1. Stocks continue to roll off recent highs, while metals catch a bid
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thu Morning! Gold is up 6.6 to 1252, and Silver is up 17 to 16.55. Crude is up 26 to 4279. The USD is flat at 9721
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/10/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1271.40-- DOWN 8.80 Silver $17.22-- DOWN 30 Oil $45.83-- DOWN 1.83 USD $97.01 -- UP 37 TICS
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Music vids

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Brio, Mar 31, 2010.

1. OverOver

OverOver Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

2. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

TED CASSIDY (as LURCH of THE ADDAMS FAMILY) - 1965 - "Do The Lurch"
    GoldenGreatsOldies24

Published on Nov 27, 2016

^updated^ likes this.
  3. searcher

^updated^ likes this.
  4. searcher

THE SEEKERS - LIVE 1965 - "I'll Never Find Another You"
    GoldenGreatsOldies24

Published on Nov 27, 2016

^updated^ likes this.
  5. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser

I need to edit the above track into the below video. Not today though. Late for lunch

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  6. searcher

7. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser

Girl from the North Country

8. ^updated^

^updated^ found a way in Silver Miner

no answer
  9. searcher

Keith - 98.6 (1967) HQ
    MUNROWS RETRO

Published on Dec 6, 2016
    Here's another favorite of mine from 1967 entitled "98.6" ... a lovely, lilting melody with a fast moving tempo. The song's recording artist, born James Barry Keefer, took on the singular performing name of Keith. 98.6 became a smash hit in the United States after its release in December 1966. The Tokens ("The Lion Sleeps Tonight") provided the backing vocals to Keith's lead vocal on the single. Along with Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade Of Pale," Keith's "98.6" was among Beatle John Lennon's favorite songs in 1967. The song peaked at #7 on both Billboard and Cash Box on February 11, 1967, reaching #24 in the UK. It was later covered in a two-song medley that included "Lazy Day" by Lesley Gore in 1969, which reached #36 in the US.

This video stars the lovely professional model, dancer, actress, AND photographer, Raphaella McNamara.

10. searcher

Instrumental Christmas Music: Christmas Piano Music & Traditional Christmas Songs Playlist
    Soothing Relaxation

Published on Dec 7, 2016
    Instrumental Christmas music (3 hours) featuring only Christmas piano music. Traditional Christmas songs like "O Holy Night", "Silent Night", "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing", "Auld Lang Syne", "Angels We Have Heard On High", "Away In A Manger", "The First Noel" and many more have been included in this playlist. Listen to more traditional Christmas music by Peder B. Helland ► https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DlD7...
    Download my music ►https://soothingrelaxation.bandcamp.c...

0:00 - O Holy Night
    3:25 - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
    5:14 - Auld Lang Syne
    6:50 - In The Bleak Midwinter
    9:39 - O Little Town of Bethlehem
    11:34 - O Come All Ye Faithful
    12:22 - Silent Night
    14:31 - The First Noel
    16:24 - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentleman
    17:41 - Angels We Have Heard On High
    19:44 - Angels Of The Realms Of Glory
    21:39 - O Christmas Tree
    23:14 - Away In A Manger
    24:43 - We Wish You A Merry Christmas
    The playlist then repeats.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am a composer from Norway and I started this channel with a simple vision: to create a place that you can visit whenever you want to sit down and relax. I compose music that can be labeled as for example: sleep music, calm music, yoga music, study music, peaceful music, beautiful music and relaxing music. I love to compose music and I put a lot of work into it.

Thank you very much for listening and for leaving feedback. Every single day I am completely astonished by all your warm support and it really inspires me to work even harder on my music. If you enjoy my work, I would be very happy if you decided to subscribe and join our community. Have a wonderful day or evening!

~Peder B. Helland

~Places to download my music~
    Itunes ► https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/pe...
    Bandcamp ► http://soothingrelaxation.bandcamp.com
    Amazon ► http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_srch_...
    Google Play ►https://play.google.com/store/music/a...

If you want to listen to all of my music (in other genres as well), feel free to check out my other channel ► https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicLov...

My personal Facebook page ► https://www.facebook.com/PederBHelland

11. searcher

"Broke For Christmas" RCR Christmas Song 2015/2016
    RegularCars

Published on Dec 8, 2016
    Last year's Christmas song never got a music video, so Roman, his niece, and his nephews went out and made one. Includes some deleted clips from the New York Comic Con video.

