1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Death Spiral

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Irons, Oct 22, 2017.

1. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    They had a great run then they self terminated as a result of greed and the inability to control their employees!
    [​IMG]

2. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

The difference is the black majority give the few good blacks a bad name VS the white minority give the majority a bad name.
    The blacks that apply themselves are ridiculed vs. the majority of whites that apply themselves are as fed up with those that don't apply themselves.

3. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

I agree otherwise the majority? I'm thinking it's the minority that's causing all the ruckus, all the way around
    The Useless Idiots and the MSM
    Much of what we hear or are lead to is from the MSM
    IDK what your experience is nor will I sympathize but I'll just say this, it ain't the majority of any American causing any of this shit
    O.K., the idiots need help and can get it but have to agree to it first
    and
    There are plenty of Confused-Americans

I'm Racist but, I'm here to help

You who know any, Confused-Americans, send them here:
    http://www.goldismoney2.com/

We'll correct them, put them back on the path to success and let them know their journey was just made a little bit better

Otherwise, I'm not sure I'm willing to admit any Majority other than American exists, just yet, let alone any majority black, majority white, majority alien; illegal or otherwise

Majority, what an overused word, hard to argue one way or the other with that word

But, don't be alarmed, I'm more feeding off of your word usage, not nazi-like, but just using your words to go somewhere a bit else

if only because this all begins a bit somewhere else other than where they want us to view it all from

4. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Which makes human conflict throughout history unavoidable!

Uglytruth likes this.
  5. Buck

I'll even add, I think "they've" run low of ignorant blacks who want to participate in any real big blow-out that's why the gays were added and the racists and so forth

It will all die out but where it comes out, in the end, is kinda critical

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  6. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Empty Seats Aplenty at Kickoff for the Start of Week 8

[​IMG]
    AP Photo/Richard Vogel

by DYLAN GWINN29 Oct 20177,842

In what has become one of the more predictable stories in all of sports, the NFL’s early games for featured plenty of empty seats.
    Finding Waldo, or anyone else, wouldn’t be much of a challenge in Cincinnati:

17h
    [​IMG]Empty Seats Galore @EmptySeatsPics
    #NFL #INDvsCIN RT @Dan_Zachary: Oh Cincinnati. You have Halloween figured out with all the fans dressed as empty seats. pic.twitter.com/v5NzGlvsHU

Follow

Indy-based columnist #NFL #INDvsCIN RT @GreggDoyelStar: Crowd for Colts at Bengals. pic.twitter.com/Wx74ujlz7o

1:19 PM - Oct 29, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

The fans in Tampa were not overly inspired either, despite hosting the rival Panthers in an important divisional matchup:

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow

Tampa #CARvsTB #NFL RT @realrockriley: Quite a few empty seats for #Bucs #Panthers

1:07 PM - Oct 29, 2017

The Jets and Falcons had plenty of room for late arriving fans. The only problem, they didn’t have many fans of the early or late arriving variety:

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow

Jets beat man #NFL #ATLvsNYJ RT @calvinwatkins: Empty seats. It’s raining

1:06 PM - Oct 29, 2017

Another parting shot of the Bucs-Panthers(NSFW):

17h
    Replying to @EmptySeatsPics
    So *now* you want context, huh? that's interesting. https://twitter.com/dem_deplorable/status/924685269017792514 …

Follow

Another #CARvsTB #beatoff shot for the MAGA crowd. #NFL(http://bit.ly/2hldrdl ) pic.twitter.com/bx9Rds2pES

1:35 PM - Oct 29, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

The picture speaks louder than the words in the caption. However, as loud as the picture speaks, there’s still no indication the NFL is listening. Fans have clearly decided they have better things to do on a Sunday afternoon, then watch bad football and activist players.

How many empty stadiums will it take before they listen?

Stay tuned for additional pics from the late games

7. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

NOT EMPTY ENOUGH, THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO SUPPORT THIS SHIT

8. Irons

East Coast Sports Reporter Leaves Lefty Bubble, Finds Out Middle America Really Dislikes the Anthem Protests

[​IMG]
    AP Photo/Maddie Myer

by WARNER TODD HUSTON29 Oct 2017New York, NY117

A sports reporter recently left his comfortable liberal bubble in New York City, traveled to the interior of the country, and was shocked when he discovered that NFL fans in fly over country really do hate the NFL’s constant anti-American national anthem protests.

Fox NFL writer Peter Schrager found out first hand that real Americans are pretty steamed about the anti-American NFL protests going on across the country. Schrager told his tale on WFAN’s Mike Francesca Show on Friday, Awful Announcing reported.

The New York-based reporter left the Big Apple for an assignment in Indianapolis, Indiana, and when he got into a cab, the driver asked him why he was in town.

