1. Markets swoon moving into Monday open, Metals catch a nice bid
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Monday Morning! Gold is up 8.8 to 1257, while Silver is up 18 to 1793. Crude is falling 40 to 4757. The USD is down 50 to 9893.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1248.50-- UP 18.30 Silver $17.75-- UP 34 Oil $47.97-- DOWN 134 TICS USD $99.42 -- DOWN 66 tics

JM Bullion Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Scorpio, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Please Rate This Dealer

1. * 1 Star

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. ** 2 Star

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. *** 3 Star

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. **** 4 Star

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. ***** 5 Star

41 vote(s)
    63.1%
  1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Thank goodness they do!

With that, they are able to protect themselves as if you remember, they ship from their stock, unlike many others who pretend to have stock,

It protects us also, as the metal is avail to us upon good payment, not waiting for 3rd parties,

That is what the futures markets are supposed to be for guys, hedge against risk,

Usury likes this.
  2. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    I see on another site JM has put up a promo for all the members of that site to receive a $15 coupon off their next purchase. Of course only available to USA residents as is their want to piss off the other 7 billion people in the world. Sure is nice of them to play fair with everyone.

dirt to oil likes this.
  3. skychief

skychief enthusiastic stacker Silver Miner

Musician
    Just wanted to throw a little love to JM. :36_3_16:

These guys are great. I placed an order for some silver rounds Monday morning @ just 79 cents over spot / coin. They took some FRNs as payment in lieu of actual money.

AND JM paid the shipping!

Its 4 PM Wednesday. I am holding the rounds. :emotions16:

The LCS guy is gonna be pissed. I'll still probably go there every now and then for shits & giggles (he gets some cool off-the-wall stuff every so often; stuff that JM wouldn't touch with your 10 foot pole).

But from now on, the bulk of my PM acquisition will now be with JM.

Charlie Prime and jmbullion like this.
  4. pitw

I don't feel the love. As in my post above they even got worse. After their little giveaway, they had a contest to guess how many ounces had been ordered from their little promotion [prize of RCM rounds just to rub it in:36_1_28:]. This they wouldn't allow all members to join in either:452: and to top it off they even changed the rules part way through saying no one could edit their initial post, but they had already edited their initial post of the thread to change their rules. Funny part I is find is they have been a member there since, Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014, and here since Join Date 03-19-2014, a difference of 23 days. What have they done for you here? Oh yeah a ticker that never reads the same as any other. If these plicks offered me an ounce of gold free I would let them piss up a rope before I would accept it. They may KMA :bootyshake: but I'll never LTB.

5. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I have to give JMB a thumbs up. I don't expect/want anything for free, just good prices and reasonable shipping. They consistently have bullion priced under $1.00 an ounce and free shipping. Unlike other dealers who advertise cheap prices, but only if ordering 500 ounces or more. Have placed multiple orders with JMB, mail my check and get exactly what I ordered. Works for me.

jmbullion likes this.
  6. jmbullion

jmbullion JM Bullion Rep Site Supporter Mother Lode

I think it's important to add some context here for the group, as you have mentioned this a few times on both sites now. We had committed to running that promotion as a way to establish a more active presence on another site, just like we did when we became a sponsor here. We had to limit the promotion to US members because we only ship domestically.

We gave away the RCM Bison coins simply because we are the exclusive retailer of those coins in the USA (and in Canada these coins have a Canadian distributor). Please don't look at it like we were trying to "rub it in" as that is definitely not the case.

In terms of the ticker, I wasn't aware of any outstanding issues. We show the Ask price, as that is how all dealers/mints price their metals and is the actual price you would have to pay to buy on the open market. Additionally, keep in mind the ticker here is updated about once per minute, which may cause slight discrepancies during a volatile period.

7. pitw

Two screen shots of the ticker just a couple minutes apart. First one shows what the ticker looked like all weekend after both gold and silver had shot up.
    [​IMG]

Next one just after the ticker started tracking again.
    [​IMG]

Something don't make sense to me but then I ain't all that bright.