12. EricTheCat

EricTheCat Silver Member Silver Miner

The Breeders - Drivin' on 9

^updated^ likes this.
  13. searcher

NEW YORK'S A LONELY TOWN--THE TRADE WINDS (NEW ENHANCED VERSION) 720P
    cinematic35

Published on Dec 10, 2016
    Here is another request from Gary Belzman from CBS Radio) to enhance. I had never heard the song before he requested it. Hope you oldies fans like it!

^updated^ likes this.
  14. searcher

I GET AROUND (NEW ENHANCED VERSION) HD AUDIO/720P
    cinematic35

Published on Dec 5, 2016
    I have had requests for enhanced Beach Boys so I picked this song
    by them. Most of the beach Boys songs are well recorded and only a few of them could use a little enhancement. I added some acoustic guitar (6 string), replayed the drum part and reworked the some vocals parts. Hope you like it!

^updated^ likes this.
  15. searcher

The Viscounts - Harlem Nocturne (1959-60, 1965) HQ
    MUNROWS RETRO

Published on Dec 12, 2016
    Retro sci-fi cinema teams up with music by one of the great retro jazz rock bands of the late 50's and early 60's: The Viscounts. The Viscounts were an instrumental quintet consisting of Harry Haller on tenor sax; Bobby Spievak, guitar; Joe Spievak, bass; Larry Vecchio on organ; and Clark Smith on drums. The Viscounts’ recording of "Harlem Nocturne" in 1959 added a new twist — an eerie guitar echo effect that’s been retained in many subsequent versions.

The Viscounts released the song as a single in autumn 1959, which peaked at #52 on Billboard but reached #28 on Cash Box on February 20, 1960. It was re-released in 1965 and hit #39 on Billboard but only #59 on Cash Box the second time around.

^updated^ likes this.
  16. searcher

Best Romantic Guitar Music 1 ~ Speak Softly Love
    Heng Heng Chhay

Published on Dec 14, 2016

17. searcher

18. searcher

19. searcher

Best Romantic Guitar Music 2 ~ And I Love Her
    Heng Heng Chhay

Published on Dec 14, 2016

20. searcher

Best Romantic Guitar Music 3 ~ Autumn Leaves
    Heng Heng Chhay

Published on Dec 17, 2016

trueman likes this.
  21. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    Why do they call them last three all the best? Is it the same song or am I missing something else.

searcher likes this.
  22. searcher

Maybe their personal opinion? A way to attract listeners? Never gave it a thought until now. lol :beer:

pitw likes this.
  23. searcher

換到千般恨 v បងមិនល្អទេ អូនជ្រើសគេទៅ ~ Chinese Khmer Songs Special
    Heng Heng Chhay

Published on Dec 17, 2016

24. searcher

THE NASHVILLE TEENS - 1965 - "Tobacco Road"
    GoldenGreatsOldies24

Published on Dec 18, 2016

The Nashville Teens are an English rock band, formed in Surrey in 1962. They are best known for their 1964 hit single "Tobacco Road", a top 10 UK hit and a top 20 hit in the United States.

^updated^ likes this.
  25. searcher

THE BYRDS - LIVE 1967 - "He Was A Friend Of Mine"
    GoldenGreatsOldies24

The Byrds were an American rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California in 1964. The band underwent multiple lineup changes throughout its existence, with frontman Roger McGuinn (known as Jim McGuinn until mid-1967) remaining the sole consistent member, until the group disbanded in 1973. Although they only managed to attain the huge commercial success of contemporaries like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and the Rolling Stones for a short period (1965–66), the Byrds are today considered by critics to be one of the most influential bands of the 1960s. Initially, they pioneered the musical genre of folk rock, melding the influence of the Beatles and other British Invasion bands with contemporary and traditional folk music. As the 1960s progressed, the band was also influential in originating psychedelic rock, raga rock, and country rock.

The band's signature blend of clear harmony singing and McGuinn's jangly twelve-string Rickenbacker guitar has continued to be influential on popular music up to the present day. Among the band's most enduring songs are their cover versions of Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man" and Pete Seeger's "Turn! Turn! Turn! (to Everything There Is a Season)", along with the self-penned originals, "I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better", "Eight Miles High", "So You Want to Be a Rock 'n' Roll Star", "Ballad of Easy Rider" and "Chestnut Mare".

