1. Have a great Memorial Weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Gone Fishin'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/27/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1268.30-- Silver $17.32-- Oil $49.80-- USD $97.36 --
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

New US Mint curved coin

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by Piggybank, Mar 14, 2014.

1. bulloncoins

bulloncoins Silver Member Silver Miner

The day that PCGS began handing out ms-70 like the other grading companies is the day I started selling off my PCGS coins.
    I have 9 - MS69 ASE left from what was once a (tied for) first place registry set. When silver returns to $30+ they will be on ebay.

No graded coins for me ever, ever again.

oldgaranddad likes this.
  2. Starter

Starter Silver Member Silver Miner

This is especially true for coins bought from the Mint in the last few years.

Although it may reflect lower grading standards, it may also reflect increased quality in the manufacturing process of the coins, as technology and processes improve.

I think this is one reason to be open to purchasing MS 69 coins, if their price is low enough compared to MS 70--the baseball HOF coins being a great example.

The price of a PF 69 gold coin reached a more normal level of 397 yesterday, almost eliminating the discount enjoyed by buying from this dealer (in the 2-3 week discovery period for this dealer's release of the 69 gold coins)...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-W-5-Go...925808?hash=item36077de7b0:g:95EAAOSwbsBXpP5a

I'll be looking at this dealer again from time to time, but for now it's time to move on...