1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Death Spiral

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Irons, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    The parts where he was saying the government and politicians are corrupt, military is misused, people oppressed (highest incarceration rate on earth) and they want us to sing along... I agree with.

I don’t understand how people view it as racist or say because he has money he should be quiet.

I do understand people don’t want politics thrown at them when they are watching sports. He was not standing for a while before anyone noticed.

2. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

i'll help you understand -- it's thinly veiled get-whitey hate operation. the players may or may not know this. part of the nyc judeo-bolshevist operation that began with trayvon, then brown, etc..

the effects:

1. nfl wounded (nba next?)

2. mad black people

3. black crime soaring -- many dead and injured across the country

4. white guilt shrinking at rapid pace

5. what hate for the haters rising

have to say the operation has been a success. and it's not over -- the bolshevists are pumping out movies, tv shows, writings - all with same underlying goals

Uglytruth likes this.
  3. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    I’d say that would be entirely on the media, not the individual nfl players.

Example... Trayvon martin started because a child was murdered in questionable circumstances and the police initially decided not to bring it to trial. That’s what the original outrage was about... then the media quickly turned it into something else.

The problem is the media warping the message.

Son of Gloin and EO 11110 like this.
  4. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

I agree with that too.
    Again, we're all imperfect people and we've allowed too many people that are even more imperfect than most to run our gov for us for far too long. Ie: this is what ya get when ya let the inmates run the asylum. lol

He comes across as saying that the flag itself is what represents the racism of the past and the current oppression he sees today. As in the way the Nazi flag actually represents what nazi's stand for. It's not the same thing. Our flag represents the ideals of the Founders that we unfortunately do not always live up to.
    ....and the only thing wrong with what the Founders founded, is the manner in which slaves were represented (and that there was slavery at all) and women not being able to vote. Other than that, what's wrong with it other than we don't make our gov actually live up to it? That's the biggest problem. It's not the document or the flags fault.

5. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    The flag does also represent the government. I don’t share his stance, but I see the logic.

6. EO 11110

agree. it is entirely media driven. they fool people all day every day. this one is especially insidious because of the violent toll on society -- dead and injured nationwide. the violent crime charts show EXACTLY when the soaring crime started. no coincidence it coincides with their operation.

the only reason that trayvon case was so outrageous is because the facts were hidden (and lies inserted by nyc.dc) while the hype was off the charts.

nyc.dc obviously had been laying in wait for a case they could run with. amazing they couldn't find a real case. instead, had to use one they could spin a web of lies around

7. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    My issue is people being caught up in the hype and not focusing on the real issues... and that’s what the media wants. Ironically EO, that’s what you’re doing, IMO.

Otherwise, again, I could care less about the snowflakes on either side of the spectrum.

8. Joe King

Isn't that what usually happens in most cases? Why should this time be different? If we, as a People, were diligent enough to care, we would have the gov we deserve. Same as we do now.

Edited to add: show me Congress filled with people who think more like Ron Paul and less like Pelosi and Ryan and all their ilk and we'd have a gov that lives up to the ideal. Or at least to a much higher degree than it currently does.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

you can stick up for them and present a bullshit argument to make it all allowable,

but the reality is, they are doing their protesting on private property while under employ.

They have zero rights to do this, and should be castigated as such.

@#$@# them and the nag they rode in on,

it is no different than if watching a hockey game, same point

so you are missing the big picture also by trying to find reason in the protestations, rather than the most salient points. It is not the time or the place for a player to put out their personal views.

in other words misdirection as always.

10. EO 11110

what are the 'real issues'?

here is my issue in one easy to read picture. nyc's incite the violent black demographic - a success story. the nfl/nba players are being used to promote this crap

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Irons likes this.
  11. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

What Carlos said.....

Carlos M Chapa3 minutes ago

Newspapers are supposed to be in the business reporting news, not trying to shape people's minds. Like NFL players too; they are paid to play football. We don't care what they think about the police or the country.

How about Hollywood actors? Well, I don't even watch their movies anymore. They are just abominable people. Sorry, but I can't even stand them...

Son of Gloin likes this.
  12. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Gawd, are you people still treating this as though it's important?

Aurumag and the_shootist like this.
  13. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

We are all imperfect but .gov seems to be a huge group that tries to pass themselves off as intelligent lawyers & know it all's but the reality is they are molesters, rapists, pedo's, liars, thieft's, crooks, cheaters, take bribes, screw businesses, create rules for everyone except themselves, accomplish nothing positive, can't balance a checkbook, spend money to enslave the population, make piss poor decisions one after another and in general are immoral degenerates with attitudes......... and they wonder why their hated.

Joe King likes this.
  14. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

The news, any news, is more opinion than actual news.

15. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    IMO, it is important each and every time an individual shuts off the boob-tube, if only for a Sunday.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  16. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

How is that racist?

17. Irons

Everything white people do or say is racist. I spent 48 ignorant years treating everybody I met pretty much the same never knowing I was a white privileged racist all along.
    It took hussein and the democrats 6 years to convince me I had been a racist the entire time. It was quite shocking at first, now I just run with it.

As a heterosexual married white male I am about the worst creature to ever draw a breath according to political correctness and the state run media. Fuck it I'm tired of fighting it.
    Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. Fuck with me and I'll burn your ghetto down and laugh.

nowon, Uglytruth, BigJim#1-8 and 3 others like this.
  18. Scorpio

even deeper than that Irons,

specifically white males are targeted big time. The media continues to showcase the destruction of a strong white male, always showing him as weak, effeminate, lacking authority, and of course, lacking in intelligence.

it is part of the overall plan to destroy the family and community ecosystem in favor of a external monolithic .gov solution.

EO 11110, Irons, BigJim#1-8 and 3 others like this.
  19. Irons

Yep. I haven't watched teevee in years but I can tell you what every show is about if you tell me the title.
    I can even describe the main characters without ever seeing a single show.

The married men are weak and stupid, only saved from ruin by a strong and dominant female and if there is 3 adult men in a scene one is black and one is gay.
    The straight married one is a cuck.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    BigJim#1-8, Glasgow and Son of Gloin like this.
  20. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Everyone here does realize that it's not about standing, sitting, clapping or pissing during the anthem. Americans get plenty of the Monday through Saturday every week. What America is pissed about is that the NFL has brought that into their living rooms on Sunday afternoons during football season now.

It's never been because of respect for the anthem. These fools think paying customers will hand around while ghetto negroes preach to them about their politics during every football game and the announcers lay it on thick! We now know they won't. Continue the arguments, the horses have already left the barn!

21. Irons

NFL HELL: Empty Seats Galore At Multiple Stadiums As Kneeling Backlash Continues In Week 11
    November 19, 2017 by Joshua Caplan 632 Comments
    The NFL is still reeling from the kneeling backlash. Week 11 games have empty seats galore at stadiums across the league.

The Kansas City Chiefs are playing the New York Giants and there are many empty seats visible.

“Wow. I have never seen this many empty seats here before. John Mara must be thrilled. #GiantsPride,” tweeted Giants fan Kevin McCleerey.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Kevin McCleerey @KevinMcCleerey

Wow. I have never seen this many empty seats here before. John Mara must be thrilled. #GiantsPride.

1:02 PM - Nov 19, 2017

Hollywood's Fresh Faces: Jessica Rothe

Sponsored by Connatix
    “Kickoff is just minutes away! WATCH #NYGiants Pregame Warmups presented by @Visa,” tweeted the New York Giants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]New York Giants

many more photos at link........ http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-stadiums-kneeing-backlash-continues-week-11/

Joe King and FoundingFathers like this.
  22. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Don't they only play 16 games a year?

23. Irons

Weak 11: Fans Finding Other Things to Do, Empty Seats Fill Stadiums Everywhere

[​IMG]
    AP Photo/Tony Avelar

by WARNER TODD HUSTON19 Nov 20177,005

With the NFL’s Week 11 action wrapping up, it quickly became clear that football fans had found other things to do as thousands of empty seats could be seen in stadiums from coast to coast.
    With TV ratings off nearly 20 percent over all and the networks already known to have lostup to $500 million in ad revenue, it is becoming clear that last year’s 12 percent decline wasn’t because of the raucous political season, a claim that served as the excuse for the 2016 season’s ratings loss.

The ratings slide is reflected in the skimpy attendance at the stadiums, too, with Week 11 photos showing that there are still empty seats galore.

To cite just a few:

As the Cincinnati Bengals beat the Denver Broncos, it appears that Denver fans stayed home from Mile High Stadium. Lots of unsold seats available:

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Arnie Stapleton

✔@arniestapleton

Whole lot of empty seats for #Broncos and #Bengals @AP_NFL

5:20 PM - Nov 19, 2017

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]david ramsey @davidlukeramsey

Lot of empty seats at Mile High.

5:34 PM - Nov 19, 2017 · Denver, CO
    http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...-things-empty-seats-fill-stadiums-everywhere/

Joe King likes this.
  24. EO 11110

tv reporting marshawn lynch stood for mexican anthem, desecrated US anthem

Irons likes this.
  25. EO 11110

Hystckndle and Irons like this.
  26. Joe King

Those at that price are SRO, or Standing Room Only. Ie: no actual seat and good luck getting a decent view.

Actual seats start at $78 each and that's for end zone nose bleed seats.