Schrager proudly spoke up and perhaps fatally over simplified his job, by saying that he worked in the NFL. But that was a major mistake because upon hearing that, the driver pulled over and told Schrager to get out of his cab.

The driver proceeded to tell the reporter that he did not appreciate the anti-American protests going on each week during the playing of the national anthem, and he didn’t feel the need to do business with anyone representing pro football.

“You can get out of the car,” Schrager said the driver told him. “The NFL is dead to me. The NFL, the fact that these guys take knees, I will never watch the NFL again,” the cabbie added according to the Fox reporter.

Schrager went on to note that this was the first time he ever met anyone so mad at the NFL over the anthem protests. He said it was because he never meets anyone in New York that has an opinion contrary to the liberal agenda.

“It was the first time I had a real-life experience face-to-face with somebody who was that charged up about this issue,” Schager said. “And I said ‘Wow, that’s crazy.’ And the more you talk to fans who aren’t on the two coasts, the more you aren’t in blue-state territory, this is a real deal, and it is affecting the bottom line. And the owners are seeing this.”

Schrager’s experience and reaction is a clue as to why sports reporters are nearly universally liberal. They live only in left-wing enclaves on the coasts and don’t often venture out into fly over country.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...ds-middle-americans-dislikes-anthem-protests/

Hystckndle, GOLDBRIX and Joe King like this.
  9. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

exactly, still doesn't get it,

thinks anyone who doesn't have his POV is warped and incorrectly programmed

Uglytruth, the_shootist and Irons like this.
  10. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

What would you expect from a PROG Brainwashed Metro-Sexual.

11. Uglytruth

I'm DAM PROUD of that driver! Well done sir! :2 thumbs up::oriental::green tea::holding hands::thumbs up 2:

12. Irons

Fans Bail on ‘Monday Night Football’ As Ratings for Chiefs-Broncos Crash

[​IMG]
    The Associated Press

by DYLAN GWINN31 Oct 20176,665

No matter who dresses up as what at the NFL offices in New York, it’s not likely that their Halloween costume will scare Commissioner Roger Goodell more, than the ratings for Monday Night Football.
    According to Deadline Hollywood, “With a 7.2 in metered market results, last night’s MNF was down 9% from last week’s Philadelphia Eagles’ 34-24 triumph over the Washington Redskins.

“While not the season low of the October 16 battle between the Tennessee Titans and the Indianapolis Colts, last night’s Chiefs vs. Broncos match-up is very close to the previous MNF season low of the October 9 Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears games.”

Deadline Hollywood continued, “Year-to-year, last night’s Week 8 game was dead even with the Week 8 game of the 2016/2017 season when the Vikings and Bears pulled in a 7.2 MM rating in their October 31, 2016 match-up.”

Bad ratings are never good for the league, and will always cause concern. However, the numbers from the Chiefs-Broncos game should cause particular concern. Both the Chiefs and the Broncos were .500 or better, and both teams are longtime rivals in the same division. Which means, the game had playoff implications.

Not to mention that we’re now halfway through the NFL season, and, normally, by this point the league has gained some kind of consistent performance with the primetime numbers. Though, other than the numbers being consistently bad, that hasn’t happened.

Breitbart Sports, ESPN, Monday Night Football, ratings

spinalcracker likes this.
  13. Uglytruth

We should all take a little bit of comfort knowing the "silent MAJORITY" is speaking up with their wallets for these overpaid entertainers. Movies have been going in this direction for a long time so while the message is clearly being sent that the people are tired of the "actors opinions" they are trying to be both deaf and dumb about it........ just like the overvalued market & gold & silver prices.............. until they can't ignore it anymore. The people have had enough & refuse to pay for your opinion.
    Soon you will be able to wave a dime & say dance monkey & they won't have any other choice.

gringott and Irons like this.
  14. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

You can put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig.

15. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    The whole anti 2nd amendment thing pisses me off. I could care less about them standing and the people who are crying about it. The real criminals in DC and the MIC are literally killing the soldiers and stealing our money and people are more upset about spoiled athletes.

But the right to bear arms... I do care about this. The same people in DC and the MIC want us to be easily suppressed.

They also want us attacking each other and not them.

16. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

Ironically enough these players that weren't thankful for what they were handed on a silver platter will be taking pay cuts in the next couple years as the team revenue numbers come in and the NFL league lowers the team salary caps to offset the lost revenue.

17. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Take the player's money and fame away and what do they have? ZERO.ZERO!