8. SilverBuyer

SilverBuyer Silver Member Silver Miner

Pitw the ticker resets at the end of the NY stock exchange, so the price at Friday at around 2 ET (I think that's around when it closes) was $16.94

jmbullion and pitw like this.
  9. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Gold Member Gold Chaser

Bought something as a gift for someone last weekend and received UPS Friday. Easy, fast, efficient, and carefully packaged.

jmbullion likes this.
  10. Chester-Copperpot

Just a note to anyone at JMB if they are reading. Love the site and the great prices, but can you please stop that annoying pop up promoting the book every time I visit your site. It pops up every few minutes and is annoying as hell.

Scorpio likes this.
  11. Scorpio

agreed Chester, drives me nuts

already have the book.................

Chester-Copperpot likes this.
  12. jmbullion

Thanks for the feedback. We just started testing a new version of the popup last week, however you should only see it once unless cookies are deleted before each visit. Additionally, the popup will never serve when customers are logged in to their JMB account. Let me know if that isn't the case.

Chester-Copperpot likes this.
  13. Scorpio

JMB,

as a reference, was there today checking out the sales,

box came up, went to a different page, after a moment, box came up again

I left

didn't really want to log in to make things go away,

JMO of course

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  14. Chester-Copperpot

Just a question for our JM rep. I understand if you can't answer this, but what kind of volume in sales did you guys experience yesterday compared to a normal day.

15. jmbullion

We saw an increase of over four times our typical sales volume. Quite a day for sure, especially after just moving to a new fulfillment center. :-)

16. Chester-Copperpot

Thanks for the update, appreciate the info.

17. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

I placed my first order with these guys recently. Other than not receiving the order I really don't have an issue with them. I paid with CC. Shipped reasonably fast. Arrived and processed at the PO. Out for delivery, then delivery delayed. It only took 3 days to get to my PO and then its been delivery delayed since the 2nd.
    I was told that I cant file a claim until the 17th. Does anyone know how the insurance claims work? Do I have to file the claim or do they? Is this USPS insurance? I read elsewhere that USPS doesnt insure metals.

I haven't bought metals since the beginning of the year. Been stacking cash but the prices are low enough now that I am turning the cash to metal on a weekly basis. Someone else got last weeks order. Looks like someone else will get this weeks order as well since I cant even file a claim until the 17th. Sadly its not the way I wanted to start a relationship with a company but again I dont hold it against them. I blame the PO 100% on this one.

18. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Of course usps insures bullion, as long as it's registered. Otherwise none of the bullion dealers would ever ship it with them.

This is probably what people see when they say that:

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/609.htm

19. Cigarlover

It didn't ship registered as far as I know. Its also not clear if its insured by USPS or a 3rd party insurance company.

I'm not sure how a package can go from "out for delivery" to "delayed in transit" for over a week.

20. Chester-Copperpot

Think I'd take a trip to the PO and ask what's going on. That's just me though.

21. Cigarlover

I already did. They said its not there. They also cant explain how it was out for delivery and then delayed in transit.

22. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Pretty simple... the driver pocketed it... thus it's 'delayed in transit' :dontknow:

Cigarlover likes this.
  23. Chester-Copperpot

Sounds like it.

Cigarlover likes this.
  24. jmbullion

Hi - I'm not sure if you spoke to our customer service team yet but feel free to send a PM with your order number and we'll definitely help you get this sorted out.

Scorpio likes this.
  25. Cigarlover

Yes I did speak to customer service. actually I emailed them and the same day I did receive an email reply. Was told we have to wait until the 17th to file a claim..
    Well, after posting all this last night my order did arrive today. Strangest tracking info ever but its here safe and sound. Packaging was as good as any I have seen. Taped in Bubble wrap securely. Space in the box was stuffed with paper so no rattling.
    Overall they will get 5 stars from me. The shipping issue wasnt on them. The PO gets a 1 star for slowly getting it to me :).
    In addition JM gets this weeks order too. :).

26. Scorpio

great news Cigar,

Cigarlover likes this.
  27. Chester-Copperpot

Glad it worked out for you.

28. Smokeymike

Smokeymike New Member

Ordered from JMB about a half-dozen times. So far, so good. Products as advertised, packaged very well, prices very reasonable (for check purchases). The only downside is the 10-15 days (or more) for delivery when you pay by check. Seems the check clears my bank quickly but it's 7-10 days after that when my order finally ships. I can probably live with that due to free shipping and good pricing - and every Monday they have "specials" - good prices, no minimums. I'll probably buy from them again.

jmbullion likes this.
  29. jmbullion

Hi, thanks for the feedback. All checks require 3-6 business days to clear before entering our shipping queue (regardless of when it it comes out of your account). The only way for us to 100% clear a check as good funds is to wait out the bounce period. That being said, are you familiar with our e-Check payment option? This allows us to process the check quicker, as opposed to waiting until we receive the check in the mail. This is currently only enabled for qualified accounts, but if you send me a PM with your account email address I can likely enable it for you (if not already).

