1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

NOTHING DIVIDES VOTERS LIKE OWNING A GUN

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Goldhedge, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    NOTHING DIVIDES VOTERS LIKE OWNING A GUN
    Households with firearms overwhelmingly backed Trump 63%-31%
    Published: 1 day ago

(New York Times) Americans are deeply split along demographic lines, but there aren’t many demographic characteristics that embody America’s cultural divide better than gun ownership.

In the wake of the mass shooting in Las Vegas on Sunday, the polling firm SurveyMonkey published a pair of maps from its 2016 presidential election exit polls. It showed the electoral maps for voters who said they had a gun in their home, and for those who said they did not.

In every state but Vermont – perhaps the most liberal state in the country, but one where Democrats, including Bernie Sanders, often support gun rights – voters who reported living in a gun-owning household overwhelmingly backed Donald J. Trump.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/10/nothing-divides-voters-like-owning-a-gun/#OqUuoYyyYb1QpYiT.99

Ensoniq and Flight2gold like this.
  2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    I'll take "Which side of this fence would you rater be on?" for $200 Alex!

3. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

And i would say those supporting the peoples right to own guns is much higher than 61%, probably over 75/80%. I still cant fathom so many voted for the hildebeast

4. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

I believe most open minded people can be debated into supporting the right to own guns...

But where it gets grey is what type of guns should civilians have.

I believe that civilians should have whatever arms are standard issue for the military and/or standard arms comparable to what our potential enemies will have.

The issue with our country isn’t guns, our problem is society. Check the demographics of crimes. When I see responsible adults with guns, I feel safe; when I see sketchy people with weapons, I feel threatened.

My question is, where is the militia? I would like to see America have a far more militaristic, self sufficient and libertarian society. I believe this was the intention when the country was founded.

5. hoarder

hoarder Midas Board Mmbr Platinum Bling

I don't agree with the OP's premise. It's the politicians, media and pundits of the left who are so vehemently anti second amendment, not the voters. I have know many Democrats who hunt and/or love guns for self-defense.

Son of Gloin and ttazzman like this.