1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

'Largest Medical Fraud Takedown In American History'

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by searcher, Jul 13, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

'Largest medical fraud takedown in American history': More than 400 doctors, nurses and pharmacists are arrested for heathcare and opioid scams worth $1.3bn in false billing
    • US attorneys announce they will prosecute over 400 in medical fraud case
    • Attorney General Jeff Sessions calls the action the 'largest medical fraud takedown in American history'
    • More than 52,000 Americans died of overdoses in 2015
    • Nearly 300 health care providers are being suspended or banned from participating in federal health care programs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4694236/US-attorneys-412-health-fraud-case.html#ixzz4mkqFaS6e
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

Kinda makes the mexican drug lords look like small potatoes. Od course the difference is these guys will never see any jail time. Just the small fist.

mtnman likes this.
  3. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

52k overdose deaths is more than 36k traffic fatalities. That's massive, but those people are probably crushing up the pills and snorting massive doses or smoking them too.

4. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    No, I think you are wrong. The Harrison Act was the first stab at obliterating opi..opi...Morphine... brought on by that jewel of a civil war. It would seem that the united states of America's constitution forbade encroachment in this area. So, they passed this Harrison Act and put it on the doctors. And, then 1/3rd of the people in the fed pens were Doctors. So I am thinking the good doctors are going into the jurisdiction of the fiction.

5. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Shooting drugs is probably how most of them overdose?

6. madhu

madhu Silver Member Silver Miner

This country is run by lawyers to funnel all the loot to the plantation owners. Doctors are stupid gullible ones that are doing the night calls and taking care of sick old Americans with the most complex multiple medical problems. Of course their are bad apples.
    We cannot thank the pharma companies for pushing all these new oxys,. In 2003. Doctors had to take Continuing medical education courses because one patient with cancer died in California with pain. This was advertised by the media and pain was touted as the fifth vital sign. Patients want pain medicines and easy fix for everything and hospital administrators were goading prescribers to do whatever it takes to make the patient happy.
    Fast forward, so many street illicit drugs combined with powerful designer drugs laced with carfentanil. One must carry a designated Narcan pusher if one wants to snort the white stuff.
    I am not defending anyone but just pointing out systemic causes.

Silver, arminius and michael59 like this.
  7. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    You go to the doctor for pain relief, and all the time the doc has these fucking laws that could land him in jail for prescribing an opoid.
    I guess the Mexican Cartels have lobbied Congress to enact these threatening laws. Now, they are the only game in town.
    Seniors, get to know your Mexican Cartel Rep in your city for real pain relief, or STFU and take an aspirin.

Silver, michael59 and Cigarlover like this.
  8. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    What I was getting at is about what you said; the doctors are caught between a rock and a hard place. How can I treat my patients when they get to where they can tolerate more and more pills....How do I know they are not selling them.... but it seems that it is the fraud that Jeffery Sessions is going after, this fraud from the providers.

I suppose my first comment was a little askew from the actual subject matter, fraud, but I was just pointing out a little know fact in the war on drugs that has been going on longer that I ever knew. This one here is a war on fraud or I suppose it could be an accounting check....like say "where are we spending all the money?" "Oh we spend it here and here and there." "How come all the European don't spend like we do?" "Oh I don't know...maybe we should check it out?"

I would say that this investigation started under the previous administration though.

madhu likes this.
  9. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

I don't really care how many kill themselves with drugs. Darwin in action and all.
    Legalize everything and go to the pharmacy and buy whatever you want whenever you want it. Hows it working out for Portugal? Mexico you can also go buy whatever you want, no Dr needed.
    In very short order things will work themselves out. Of course law enforcement, lawyers, judges and people that work at the jails and all things related would be out of a job soon. Thats probably more of the reason why than anything.

Silver, mtnman, madhu and 2 others like this.
  10. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    That's the main problem right there, not that there aren't greedy moron doctors as well. And this problem was well known to the founders of this country from their experience with England, and why the founders instituted the original thirteenth amendment. The fucks that run this country knew that they had to get rid of that amendment to effectively do what they have done to us.

Bigjon and madhu like this.
  11. madhu

12. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
    I call BS on the numbers. Heck there more than 400 opioid pain clinics right here in Tennessee.

13. madhu