1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Death Spiral

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Irons, Oct 22, 2017.

1. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

I saw one of the games, all the coaches were wearing some military camo-style uniforms and they showed some of the players high-fiving military people before the game. During the same game, several players were doing the racist kneeling. I find it laughable that the NFL has come up with this as the solution to the problem...to tell the coaches to wear these camo uniforms.

FoundingFathers likes this.
  2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    The NFL is turning into the old WWF! Just a bunch of clowns making a racket and getting a few people to pay for the privilege of watching them make fools of themselves in front of the crowds.

Irons likes this.
  3. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

The NFL used to be considered on par with the WWF back in its early days. It didn't become so popular until the Super Bowl ear and was behind baseball until the MLB player's strike in the early 1990s.

GOLDBRIX, the_shootist and gringott like this.
  4. goldielox1

Clearly it was rigged in many cases just like the WWF. For instance Patriots seem to always benefit from new rules as the payoffs go on. Then they'll get a slap on the wrist after the playoffs are over. Then the rule will be changed so the championship looks legitimate. For instance the year they were caught videotaping Rams superbowl practice (2001?). Even in HS sports they would forfeit the game for something like that. Another year, they had the tuck rule where a fumble wasn't a fumble (2002?). Then they had to change the rule. Then they had deflate gate where the team tampered with official equipment during a game (this should result in a forfeit by anyone's measure of fair play) (2015?). A HS team would forfeit if caught doing this or having a single player out of 50 that was found to have cheated on his academics and been ineligible to play. Yet the only penalty was the Championship stood and one player had to miss a few regular season games the next year. It's quite amazing fans put up with these shenanigans. I'm sure the NFL drafts and game outcomes have been rigged as well just like the NBA was caught doing with the draft for Patrick Ewing and the referee that admitted they were calling and rigging games for financial gain.

nickndfl, gringott and Mujahideen like this.
  5. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    The patriots are a big reason why the nfl is tainted.

FoundingFathers and goldielox1 like this.
  6. goldielox1

I also read how the two teams in the 2002 Superbowl conspired to formulate the outcome. Gruden and his former assistent coach from the previous year Callahan were best friends. Gruden got traded away and they ended up playing in the Superbowl. Jerry Rice and Tim Brown talked about how Callahan took the original game plan that was given to the players by Callahan and was well formulated to their strengths and then Callahan switched it out two days before the big game (they had been prepping for the game for two whole weeks). Well the new game plan was the opposite of the original one and leaned heavily on their weakest matchups against Gruden's team. Both players are Hall of Famers and said this is totally unheard of (changing the entire playbook two days before the Superbowl). The game was an absolute blowout 51-10 or something. There is video of one of the defensive players laughing on the sideline telling his coach Gruden "all their plays are just like we practiced".

I wonder what type of payout Callahan got for throwing the game to Gruden?

Fast forward 15 years later, Callahan is now the top assistant coach for Gruden's brother who is a head coach in the NFL.

At least most of the MLB rigging scandals are from 100 years ago (Chicago Blacksox). The NFL is rigging games in the last 15 years!

Now you got a NFL team moving to Las Vegas. No conflict there lol.

Mujahideen and gringott like this.
  7. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Pats also cheated the Eagles out of a Superbowl - illegally taping their practice. After the game, several Eagles on offense commented how it was like the Pat's defense knew exactly where they were going. Actually, they did.

Regarding the Camo gear for the coaches - I believe that is part of an endorsement deal the NFL has with the US Armed Forces. Oh the irony.

The NFL needs a Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis type for Commissioner.

goldielox1 and Mujahideen like this.
  8. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

...................................... awinner.gif awinner.gif

That is all the NFL has ever been to me.

the_shootist likes this.
  9. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

With internet gambling sites practically worldwide anybody with an itch can place bets on anything. I see no problem with a nfl team being in Las Vegas. Vegas is far more regulated than bookies in Cleveland, Philly, Chicago, NYC, ....
    At least in Vegas there will be some inspection & investigations.
    Can't say that about the internet, and the cities / STATES where gambling is "ILLEGAL"

10. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    The Eagles had a crappy QB who puked all over himself trying to deal with the pressure of playing in a championship game, down by two scores took his sweet time going down the field between barfs! The Pats defense was only too happy to let them burn clock, which they did in magnificent fashion. Blame Eagles clock management, not the Patriots. That game was there for the Eagles but they just didn't have what it took to win that day! The whole Pats cheating... waaa aaa thing?? That's gotten very old and most of those crybabies are gone after last year's Tom Brady Revenge Tour (did you happen to catch the end of it this past February??). You're one of the last ones left FF...