Smokeymike, Scorpio and gringott like this.
  30. Scorpio

2nd the e-check feature,

it works perfectly for me, and shortens the overall time period significantly

Smokeymike likes this.
  31. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

So why don't you process paper checks electronically when you receive them? A lot of businesses do that these days.

32. Scorpio

Usury, it costs money to do that

The machines and the clearing are not free,

33. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

True, but it seems as if they would have already paid for the infrastructure if they have the e-check capability. At least at our company, it all was a package. Banks these days in my experience don't want to process paper checks. They are actively trying to get businesses to use e-check readers and automate deposits instead.

Even if not, why can't someone on their end login and enter it as an e-check when they receive it rather than processing the old fashioned way?

Even if they did have to invest in their business, it still seems like it might be a prudent idea.

34. jmbullion

To be clear, we are just creating a digital check which we will then deposit into our bank account to pay for the order. The actual clearing time is the same regardless if it's a paper check or e-Check. The benefit of e-Check is the clearing time typically begins within 1 business day, as opposed to having to wait until we receive the check in the mail.

Smokeymike likes this.
  35. stAGgering

stAGgering Seeker Seeker

Ordered CDN 2016 wolf privy, 2015 sheep privy, and 2016 Somalian Elephant.
    Total oz ordered was 26.
    12 damaged coins returned for exchange.
    All 12 had markings upon obverse and reverse as if taken from coin bag.
    I was disgusted.
    Disgusted due to the fact I ordered BU coin and received 50% Ebad fondled looking coin.
    Yes 12 is not 50% of 26. I kept one Somalian with a possible error and proof of dropped coin disease.
    Disgusted due to the fact my time was consumed in order to recover what I had lost within purchase.
    Photos, emails, packaging, driving, fuel, time, time, time, out the window and lost.
    This time expenditure loss makes the cost of JMB coins skyrocket beyond reason.

Secondly I had separately ordered 2 tubes of Kangs.
    "Sealed Tubes" and one was not and had marked Kangs for the top 6.
    Not as concerned for self as I filled all gifts with this year with Australian Kangs air-tite sealed.
    And it is just bullion, which is not particularly attractive with -O- depth.

JMB did exchange coins returned and in doing so, acknowledged discrepancy between web site and delivery.

I am stating above as caution.
    Especially for those storing wealth for the next generations.
    Who needs marked up coins now @ $20 +- to educate/give/will for younglings and have sold in 30 yrs as bullion
    spot price, due to discordant sales of damaged coin.
    Such is not inviting and I wish for JMB to regain control of quality.

JMB, no reply needed as order is complete.
    Performance is value.

36. Smokeymike

Smokeymike New Member

JMB has deceptive "sale" this week on 1/2 oz. Sunshine Mint silver rounds. Claim .85 over spot - rounds priced EACH about $8.58. Multiply 8.58 x 2 and that's $17.16 per ounce - spot is about $15.35, so that's $1.81 OVER SPOT!

37. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,Smokeymike,The cost to mint a 1/2 oz coin is about the same as a 1 oz coin!:oriental:

If you don't want to pay the extra minting cost then only buy 1 oz rounds!:thumbs up 2:

the DUCK :winks2:

38. Scorpio

When the ad came out by email, only the 1 item was listed, but when I went to the site, the 1/2 was also listed.

So I copy and pasted the whole thing and put it here, and haven't checked to see if the 1/2 was removed?

so the posting of it here as such could be my fault

39. SilverBuyer

SilverBuyer Silver Member Silver Miner

It is somewhat deceptive in that every other silver product is listed by the premium per oz (for example a generic 10 oz bar would be 89 cents over spot, not 10 x .89= $8.90). In the listing it does say per round, not oz. "Any Quantity Only 85¢ Over Spot Per Round!"

40. Scorpio

Thanks guys, I dropped them a note about it as it is still up currently.