1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

No registration, no plates: A look into the rising 'sovereign citizens movement'

Discussion in 'U.S. Constitution & Law' started by BarnacleBob, Jun 20, 2017.

1. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Divided_States_of_America_0_3327522_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

(FOX 11)
    - "I do not need a license or any kind of identification," Trent Goodbaudy can be heard on video telling a police officer.

"Well I'm going to place you under arrest," is the officer's reply.

"No, you need to read that before my rights are violated," Goodbaudy says, handing him a card with an explanation of beliefs on it.

Goodbaudy is what some might call a modern day sovereign citizen, but he doesn't like that title.

"God is my authority, and He is the only sovereign that there is," Goodbaudy said.

The Riverside resident believes there is too much regulation in government, so he's taken his fight to the road. Goodbaudy travels without registration, without plates, without a license and without insurance.

"Insurance is a scam," he said.

Knowing police will pull him over, he's always ready with a camera. Goodbaudy posts all of his run-ins with the law on his YouTube Channel "Freedom from Government." His videos have racked up more than 18 million views.

He's now even selling what he uses in lieu of a license plate. The tag reads "Private" - "Not for commerce use - private mode of travel," and it often gets the attention of police on the road.

"If a cop comes up to me and asks me for my license, registration and insurance, I would ask him if he's planning on using any of those against me in court," Goodbaudy said.

Because he believes in his right to travel freely, he doesn't think he is breaking any laws and doesn't need to prove himself to police either. Goodbaudy isn't the only follower of this growing movement.

There are thousands of people with similar beliefs all across the country who defy what most of us believe is the law and then post their confrontation online. It's impossible to know how many like-minded people there are, however, because there's no centralized leadership.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, who would classify themselves as sovereigns, said the movement has been growing at a fast pace since 2000. Some estimates put numbers at several hundred thousand to half a million people.

"I think there's been a major awakening of consciousness, and I can't explain why I just feel like people are finally coming out of their fog," Goodbaudy said.

You might be surprised to learn Goodbaudy isn't anti-government, he's just sick of government using police as a way to make a buck off him.

"I feel like police have been misinformed to go out and generate revenue off the people they're supposed to be protecting and serving," he said.

He doesn't support building a wall, because that would represent government restricting people's travel.

"We didn't make this land. We came here, just like anybody else would," he said.

Goodbaudy just wants to be free with what he views as his natural born rights.

"As long I'm not doing any harm or causing any property damage, I should be able to do what I want," he said. "It's America. It's supposed to be a free country."

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/255331221-story

southfork likes this.
  2. BarnacleBob

18 U.S. Code § 31 - Definitions

(6)Motor vehicle.— The term “motor vehicle” means every description of carriage or other contrivance propelled or drawn by mechanical power and used for commercial purposes on the highways in the transportation of passengers, passengers and property, or property or cargo. (my emphasis added)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/31

Merely exercising one's right to locomotion is NOT a commercial activity. One ONLY needs a 'license' if one is engaged in the business of transporting people and/or their goods/cargo/property on public property.

3. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

This would be great if we had judges that were required to follow the letter of the law, but we do not, they have all become legislators and will tell you what the law was intended to mean.

4. BarnacleBob

Passenger Law and Legal Definition. A passenger is a rider who has paid a fare on a train, bus, airline, taxi, ship, ferry, automobile or other carrier in the business of transporting people for compensation.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/p/passenger/

5. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

i'm gonna try this.

southfork likes this.
  6. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

I will donate a silver dollar to your legal defense fund!

. :2 thumbs up:

7. andial

ok

8. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Just make sure that prior to doing so you fully rescind from their inception, any and all of your current entanglements with the State.

CrimsonGuardJay likes this.
  9. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    The "laws, codes & statutes" are for the corporation and their employees.

It's how any corporation functions.

States and cities are incorporated.

If they can trick you into thinking you are a "driver" then you are obligated to follow the commercial rules of the road....they also abuse the law and court system.... as a revenue generating scheme...

If you want to learn how the law really works... check out Tao of Law

Not for the feint, but it's a bit like looking down a fire hose.....

TRYNEIN and BarnacleBob like this.
  10. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

State Administrative Agencies Regulate Only “Legal Persons.”

The ONLY thing you want to contest is the "style of the case," i.e. the corruption of your Christian appellation into a corporate fiction form.

To argue anything else in the pleading instantly causes you to traverse into the opposition's jurisdiction

Hystckndle likes this.
  11. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

You are either a sovereign OR a citizen. You cannot be both.

R.

12. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Im in for 20 bucks do a go fund me

13. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    I will match the 20
    AND
    I will write to you while you are away.

14. andial

Done! Just threw my liscense plates off a bridge am driving as a sovereign as of today!

southfork and Irons like this.
  15. JayDubya

JayDubya Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Do us a favor and post the video here.

