1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Movie - The Rise & Rise of Bitcoin (2014)

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Nomis Elpmis, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Nomis Elpmis

Nomis Elpmis Minimalist Silver Miner

solarion likes this.
  2. Nomis Elpmis

About 'The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin'
    Daniel is a 35 year old computer programmer from Pittsburgh who lives a busy life. Along with balancing work, his marriage, and raising his three boys, Daniel spends much of his time actively involved in all things Bitcoin. After discovering Bitcoin in 2011, his love and obsession for the crypto-currency was born, revealing an uncharted world of new possibilities for him to explore.

Join us as we take a journey through the rapidly growing world of Bitcoin. Along the way, we’ll follow the stories of entrepreneurs and startups that are helping shape the new financial frontier. We’ll look at the competitive mining market and the various subcultures within the Bitcoin community. You’ll encounter a variety of characters and opinions as we examine the social and political impact of an open-source digital currency. Will the rise of Bitcoin bring a monetary paradigm shift that will forever change the world?

3. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Time to sell.

4. Nomis Elpmis

It's a good movie. Interviews some of the key people that got this new technology going. Helps to understand the philosophical and ideological outlook of the people pursuing this 'cause'. People that gravitate to this technology tend to be 'libertarian' and are very sensitive to encroachment of their freedoms.

If you watch the movie is shows that Bitcoin has already gone through major price crashes, but continues to go up. Very informative movie.

5. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

It is a great video, been awhile since I've seen it. Cryptos have come a long way since bitinstant & mtgox. Though I never traded on gox(didn't trust them), I did trade extensively on tradehill and found them to be excellent. Pity the gumbymint goons & banksters shut it down ultimately causing traffic to go to mtgox so people could be looted. Mark Karpelès is human garbage.
    What makes you say that?

[​IMG]

This is a BTC-e chart. I'm sitting tight for now, but a break below 2300ish would make swapping bitcoin for almost 2 ounces of Au or a ridiculous 135 ounces of Ag look appealing. Of course if bitcoin bounces off that level it could be heading right back up to 3k FRNs. Time will tell.

6. FoundingFathers

My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek but -

A movie on Bitcoin may be like the "Magazine Cover" indicator. Remember all those TV shows in 2006-07 about flipping homes and in 2010 there were at least 2 shows on cable about Gold.

solarion likes this.
  7. solarion

Gotcha.

That movie that almost no one saw is from 2014 though. I actually get a kick out of people that think cryptos are in a bubble. I mean, bubbles become obvious when joe schmoe on the street starts talking up something otherwise obscure. Strippers flipping houses, janitors talking tech stocks while plunging toilets, etc. The number of people that have never even heard of a bitcoin, let alone ever used it is still massive.

While the very beginning of the beginning for cryptos is behind us, I look at some of the cryptos being coded just now and think WOW, this technology will change the world in ways people on the outside haven't even begun to realize. I personally think cryptos/blockchain technology will eventually effect nearly every industry in existence. That people still think cryptos = bitcoin or that bitcoin simply = Internet money is beyond laughable. The technology under the hood is nearly as revolutionary as the Internet itself. The masses are going to be shocked when they recognize that this transformation was occurring right under their noses and they paid it no heed. Already the laughing and offhanded dismissals of bitcoin and cryptos as a whole are waning fast as people say OMFG why didn't I pay more attention to this?!? I watch this space closely and I'm watching corporate funds flowing directly into crypto assets dreamed up by pimple faced high school kids.

Mark my words, the world changed dramatically in November of 2008 when an obscure document was released by an anonymous poster using the alias "Satoshi Nakamoto". This thing is just getting started.

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bitcoin

Winston_Room101 and Nomis Elpmis like this.
  8. Winston_Room101

Winston_Room101 Seeker

maybe / maybe not

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...tells-banks-the-blockchain-changes-everything

Blockchain { Ball and Chain } is changing and will continue changing Accounting / General Ledger

http://www.blockchaindailynews.com/...lobal-Blockchain-Business-Council_a24976.html

http://gbbcouncil.org/members

Gold may get pushed aside should China become dominant in Trade Accounting via Blockchain

9. Winston_Room101

Winston_Room101 Seeker

10. solarion

From the article up there. ^^
    Not sure what a "blockchain lieyer" is, but I guess bloodsuckers are going to suck. Interesting times ahead.

11. FoundingFathers

Told ya.