18. Uglytruth

They were slaves under this [​IMG] and were freed by this [​IMG] and yet they still protest & vote to remain slaves.......
    Talk about a lack of edumication. Their next flag will be [​IMG]Central African Republic where I'm sure they will thrive.

gringott likes this.
  19. BigJim#1-8

BigJim#1-8 Silver Member Silver Miner

gringott, Treetop and Irons like this.
  20. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Sometimes it takes centuries for the truth to come out, sometimes just a few weeks.It's great watching the NFL failing miserably. They're been riding high in the saddle at the expense of Joe6pack much too long! Joe is responding more and more each week.

gringott likes this.
  21. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

From the article: Speaking on a conference call, Schnatter said that “The NFL has hurt us by not resolving the current debacle to the players’ and owners’ satisfaction." The Papa John CEO and Chairman adding that “NFL leadership has hurt Papa John’s shareholders.”

He should be more concerned about resolving the current debacle to their customers satisfaction. Not a word from him about them? Just players, owners and stockholders.

gringott, BigJim#1-8 and the_shootist like this.
  22. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Believe it or not Papa John's pizza sales, and it's effect on the economy and it's subsequent effect on Papa John shareholders, doesn't really keep me up at night

gringott and BigJim#1-8 like this.
  23. BigJim#1-8

24. lumpOgold

lumpOgold Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Hey! SF is 0-8 also! Woohoo!

I was thinking about grabbing a couple of $20 tickets just to check out the stadium, be even at that price I'd probably enjoy a movie more.

25. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    These NFL players are supposed to be the best of the best too! How can at least two of their teams, 106 players, be a combined nothing for 16 with all that talent on the rosters? Watching talent like this shouldn't cost $12 for a 12 ounce beer. Joe6pack is finally getting it. He's awakening from his football Sunday slumber and realizing all the money he's sending to these guys.

Edit correction: (I fat fingered the math re: number of players on 2 teams)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Uglytruth and lumpOgold like this.
  26. lumpOgold

lumpOgold Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

4 - 27 if you include the Tampa Bay Duds and the Indy Chokers, it pathetic when these guys make millions.

27. Joe King

For those that like football, try the LFL instead of the nfl

They make approx $40,000/year and pay is dependent upon ticket sales and win/loss record. Ie: the players have a vested interest in giving fans what they want and to play to win.

Edited to add:...and I'd actually rather watch an LFL tight end than an nfl tight end. lol

Irons likes this.
  28. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    These girls actually play hard and for keeps. They mean business!!

29. Joe King

No doubt.

30. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I'm a life long, card carrying member of the He Man Woman Haters Club however; credit where credit is due has always been my feeling on the subject!
    [​IMG]

31. Irons

It Begins… Papa Johns Pulls NFL Ads Citing ‘Negative Consumer Sentiment’
    November 1, 2017 by Jim Hoft
    Several NFL stadiums were nearly empty post kick-off the past few weeks as the NFL National Anthem controversy rolled into week 9.
    The Cleveland Browns stadium looked nearly empty before the kickoff against the Tennessee Titans.

[​IMG]

There is growing concern among NFL advertisers that this anti-American protest is affecting their sales.

[​IMG]

Papa Johns recently warned the NFL their sales are down this year during NFL games.

On Wednesday Papa Johns told the NFL they were pulling ads from the games.
    The consumer sentiment is too negative.

Pizza chain Papa John’s announced Wednesday that it is pulling its advertising associated with the NFL, according to ESPN’s Darren Rovell.

Per Jonathan Maze of Nation’s Restaurant News, Papa John’s founder John Schnatter said sales are down due to “negative consumer sentiment” regarding the company’s relationship with the NFL.

Schnatter also called the NFL “an example of poor leadership,” according to Maze.

A constant topic of discussion during the 2017 NFL season has been players’ decision to protest during the national anthem.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-nfl-ads-citing-negative-consumer-sentiment/

Alton, Glasgow and Treetop like this.
  32. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Money talks, bullshit walks!

Glasgow likes this.
  33. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

30 second spots are going to be real cheap come Stupid Bowl. Doubt any one would buy a 60 second commercial.

Alton likes this.
  34. GOLDBRIX

BigJim#1-8 likes this.
  35. BigJim#1-8

Blackhawks-3 Flyers-0

Houston Astros win World Series over L.A. 5-1
    Congrats Houston

GOLDBRIX, the_shootist, Irons and 2 others like this.
  36. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

Had they pulled their advertising before the TV numbers and pizza sales #'s came in, I might had been on board with their cardboard pizza. But given the fact that they didn't make their decision based on the disrespect the NFL showed toward our country but only based on $, I hope Papa John's continues taking a big dump.

Both Papa John and the NFL belong in the same sewer.

gringott and Aurumag like this.
  37. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    The whole economy is sliding into the sewer. The NFL is just the most visible manifestation. Economic loyalties are being re-evaluated, specially by Joe6pack, and all will suffer but the very upper tier.

