1. Thurs am and USD regains some lost ground, now over 101
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thur Morning! To start we have Gold down 9 to 1202, while Silver is down 31 to 1695. We have Crude up on supply info after a big downswing, +31 to 5221. The USD is back above 101 at 101.12.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

New To The Forum

Discussion in 'Hello! New Member Incoming' started by lug1, Mar 6, 2016.

1. lug1

lug1 New Member

Heard about this forum on a gun board I belong to. I been buying silver for about 3 years now. Not huge amounts but I have a nice pile. Once the price started dropping I have purchased in larger increments. I have searched the ebay name brand stores, and comparesilverprices.com to find my best price on silver. I am not big into designer style rounds or bars. I just know brands (lbma type) stuff. Stick with Sunshine, RMC, OPM, Silvertowne, etc stuff. And I buy the closest to spot that is for sale. Interesting forum, enjoying the info I have read so far.

High Everybody,
    Lug

Scorpio likes this.
  2. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Welcome to the best board on the net!

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Hey up lug, welcome aboard,

We have all types here, with some that are really good with numi's and possible numi's.

Some looking for wealth preservation, while others looking for capital appreciation,

Its all good, whatever one is looking for out of metals

4. lug1

lug1 New Member

FYI, my reasons for buying silver right now....Someday a dollar might be worth kindling?? And leave a pile of shiny stuff to my kids. I am not a trader, I am a stacker, as I have read I think the term applies to me. As of this point I have no desire to sell what I have accumulated. If the price sky rockets, well, I might reevaluate on some, but my plan is to pretty much keep what I have. Hobby, fun, hedge call it what you will.

the_shootist and Goldhedge like this.
  5. REO 54

REO 54 Midas Member Midas Member

Welcome to the fun Lug1.

Came here by way of a gun forum did ya. I came here by way of a military vehicals forum. Important thing is you got here. A variety of points of views to learn and experience from.

6. lug1

lug1 New Member

I don't know if this is place to post about this, but I have an incomplete set of J.S. Marino firefighter silver rounds. Set was to go 1986-2000. I got to 1994. I lost track of the company, and never got the final rounds. I am a fireman, and this was my first overt silver purchase. I will see about posting a picture when I get more familiar. Anybody with suggestions about a better place to post on them I am all ears. Thanks for the welcome guys.

Goldhedge likes this.
  7. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Architect
    Welcome lug...I hope you brought your wallet, you're going to be needing it! Lots of great people here from collectors to investors to preppers who are very knowledgeable about PMs. I've learned a lot in the short time I've been here

8. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Architect
    ^^^I approve of this message!^^^

9. lug1

lug1 New Member

Got my avatar installed. It is a smith and wesson model 28 5" factory nickel plated. The hell you say, nope, it is a florida highway patrol model. One of 25 made. Given to my father in laws father as his duty piece. I use it for my avatar where ever I go. It is in a safe, and it is safe.

REO 54 likes this.
  10. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Welcome lug !
    Great to see you here.

11. JayDubya

JayDubya Gold Member Gold Chaser

Lug1, please PM me for instructions on, how much, and where to send your enrollment fee.