1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Bitcoin Reaches $10,000 or $100 first?

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by goldielox1, Nov 11, 2017.

?

Does Bitcoin Move To $10,000 or $100 Next?

1. $10,000

82.4%
  2. $100

17.6%
  1. Area51

Area51 Silver Miner Seeker

Cigarlover likes this.
  2. Area51

You acknowledge gold is massively undervalued but you want to spend you money buying laughably overinflated virtual blips on a computer screen instead - - WTF is the logic in that?

For the love of Charlie Ponzi, dump the few bitcoins you've got in exchange for the 35 or so oz of gold you can still get for it.

3. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Gold is getting its ass kicked by the same banksters that have been suppressing it for decades...it should be at $6k given the dollar devaluation that has gone on according to debtclock.org. Hell silver is now negative for the year despite the dollar index having dropped by 10% ytd.

The problem isn't bitcoin, the problem is that all our other markets and indicators are fake.

4. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

....and we're there.

Included the 1 day chart. Started at $12752

bitcoin15k.PNG

$20k by New Years Day, or sometime next week?

Tecumseh and Cigarlover like this.
  5. Joe King

Another $250 will put BTC up $10k in under a Month.

bitcoin15k.PNG

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 5:40 AM
    Tecumseh likes this.
  6. Tecumseh

Tecumseh Silver Member Silver Miner

In general I would stick to the rule of selling incrementally into strength and buying incrementally into weakness but there would definitely be a core position I would hold onto and not sell at any price right now.

Cigarlover and solarion like this.
  7. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

15K?!? Oh man this crash is going to be SPECTACULAR!:popcorn::bomb::bomb 1:

8. CrimsonGuardJay

CrimsonGuardJay Silver Member Silver Miner

Ive got a gain of like 600% on the bitcoins since I bought just a little for trading... im not in any rush to sell as it is literally KILLING every other investment ive made in my entire life, no fooling.

9. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

I like the idea of Bitcoin, that it can be divided into very tiny amounts, it is not controlled by a bank or government, it is for practical purposes, a person to person payment system. And it is important that the transaction fees are trivial, because microtransactions are important.

Any payment system requires people who will accept that payment for goods or services. Redeeming it for money is not really useful as a primary activity, just like giving refunds is not the primary purpose of a retail store. For me, the only vendor that would entice me to use Bitcoin is inhousepharmacy.vu They offer a 10% discount for Bitcoin, probably because they have so much trouble with conventional payment methods. (The drug companies seem to always be fighting them.) That would be a good reason to use Bitcoin, except for the transaction fee.

I can buy all kinds of cheap stuff from China through ebay using Paypal. Bitcoin doesn't help me there.

I believe in fundamentals. For any payment method, the fundamentals is who will accept it for goods or services. And I don't see a lot of that right now, especially with the many dollar transaction fees. And the transaction times. I don't care much about the exchange rate, all I care about is, "Can I use this to conduct my business? Is this more useful than the alternatives?" Right now, I think the answer is, "not yet".

Mujahideen likes this.
  10. Area51

You do not have a "gain" until you actually sell and have the profit in your pocket.

Pigs always get slaughtered. Be careful, my friend. Be very careful.

Someone_else likes this.
  11. CrimsonGuardJay

$17,365. Damn this is interesting as hell.

12. birddog

birddog Gold Member Gold Chaser

Kicking myself that I didn't get in when a co-worker tried to talk me into it 5-6 years ago.......

But I did buy a little when it was $1000. Just gonna sit on it and see where it goes. At this rate it will be over 20,000 by the end of the year.

Anyone get the impression that PMs would be doing the same if they weren't completely manipulated?

13. Jarrod32

Jarrod32 Seeker

Over $18k now. This is ridiculous. I love the idea of cryptocurrencies, and hope that they eventually relegate debt-based fiat currencies to the dust bin of history. But I just can't get my head around what is going on right now. Bitcoin is skyrocketing, while other cryptos (ether, litecoin, etc) seem stagnant or even slightly fading.