Uglytruth likes this.
  38. Buck

Fixed it

arminius likes this.
  39. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Here ya go, the heman princess haters club...

heman princess haters club.jpg

gringott likes this.
  40. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

OH they definitely share the same sewer...

Jones has become a significant Papa John’s franchise owner, with the total number of stores owned by Jones in excess of 100 as of 2014.

PAPA JOHN'S AND BLUE AND SILVER ENTER INTO JOINT VENTURE AGREEMENT

LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 3, 2004--Papa John's International, Inc. (Nasdaq: PZZA) and Blue and Silver Ventures Ltd., an entity of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, announced today a joint venture in the Dallas, Austin and Waco, Texas markets effective July 26, 2004. As a part of the joint venture, Papa John's® becomes the "Official Pizza of the Dallas Cowboys" and a "Proud Sponsor of Texas Stadium." The joint venture was announced at a press conference at the Dallas Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, CA. Terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.

"We're excited to partner with Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization," said John Schnatter, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Papa John's International. "Jerry and the entire Dallas Cowboys group are a great team to collaborate with. Now the Texas market has two quality-focused organizations providing customers with superior-quality Papa John's pizza."

"We are officially in the pizza business with a star partner, Papa John's," said Jerry Jones, Sr., Owner and General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. "The partnership brings two top performers together in Dallas. We deliver great football and now we're delivering great pizza with Papa John's."

As a result of the joint venture with Blue and Silver, Papa John's maintains 51% ownership of the 71 Papa John's restaurants including responsibility for staffing, operational execution and facilities management. The two organizations will jointly be responsible for all marketing-related aspects of the restaurants. The partnership entity will consider opportunities to acquire or develop additional restaurants in these markets in the future.

The organizations will partner in marketing promotions including local broadcast and print media promotions, Papa John's pizza boxtoppers, in-restaurant point of sale materials, limited time offer new product introductions, Texas Stadium signage, co-branded restaurant staff uniforms, delivery vehicle co-branding and Dallas Cowboys game day activities.

About Papa John's:

Celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, Papa John's remains focused on using the highest quality ingredients to make its customers a superior-quality pizza. Papa John's makes the crust of every traditional pizza with fresh dough (never frozen) prepared with clear-filtered water in the company's regional quality control centers. Papa John's uses only fresh-packed tomato sauce made from vine-ripened tomatoes, which go from the vine to the can in an average of six hours; cheese made with 100% mozzarella; and other high quality toppings. Papa John's also offers customers cheesesticks, breadsticks and Papa's ChickenStrips.

In the five most recent surveys (1999 - 2003), Papa John's received the highest ratings among all national fast food restaurants in The American Customer Satisfaction Index survey conducted by The National Quality Research Center at the University of Michigan Business School. Papa John's was rated above the national average for all industries and ranked the highest in the retail sector. Papa John's has recently been recognized for local market Best Pizza wins in various cities across the country including Dallas, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Indianapolis, Orlando and Phoenix.

Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Papa John's International, Inc. (Nasdaq: PZZA) is the third largest pizza company in America. At June 27, 2004, there were 2,771 Papa John's restaurants (567 company-owned and 2,204 franchised) operating in 49 states and 16 international markets. Papa John's also franchises 124 Perfect Pizza restaurants in the United Kingdom. For more information about the company, visit Papa John's at http://www.papajohns.com.

About Jerry Jones:

Jerry Jones enters his 16th season as Owner and General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. His stewardship of the club has brought unprecedented results and success to one of the world's most visible sports entities. Highlighted by Super Bowl victories following the 1992, 1993 and 1995 seasons, Jones became the first owner in NFL history to guide his team to three league championships in his first seven years of ownership. In 1995, Dallas also became the first team in NFL history to win three Super Bowls in four seasons, while tying the NFL record for most Super Bowl victories by an organization with five.

On the league front, he has actively contributed to enhancing the NFL's status as the world's premier professional sports league by serving the NFL's Competition Committee, the Broadcast Committee, the Management Council Executive Committee and the Business Ventures Committee. His vision in the areas of marketing, corporate sponsorships, television, stadium management and community service has made a visible imprint on the landscape of sports in America.

Headquartered in Irving, Texas, the Dallas Cowboys Football Club has won five Super Bowls, eight NFC crowns and 19 Division titles in 44 years of existence. The club has made 27 playoff appearances during that time. For more information about the company, visit the Dallas Cowboys at www.dallascowboys.com.

Brett Daniels, 972-556-9954
    bdaniels@dallascowboys.net

SOURCE: Papa John's International, Inc.

http://ir.papajohns.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=405346