1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

NFL TV ratings get thrown for another double-digit loss

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Goldhedge, Sep 21, 2017.

1. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Was hoping Trump would appoint some judges to allow discovery on his real nationality, doesnt look like the swamp will let him

2. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

Considering Hillary prosecution was a slam dunk and also was one of his campaign promises and he did absolutely nothing with her, I wouldn't hold my breath on anything happening to Osama.

the_shootist likes this.
  3. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

............................. Are winning.

............... :2 thumbs up:

Ensoniq and Mujahideen like this.
  4. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Alton, Hystckndle and Irons like this.
  5. Irons

Government Vs. NFL: Organization May Be Forced To Return Paid Patriotism Funds Again
    TOPICS:Aaron KeselMilitaryNFLPropagandaTax

SEPTEMBER 28, 2017

[​IMG]By Aaron Kesel

Amid the kneeling protest during the national anthem, the NFL may be forced to return taxpayers’ funds. Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) on Tuesday called for an end to all federal government support of the NFL.

“I believe we ought to terminate all federal government support of the NFL,” Brooks told Breitbart News.

“That would include the termination of any and all advertising that is done on behalf of the federal government — military and nonmilitary — to the extent we do any.”

“The same thing with any other professional sport that insults our country and our flag and our anthem as the NFL has done,” he added.

The NFL reportedly receives billions of dollars in subsidies from local taxpayers and governments, CNN reported in 2015.

6. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Honestly guys, I loved the Pats! I was a season ticket holder in the mid 80's and huge fan of the game since the Steve Grogan and John Hannah days. I have so much enjoyed the Tom Brady era but now the whole league leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We've put up with enormous ticket prices and endless commercials during every single game....for the love of the game. All we asked for in return was that they just deliver the product and ONLY the product. Sunday is our day off!!!! Well, they got greedy and killed the golden goose. The NFL can't suck enough (sorry TB12, thanks for the great memories)!

7. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    this reminds me of a critter caught in a trap....just death and fur curing now.

8. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I just broke free. 5 rings is enough anyway, time to move on from this fantasy:2 thumbs up:

9. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

I would have liked it if the leagues paid the military to show up.

10. Garyw

Garyw The Military gave me Defoliant Exposure Silver Miner

tired and retired
    I only watch college sports anymore even with the corruption in college basketball and Patino.

11. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    College is just as corrupt and anti American. They just haven't had a chance to show it yet!

Alton likes this.
  12. michael59

20 years logging
    Got any of that whiskey left....dam ran out of beer. Me b out of here.

the_shootist likes this.
  13. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

So the average american is saying "hey should we return the government advertising and subsidies to NFL?". Why isn't anyone asking the real question: "why is the government wasting money advertising and subsidizing sports teams (or anything for that matter"

Oldmansmith likes this.
  14. michael59

20 years logging
    you ask why? one comb word...not being mean here at all...one word-porkchops.

15. latemetal

Cannon fodder is NOT walking in off the streets fast enough...a forever war needs endless men.

Aurumag likes this.
  16. Irons

Protesting America on Foreign Soil: Three Dolphins Kneel for Anthem in London, Saints Kneel for Coin Toss But Stand for Anthem

[​IMG]
    Getty Images/Henry Browne

by WARNER TODD HUSTON1 Oct 2017London, UK8,951

London was the scene of one of the largest anthem protests in the entire league last weekend, when over 20 players and executives from the Jaguars and Ravens took a knee, or raised a fist in protest. This week, however, the scene at Wembley Stadium looked far different.
    As the NFL’s Week 4 kicked off, the New Orleans Saints took a knee during the coin toss but stood for the anthem. Meanwhile, across the field, three members of the Miami Dolphins took a knee during the playing of the national anthem.

The three Dolphins who refused to stand were Kenny Stills, Julius Thomas, and Michael Thomas all took a knee during the national song.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...l-anthem-saints-kneel-coin-toss-stand-anthem/

Hystckndle likes this.
  17. Irons

NFL Fan Poll: 80 Percent Say They’ll Watch Less Football, 53 Percent Support Trump More

[​IMG]
    AP Photo/Matt Dunham

by PENNY STARR1 Oct 20178,122

The National Football League (NFL) may have more than a passing controversy on its hands as it continues to grapple with fans’ reaction to the players and staff “take a knee” protest during the national anthem before games.
    Yahoo Finance headlined its story about its poll with a finding of 62 percent of respondents who said they will watch less football — a percentage Yahoo determined based on how certain questions were answered or not answered:

“Here are the full survey results. The number of responses varies from question to question because some respondents skipped questions or were directed further down the survey based on answers they gave. A note about the results: In Question 9, 80% of respondents said they plan to watch less football on TV. But that’s only among people who answered yes to Question 8, asking if they have changed their behavior. When including the people who answered no to Question 8, the portion saying they plan to watch less football drops to 62%.”

But looking directly at results for each question on the survey also reveals that a majority of respondents said would watch less football and that they support President Donald Trump’s decision to speak out against the protests

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...watch-less-football-53-percent-support-trump/

Hystckndle likes this.
  18. latemetal

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  19. southfork

Im saddened that there are still so many people at the games, was hoping half would stay home.

20. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    The negroes millionaires just slapped their fans on the OTHER cheek again this week. There will be less in the stands next week....and the cycle will continue. Relax and enjoy the downfall of the NFL. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of thugs and criminals! I feel bad for the white guys!

southfork likes this.
  21. southfork

I hope your right, perhaps people bought the tickets and didnt want to lose the money. An online ticket sale place showed sales down 18%, was hoping for much higher and more sponsors dumping their ads.

edsl48 likes this.
  22. Irons

No worries, this will grind down slowly but grind down it will. People plan attending these games well ahead of time.
    It will really start to show when it becomes apparent that those same people have stopped including the NFL in their plans.
    By the time the NFL realizes how much trouble they are really in it will be way too late.

the_shootist likes this.
  23. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    I've long supported the Pats along with the wife and I will continue to do so even when they lose.
    Wait, what was that? They lost to them Panthers at home? Darn it> How are the Packers doing?

Hope the Raiders (who I hate) beat the Broncos, tho...

And the L.A. Rams (who finally came home) beat the other team I hate (Cowboys) so that balances out the Pats loss.

I'm kinda "meh" on the kneeling thing. I think it will pass and we will all forget about it unless the media hype pushes into a "shooting war"...which I hope not....really hope not.

SC

24. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    It's all happened before and will happen again sometime.
    In 1968 at the Olympics, two sprinters decided they would protest and showed the black power raised fist.
    220px-John_Carlos,_Tommie_Smith,_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

These three guys for the Cleveland Browns said it was just a big misunderstanding.
    The referee asked the direction to the bathrooms.
    Two guys said left and the other guy was clueless.

Cleveland.JPG

25. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I've been looking for a reason to put down the NFL crack pipe. As a life long Pats fan I've had more than my share of excitement and fulfillment. I walked away quite easily actually. This is two weeks that I couldn't care less about the Pats and surprisingly I don't miss it at all. I certainly don't miss the commercials and the boring talking heads!

SilverCity likes this.
  26. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I was checking NFL games when commercials came on during the movies I was watching.
    There were missing butts in seats especially the endzone areas ( working stiffs section). The sidelines seemed less than normal butt vacancies could be seen at every game I perused.
    What will hurt the most is if the TV ratings take another dip, which I believe will be out Tuesday. TV brings each NFL team more revenue than the Butt Count/Concessions Sales nowadays.

Irons and the_shootist like this.
  27. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Ben Garrison, one of my favorite cartoonists:
    Kneelers.jpg
    He even got Seattle in here.:D
    BF

Alton, GOLDBRIX, Irons and 3 others like this.
  28. Garyw

Garyw The Military gave me Defoliant Exposure Silver Miner

tired and retired
    The players in college are not millionaires

29. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    Military recruiting.

30. Irons

BOOM! Hockey Ratings Up 50 Percent Over Last Year as Kneeler-Ball Continues to Lose Viewers
    by Jim Hoft 100 Comments
    The NFL ratings continue to crash as the players continue their anti-military protests during the national anthem.

Ratings for Monday Night Football were down again this week.

Follow
    [​IMG]Dave Goodrich @dpgood56

'Monday Night Football' Ratings Crash, As Fans Continue to Bail on the NFL and ESPN - Breitbart http://bit.ly/2xPCa3a via @BreitbartNews

12:31 PM - Oct 6, 2017
    [​IMG]
    'Monday Night Football' Ratings Crash, As Fans Continue to Bail on the NFL and ESPN - Breitbart
    The NFL chose to embrace the anthem protests, of players who sought to use the league's national stage to disgrace the flag and the country.

breitbart.com

But hockey is doing well!

The Buffalo Sabres saw a 50 percent increase over last season’s opener this week.
    Via Reddit The Donald:
    Buffalo News reported:

The Buffalo Sabres had one victory Thursday night – in prime time ratings.

The National Hockey League team’s 3-2 loss in a shootout to Montreal scored a 10.9 rating on MSG over the three hours, which indicates fans are hopeful at the start of the season. The rating peaked at 14.0 for the overtime and the shootout.

The rating was almost 50 percent higher than the 7.4 rating for last season’s opener, a 4-1 loss to Montreal in a game that star Jack Eichel was out with an injury. The Sabres averaged a 6.2 rating for the entire 2016-17 season.

Thursday’s rating was in the ballpark of the 10.7 rating for the 3-1 loss in the season opener against Ottawa in Eichel’s first season in 2015-16.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ast-year-kneeler-ball-continues-lose-viewers/

31. Irons

STUNNING: NFL Tanks – Core Support Drops 31 Points in ONE MONTH
    by Cristina Laila 162 Comments
    As previously reported, the NFL already lost 2.5 million viewers.
    After decades of American tradition of standing at attention during the National Anthem the National Football League started their own tradition last year and allowed players to kneel, sit, or stretch during the National Anthem today at professional football games.

