1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

NSA Intel Spying

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Alton, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Chip maker, Intel, has pulled the boneheaded stunt before but has seriously crossed the line this time. New Intel chips now have a "backdoor" where the NSA can enter your computer, view and copy all your files, even plant files on your computer even your computer is turned off. The only way to protect yourself is to unplug the computer from the wall at least when you are not using it. Even when you are using your computer the NSA can enter it, do things, and your computer will never know. Here's some of the details:

http://alexanderhiggins.com/new-intel-cpus-come-powerful-built-secret-hidden-backdoor/

REO 54 likes this.
  2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    I run a 2010 macbook. I'm not concerned

3. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

I have been using a AMD quad core 5500, 3,300mhz for about two years now. My only gripe is they all have replaced the old BIOS with the latest tech. I understand the reason, but for someone who has been using Intel 086 computers since day one it's annoying to have to tell it every time I want to boot from a CD or USB drive. I assume there is a way around that, but I haven't found it yet.

I went to a ADM chip when they put the video on the chip instead of having to buy a video card w/ a separate processor and ram. Mine works fine as my board has 16 gig of ram to support the chip.

Shooter guy, are you sure that Mac doesn't have a 086 chip?

4. jiikoo

jiikoo Seeker Seeker

boot order in the bios.

mayhem likes this.
  5. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Yeah very familiar with the process. I have win 8.1 and Linux Mint in another partition. I had to shrink the partitions that win 8.1 had created because it doesn't want you to install any other OS. I kept Win because I use a couple of code compilers that have no Linux equivalent the last time I looked. What I did was to select "Other OS" and DVD and USB to load first then drive C. I did install Yum boot loader so's I could select the win 8.1 at the boot up menu. But it doesn't run quite right and is really slow. I also have another drive in the box that has win 7 and Linux Zorin is bootable. That one involves changing more settings in this no Bios to get it boot. I mostly boot to a SDCard drive that has "Tails" on it, that way nothing Gets written to the hard drive and run Hillberrys Bitch Bleach to clean it up..