1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Latest N. Korean attempted rocket launch.

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Flight2gold, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    [​IMG]

2. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    Nah, JK.
    Heard the US might have cyber attacked the launch facility, though.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  3. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

How Sweeeeet it is !!!

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  4. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

5. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Did the US cyber-hack North Korea's missile? Claims military sabotaged the launch as Mike Pence and family arrive in Seoul on Easter Sunday to condemn the act as a 'provocation'
    • Vice President Mike Pence arrived in Seoul with his family for 10-day Asia tour
    • His arrival in South Korea came shortly after North attempted to fire a missile
    • But the missile exploded roughly five seconds after being launched near Sinpo
    • According to military official the weapon is 'presumed to be a new ICBM'
    • Comes hours after North Korea unveiled 'game-changer' ballistic missiles
    • Former British foreign secretary Sir Malcolm Rifkind said there is a'very strong belief' it failed due to 'US cyber methods'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4416214/Mike-Pence-arrives-Seoul-family-tow-Easter.html#ixzz4eRQW2TSP
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

6. Fanakapan

Fanakapan Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

That Cyber story has been about for some while. I wonder if the North Koreans are so stupid as to have not done a security audit on their systems ? Maybe their missile program is available on the interweb, does it have a url ? :)

This whole missile deal is somewhat dubious. Maybe they are able to make bigger versions of what O'le Wernher was making back in 44, they seem to be having a similar failure rate. Guidance is the real deal, and thats something even Mighty Britain cant manage, which is why we have to get our missiles from our Uncle. Given the much smaller pool of potential 'Rocket Scientists' in NK, I doubt they'll have anything remotely targetable any time soon ?

However, none of that is to say that the NK regime ought not be consigned to the history books. Hopefully it'll be achieved without blowing the place up.

GOLDBRIX and gringott like this.
  7. Pyramid

Pyramid Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

It blew up on, or shortly after leaving the launch pad as usual.

Membership in the United Nations is open to all other peace-loving states which accept the obligations contained in the present Charter and, in the judgment of the Organization, are able and willing to carry out these obligations. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea) is a member of the UN, which means the UN is a complete scam.

gringott likes this.
  8. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    I believe none of this. There was no missile and their was no US cyber attack that destroyed it. We're being played. We're ALWAYS being played every day in this world.

9. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A

These horse and man films always warm my heart.

the_shootist and Usury like this.
  10. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Wasn't that long ago SpaceX had a rocket go up in flames just from being fueled. It is rocket science, y'know. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

gringott likes this.
  11. Fanakapan

WoW, I had not considered Saint Ellon, maybe the NK's hacked his systems to get ahead in the game. I mean SpaceX must be the real deal and all, especially seeing as how they'll be doing trips round the moon Next Year ? :)

Imagine the NK missile programme as SpaceX, but minus the gifted results of 60 years of government research. And given that SpaceX is Bullsh1t Central, then the Danger from NK for any but their immediate neighbours diminishes greatly ?

However, if NK would be dragged into the 21st century, and using the progress of SK as a yardstick, then its going to be a good result for everybody. So maybe this whole 'Crisis' is just a pretext to achieve just that ?

12. Professur

I'm still trying to understand why Nasa is spending so much money to develop and build a new heavy lift rocket when they've got a Saturn 5 literally lying in the front yard just begging to be reverse engineered ... presuming they truly can't find the original blueprints (which I can't believe)

13. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Trump didn't immediately tweet on the latest failed NK failed missile launch? Not a peep.

Could be good practice for CHAMP. Microwave the little bastards electronics on takeoff.

Flight2gold and Mujahideen like this.
  14. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

t_s, There is an old sayin' " Just because you are paranoid does NOT mean the entire world is NOT out to get you".
    :2 thumbs up:

the_shootist likes this.
  15. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    Do we trust NASA to tell us the truth? :belly laugh:

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  16. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

N
    ever
    A
    S
    traight
    A nswer

17. Professur

50 years on, I can't think of any answer they'd offer that would hold water. It was one thing when they were all in on the shuttle ... but now that they're back to capsules and boosters ... they ignore the most powerful booster ever made ... that operated perfectly on every launch .. in favour of a booster with a fraction the power, requiring strap ons that have already failed in flight and killed as many in one failure as they managed to get the moon in half a dozen?

18. GOLDBRIX

FUEL costs are higher. The Top Quality of the Saturn 5 is not fuel efficient. Make something cheaper and roll the dice. - IMO

19. Fanakapan

Its because NASA has since the days when it was NACA, and later the days of glory in the 60's, morphed into a Bullsh1t facilitator thats more concerned about 'Warming' than progress. :)

Thing is, and as engineer Scott often pointed out, you cannot change the laws of physics. With the size of the Saturn V the Apollo missions were still severely constrained by the weight issues of getting 3 guys and their equipment to the Moon and back. The Saturn V also represented a hefty chunk of US GDP at a time when the American flywheel was still turning with lots of energy. In these days of super debt its unlikely that the demands on cash that a repeat would impose could pass scrutiny.

But hey, I'm being a glass half empty guy here, its for sure and for certain that the Musk guy has found a way round those inconvenient laws of physics ? He has after all created a company thats worth more than GM without ever making a profit :)