1. Thurs am and USD regains some lost ground, now over 101
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thur Morning! To start we have Gold down 9 to 1202, while Silver is down 31 to 1695. We have Crude up on supply info after a big downswing, +31 to 5221. The USD is back above 101 at 101.12.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

JM Bullion Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Scorpio, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Please Rate This Dealer

1. * 1 Star

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. ** 2 Star

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. *** 3 Star

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. **** 4 Star

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. ***** 5 Star

41 vote(s)
    63.1%
  1. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

I guess I'll give them a 4. I placed two orders of silver on the 9th, they were in my mailbox on the 23rd. Everything went as expected. I wasn't in a hurry so speed of delivery was fine. To me all that really matters is locking the best price, which JM seems to consistently provide all things considered.

What I didn't like about the transaction are basically website features. 1) I don't like having to use paper checks, ACH should be an option. 2) I don't like how they list their prices. For example, if you view "silver bars", they show all of their products available and the lowest possible price populates on the main screen. The price if you buy in 500 quantity. Then once you drill down, you receive a higher price for quantities the average person would typically buy. So it's misleading in my opinion and makes it harder to price compare between dealers. There's probably a reason they are the only site that lists in this manor, but I'm not sure what it could be? 3) Finally, the length of time it took to show they received my check. It was in the mail 5 full days, then through the weekend before the website reflected they had even received my check. I get them having to wait until everything clears, but the website should reflect payment pending (received) a lot more promptly. Those are really the only negatives in my opinion, but they are more overall dislikes of the website/policies than specific to this single purchase. So that's why I kept the score at a 4.

2. AlwaysWrite

AlwaysWrite New Member

Novelist
    I made a second order with them, ordered on June 9, arrived June 27. So not super fast, but considering the time for my bank to mail them a check, for it to clear, etc., not too bad. Once they shipped, it arrived in 2 days. And they provided good email updates when the check arrived and when it shipped.

Everything appears to be as ordered, and I noticed it was packed much better this time, with some bubble wrap and paper to keep things from jingling around.

I agree, an ACH option would be much more convenient and hopefully quicker. Or at least a lower charge for CC orders to make it more palatable, more like 2-2.5%. That would obviously help with the speed, as my friend who ordered with CC got his metal very quickly.

All in all, I've been very satisfied with JM. I hope they keep offering good deals for us small- to mid-size stackers, maybe some similar deals on Mexican Libertads or Canadian Maples or Britannias. :party9:

3. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

Have another JM order being delivered today. Ordered 6/15, out for delivery via USPS today 7/3. It's slow comparably and frankly I don't understand why a check takes twice as long to clear through JM than it does through other online dealers, but oh well. As long as the end result is good (product in hand @ a price you're happy with) then I guess it doesn't really matter how long it takes to get here.

4. AlwaysWrite

AlwaysWrite New Member

Novelist
    Just a short update that I received a couple more orders from JM. The products arrived well-packed and as advertised. They provide email updates when your payment arrives and when the order ships, with tracking info. I have been very happy with them.

I don't know if I can take credit, but 2 posts above I suggested they offer some deals on Maples and Britannias… and they did, so I had to order some! I look forward to the weekly special each Monday.

Waiting for a Libertad special next week! *wink, wink*

5. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX In God I Trust and most in GIM Gold Chaser

I don't get on this section to often here is my recent experience EXCELLENT

August 20th and 21st I made purchases my second and third with JM via phone. Both times I got Paddy ( Get guy to work with). Sent checks back to back a day apart. Since the weekend was involved the checks both got there on the same day. Hold time for checks clearing/approved seemed a day or two ahead of what I had planned. Both shipped out the 29th and I got both on September 3rd with a No Delivery - Holiday involved.

Well pleased with my purchases, and the service I received including arrival that I believe was ahead of time.

Waiting for more dry powder to accumulate to pull the trigger again.

6. wanderintheland

wanderintheland Seeker Seeker

Jack of Many Trades
    Barring some other spectacular sale somewhere else, I only buy from JM anymore. They are hands down the cheapest dealer for the specific products they carry, and turnaround time has only improved over the last several months.

7. msolorio3

msolorio3 Seeker Seeker

Speech Pathologist
    Ordered on 9/2 paid using Paypal and had the metal in my hand the next day!

GOLDBRIX and astrodiver like this.
  8. astrodiver

astrodiver New Member

I usually pay by check with JM and the delivery time keeps getting shorter but like msolorio3, I ordered last week by Paypal and 36hrs. later it was
    in my hand!

Is JM using delivery drones?

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  9. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED
    they have a distribution point in the los angeles area now and my last several orders have all shipped from there with a 2 day lead time.

between these guys and apmex they have been my go to dealers lately

10. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

Drop shipping?

11. AuAgBullion

AuAgBullion New Member

Just went and checked them out but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada so I can't place an order. Not leaving a rating due to this fact and it would be unfair to them.

