1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

NBC’s Today Kicks Off Biden 2020 Campaign With Fawning Fanfare

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Goldhedge, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Oh Joy...

NBC’s Today Kicks Off Biden 2020 Campaign With Fawning Fanfare
    4156 Shares Tweet 68
    Reddit
    By Kyle Drennen | November 13, 2017 11:50 AM EST

Beginning a book tour for his new memoir, Promise Me, Dad, former Vice President Joe Biden was treated to softball questions from the hosts and a live studio audience on Monday's NBC Today. During the more than 20 minutes of glowing coverage, Biden was repeatedly pressed on whether he was running for president in 2020. The cast of the morning show was giddy at the prospect.

At one point in the 7:00 a.m. half hour interview segment, co-host Savannah Guthrie suggested the former VP would have been a stronger Democratic opponent against Donald Trump in 2016: “Hindsight is 20/20, but now President Trump dispatched 16 Republican opponents and Hillary Clinton. Do you think you could have beaten Donald Trump?”

Biden replied: “Oh, gosh, I don’t know. I mean, you know, the polling data at the time said yes and since then, but, you know, this is – I wasn’t in the race. You’ve got to be in the race, it’s a tough game.” Fellow co-host Matt Lauer jumped at the chance to push for a presidential run: “I’m glad you said that, you’ve to be in the race. Are you in the race for 2020? Thanks for setting that up, by the way. Are you in the race for 2020?”

After Biden tried to dodge the question, Lauer revealed: “We were in an Irish pub last night and I brought that up last night, ‘I said are you running?’ And instead of answering me, you turned to the crowd and you said, ‘What do you think?’” The Democrat claimed he was “joking” at the time, but Lauer insisted: “And you got a big round of applause. It sounded like a little informal polling to me.”

Guthrie urged Biden to consider it: “But you’re not closing the door on it?” Biden admitted: “No, I’m not closing the door.”

Later in the 8 a.m. ET half hour, Lauer proudly announced that Biden was “traveling around the country launching what he calls his American Promise Tour to engage with everyday Americans on a whole host of different issues. And we’re happy to say this is his very first stop.”

In addition to taking questions from the studio audience, viewers also sent in questions for the former Vice President on Twitter. Social media anchor Carson Daly touted: “And we’ve got one here from Patricia that says, ‘Do you think your age will be a problem with voters in a presidential race?’” Guthrie chimed in: “Your birthday is next week, I might remind you.” Biden and the crowd laughed at the not-so-subtle 2020 promotion.

Wrapping up the gushing segment several minutes later, Lauer turned to the Biden-friendly group and asked: “Just an informal poll real quickly, does it sound like he’s running? Raise your hand.”Predictably, the entire audience raised their hands.

Lauer then threw to Al Roker for a check of the weather, but Roker couldn’t resist referencing his infamous bromance with Biden: “Well, who knows, maybe in 2021 he’ll come shake my hand along the parade route?”

The biased segments were brought to viewers by AARP, Jeep, and JCPenney.'

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...k&utm_medium=marketing&utm_campaign=nbc-biden

solarion likes this.
  2. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

You mean the same polling data that said Trump would never ever win the red team nomination? The same polls that said the Hildabeast had a 90% chance of winning the general? Those the polls you're referring to...creepy uncle Joe?

If foot in mouth Biden is the best blue team can come up with, then Trump will be a 2 term president.

Usury and Pyramid like this.
  3. Pyramid

Pyramid Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

My sentiments as well. Not wishing ill will on Crazy Uncle Joe, but he will be 77 in 2020. His window for presidency was last year and has come and gone. He would be another irrelevant, idiot, POS globalist candidate like Howard Dean, Jeb Bush, and many others that are really uniparty scum. Not to mention he will inevitably suffer from "open mouth, insert foot" syndrome that he is so famous for. I strongly believe that the Democraps will roll out Elizabeth Warren (commie Bernie clone) with a token Black or Hispanic guy as VP in 2020...no offense to Blacks or Hispanics.

Mr Paradise and solarion like this.
  4. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

ha ha! bring it on. biden v chump debates? too good to be true

Usury likes this.
  5. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

A Joe Biden/Michelle Obama ticket is what I'm guessing at this stage. With an understanding amongst the DNC elite that Joe will resign his position 9 months into term due to "health" reasons if victorious. If you see Michelle start getting "active" by summer of 2018 you'll know she's being groomed.

Probably the last election the DNC can get away using a white male.

6. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    Well, let's parade the 50 something women groped by Good Ol' Uncle Joe when they were young teens.

There are plenty of photos showing Joe groping little girls.

Oh that's right! REAL pedo victims have been conditioned not to talk.

At least we will have Mike the tranny entertain us during the campaign.

Fun times!

7. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
  8. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

9. EO 11110

this is smokescreen. in the new 2 party system....not going to happen.

1. gop

2. gwp (get whitey party)

the get-whiteys are not going to run a white man. something from the female and/or minority is the ticket

the_shootist and solarion like this.
  10. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Agree, and also as was mentioned crazy Joe will be too old. Not seeing a real deep bench over there for team blue though...a liarwatha or michael obama ticket seems like a real long shot to win at this point. Guess it depends on how the next couple years are perceived.

the_shootist and EO 11110 like this.
  11. EO 11110

tulsi gabbard, liz warren, keef ellison