1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

KENTUCKY DERBY

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by GOLDBRIX, May 5, 2017.

1. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I just like this guy's bumper music.

^updated^ and searcher like this.
  2. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

^updated^ and GOLDBRIX like this.
  3. ^updated^

^updated^ found a way in Silver Miner

no answer
    Kentucky Derby 2017: One-eyed Patch aiming for glory in $2.4 million race
    By Matias Grez, CNN

Updated 12:28 PM ET, Sat May 6, 2017

[​IMG]

(CNN)When three-year-old thoroughbred Patch takes to the starting gate at this year's Kentucky Derby Saturday, many people -- be it in the stands or watching on TV -- probably won't be aware that this is a very special horse.

At the left-hand side of Patch's head is a dark hole -- about the size of a golf ball -- where his eye used to be.

As a two-year-old, Patch developed an ulcer in his left eye that, despite the best possible medical care, didn't respond to treatment.
    Eventually, in June 2016, the colt had his eye removed after trainer Todd Pletcher decided nothing more could be done to save it.

Recovery

Trevor Breen rode one-eyed showjumper Adventure De Kannan to victory in the 2014 Hickstead Derby and he says the adaption for a horse after losing an eye is more of a mental than a physical one.
    "I think the heart, mind and attitude of the horse are big factors in the recovery," Breen told CNN. "The first thing is the obvious one really, they've just got to come to terms with it.
    "What they used to be able to see, they now can't. Horses are very good at adapting and I think they sometimes deserve a lot more credit than we give them.
    "The key to it all is the mind of the horse. If they have a really good attitude and that they want to do the job that you want them to do, then they'll find a way to do it."
    Patch, who was coincidentally given his name before losing an eye, is ranked as an outside -- but not impossible -- 30-1 shot along with three other horses.
    Two other runners, Fast and Accurate and Sonneteer are given odds of 50-1.

searcher likes this.
  4. searcher

Whole lotta money gonna change hands on this.

mayhem and GOLDBRIX like this.
  5. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

YEP, There is no clear favorite, some have beaten each other in early grade II races.

Of the Triple Crown Races the KY Derby has the fewest FAVORITES win and with 20 at the post usually the best pay-offs.

searcher likes this.
  6. searcher

Race favorite Always Dreaming wins 143rd Kentucky Derby at a canter on a soggy track in front of a celebrity-packed crowd of more than 158,000
    • Always Dreaming won the 143rd Kentucky Derby on Saturday at Churchill Downs in Louisville
    • Jockey John Velazquez rode Always Dreaming during the annual event and this is his second Derby win
    • Lookin at Lee finished second at the Derby while Battle of Midway was third
    • Prior to the running, Always Dreaming was a four-to-one favorite to win in early wagering
    • Patch, the one-eyed-colt was a sentimental favorite, but lost coming in at 14th place at the Derby
    • Dozens of celebrities are in attendance at the event including, Harry Connick Jr, Tom Brady and David Ortiz

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4480348/Rain-plagues-Kentucky-Derby-fans-gather-watch.html#ixzz4gLmrnrsb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

7. GOLDBRIX

I didn't have the winner but I did better money-wise with the PLACE horse - Lookin At Lee.

8. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    That one horse started bucking right out the gate!

What a nag!

9. GOLDBRIX

That was the Number 2 Horse - THUNDER SNOW. All the meteorologists were betting on that horse. Since most of his races and practices were in the deserts of the UAE, Dubai & Qatar the slop was probably something he was not use to. AND they are THREE YEAR OLDS.