That is, if they don't beat the ever-living shit out of you for resisting.

southfork and andial like this.
  16. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

WHAT! No Pics ? :picture perfect 2: :picture perfect: :Helicopter

andial likes this.
  17. andial

Yeah they won't touch me! When i whip out my appelation on constitutional rights i'll videotape them running away in fear!

southfork, Mujahideen and GOLDBRIX like this.
  18. Bigjon

Bigjon Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6mqBZEzfo

A Woman Who Drives Without A License - And Tells How

Published on Jun 16, 2017
    You want to see courage? In this interview see Jacquie Figg take you through her personal battle with the State of California over whether we have a right to travel ... or not. The fraud perpetrated by the state is exposed by THEIR OWN CODES AND STATUTES. Every Law Enforcement Officer needs to see this, maybe more than once, until they realize the crimes they are committing. If you are law enforcement, your job is not to do what your Watch Commander tells you is "OK", it is to know, obey and uphold THE LAW and tell your Commanders and Supervisors THEY MUST DO THE SAME. The only thing that gives you authority is the oath you swore. When was thew last time you read it? Do you even understand it? If you do not know what is presented in this video, you have been BRAINWASHED. If you think you know differently, then post your reference below this video. I PROMISE YOU the woman in this video can show you the truth. Every day, more and more people are getting FED UP with the lies and violations OUR GOVERNMENT thinks they can perpetrate against the public!

Summary of Jacquie's reference below (for more information go to:
    http://internallydisplacedpeople.org/

CVC Section 21052
    The provisions of this code applicable to the drivers of vehicles upon the highways apply to the drivers of all vehicles while engaged in the course of employment by this State, any political subdivision thereof, any municipal corporation, or any district, including authorized emergency vehicles subject to those exemptions granted such authorized emergency vehicles in this code.

CVC 260.
    (a) A "commercial vehicle" is a motor vehicle of a type required to be registered under this code used or maintained for the transportation of persons for hire, compensation, or profit or designed, used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property.
    (b) Passenger vehicles and house cars that are not used for the transportation of persons for hire, compensation, or profit are not commercial vehicles. This subdivision shall not apply to Chapter 4 (commencing with Section 6700) of Division 3.

CVC 17460
    The acceptance or retention by a resident of this state of a driver's license issued pursuant to the provisions of this code, shall constitute the consent of the person that service of summons may be made upon him within or without this state, whether or not he is then a resident of this state, in any action brought in the courts of this state upon a cause of action arising in this state out of his operation of a motor vehicle anywhere within this state.

CVC 17459
    The acceptance by a resident of this state of a certificate of ownership or a certificate of registration of any motor vehicle or any renewal thereof, issued under the provisions of this code, shall constitute the consent by the person that service of summons may be made upon him within or without this state, whether or not he is then a resident of this state, in any action brought in the courts of this state upon a cause of action arising in this state out of the ownership or operation of the vehicle.

Definitions by corporate Federal "State" for "in the state", "in this state", "in the state", "within this state" and "this state"
    CALIFORNIA (CCA) located in:
    Aircraft assessment and taxation, Revenue and Taxation Code §5304
    Beverage containers, Health and Safety Code §113200
    Cigarette tax, Revenue and Taxation Code §30013
    Corporate Securities Law of 1968, Corporations Code §25008
    Diesel fuel tax, Revenue and Taxation Code §60017
    Emergency Telephone Users Surcharge Law, Revenue and Taxation Code §41005
    Energy resources surcharge, Revenue and Taxation Code §40006
    Fractional interests, local agency obligations, Government Code §5950
    Hazardous Substances Tax Law, Revenue and Taxation Code §43009
    Integrated waste management fees, Revenue and Taxation Code §45008
    Motor vehicle fuel license tax, Revenue and Taxation Code §7309
    Private railroad car tax, Revenue and Taxation Code §11205
    Residential mortgage lenders, Finance Code §50003
    Sales and use tax, Revenue and Taxation Code §6017
    Taxation, Revenue and Taxation Code §130(f)
    Use fuel tax, Revenue and Taxation Code §8609
    Revenue and Taxation §130(f) "In this state" means within the exterior limits of the State of California, and includes all territory within these limits owned by, or ceded to, the United States of America.
    Revenue and Taxation §6017. "In this State" or "in the State" means within the exterior limits of the State of California and includes all territory within these limits owned by or ceded to the United States of America.

CASE MENTIONED: 7 Cal.App.2d 395, 46 P.2d 234
    JOHN J. O'NEIL, Appellant, v. DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL AND VOCATIONAL STANDARDS et al, Respondents. Civ. No. 10276. District Court of Appeal, Second District, Division 2, California. June 5, 1935.
    Message 1 of 12181

southfork likes this.