The original five-piece lineup of the Byrds consisted of Jim McGuinn (lead guitar, vocals), Gene Clark (tambourine, vocals), David Crosby (rhythm guitar, vocals), Chris Hillman (bass guitar, vocals), and Michael Clarke (drums). However, this version of the band was relatively short-lived and by early 1966, Clark had left due to problems associated with anxiety and his increasing isolation within the group. The Byrds continued as a quartet until late 1967, when Crosby and Clarke also departed the band. McGuinn and Hillman decided to recruit new members, including country rock pioneer Gram Parsons, but by late 1968, Hillman and Parsons had also exited the band. McGuinn, who by this time had changed his name to Roger after a flirtation with the Subud religion, elected to rebuild the band's membership and between 1968 and 1973, he helmed a new incarnation of the Byrds, featuring guitarist Clarence White among others. McGuinn disbanded the then current lineup in early 1973, to make way for a reunion of the original quintet. The Byrds' final album was released in March 1973, with the reunited group disbanding soon afterwards.

Several former members of the band went on to successful careers of their own, either as solo artists or as members of such groups as Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the Flying Burrito Brothers and the Desert Rose Band. In the late 1980s, Gene Clark and Michael Clarke both began touring as the Byrds, prompting a legal challenge from McGuinn, Crosby, and Hillman over the rights to the band's name. As a result of this, McGuinn, Crosby, and Hillman performed a series of reunion concerts as the Byrds in 1989 and 1990, and also recorded four new Byrds' songs.

In January 1991, the Byrds were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an occasion that saw the five original members performing together for the last time. McGuinn, Crosby, and Hillman still remain active but Gene Clark died of a heart attack in May 1991, and Michael Clarke died of liver failure in December 1993.

^updated^ likes this.
  26. searcher

BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD - LIVE 1967 - "For What It's Worth"
    GoldenGreatsOldies24

Buffalo Springfield was an American-Canadian rock band, formed in Los Angeles in 1966. Their original lineup included Stephen Stills (guitar, keyboards, vocals), Dewey Martin (drums, vocals), Bruce Palmer (electric bass), Richie Furay (guitar, vocals), and Neil Young (guitar, harmonica, piano, vocals).[1] Pioneering the folk rock genre, Buffalo Springfield, along with the Byrds, combined elements of folk and country music with British invasion influences into their early works. Their second studio album, Buffalo Springfield Again, marked their progression to psychedelia and hard rock.[2]

With a name taken from a steamroller, the group signed to Atlantic Records in 1966 and released their debut single “Nowadays Clancy Can’t Even Sing" - a regional hit in Los Angeles. The following January, the group released the protest song they were most prominently known for, "For What It's Worth". After various drug-related arrests and line-up changes, the group decided to break up in 1968. Stephen Stills went on to form the folk rock supergroup Crosby, Stills & Nash with David Crosby of the Byrds and Graham Nash of the Hollies. Neil Young had launched his successful solo career and reunited with Stills in Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young in 1969. The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997.

^updated^ likes this.
  27. searcher

SIMON & GARFUNKEL - LIVE 1967 - "Homeward Bound"
    GoldenGreatsOldies24

Simon & Garfunkel were an American folk rock duo consisting of singer-songwriter Paul Simon and singer Art Garfunkel. They were one of the most popular recording artists of the 1960s and became counterculture icons of the decade's social revolution, alongside artists such as the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and Bob Dylan. Their biggest hits—including "The Sound of Silence" (1964), "Mrs. Robinson" (1968), Bridge over Troubled Water" (1969), and "The Boxer" (1969)—reached number one on singles charts worldwide. Their often rocky relationship led to artistic disagreements, which resulted in their breakup in 1970. Their final studio record, Bridge over Troubled Water (released in January of that year), was their most successful, becoming one of the world's best-selling albums. Since their split in 1970 they have reunited several times, most famously in 1981 for the "The Concert in Central Park", which attracted more than 500,000 people, the seventh-largest concert attendance in history.

The duo met as children in Queens, New York, in 1953, where they learned to harmonize together and began writing original material. By 1957, under the name Tom & Jerry, the teenagers had their first minor success with "Hey Schoolgirl", a song imitating their idols The Everly Brothers. Afterwards, the duo went their separate ways, with Simon making unsuccessful solo records. In 1963, aware of a growing public interest in folk music, they regrouped and were signed to Columbia Records as Simon & Garfunkel. Their début, Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M., sold poorly, and they once again disbanded; Simon returned to a solo career, this time in England. In June 1965, their song "The Sound of Silence" was overdubbed, adding electric guitar and a drumkit to the original 1964 recording. This later version became a major U.S. AM radio hit in 1965, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100. Simon & Garfunkel reunited, releasing their second studio album Sounds of Silence and touring colleges nationwide. On their third release, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (1966), the duo assumed more creative control. Their music was featured in the 1967 film The Graduate, giving them further exposure. Bookends (1968), their next album, topped the Billboard 200 chart and included the number-one single "Mrs. Robinson" from the film. After their 1970 breakup following the release of Bridge over Troubled Water, they both continued recording, Simon releasing a number of highly acclaimed albums, including 1986's Graceland. Garfunkel also briefly pursued an acting career, with leading roles in two Mike Nichols films, Catch-22 and Carnal Knowledge, and in Nicolas Roeg's 1980 Bad Timing, as well as releasing some solo hits such as "All I Know".