Kiss the rings!! :belly laugh:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    BigJim#1-8 likes this.
  11. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

the head of nbc marketing recently said that A LIST of advertisers have threatened them - stop covering the crap or we too are dumping nfl

she went on to say that she doesn't blame them --- pissing off half the country is very bad for business

Irons, GOLDBRIX and BigJim#1-8 like this.
  12. goldielox1

The gubmint needs to ask for a refund as there was a breach of contract as soon as the league let its slaves disrespect the government.

13. goldielox1

That may be true but I believe last I heard, something like 50% of the sports wagering is through Vegas.

14. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Highly Regulated Vegas.

15. Irons

Scorpio, Glasgow, GOLDBRIX and 2 others like this.
  16. Irons

MORE NFL HELL=> Houston Texans & Los Angeles Rams Play To Near Empty Stadium (VIDEO)
    November 12, 2017 by Joshua Caplan 105 Comments
    The Houston Texans are playing the Los Angeles Rams at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum this Sunday and it looks like the kneeling controversy is still hurting attendance in a big way.

[​IMG]

Fox LA sports anchor Liz Habib took snaps of today’s game showing a more than half empty Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. The stadium is more than half empty well into the first quarter.

Tweet credits: Liz Habib

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Liz Habib

✔@LizHabib

Press Box seat #HOUvsLAR 1st Qtr.

4:10 PM - Nov 12, 2017
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-angeles-rams-play-near-empty-stadium-video/

Glasgow and GOLDBRIX like this.
  17. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

I read that last season the Rams averaged nearly 85,000/game attendance last season. What happened?

18. GOLDBRIX

J.K. are you being facetious ?

Kapernick [sp?] and the rest of the Multi-Million Dollar Talents that have only a TEN CENT BRAIN to work with or willingly be SHEEPLE for:

The False Narrative pushed by Black Lives Matter that Cops Kill Blacks on purpose.

FACTS indicate MORE WHITES get killed by cops than any other race yet that is still less than one percent of gun deaths for that race.
    FACTS show that DEATHS with GUNS is within the races. Whites kill Whites, Blacks kill Blacks, same with Asians, and Hispanics. All in the 90 percent range.
    Suicides take the second most. Interracial killings around 3-4% .

LEOs are involved in less than one percent across the board.

The numbers are posted here somewhere in another thread.

the_shootist, Irons and Son of Gloin like this.
  19. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Who, me? Why no, not at all. What would ever make you think that? :confused:

Irons and GOLDBRIX like this.
  20. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

What still irritates some are the fans who continue to show up

I'd say every bit as American as the rest of us, making their own decisions, regardless

I noticed today, NFL Pre-Game Veterans Day Celebrations and the National Anthem consisted of off-field video, at least on Fox
    I didn't watch, my wife was moving through channels and stopped, probably intentionally, and I heard the Anthem, got up to look, video shots of our Military and heard the National Anthem
    After, we spoke briefly, in some disbelief of the situation that wasn't being shown, she changed channels, I went back to working on what I was doing before I interrupted myself
    Game Score?

Who Cares except the Gamblers :don't    know2:

spinalcracker and Irons like this.
  21. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

When I see a game on TV I tell people to turn it off. They said it's just college. I said yea, thugs in training..... and more often that not they agree & turn it off. Ain't gunna change their lives in any way.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Irons likes this.
  22. GOLDBRIX

You BULLY You. :totally steamed:

23. Irons

The true number of dedicated Deplorables has got to be scaring the liver and lights out of the leftists.
    And WE are getting stronger everyday.
    Despite the leftist media's best attempts normal hard working people are waking up to the fact that WE are the vast majority and that WE have the power to change whatever we want in our country.
    Slowly but surely the left is losing ground and we are gaining supporters.

This is my favorite image from the 2016 election. The arrows on the bottom tell the entire story.
    Let the leftist suicides begin:

trumpwinarrows.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  24. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    I watched some NFL with my father yesterday:

Hard not to notice the coach and cheerleader camouflage clothing, as well as the empty seats.

I noticed a great deal of military air traffic yesterday as well, so maybe it was all part of a Veteran's Day weekend of events.

FoundingFathers likes this.
  25. Area51

Area51 Silver Miner Seeker

Regardless of the Chicken Little proclamations, NFL is still the most watched by far of all sports.

Highest rated sporting events this year will be Super Bowl #1 and the conference championships at #2 and #3.

26. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

yeah, down 25 percent is peanuts. carry on with the get-whitey hate agenda. please keep going. millions of our people have been liberated from this sh-tshow. need more.

white guilt is ebbing rapidly. skype and their achilles heel - greed.

pushed too far, too fast. they better start censoring and banning at double their current rate -- the cat is out of the bag

Son of Gloin and Buck like this.
  27. Area51

I see you've been duped into falling for the white v black race war narrative.

Pairs convenienrly with the Christian v Muslim, liberal v conservative, straight v gay, men v women battles - - anything to keep the peasants at war with each other.

