1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

MATT LAUER CANNED

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Irons, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

While this list may be a little too sensitive, it goes to the guy's careless comments, if they warned him they were probably mild ones.

NBC News announced on November 29 that it fired Today host Matt Lauer after “a detailed complaint” was filed about "inappropriate sexual behavior that took place during the 2014 Sochi Olympics.” The complaint also noted that Lauer’s “alleged behavior continued in the workplace after the games.” Lauer has a well-documented history of disturbing and sexist behavior that should have served as a warning sign to management long before this recent investigation took place. Here are just a few examples:

1. According to The New York Times Magazine, Lauer was part of “the boys’ club atmosphere behind the scenes” at Today, which Curry said “undermined her from the start” and was partially responsible for pushing her out in 2013.

2. In 2012, former Today host Katie Couric told Andy Cohen that Lauer’s most “annoying” trait was that he “pinch[ed] me on the ass a lot.”

3. In 2006, according to video footage on TMZ, Lauer told Meredith Vieira to "Keep bending over like that. It's a nice view," during a commerical break.

4. According to HuffPost, Lauer acted incredibly skeezy during a 2014 interview with then-18-year-old skier Mikaela Shiffrin.

5. In a 2012 interview with actress Anne Hathaway, Lauer started off by discussing a wardrobe malfunction of hers, telling Hathaway he had “seen a lot of you lately.”

6. Lauer, then in his late 40s, told singer Kelly Clarkson that she had a “hot new look.” When Clarkson, who was in her early 20s at the time, responded by asking “I have a hot new look?” Lauer replied, “Well, I'm back from vacation and you got my attention, I'll tell you that.”

7. During an interview with Pippa Middleton, Lauer focused on the “very flattering” dress she wore to her sister’s wedding and the way it fit her, saying, “I thought it was the best of British pomp and circumstance.”

8. During an interview with Lauer earlier this year, actor Corey Feldman discussed child molestation in Hollywood, including his own experience of abuse. In response, Lauer questioned Feldman’s culpability in the matter, asking why he didn’t come forward sooner: “Why are you sitting down talking to me? Why aren’t you sitting down with the police right now?” Feldman replied, “I’m the victim here. I’m the one who’s been abused. I’m the one who’s trying to come forward and do something about it.”

9. During a 2008 “roast” of Lauer, he misogynistically joked about sleeping with his former co-hosts Katie Couric and Ann Curry, asking, “What’s with all the small-dick jokes? It was fun to look over and see Ann Curry laughing … like she doesn’t know how big my dick really is.”

10. In 2012, Lauer was part of an incredibly distasteful mockumentary on sexual harassment at Today, where he said he was the “real victim” after co-host Willie Geist jokingly touched him inappropriately.

11. In a 2014 sketch, Lauer pretended to flash his colleagues, urging his female colleagues to “drink it in, ladies.”

12. In September, Lauer, who reportedly had notable influence over which stories appeared on Today,interviewed serial sexual predator Bill O’Reilly, giving him a platform to attack a woman who had reported him for harassment and deny knowledge about the multiple settlements he’d reached for misconduct.

13. During an interview with GM chief executive Mary Barra in 2014, Lauer asked her if she thought she could do a good job at being both a high-powered executive and a mother.

14. During a 2015 interview with musician Adele, Lauer questioned whether she was “concerned at all that now, with the explosion of this album, that you're going to have to get back on that career treadmill and have less time to dedicate” to her young son.

15. During a national security forum during the 2016 presidential campaign, Lauer “behaved toward the presidential candidates in a way that was consistent with much of the research about gender stereotypes and discrimination,” according to the Harvard Business Review. Specifically, Lauer “interrupted Clinton more often than Trump, asked her more challenging questions, and questioned her statements more often.”

16. During the same forum, Lauer failed to push back on then-candidate Donald Trump’s assertion that is was “correct” to claim that rape should be “expected” when men and women both serve in the military.

17. While reporting on the 2016 Olympics in Rio, Lauer referred to Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen as one of Brazil’s “most recognizable exports.”
      https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2...ng-warning-signs-nbc-missed-matt-lauer/218685

2. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

A lot of that stuff just sounds like chicks searching for excuses to be offended. Telling a chick she's nice scenery is harassment? lol I thought that's what women were after when they paint their faces and dress as suggestively as possible.

For a horribly oppressive patriarchy it sure seems like men are taking on a whole lot of risk interacting with women these days.

Scorpio, Usury and gringott like this.
  3. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not defending the creep, but it is a crime to ask a professional woman or a hot pop star if it interferes with being a mother to her children?

It is also a crime to not challenge Donald Trump's assertion about rape and the military? Really?

During the same forum, Lauer failed to push back on then-candidate Donald Trump’s assertion that is was “correct” to claim that rape should be “expected” when men and women both serve in the military.

Trump's just stating a fact. Does anybody think that there have been less rapes of women in the military as the numbers of them go up and they are forced to be in close quarters such as combat zones, on ships, etc?

For example, before Clinton's don't ask/don't tell policy about homosexuals, I had never heard of a male/male rape in any unit I was in.
    After it took effect, two cases in 7th ID, followed by three cases in my INFANTRY battalion in Panama.

Geez, I'm happy Lauer went down for reasons of my own, but some of this crud is just stupid. So not being politically correct and even questioning Murphy Brown if she can be a good mother and career woman is a "sexual abuse" problem? Really?

4. Krag

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Irons likes this.
  5. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Irons likes this.
  6. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

So Timothy is a female? Riiiight.

gringott likes this.
  7. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    What ever happened to don’t kiss and tell??

gringott likes this.
  8. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    “Passing out” AFTER sex I can understand...

9. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    :don't know:

10. Krag

These are situations where if the women all had guns concealed on their persons they could even the playing field. That, plus drawn out at a propitious moment, pressed up against the sleazebag's chest with a suitable warning, would end this plague of bad behavior. Plus saying the right thing, whether "hasta la vista baby", "I'm taking you down", "I own you now"; "If you do that again, you're history!" etc. with the drawn gun, would get the message across pronto!