A new shock poll reveals the NFL is now the least liked sport.

[​IMG]

ORCHARD PARK, NY – SEPTEMBER 24: Denver Broncos team take a knee during the national anthem during their game against the Buffalo Bills on September 24, 2017 at New Era Field in Orchard Park, NY. (Photo by John Leyba/The Denver Post)

Washington Examiner reports:

From the end of August to the end of September, the favorable ratings for the NFL have dropped from 57 percent to 44 percent, and it has the highest unfavorable rating – 40 percent – of any big sport, according to the Winston Group survey provided exclusively to Secrets.

The Winston Poll from the Washington-based Winston Group found that the attitude of those fans went from an August rating of 73 percent favorable and 19 percent unfavorable to 42 percent favorable and 47 percent unfavorable, a remarkable turn against the sport.

According to the poll analysis, “more critically for the NFL, the fall off in favorables occurred among important audiences. Among males, NFL favorables fell 23 percent, going from 68 percent to 45 percent. In looking at a more specific audience, males 34-54, NFL favorables fell 31 percent, going from 73 percent to 42 percent. Among this group the NFL has a surprising negative image, as it went from +54 percent in August to -5 percent in September.”

According to the poll, baseball had the highest favorables.

Hockey ratings are also up as Americans flock to athletes who respect the flag and stick to playing sports!

The Buffalo Sabres saw a 50 percent increase over last season’s opener this week.

michael59 and Son of Gloin like this.
  32. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    What will all these felons do once the NFL starts tanking financially? I'm sure their jewish owners will start a fund to help the poor innocent thugs find a new job!

33. latemetal

In the Left-wing, Right-wing divorce, the Left wingers get football...hopefully the average redneck neighborhood will look better as all these yahoos will have time for yardwork.

nickndfl and hoarder like this.
  34. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    "To kill the Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs"
    Aesop's Fables
    -an idiom used of an unprofitable action motivated by greed.
    They're such idiots they know not what they do.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  35. Irons

As a very rural yankee redneck that comment ought to offend the hell out of me,
    but it's not only true it's funny as feck! . aarock.gif

michael59 likes this.
  36. Irons

Breaking: VP Pence Walks Out of Colts Game After 49ers Take Knee for National Anthem
    by Kristinn Taylor 25 Comments
    Vice President Mike Pence walked out of the Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game Sunday afternoon after nearly two dozen 49ers kneeled during the playing of the National Anthem.

Pence, who left the Indiana governorship to be President Donald Trump’s vice president, had early posted a photo of himself and his wife Karen at the game, saying, “Looking forward to cheering for our @Colts & honoring the great career of #18 Peyton Manning at @LucasOilStadium today. Go Colts!”

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Vice President Pence

✔@VP

Looking forward to cheering for our @Colts & honoring the great career of #18 Peyton Manning at @LucasOilStadium today. Go Colts!

11:27 AM - Oct 8, 2017

Follow
    [​IMG]Bob Kravitz

✔@bkravitz

Vice President Pence just tweeted he left the Colts game because 23 49ers kneeled during the national anthem.

1:13 PM - Oct 8, 2017

Follow
    [​IMG]Vice President Pence

✔@VP

I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.

1:08 PM - Oct 8, 2017

This article will be updated.

37. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    How dumb are these people in the NFL? No really!! I'm shocked that they've been hemorrhaging fans week to week yet they keep doubling down on stupid!

michael59, GOLDBRIX and Irons like this.
  38. Irons

You would have to have spent at least some time in a college to fuck up on this level and still not get it.

39. Irons

Breaking: Credit Suisse Cuts Earnings for FOX, CBS Due to Sudden and Severe Drop in NFL Ratings
    October 17, 2017 by Jim Hoft 49 Comments

The NFL has lost 3.3 million viewers in two years since players first started to sit, kneel and stretch during the national anthem.
    View image on Twitter

[​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Jim Hoft

✔@gatewaypundit

Nice work, Roger Goodell! @nflcommish @NFL ratings down 18% since you allowed #kneelers to disrespect US flag and military

8:03 PM - Oct 13, 2017

After decades of American tradition of standing at attention during the National Anthem the National Football League started their own tradition last year and allowed players to kneel, sit, or stretch during the National Anthem today at professional football games.

The latest Monday night football ratings sunk to a new season low.

Now this…
    Credit Suisse cut its earnings expectation for CBS and FOX due to the sudden drop in NFL ratings.
    The Business Journal reported:

Television ratings for the National Football League are down 17 percent on CBS compared to last year, according to investment analysts at Credit Suisse.

That is leading the investment bank to cut its earnings expectation for CBS (NYSE: CBS), according to CNBC.

Earlier in the month, Credit Suisse noted a 7 percent drop in NFL TV rating for Fox — an arm of Twenty-First Century Fox (Nasdaq: FOX), (Nasdaq: FOXA), according to CNBC and investment website Seeking Alpha.

Americans don’t like operations that denigrate the military and US flag.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-fox-cbs-due-sudden-severe-drop-nfl-ratings/

40. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Go Dodgers...

SC