-Abe

12. 97guns

RETIRED
    i just got ups notification for my privy britannia delivery tomorrow, says its coming from A-mark

13. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,I have now placed 5 orders with JM Bullion -- the last order was Oct 3 -- I was notified that my check had cleared and a shipping label made on Oct. 17 and they sent it this time by US MAIL (all the other orders came UPS) tracking the order I get a delivery date of Oct.23 --- 20 days from order to delivery.:hmpf:

Seems too long to me but then both going and coming it is USPO so could be the post office I guess?:questionmark::dontknow:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

14. 97guns

RETIRED
    dont know if theyre drop shipping with a-mark or if they are affiliated with them

15. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

Isn't A-Mark a wholesaler in the pm market?

16. Usury

Usury Gold Member Gold Chaser

Hmmm...mine were shipped lickety-split from JMB IIRC....even with check payment (~3-4 day hold?). Of course then again, I just ordered a tube, not a whole monster box.

17. samwiii

samwiii Gold Member Gold Chaser

Just got a shipment of assorted silver coins; great place to order from when getting lots a miscellaneous pieces. Very happy, beautiful coins, and problem free as always. Just a bit over 2.5 weeks from order to receipt. FANTASTIC price on the Armenian Silver Arks.

18. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Placed quite a few orders now and always had great service. My only gripe with JMB is them not sending out sealed tubes. I have ordered ATB's in multiples of ten and it always came in a mint tube that had been opened and resealed, why?

19. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Probably grading rejects, just like apmex, they charge extra for mint sealed tubes so what does that tell us?? They pre search for the best coins and sell the rejects

20. Chester-Copperpot

According to the website these are supposed to come "Mint Sealed" and not cherry picked.

"Please be aware that these coins ship in the exact condition as we receive them from the US Mint and it is normal for America the Beautiful coins to ship with minor blemishes, including scratch marks and general wear. We do not cherry-pick any coins for grading or purchase any second-hand material, so you can be sure the coins you receive will be in the exact condition that we receive them and ship in mint-sealed tubes of 10 or monster boxes of 100. Non-mint lot quantities will ship in individual jewelry bags"

21. jmbullion

jmbullion JM Bullion Rep Site Supporter Mother Lode

Hi guys,

Just wanted to jump in and confirm that we do not cherry pick any coins and that messaging on our site is accurate.

Certain tubes come from the mint with no actual tape/seal once they are removed from the monster boxes (with just the lid sealing them). As a result, we often put extra tape the tubes to ensure the coins don't come out of the tube during shipping. I can assure you that the rolls you received were in fact mint sealed.

Hope that clears things up, but let me know if you need further clarification.

CrufflerJJ likes this.
  22. Chester-Copperpot

I'll need to take your word that some tubes do not come sealed from the mint. Here is what a mint sealed tube from APMEX looks like, you can see the plastic casing sealing it.

photo 1.jpg

23. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Chester-Copperpot,It does NOT come from the mint with that:36_1_30: --- APMEX adds it and charges a little extra for it!:yes:

the DUCK:15_1_70v:

skychief likes this.
  24. Chester-Copperpot

That is very shady if true.

25. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Chester-Copperpot,Did you really believe that the mint put a shrink wrap on each tube that says APMEX? :questionmark::banghead:

They say they don't cherry pick and I dbout they do:452: they have much too high a volume and turn over to be examining closely every coin in every tube in every monster box!:idea:

I am inclind to believe this is also true of JM Bullion:yes: --- the man hours would kill
    them!:ahhhhh::vollkommenauf:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins remain packaged in tubes taken directly from the sealed green "Monster Boxes," as they were delivered.

APMEX uses a special machine for this sealing process to ensure the products you receive are sealed completely, once they are removed directly from the mint boxes. The mint tubes are placed on the conveyor leading into the machine and the sealing process seals both ends of each tube with tamper-evident packaging. If this tube has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the tube is removed from the machine and then checked to ensure the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished tube of MintDirect® 2013 1 oz Silver American Eagle coins.

Once completed, the MintDirect® tubes are stored back in the vault until they are ordered by our customers. By using this process, APMEX can guarantee the coins you receive are in exactly the same condition and packaging as they were when they left the United States Mint.

MintDirect® is a patented process that provides you the assurance this product has not been opened, sorted or searched. APMEX's guarantee of MintDirect® San Francisco Silver Eagles may not be recognized by external grading services. Click here to learn all about MintDirect® products from APMEX.

- See more at: http://www.apmex.com/product/74568/...-20-coin-mintdirect-tube#sthash.2dLr3AzK.dpuf
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26. Chester-Copperpot

I know the mint doesn't sticker them APMEX, the sticker is put on all there tubes after the fact. I have mint sealed tubes of Eagles and other coins that come mint sealed and have the APMEX sticker on the outside.

27. GOLD DUCK

QWAK, Chester-Copperpot , Long ago I bought a monster box:yes::23_30_104: SILVER was about $14.00 as I remember and of corse I had to open that box. :yes::yes::yes:

The mint does NOT srink wrap each tube!:452:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins remain packaged in tubes taken directly from the sealed green "Monster Boxes," as they were delivered.