Simon & Garfunkel were described by critic Richie Unterberger as "the most successful folk-rock duo of the 1960s" and one of the most popular artists from the decade in general. They won 10 Grammy Awards and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990. Their Bridge over Troubled Water album was nominated at the 1977 Brit Awards for Best International Album and is ranked at number 51 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

^updated^ likes this.
  28. searcher

SIMON & GARFUNKEL - LIVE 1967 - "The Sounds Of Silence"
    GoldenGreatsOldies24

^updated^ likes this.
  29. searcher

Celtic Music - Síocháin Shuthain
    Adrian von Ziegler

Published on Dec 19, 2016
    You can get the song here, together with all my other music, the song number is 282:
    https://adrianvonziegler.bandcamp.com...
    You can also support me and my music directly on Patreon if you wish:
    https://www.patreon.com/AdrianvonZiegler

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AdrianvonZiegler
    iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/artist/adrian...
    Bandcamp: http://adrianvonziegler.bandcamp.com/
    Real CD's: http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Adrianvo...
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AdrianVZiegler

This song is something very special for me, because I wrote it for a few amazing people personally, as a gift. So…
    In about October a guy named Chris wrote me, with a very personal letter. I am so ashamed to say that I nearly lost the email in the long list of unread emails, but he sent me reminders thankfully.^^ He said that he and his brother Geoff are huge fans of my music and he had a story to share which he hoped I might appreciate knowing about (which I certainly did!). Although he never asked me to make a song, and I also never did that for anyone except Carina, after reading what he wrote and seeing the photos he also shared with me, I just felt that I want to give this family something from the heart. To the brothers and to their mum.

The two brothers, Chris and Geoff, lost their mum to brain cancer in May this year, after a long battle in which both have cared and fought for her with such dedication that it just moved me so much. He wrote a lot of details about these painful months but I sadly can’t recite everything here because there is a text limit. The final part of his letter I want to show however, because this just moved me to tears, and I knew after reading this that I want to make them a gift:
    “Then a week later, May 27th, was the last day my mom spent on this Earth. This day was the longest, most difficult day I'll ever have to endure.

My brother, my mom and me were together in her room for over 12 hours as she endured chain-stoke breathing. With the breathing and the oxygen machine on, it wasn't the most pleasant of atmospheres to say the least. I brought my laptop upstairs and YouTub'ed Celtic music (her favourite). We came across your 2 hour Celtic playlist and looped it over 5x. At 8:28pm EST my mom took her last gasp of air and my brother and I held both her hands and were hugging her while telling her it was ok to let go and we'll behave and see her soon and to take care of Ritchie for us (we lost our older brother to drugs 15 years ago). She let go and it was over, just 5 months after Christmas.

My brother and I now live in her house, and we're getting by. We went through a big mourning period, and it's still tough and there's not a day that goes by without me wanting to see/talk to her. But I guess everyday it gets easier, but it's not that linear. Not by a long shot.

On nights when we drink in mom's kitchen we always seem to play your music and we cry like two big babies. But it's your music which reaches into our souls and takes to that place where we feel comfortable, and for that we both thank you. Your music will FOREVER be in our hearts, and kindly know that two of your fans helped ease the pain of a life-death experience in the best way any human on this Earth could have done.

On that day, you filled the room with magic, wonderment and love. Again, thank you so very much. I bet my mom would even thank you if she could!”

Chris originally asked if I can maybe give him an autograph to give to Geoff as Christmas surprise, but I decided to make a whole song instead, and for all of them.^^ But since this all started because Chris wanted to surprise Geoff for Christmas: Merry Christmas Geoff, I hope you like the song! =)

And thank you so much again Chris, for writing me, and for sharing this extremely important story. Knowing about this, about you guys, and your amazing mum, means so much to me. Merry Christmas to you! =)

AND of course Merry Christmas, Yule or simply a merry time to all of you, I hope you all have a wonderful night/day wherever you are, and hope that you’re happy and in good health. =)

(The song title is Irish Gaelic by the way and is translated into “lasting peace”.)

All music composed and arranged on keyboard, by myself as always.

The artwork was created by this great artist:
    https://www.facebook.com/laurilohipho...
    © All audio material is copyrighted by Adrian von Ziegler.

30. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech

31. searcher

The Doors - End Of The Night (1967) HQ
    MUNROWS RETRO

Published on Dec 21, 2016
    From their first LP, The Doors, released in January 1967. This is the only other track with the word "End" in the title. The entire album is excellent, perfect actually, and probably their best. Every track is fantastic. Of the slower songs, this dark, dreamy melody is my favorite ... and not often played for some reason. It always seems to get upstaged by "The Crystal Ship" and "The End" ... but it is as deserving of attention. Welcome to the first day of winter.

32. searcher

The Outlaws - (Ghost) Riders In The Sky (1980-81) HQ
    MUNROWS RETRO

Published on Dec 19, 2016
    One of my all-time favorite party tunes from the early 1980s ... one bar patrons loved to hear whenever I sprang it on them off the Ghost Riders album (which I still have on vinyl, although this recording is digital). Somehow seems appropriate as winter is already making itself felt ... time for a good old-fashioned ghost story, country/western style. This song, written in 1948 by Stan Jones, was covered many times over the years before The Outlaws covered it in 1980 ... and it has continued to be covered variously ever since. But to me, this will always be the definitive rock version. The song reached #31 on Billboard's Hot 100 on March 7, 1981.

^updated^ likes this.
  33. searcher

Heart - Crazy On You (1976) HQ
    MUNROWS RETRO

Published on Nov 30, 2016
    I haven't done many mid-70's videos for some reason. The ones I have done were blockbuster hits though, like Andrea True's "More, More, More," Grand Funk's "Bad Time," Blue Oyster Cult's "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and Boston's "More Than A Feeling." This song by Heart should definitely be on some Top Ten best of the 70's or at least best of the mid-70's list. The first time I ever heard it my reaction was along the lines of "Wow, what am I hearing?" "Crazy On You" more than any other Heart song completely swept me away. There would be more, much more to come, all songs I would love, like "Magic Man," "Barracuda," and "Straight on," but this one would be difficult to better or best. Nancy Wilson's acoustic guitar intro alone, very complex and energetic, made this hit single one of a kind.

I have done a combined synchronization from a live concert and dramatization of certain verses and one chorus for this video, similar to my treatment of Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain." However, the messages in this video run much deeper than relationships although involving relationships as well.

"Crazy On You," track 3 from Dreamboat Annie, was released as a single in April 1976. It peaked at #35 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at #40 on Cash Box on June 12, 1976.

^updated^ likes this.
  34. searcher

35. searcher

36. coopersmith

coopersmith for fuck sake.......... Silver Miner

37. searcher

Best Romantic Guitar Music 6 ~ Have You Ever Seen The Rain
    Heng Heng Chhay

Published on Dec 23, 2016

38. searcher

IT'S MY PARTY--LESLIE GORE (NEW ENHANCED VERSION) 720P
    cinematic35

Published on Dec 23, 2016
    I had some requests for Leslie Gore which I like cause I grew up with her songs. I don't have any of her songs on CD except this one which was on a oldies compilation a friend lent me.

^updated^ likes this.
  39. searcher

把悲傷留給自己 Leave The Sadness To Myself ▶ Beautiful Chinese Romantic Music
    Heng Heng Chhay

Published on Dec 24, 2016
    把悲傷留給自己 Leave The Sadness To Myself ▶ Beautiful Chinese Romantic Music

December 24, 2016 ~
    I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year 2017!! May all be blessed with a good health, good fortune, prosperity, a successful career and always find happy moments. Cheers!! ☃♥

Playlist ➜ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Share this Video ➜ https://youtu.be/YpBK_2YOjIE

Subscribe For More Music ➜ http://goo.gl/9Bm2hV

演唱 Artist: 孫露 Sun Lu

40. searcher

Hank Williams - Jambalaya (On The Bayou) (1952) HQ
    MUNROWS RETRO

Published on Dec 26, 2016
    One of my big favorites by the great Hank Williams .. it's been a while since I did a video of one of his songs. Only a few live televised songs by Hank survive .. and this was not one of them unfortunately. Still, got a bit of "live" feel mixed with some nice 50's documentary material thanks to a tribute band and a dancing couple keeping time to this toe-tapping sing-along. Yeah, had to synchronize their performances. As we approach the new year, "Jambalaya" perhaps may be one song for your celebration playlists.

This hit song was recorded in June 1952 and released the following month. "Jambalaya" peaked at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart on September 6, 1952 where it remained at the top for 14 weeks. It also went to #20 on Billboard's three major pop charts that year (Billboard did not have a unified, all-encompassing popularity chart until 1955). Jo Stafford and Brenda Lee both did successful covers of the song, Stafford's version reaching #3 on Billboard's pop charts in November 1952.