EO 11110 likes this.
  27. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Seriously though....it's the Broncos and the Bengals! I don't think we're talking Patriots/Giants (back when they were good) game quality tier here!

28. EO 11110

good catch. thanks!

strategy would be to buy the 14 dollar tickets and sit in the empty seats?

Joe King likes this.
  29. Joe King

I'm pretty sure they have people checking tix at the various sections, but you could always try and see what happens. I've snuck into the seating section at concerts a few times on a GA ticket to use a seat that no one was using.

30. Scorpio

actually not accurate

the lack of sold seats is causing them to dump tickets to try to put bodies in the seats.

packer/ravens tickets were going off cheap and lambeau never has tickets available except at big prices................until this year

NFL ticket prices plunge amid backlash over players kneeling during national anthem: Report
    CNBC analysis finds prices fell after mass protests following President Trump’s criticism

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/6/nfl-ticket-prices-plunge-amid-anthem-backlash/

Irons, Son of Gloin and Oldmansmith like this.
  31. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
  32. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

How have the owners hedged for this?

How does one hedge for one's own poor choices?
    Isn't that like doubling your loses?

:belly laugh:

33. Buck

and how much are the owners liable for on a weekly basis?
    are nfl teams that flush with cash they can afford this?
    the chargers owners have got to be hurting in their small stadium

34. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

This actually hurts the players more in the short run. Every few years they change the salary cap for the teams based on the revenues being brought in. Divide the revenues by 2 and the salary cap gets divided in half and the player salaries also will be divided in half. Watch for a player strike after the next update to the salary cap when it gets slashed in half. It will be funny to see the shocked greedy players reeping what they sowed. I wonder if they will think their stupid protest was worth a 50% pay cut to "stand on their principles". I doubt it lol.

Son of Gloin and Irons like this.
  35. Area51

Area51 Silver Miner Seeker

Does your workplace require everyone to stand for the national anthem prior to each work day?

Does your workplace have the laughable charade of military flyovers prior to each work day?

Quit playing the anthem and there won't be anything to kneel about. Very simple solution, my friend.

36. Buck

Right, and we know the US Gov is paying for this hero worship

Doesn't change the bad manners
    Character is being revealed and many don't like what they see so they don't participate in this entertainment venue
    Covering it all up, at this point in time, isn't going to accomplish any short term goals or appease the deplorables

goldielox1 likes this.
  37. Irons

NFL Ratings Are a Train Wreck — And There’s No End in Sight
    November 23, 2017 by Joshua Caplan 53 Comments
    The NFL continues to struggle as players from around the league are kneeling during the National Anthem. How bad is it? The NFL’s ratings are a train wreck — and there’s no end in sight.

Breitbart News reports:

Ratings for the National Football League have gotten worse as Week 11 passes in the rear-view, with the league losing one million viewers over the numbers from 2016 as protests during the national anthem continue.

Some analysts felt the ratings slump showed signs of slowing over week 9 and 10, but the downward trend picked back up for Week 11. With a loss of 6.3 percent compared to last week’s loss of 5.7 percent the loss of viewers deepened, the New York Post reported.

The 6.3 percent dip reflects a viewership of 14.9 million viewers, which is down a million from the 15.9 earned in Week 11 last year.

With TV ratings off nearly 20 percent for the season over all, the networks have reportedly lost up to $500 million in ad revenue. The ratings slide is reflected in the sparse attendance at the stadiums, too, with Week 11 photos showing that there are still empty seats galore.

Not only is the NFL suffering from poor ratings, but game attendance is down, as well.

Week 11 games had empty seats galore at stadiums across the league.

The Kansas City Chiefs played the New York Giants and there were many empty seats visible.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/nfl-ratings-train-wreck-theres-no-end-sight/

Buck, Son of Gloin and Glasgow like this.
  38. Scorpio

misdirection and doesn't apply, no response required,

misdirection and doesn't apply, no response required,

Buck, Uglytruth and Son of Gloin like this.
  39. Area51

Area51 Silver Miner Seeker

If you want to raise the argument of protesting on private property during hours of employment, let's compare apples to apples instead of going cherry picking.

I'd hazard a guess that there'd be people doing far worse than just taking a knee if the pomp and circumstance of the national anthem was played every day before work started. Unless you want to advocate against the 1st amendment.

40. DodgebyDave

DodgebyDave Metal Messiah Midas Member

My neighborhood gets some really cool flyovers, sorry that where you live doesn't!

I quit watching the NFL years ago, before the ref strike. Mostly because the officiating, in my opinion, is either purposely used to effect the outcome or just purely incompetent. Regardless, I find the games to be neither a competition or entertainment.

Irons likes this.