APMEX uses a special machine for this sealing process to ensure the products you receive are sealed completely, once they are removed directly from the mint boxes. The mint tubes are placed on the conveyor leading into the machine and the sealing process seals both ends of each tube with tamper-evident packaging. If this tube has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the tube is removed from the machine and then checked to ensure the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished tube of MintDirect® 2013 1 oz Silver American Eagle coins.

Once completed, the MintDirect® tubes are stored back in the vault until they are ordered by our customers. By using this process, APMEX can guarantee the coins you receive are in exactly the same condition and packaging as they were when they left the United States Mint.

MintDirect® is a patented process that provides you the assurance this product has not been opened, sorted or searched. APMEX's guarantee of MintDirect® San Francisco Silver Eagles may not be recognized by external grading services. Click here to learn all about MintDirect® products from APMEX.

- See more at: http://www.apmex.com/product/74568/...-20-coin-mintdirect-tube#sthash.2dLr3AzK.dpuf
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Chester-Copperpot likes this.
  28. Chester-Copperpot

Very dirty that they claim mint sealed, and then seal them in house. They have been getting fewer and fewer orders from me, that will probably be the last. Very happy with the service JMB provide, and honesty.

29. jmbullion

Thanks for your kind words :)
    And thanks Gold Duck for helping out. Also Chester, here's an unboxing I found on YouTube of a ATB monster box unboxing just to reassure you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlorr-OP6RQ

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    Chester-Copperpot likes this.
  30. Chester-Copperpot

Those JM Kilos sure "sold" fast :rolleyes:

31. Chester-Copperpot

Oh look the JM Kilo's are back in stock now spot is on the rise :confused:

southfork likes this.
  32. Usury

I may be wrong, but I've reached the conclusion when they have a "deal", they allocate a certain amount of inventory to the sale and when it's gone, it's gone. We saw the same thing happen with their 10 oz bar sale recently...and it was also in stock shortly thereafter. IIRC, I think the message they gave on the website when they ran out even said something to the effect that the inventory allocated is gone. In some ways it makes sense, but perhaps not in others when you look at the cost of irritating customers. I would think if they are properly hedged, it shouldn't affect their bottom line significantly if there's a big movement in either direction. That's the advantage the big online dealers have over your local coin shop.

33. Silver Buck

Silver Buck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Gin Bottler
    A sale is either 'While Quantities Last' or 'For A Limited Time Only'. Otherwise, it isn't a proper sale and those who didn't catch the sale shouldn't take it personally.

34. Usury

Agreed, but it is frustrating to see them claim they've sold out and then re-list the same item for higher premium the very next day. IMO, they'd be better off disclosing up front how much of the item they have allocated and how much remains. Look at Gainsville Coins "deal of the day" sales for example. Not that I'm a huge Gainsville fan, but at least it's pretty clear by looking there if they are nearly sold out of the allocation or not. This would help those of us contemplating a decision of whether or not to pull the trigger. Otherwise we have to mostly assume it's good until Sunday night since it's advertised as the deal of the week on JMB's website.

At the end of the day though, you are right. Sometimes you have a make a call and go with it one way or the other. In some ways it's humorous us on here pissing and moaning about 10 or 20 cents premium difference when spot moved over $2.00 in the last 24 hours. Regardless of the premium, you missed the sale if you didn't pull the trigger last night.

southfork and Silver Buck like this.
  35. Chester-Copperpot

I was going to pull the trigger on a few last night but they were gone, ended up buying else where so no biggie. Would be nice if they were clear about what was on hand, it just made it look like they pulled the deal when spot crashed.

36. Silver Buck

Silver Buck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Gin Bottler
    I can't say that I'd really blame them if they did. But let's assume they didn't pull and that they really did run out due to spot crashing.

Kinda makes sense.

37. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Another way of saying unless you pay an extra charge the coins you get are cherry picked and slab rejects, wont grade ms 69

38. jmbullion

Hey guys,

Just wanted to provide some insight on this. We typically have set allotments for each of our sales, and as stated we do highlight that limited quantities are available at that pricing.

In regards to the JM Kilo, that was simply a result of us holding some inventory back so we can continue offering the product once the sales expires.

Your points are valid though, and we'll see what we can do about showing quantities available for each deal in the future.

39. Usury

I don't think they're doing that, but if they DID pull the deal because spot crashed, then I'd find that COMPLETELY unacceptable. These big dealers should have their inventory hedged, so the price of spot is moot to their bottom line. If the price goes down, they get paid by their hedge position to make up the difference and if the price goes up, they owe the hedge position that amount. So they are only getting the premiums as revenue and then have to cover overhead, insurance, shipping, hedge cost, payroll, etc and profit out of that.

JMB, I'm curious...do you guys fully hedge your inventory as I've discussed here?

40. jmbullion

Yes, our inventory is fully hedged at all times, and we have no exposure to spot price fluctuations.