1. Have a great weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Gold and Silver finish the week down
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 4/29/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1268.30-- DOWN 20.80 Silver $17.19-- down 61 Oil $49.33-- down 0.29 USD $98.89 -- down 0.99

JM Bullion Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Scorpio, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Please Rate This Dealer

1. * 1 Star

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. ** 2 Star

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. *** 3 Star

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. **** 4 Star

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. ***** 5 Star

41 vote(s)
    63.1%
  1. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

I ordered some 10 oz. bars from JM Bullion through eBay just the other day. The bars beat me home.

Thumbs up.

90%RealMoney, jmbullion and southfork like this.
  2. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

An update: Once I was contacted by the representative on here, things seem to have started moving and turned positive. Was told my check arrived on the 10th business day (believe it was Friday or Sat), the day after he contacted me. Once the check was received, they were quick to send out the order, quicker than I was expecting...I think it was three days after they said they got it. Got the items I ordered today via USPS ,which were packed well and in good condition.

I was given access to e-checks on my account now so would be willing to buy from them again in the future (now that I wouldn't need to send a paper check) and give them another try.

southfork likes this.
  3. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

I suspect if they could eliminate the problems they seem to be having with paper checks, that they'd eliminate most of their complaints. Based on the comments in this thread, that seems to be where the complaints are coming from, not from delivery time or quality of goods.

4. bulloncoins

bulloncoins Silver Member Silver Miner

I ordered 10 ounces of silver on a special they ran on ebay. The order made it all the way down to "out for delivery" and then nothing.
    Days went by and no delivery. I asked them to look into it...they said they would.....then I wrote and told them I had waited long enough and ask them to re-send the silver I had paid for. They refunded my money. At least they did that....but I asked for the silver.

Now I have purchased silver and gold from JM Bullion many times without any problems both from them direct and off of ebay.
    But the fact that they just refunded my money and did not resend the silver PISSES ME OFF. They have gotten the last penny from me
    they will ever see. And I have sent more than one customer their way. That won't happen again.

It is not my fault the POST OFFICE did not deliver their package....But their decision to blow me off after all the business I have given them in the last few years speaks volumes...so as a long time member of this board...I give you warning....Think long and hard before you do business with these people.

5. D-FENZ

Damn.

Tough customer.

Seems to me the only bad actor here was the postal service.

Did you uproot your mailbox and burn your stamp collection too?

6. bulloncoins

You are correct. The Post office was to blame ... not me, who has been a loyal a repeat customer to this seller.
    That didn't count for much in the end did it?

7. jmbullion

jmbullion JM Bullion Rep Site Supporter Mother Lode

I just looked into your order. We responded to your email on 9/17 and let you know that we would be filing a BSN with the post office to have them investigate. This process usually takes 4-5+ business days and we still haven't received their response. Because you decided to file a dispute with eBay yesterday, our only option was to refund as eBay would rule in your favor and refund anyway (since the package hadn’t been delivered yet).  

If you’d like, I can have your order resent and we will charge your PayPal account the original amount. Let me know.

8. D-FENZ

You did get your money back. It just seems to me that you are misplacing your frustration by lashing out at the only victim of the lost package. Odds are pretty good that the package eventually shows up on your door. Then you would have both the silver and the money with JM as the bag holder again.

They seem to be handling the situation in a very professional manner.

After the public flogging you are conducting here I would not be so gracious. Your username would definitely join my list of blocked bidders.

southfork likes this.
  9. bulloncoins

Sir...I placed the order with you on the 9th. It was shipped the same day. I should have received it by the 14th.
    I checked tracking everyday and it continuously showed "out for delivery" on September 12 and "delivery status not updated"
    since September 13th.....After the same thing for four days I contacted you and you did respond that you would be filing a BSN
    with the post office and that it would take four or five days. As I had not heard another word from you by the 22nd, I simply
    let ebay know that I had not received the package and requested the order be filled. I did not request a refund. It was an option
    for me to choose when I notified ebay. So am I to believe by your response you had no other choice but to refund my money
    which is now some $20.00 + change less than you are charging for the same 10 oz? Or would I be justified in believing that you chose to refund my money and just let me purchase it back at the higher price if I still wanted it? If you check your records you will
    find I have purchased from you in the past. Enough that you offered to let me have a special discount if I gave you my bank account information....which I respectfully declined to do.

