1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Naw man, thats okay nevermind.

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Josey, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Josey

Josey Silver Member Silver Miner

Sitting in my favorite dinner today.
    I was the only one in there so I seen no harm in asking if the tv could be turned to foxnews. The kid helping his mother in the place cause he is a loser at life in general goes to bitching about how they hate fox news. Of course I know what he was really saying, without saying it.
    He acted all like it was hard to find on the guide I heard him grunting like it was breaking his arm. No, No, I'll find it. He did and left it all of about 5 minutes before turning it. Really what I should have said rather than “Naw man, thats okay nevermind.” Was the msnbc was making me lose my appetite.

Don't know why I'm sharing this other than to say, They're everywhere.

I also kicked a family member off my facebook today after reading his anti-gun babble. I suppose I cemented his view that I am a redneck.

:realmad:

2. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

i might have spilled something on my way out. give the customer his channel w/out any flack --- dumbass

3. vichris

vichris Seeker Seeker

currently work as an enegy plant operator.
    I've taken up the mantra......dont thown your pearls before the swine. As soon as I walked in and saw MSNBC I would have turned around and walked out. I would have said MSNBC????? Not spending my hard earned cash here.

I will not give my money to those I oppose.

Scald, Spike, DodgebyDave and 3 others like this.
  4. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

Vote with your wallet (that's how the big boys do it right?)
    But make sure they know why you aren't coming back.

On a related note, I & my family before me have gotten the local newspaper to this address for the last 70 years or so.
    The headline spin & editorials have gotten more pro Obama & anti gun over the years to where I would get pissed off just at the thought of opening the paper.

When this years renewal arrived, I stuffed a short note about why I was cancelling in the payment envelope & mailed it in.

The final straw was the local news story of how brave the husband of the publisher (recently here from Colorado) was, for walking to DC to protest "assault Weapons".

I'll miss having the newsprint handy for lighting the woodstove, but I'll scrounge something else up.

EO 11110, gringott and JFN111 like this.
  5. JFN111

JFN111 Silver Member Silver Miner

Having grown up in a newspaper family, my dad was a political writter for both TC's newspapers, I've about reached that point myself.
    Every time I read the editorial page and their tax more and spend more philosophy I have to ask myself why I'm continuing to support this BS.:vollkommenauf:

6. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    I thought the TV in a business was for the customers, not the employees.
    I don't know about the OP, but I would not go back to that diner. I would let them know, however, in a short note to the owner - not the kid, why they lost your business.

Tinbox likes this.
  7. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

PHP:
    Josey,

Why were you sitting in your food? :vollkommenauf:

If you were to tell that kids parents that you did not like the service you were getting from their help and why you may not being eating there any longer, it may make a difference. If not, find a more accomodating place to eat.

The only paper I buy is the Sunday edition for three reasons. The comics, the coupons and the editorials. Yes, our paper is full of anti-gun and pro Bama writers. One columnist that is a good person, I know him personally, has put some mention to anti assault weapons in his weekly rant. He will mention his time served in the Army seeing active duty during WW 2 and make his comparissions with that. He doesn't see the rights issue to it. :hmmmm2: Another was going on about how the fiscal cliff would cut General Dynamics jobs. What I get from that is that he is pro war.

Atleast they put one editorial in each edition from people that have an opposing view point. But they always get the letters to the editor saying how stupid they are.

8. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,Years ago there was a tecnique invented for dealing with similar situations with out all the fuss!:idea:

Back then befor credit cards :hmmmm2: you payed with actual dollar bills :thumbs_up: and if you got bad service or in some other way were dissatisfied :realmad::thumbs_down: you took your water glass and placed a dollar bill on top of it then inverted the glass on top the table or counter and PULLED out the dollar!:cheerful:

IF you were extreamly upset :realmad: you put a penny in the water glass FIRST!:thumbs_up::ban-cha::banana:

When the glass was lifted the water gushed out --- making your statment of DISSATIFACTION with out you having to say a word! :551:

That don't work so good with credit cards they are too small :thumbs_down: and people have become accustomed to fast/poor service from people who believe that just showing up for a job INTITELS them to $10.00 an hour and any thing more SHOULD get a 15% tip for NOT spiting in your food!:ahhhhh::eating::realmad::cry_smile:

the DUCK :s9:

voodoo1951 likes this.
  9. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Gold Pirate Gold Chaser

disabled veteran
    If it was that loud and I couldn't sit with my back to it, I'd have asked them to turn it down so as I didn't puke in my food having to listen to it.

I'm the guy that always sits where he can watch the door with his back to the wall if at all possible. I don't like a TV going while I eat either, like to hear what people are saying to me.

Of course if I am eating in a place, and all they want to talk about is obumba, I wouldn't go back, might even get up and leave, save 'em from having to clean up the puke.

hoarder likes this.
  10. Oldmansmith

Oldmansmith Midas Member Midas Member

Environmentl Consultant
    I agree Dan, I know it is standard American Moron Procedure to eat while watching the idiot box, but I'm totally out.

Frankly I can't stand Fox either, except for watching "Reality Check" on Youtube.

