will absolutely be doing business with them and supporting a local company. Thanks again JMB, Robert and staff.

26. gold4278

gold4278 Silver Member Silver Miner

Contact Robert at robert@jmbullion.com as it says above in the thread. I e-mailed him before and he responded promptly and honestly. If you are in an extreme rush to receive items, then JM is not the way to go.

27. gold4278

gold4278 Silver Member Silver Miner

Sometimes it does take a few more days to ship. They print out a shipping label with a tracking number, but it still takes times for them to ship out I think. Both me and 08civicSI had similar issues.

28. JMBullionRep

JMBullionRep Guest

Hi all,

I wanted to post a quick update as to what is going on with some of these orders. This past Monday, we launched a new pick and pack arrangement with Brink's NY, and unfortunately the launch week has not gone as smoothly as we had hoped.

We sent a large lot of orders over each day for processing, thus being marked Shipped on our website and receiving tracking, but due to a miscommunication between our teams, we continued sending more orders over before the previous orders had actually made it out the door and into the carrier systems. The weather in the Northeast this week also caused the carriers to miss a few pickups, which didn't help the situation.

This is why many customers have been seeing the Shipped notifications from JMBullion.com, but not seeing update scans at UPS.com or USPS.com. After this weekend's pickups, all Shipped orders should be in the USPS/UPS systems and will be truly en route.

Brinks is preparing an extremely large team, starting Monday, to clear out our entire backlog ASAP, and from that point forward we will be able to provide our customers with quicker and more efficient order processing than we ever have in the history of our company. Despite these initial hiccups, we are extremely excited about the speed of service we will be rolling out shortly once we're through this backlog.

As mentioned on our Facebook page, once we are through this backlog we also will be running a major "apology" promotion, to hopefully make it up to all customers who had to endure longer than normal processing times. Please accept our apologies for any delays or hassles you've experienced - we do not feel this level of service is acceptable and we are working hard to make the necessary improvements.

Thank you for your patience, and feel free to email me directly with any questions or concerns at mike@jmbullion.com. I will be glad to personally handle any outstanding orders or issues.

Thanks

Silver Buck likes this.
  29. JMBullionRep

JMBullionRep Guest

Just as an update, we have cleared our backlog and are now shipping new orders same day or next day after payment. Thanks to everyone for your patience through this transition, we are very excited about the speed and service we are now able to provide.

Scorpio likes this.
  30. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

JM Bullion rep,

Made a small order today. You have good prices, as good as anyone and the free shipping makes things easy to calculate. Will see how this goes.

One thing I would like to be critical of. When I visit your website I see the prices initially and they look good but if I click on the item I find out that is not the price but the price for mass quantities.

Guess I would suggest flipping it around and showing the cost for a single piece and then getting the discount listing after I click on the part. That seems to be how others do it and it makes sense to me.

<SLV> likes this.
  31. Argentium

Argentium Midas Member Midas Member

I read about JM from another thread on this forum and took a look at their pricing and thought it looked pretty good overall. They don't have the selection on some of the gold items that I normally buy, but their silver offerings and pricing were as good as most of the major dealers. I really like the free shipping, so I did a small test buy, some SAEs and a handful of 1 oz Ag bars. I paid by CC, just in case of trouble. Email confirmation was prompt. Now comes the ultimate test; delivery. I'll edit this post with those results.

32. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

My small order was 15 days from order to receiving in mail. Nothing out of the ordinary as they acknowledged payment and waited 5 business days to ship. The postal money order was evidently treated as a check.

One guffaw. When I opened the package the products were loose in the box. There was some strips of bubble wrap but nothing was taped. Apparently everything came loose as it was just packaged loose and 'dry'.I'd make the assumption this was an outlier.

33. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED
    im wondering why my latest order got shipped from california, originated somewhere in the LA/san diego area

i thought these guys are in PA

34. jmbullion

jmbullion JM Bullion Rep Site Supporter Mother Lode

We have a corporate office in PA, and are testing different shipping facilities to enhance our shipping/order processing times.

35. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED

i ordered a $100 bag of 90% and got all halves, i like this distribution center

36. Argentium

Argentium Midas Member Midas Member

Got my order 2 days ago, 12 days total. Not bad, as I am still waiting for a Provident order placed the first week of March!

37. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Ok guys, ordered a GAE from them on 3/24 receiving confirm

Sent check, 5 days or so said they received it 3/31, then another 2 days or so saying it is in the packing dept ready to ship 4/2, status currently states 'shipped' waiting for USPS to pick up and they have generated a tracking number based on 4/3

Item showed up 4/7, no issues. Wrapped in standard flip + plastic bag, and shipped in a std usps box one price, with bubble wrap.

packaging is not as good as Apmex, but they have free shipping so no big deal.

All good on my end,

38. metier

metier New Member

Second and Last Purchase for JM Bullion. Ordered the March 29th. Check shipped April 2nd. Check Clears on April 4th. Site says waiting on check, until the night of the 8th, then finally the night of the 8th I get an email that says We have received and deposited your paper check payment. Please allow up to five business days for the funds to clear, depending on your ordering history and type of check, odd according to my bank account the money was paid and cleared on the 4th so it was received on the 3rd or 4th.

April 11th still waiting on my order to ship. So hopefully will get my order in 3 weeks. That is if my check ever clears.

I went in figuring it would take 2 weeks, to get my order. But that is not going to happen. Since their business model seem to introduce false delays in their process from when they receive the check and when they say they receive the check, I will not support it with any more of my FRN's. I'll spend my FRN's with Apmex, I may pay a little more but I have yet to have any issues and always get my order in less then a week from Apmex.

Charlie Prime, <SLV> and Someone_else like this.
  39. ~BS

~BS Gold Member Gold Chaser

^

Checks normally have an extra clearing time because the check can show as cleared, then the bank informs the company that the funds weren't actually there, then reverse the charge. They'll wait up to a week after the deposit, which they did in this case.

Perhaps they're being extra cautious, but yeah, it will drive some customers away.

40. metier

metier New Member

Yes I understand the extra clearing time of 5 days, but when they wait 4 days to acknowledge that they received the check, that is what I have problems with. If they would of acknowledged they received and deposited the check on the 4th and it would be 5 days, instead of waiting till the 8th to say they received and deposited the check, then I would of had no issues.

And since they didn't acknowledge that they received the check for 4 days, they are waiting another 5 days or more not sure how long they will wait since the product hasn't shipped yet.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014