I think that this is a result of momentum chasing...but I have no idea how far it can go. But if it is just momentum chasing, it is going to correct in a major way at some point. Next week? Next month?

I own a little bit of cryptocurrencies (some bitcoin, some ether, some litecoin)...not a lot, I just wanted to own some to help get my head around how they work, how easy they are to convert, etc. So I have no idea what to do now...cash out on the gains in bitcoin? JM Bullion accepts bitcoin, and I see that now APMEX does, as well. I can convert my bitcoin gains into some PM. Very tempting. Maybe the other cryptos (litecoin, etc) that are not running up along with bitcoin here will follow it up eventually? Maybe there are gains to be made there...maybe should buy some of those while they are stagnant during this bitcoin rally? Maybe hold my positions, and see what happens. That was my original intent...and I only went in with money that I was willing to lose if it all went (or goes) south.

14. solarion

That's normal. People shuffle funds around to ride the momentum waves. More important, at least to me, is the total fiat in the crypto universe. Currently around $426b it has more than doubled since this thread was created.

stonedywankanobe and Cigarlover like this.
  15. pay dirt

pay dirt Gold Member Gold Chaser

16. Jarrod32

Jarrod32 Seeker

I agree with the importance of that total. That represents a huge market, a huge opportunity, and a huge incentive for more companies to begin accepting crypto as payment.

17. CrimsonGuardJay

Im fairly certain PMs would move up very strong if not for manipulation, but not in the style of bitcoin. If that were the case, gold would be up to somewhere in the $90,000 range right now vs two years ago...

18. #48Fan

#48Fan Silver Member Silver Miner

Lately, especially since this last spike, I've been thinking of picking up some LTC instead of BTC. The main reason is the LTC/BTC ratio. It is very low atm and will probably go lower. I will say that my ultimate goal is to acquire more BTC in the end. Is this a sound idea?

solarion likes this.
  19. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Ouch! Little speed bump today?

[​IMG]

I heard everyone is moving to VirtualAir: SXVA

For those keeping track, this is how long it has taken the cryptocurrency to cross the key psychological levels:

• $0000 - $1000: 1789 days
    • $1000- $2000: 1271 days
    • $2000- $3000: 23 days
    • $3000- $4000: 62 days
    • $4000- $5000: 61 days
    • $5000- $6000: 8 days
    • $6000- $7000: 13 days
    • $7000- $8000: 14 days
    • $8000- $9000: 9 days
    • $9000-$10000: 2 days
    • $10000-$11000: 1 day
    • $11000-$12000: 6 days
    • $12000-$13000: 17 hours
    • $13000-$14000: 4 hours
    • $14000-$15000: 10 hours
    • $15000-$16000: 5 hours
    • $16000-$17000: 2 hours
    • $17000-$18000: 10 minutes
    • $18000-$19000: 3 minutes Source: ZeroHedge
    Reminds me of when I sold some silver at $48 as I knew $50 was a big target, as BitCoin was briefly trading right under the 20K target right before the big dump came.

Wait? Trade BitCoins for even more worthless dollars? This truly is a Zero Sum Game. Virtual Wealth.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 12:10 PM
  20. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

That's good to know. Thanks for pointing that out.

21. solarion

...and provident...and silver.com...and amagimetals...

Jarrod32 likes this.
  22. birddog

logarithmic growth - its gonna be $150000 by next summer....

23. keef

Retired Hoser
    Don't have my old HP-103 charged/hmmmm/it will be gaining ~$1000 per nanoecond by end of March?

24. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

Thing is though there really isn't 426 bil in this market. 1 person paying 10k or 20k does not make all 21 million BTC worth 10 or 20k.
    It's kinda like any stock in the stock market. 1 trade goes through at a high price and the whole companies stock is valued on that one price, up or down.

In my humble opinion, I don't think this is joe blow driving this market. 9 out of 10 Americans don't have 2k in savings so no way this is just a few people in the US driving this. It smells like the big hedgies.