Mujahideen, nowon and Uglytruth like this.
  28. Buck

Just curious:
    So you don't think any of this is in play all around us?

Son of Gloin likes this.
  29. Area51

Are you kidding me? Absolutely it's "in play" - - that's the whole idea.

Keep the peasants focused on fighting each other in whatever conflict fits - - black/white, Christian/Muslim, man/woman, liberal/conservative, straight/gay - - to distract them from the wealthy elites looting the place.

Remember that brilliant comment from Orwell? "The war is not meant to be won. It's meant to be continuous"

Uglytruth, Aurumag and Oldmansmith like this.
  30. Buck

It's late for me, things weren't making clear sense
    Probably time for bed

anyway,
    Thanks

31. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I wouldn't be so sure! You would need to look pretty long and hard to find anyone more loyal to the NE patriots than I am. They delivered in a way few teams have for their fans over the last 15 years. When the Pats pulled this kneeling shit, in game 3 I believe it was , that was it for me. The endless commercials, the dumb token sports bitches dressed like sluts, the foolish human interest stories focusing on yet another negro rising from the ghetto to fame in the NFL, and then the politics was enough for me to give up that nonsense. The incredible part is I really don't miss it. I watch the 7 minute replay highlights they have on jewtube after every weekend of games (because I still love the game) and notice all the empty seats for the first time that I can remember.

Don't kid yourself, the NFL has fallen off its high horse and they're hemorrhaging fans.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Son of Gloin and Irons like this.
  32. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Son of Gloin and Irons like this.
  33. Area51

Sounds like you'd enjoy the NFL a lot more if it had only white male players, only white male cheerleaders and only white male broadcasters. I don't like racism but I detest hypocrisy even more - - so I can at least appreciate the honest of someone who acknowledges they're a prejudiced racist.

As for the most watched sporting events of this year, I'll go all in that the Super Bowl will be #1 and the AFC/NFC championships will be #2 and #3. I'm absolutely positive on that, my friend.

34. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    We could do without the women in the pregame and post game shows too...to be completely honest!

Oh, the female cheerleaders can stay. No-one can call me a man who is beyond compromise!

35. goldielox1

Likely so, but sports viewership is dumping overall so the pie is smaller for all leagues. I would speculate that each pro league's championship games will be lower in viewership than last year's. Although perhaps with NFL losing more than the rest, some of the others might be slightly higher from gaining NFL share.

36. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

37. Irons

Miami-Carolina Registers 4th Worst Rating in the History of Monday Night Football

[​IMG]
    The Associated Press

by DYLAN GWINN14 Nov 20174,522

The one NFL broadcast partner that has shown consistent, albeit slow growth this year, has been Monday Night Football. However, after the Week 10 edition of Miami-Carolina, even that’s not happening anymore.
    According to Yahoo! Sports, the Dolphins and Panthers drew a 6.2 rating, the fourth worst rating ESPN has suffered since they began broadcasting Monday Night Football in 2006. Only one other MNF game this year did worse than Miami-Carolina, and that was the Week 6 Titans-Colts match-up, which drew a 6.1.

However, one can almost forgive the poor rating for the Titans-Colts game when you consider that it went up against the MLB playoffs. The fact that the Panthers and Dolphins were basically consistent with that low number without having to contend with something like the MLB postseason, has to set off alarm bells at NFL headquarters.

The game didn’t just do poorly nationally, it also flopped locally. The game recorded a 12.1 rating in Miami, a generally poor showing in a local market. That number looks even worse when you note that Saturday night’s clash between Notre Dame and the Miami Hurricanes, drew a 15.1.

The game also fell 18 percent from last week’s edition of Monday Night Football, and a whopping 22 percent decline from last year’s Week 10 MNF game between the Giants and the Bengals.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...h-worst-rating-history-monday-night-football/

Joe King likes this.
  38. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    ....and the hits just keep on coming'!!

https://theblast.com/jerry-jones-racial-video/

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones made a racial comment to a fan in a Dallas hotel after the man asked for a congratulatory message for his new fiancée.

The video was shot in 2013 at the Warwick Melrose Hotel in Dallas, Texas. Jones is walking near the bar and appears to be heading out of the hotel.

In the video, he’s asked to deliver a special message for the recent engagement or wedding of a couple who seem to be Cowboys fans.

Jones looks directly into the camera and says, “Jennifer, congratulations on the wedding. Now, you know he’s with a black girl tonight, don’t you?” He then busts up laughing.

We’re told the fan in question is white.

39. Buck

I don't really care for all this sensitivity stuff going on right now

However, I have never cared for the elites looking down their noses at us

I hope the owners have large pools of cash because their going to go through it, lots of it

40. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    NFL will be bailed-out by US because it is a strategic military recruiting asset.