No sir...please keep your ten ounces...Thank you for refunding my money. But I know you had the choice to send me the silver
    or make a refund. You chose the low road in my opinion. I did not receive your silver. If it ever does arrive at my house rest assured
    I will return it to you, as you have refunded my money...but in doing so you lost my business. The above statement that it was your only option is a lie.

10. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

I had the same thing happen to a package I sold on the fleabay, it stayed in out for delivery status for like 7 days and the buyer requested a refund so I gave it, was for like 70 bucks, I kept watching the package and around 10 days it showed delivered, the buyer was kind enough to pay for it again. I suspect the package fell under or behind something and just sat there.

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

RE This whole mail thingy,

I have noticed a rather large change in mail delivery period. Checks sent out to suppliers don't arrive and clear for 2-3 weeks after sending them. Lost checks, etc in the mail. It has become a real PITA. Yet, they are still the lowest cost for sending normal mail and the like.

I switched to JMB electronic check for that exact reason. I have yet to be disappointed in any way.

just my take on it,

and they did offer the silver at the original pricing. Seems as though they are trying awful darn hard to retain you as a customer????

12. jmbullion

I’m sorry you feel that way. If you change your mind let me know – I can have it expedited out today so it would arrive early next week.

13. stAGgering

stAGgering Silver Miner Seeker

A merciless consumer you are.
    On Ebad & USPS, your expectations are hasty.
    You do know that you would not lose your expenditures correct?
    JMB offered full reconciliation.
    I certainly hope you are not expecting silver to hit $50 bucks in our near future...
    I'll be buying a bullet proof vest, if you are.
    It is very good to see you say you will return item if USPS completes delivery.
    Bravo, most would not.
    Now, if it was from NWTM, I'd say keep it for 6 months... and think about it, ha!

I do not work for either, had a return to JMB, trust eBad and USPS less than JMB, and utilize all three. Mathematically there is life on another planet somewhere, Ebad and USPS makes mistakes, but only man can practice patience, sometimes, when adorning another's shoes.

14. 90%RealMoney

90%RealMoney Midas Member Midas Member

I sell on Ebay as well. I had a buyer who disputed an items condition. I was forthcoming of the description of the item, but it didn't matter. Ebay refunded the guys money without any chance of anything else occuring. They also did so as soon as the guy had a return label scanned by the P.O. They didn't even wait for me to confirm that the item was actually in the box he sent! Specific to this thread, I have 6 or 8 transactions with JMB so far. Every item is on my doorstep within 48 hours of the order being placed. I do live in California, and they ship out of Las Vegas, so I am right next door. But, no issues whatsoever, and by far the quickest shipping bullion seller on Ebay as far as I'm concerned.

jmbullion likes this.
  15. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

The problem is they don't offer this e-check to customers until they've done multiple snail mail/lost mail paper check transactions. I really don't see why they have this policy in place but I know Provident does as well. I would rather they say we will allow e-checks but will hold an extra week for new customers.

The issue I have isn't the wait, it's that if I mail the check out on Day 1, they will cancel regardless if the USPS has not delivered after 2 weeks. And it appears there are some problems either in their local PO or in their processing system as I am not the only one to have a problem in this thread.

It was only because I got the rep on here involved that I didn't have my transaction cancelled as it "arrived" on Day 10 and I sent it out the day I ordered. The thing that bothered me was they put me on some "problem customer list" and were either being snotty with me or ignoring my calls (they would ring indefinitely) when I would call to beg them not to cancel my order because I had indeed mailed my payment.

16. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I have been a big fan of this company for many years, but no more. This is the second time I've had a problem with my checks going missing. Not only that but they want to charge me $64 for market loss. I don't know what the hell you guys are doing in your mailing and processing department, but it's not working. Orders used to be flawless, this year two problems. No more orders from me, my business is going else where.

17. jmbullion

Can you send me your order number? I'm not aware of any recent changes on our side but I'm going to take a deeper look given the recent number of complaints here. In terms of the market loss policy, that is fairly standard in the industry as dealers need to protect themselves against fraud, bounced checks, volatile spot changes, etc. That being said, we typically waive those fees in most cases especially for qualified customers.

18. Pyramid

Pyramid Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I haven't voted in case there may be a hiccup with a future order, but if I did, it would be 5 stars. All of my orders have been seamless and trouble-free to date. Last order was placed the evening of 10/04 online, paid via echeck, and it arrived today via next day UPS shipping. I'm a relatively small player, but I appreciate the VIP treatment...keep up the great work folks at JMB! Two thumbs up from me thus far.

jmbullion likes this.
  19. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

Wanted to place another order since even though I had problems before, once it was straightened out, the order did arrive quickly and in good condition. And the problem stemmed from having to mail in a check which I can bypass with an e-check now.

However, I can't get a reply from customer service regarding a question I sent directly via their website (two attempts now). Sent on Thursday morning via the web site and it says it was accepted. No acknowledgment email (or call) or anything (today is Tues morning so 5 days ago). Sent a second request via their website form on Mon afternoon with same question. I could call but I prefer to get a written answer in case there's an issue after I place my order.

If I don't hear back by tomorrow, ill assume
    A) I'm either still on the "bad customer list" from last time when my phone calls were routed to call purgatory with endless ringing and no answer after I called in too many times (3-4 times?) to sort out my "lost check" problem.
    B) They have too many customers to bother answering questions regarding placing orders and go to APMEX.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  20. jmbullion

Looking into this now and will have someone get back to you ASAP. That being said, you (and everyone here) can always work directly through me if you prefer. I'm alerted every time I receive a private message and usually can respond pretty quickly. While not an excuse, our customer service agents get quite busy after significant spot changes (like last week), and often times it is just easier for me to handle.

Chester-Copperpot and Scorpio like this.
  21. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

Just a follow up, didn't get a reply to either email I sent by Tues morning. Tried a customer service chat session at 9:06am CT which gave the message "We're sorry! No agents are available to chat at this time. Please check back later."

Silver dropped 40 cents over night. Couldn't wait any longer. Bought half of the items I had in my JMB cart through APMEX. It was about 50 cents more total and I had to mail in a paper check but since APMEX was able to answer my question immediately and I couldn't get a response from JMB, I pulled the trigger there.

I did call in to CS at JMB about the other items which were much cheaper at JMB and got a really gruff guy (Alexander?) that seemed pretty annoyed to be bothered by someone with a question. Was unwilling to accommodate a (in my mind) logical common sense request I had.

Was checking around and did find a cheaper reputable dealer with a better price for my remaining items in my cart but unfortunately I didn't find it before silver shot back up 40 cents, so will sit on that until the next drop, if there is one.

I did get a JMB reply finally to my customer service emails later that day (Tues), but by then it was Day 5 and way too late.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  22. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

I thought about you after I posted my initial message on here. Sent you an email about an hour and 20 minutes before you posted above. I don't think we should have to go through you for normal customer service issues. I mean what do the other 99% of the customers do that aren't on GIM2? Anyway did finally get a response but far too late as the market had already skyrocketed.

23. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

Thanks. Sent you an email regarding an order I just placed.

24. eggman

eggman New Member

What about selling to JM? Who has experience? I am looking for someone to replace Bullion Direct for selling my gold/silver.

25. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Unless something has changed, I don't believe that they will buy bullion from peeps. Not even if you bought it from them.

Comforting, eh?

26. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

At this time, they do not purchase metal on a 'sell to them' basis

Don't know if they have any plans of doing so,