I'm also not sure how the payment system works but if say provident accepts payment in BTC then immediately transfers that to cash, someone is still waiting on their BTC to cash out no?
    Hard to imagine provident takes 1 btc for 20k worth of metals and sells the BTC for cash, Provident is waiting for the BTC, then the person who they sold it to is waiting for it and on down the line. If there is a delay in recieving your BTC then cant you be left holding the bag? So say provident accepts 1 BTC then by the time they get it, its down to 15k.. Is there a system in place to prevent this loss from occurring?

25. BigJim#1-8

BigJim#1-8 Silver Member Silver Miner

Has anyone said "you can't eat bitcoin" yet?

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  26. CrimsonGuardJay

I mean, you cant hold it in your hand either, unless you count the datastick its stored on.

BigJim#1-8 likes this.
  27. birddog

Or a paper wallet.

I would consider that in your hand and out of the system. Bye-bye central bankers.

Mujahideen likes this.
  28. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    This is something I find myself happy not to be a part of. If I dropped a grand into BTC when it was at 20 bucks then I'd be happy because I'd be playing with mostly house money. This simply doesn't pass the sniff test to me. Highly volatile which I'm sure is scaring away many merchants into accepting BTC as payment. It can't keep up like this and expect normal people to risk putting whatever sheckles they have into it. Not sure when that's going to happen, if ever!

29. solarion

All this says to me is..."I hate free markets". There are no "curbs" like in the fake phony and false bankster markets. If people start dumping bitcoin...it drops quickly. People that can't cope with that SHOULD stay at the NYSE/Nasdaq pre-skool table where the "plunge protection team" has their back.
    Not sure where to begin with this post. lol

It's not $426b in trades(now $446b btw), coinmarketcap is simply totaling the fiat value of all crypto currencies.

Bitcoin is global...and lots of people were trading these things at < $10 bux years ago. Not everyone is terrified of losing their garbage fiat currency.

Provident uses a payment processor...specifically bitpay...and bitpay is extremely good at what they do. Provident isn't just sitting there with bitcoin, hoping they'll be able to exchange them for fiat crap in the next 5mins.

30. Joe King

So you're saying that so-called "normal people" won't participate until they see there's no more money to be made in it?

If the price of btc in usd stabilizes and remains relatively constant for long periods of time, there's not as much point in using it, is there? One of its main points is its deflationary nature, that it does grow in value over time. With the modern Dollar system, the exact opposite happens. Which is intentional in its design. Ie: to hold them is to allow oneself to be punished by the ravages of inflation. That's your incentive to spend 'em now! Thereby driving the economy and giving the gov more taxable events.
    ...and even if you don't have 'em, we got ways you can still spend 'em now. Just sign here on the dotted line. .......................... evil.gif

Deflation is intentional in btc's design and with World pop at 7billion+, all it takes is for 20 million people World wide to decide they want just one whole bitcoin, to push the price sky high.

birddog and #48Fan like this.
  31. solarion

[​IMG]

32. Joe King

Just think how valuable your dollars would be today had the fed/gov had strict limitations on the rate of increasing the money supply that could not be circumvented.

solarion and birddog like this.
  33. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

And bitcoin crashed down. Now at $15k

34. #48Fan

Good, we need a breather lol

35. keef

Retired Hoser
    Oh, hell yes. It's the Internet, whats not to trust?

Bitcoin/Altcoin Pump and Dumping, how to pick a decent coin for your pump groups.

This is a naughty thing to do, so I wouldn't recommend it but hey hey... GREED.

Pumping and dumping still technically is legal because the crypto markets are unregulated~ (from vid discription)

{I assume you ALREADY belong to one of the many BitCoin Pump Groups?}cool:

[​IMG]
    https://research.palmbeachgroup.com/X750TACE

hahahahahaha.. right before I logged off this 'ad' popped up in another window I had just opened. Friggen kids today, I guess it beats working at Arbys?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM
  36. #48Fan

Nope, just looking at the charts, bro.

37. solarion

...and Litecoin is up 31%. Who could possibly have seen this coming?!?

38. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Idk... who is buying at 90k?.. and what would 90k buy?

39. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
  40. keef

Retired Hoser
    Bitcoin will never crash. It will always hold the same intrinsic value. One bit in a vault somewhere.