11. hoarder

hoarder Midas Board Mmbr Platinum Bling

MSNBC is pure propaganda. As bad as it is, Fox News is no better.

Television in a diner is the mark of a low class diner. If I go to a diner and they have a teevee on, I generally don't return.

Oldmansmith and fasTTcar like this.
  12. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Watching the news on any TV is like looking threw coke bottle bottom glasses :36_1_37: obviously it is highly distorted and interpited and spun BUT :hmmmm2: at least it is a window distorted as it may be -- to watch what the ZOMBIES are doing and how they are being PROGRAMED and PREPARED for what TPTB have created and percipitated!:idea::thumbs_up::cheerful:

It is back ground noise but so is the WIND :ahhhhh: as a big STORM comes in :afraid: and to just totaly ignor it and chose to be oblivious :hmmmm2: is like refusing to ever use a hammer agen because you hit your thumb hammering in a nail!:thumbs_down::realmad:

It is just a reference point -- nothing more:thumbs_down: -- not a total picture of what IS -- just a snap shot of what TPTB want people to believe what "IS" is! :idea::thumbs_up::23_28_100s::cheerful:

Hope+Change likes this.
  13. voodoo1951

voodoo1951 Silver Member Silver Miner

Duckman, I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid too! Just to piss off some snotty waitress. I also used to take the caps off the salt and pepper shakers, turn em' upside down and set the caps back on top. They looked just like a regular S&P shaker sittin' there on the counter, until the next person went to pick em' up. Ooops, more work for the snotty waitress. Next up. we would unscrew the lid on the sugar shaker and just set it back on top without screwing it back on so the next guy to pour sugar in his coffee wound up pouring the whole bottle all over the place. Ahhhh... It was a blast growin' up as a kid in the 50's in NYC. Thanks for evoking some long forgotten memories...!!!

14. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,voodoo1951,Now you know why some one invented the little paper onvelopes of sugar!:idea::thumbs_up::cheerful::ban-cha::banana:

15. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    I spend $1 FRN every Sunday for the local uber-liberal rag for the following reasons:

1. My son and I enjoy the comics.

2. I actually want to know the extent of propaganda being fed to the sheople (my TV is already dead) because the Sunday paper provides a bulk summary of the week's bravo sierra.

3. It provides almost one full inch thickness of drop-cloth, bird-cage liner and other assorted uses for a desiccant.

Rcpb2000 likes this.
  16. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,One other reason you may not be aware of:hmmmm2: --- news print can be used as a starel surface for emergency operations :idea: -- it soalks up blood and other body fluids and the print on the paper killes germs! :idea::thumbs_up::23_28_100s::cheerful:

Unfortunately the catalogs and junk mail is not as usefull and even hard to burn!:thumbs_down::realmad:

specsaregood and Rcpb2000 like this.
  17. roadkill

roadkill New Member

manager
    IF YOU KNEW HOW MANIPULATED WE ARE. I now get my news from RT on 280 on DISH.
    Russia Today it has like 1,800,000 American users!

18. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

i did the same thing. the local rag attacked ron paul relentlessly using some neocon b-tch from the so-called tea party and the collectivist editor of the paper. they would take turns on him

and this was in ron paul's district during his last prez run

glockngold likes this.
  19. Ishkabibble

Ishkabibble Gold Member Gold Chaser

The request is like asking for water-boarding instead of the rack. Both are torturous.

MSNBC, Faux News... they serve only one purpose for me. They demonstrates how the plebs are being manipulated. Can't handle too much of 'em though. They're like rotten milk. Consume a little and you'll just become wise to it, but any sizable quantity will leave you a vomiting wretch.

My request would have been much simpler. Turn the idiot box off.

20. Josey

Josey Silver Member Silver Miner

Ha Ha Ha, you never seen farm animals eat?

Thanks’ for allowing me to vent a little, and the laugh hammerhead.
    I know Fox news is in on the fix but it is really all we have as far as main stream goes. Not unlike the NRA in a lot of ways, but in this day and age you take what you can get. I don't have television at home and it has been a long time I just wanted to check it out while I ate. The punk kid who I’d say is about 20 is a loser, the immigrant that owns the “diner where I eat" believes in hard work to survive and has complained to me many times that she can’t get him to do anything productive. Hence the reason she has him in the diner doing dummy work.

21. Alric

Alric Midas Member Midas Member

I can agree with that, it is pretty rare to even see a tv in a diner. Usually if you see a tv it isn't really a diner but a bar and they are not playing news on it. Come to think about, I have only ever once seen a tv in a diner. Some small pizza place and I think they got most of their business as take out.

22. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

PHP:
    Glad I made you laugh and you didn't get offended. :bear_thumb:

I haven't had cable for probably 8 months. Being practicaly deaf, I really don't miss it much. Although I do miss The Weather Channel. If not for the forcasts, they do have some good looking female meteorologists. (Did catch a quick forcast from Jen Carfagno today) :fisheye:

Hopefully the kids parents will soon say to him, "You go now". Be the best way to teach him.