1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Bitcoin Reaches $10,000 or $100 first?

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by goldielox1, Nov 11, 2017.

?

Does Bitcoin Move To $10,000 or $100 Next?

1. $10,000

79.2%
  2. $100

20.8%
  1. Area51

Area51 Silver Miner Seeker

You're badly confused my friend, and whatever it is you're talking about it's something entirely different than mt gox.

2. #48Fan

#48Fan Silver Member Silver Miner

When I mentioned Zimbabwe, I was referring to them using BTC as their main currency since their fiat has basically gone to zero.

solarion likes this.
  3. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

One has to wonder how much value is being moved around via bitcoin in Venezuela as well given the carnage in that fiat currency vs the US crap dollar.

4. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

No I posted the correct chart and correct name and posted a screen shot and even have a link to the source. Now if the source is wrong, on one out of about 20 things it cites, then that's not a knock on me. I learned it was out of date or something and admitted it. Unlike you an Joe King, who never admit you're wrong even when confronted with undeniable evidence.

5. goldielox1

Snore there's also 1000 pumpers for every penny stock out there. One in a thousand of the penny stocks does the exact same thing that bitcoin did and we're supposed to say those pumpers were financial geniuses? If I nailed a poster with every penny stock up on the wall and gave 1000 chimps darts and said pick the winner, and then 2 of them got it right (Let's call them Joe and Solie), would you then say those two chimps were geniuses? Or perhaps would we say it was luck that those two chimps hit the correct penny stocks?

6. goldielox1

Um the IPO buyers actually own something tangible: a business.

7. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    The naysayers of Bitcoin sound pretty desperate trying to convince any who'll listen.
    All the same things were said back in late 2013 when BTC went from about $286 to $945.
    Its a scam, bubble, fraud and fiat.
    Most of the negative comments come from a lack of understanding of all altcoins.
    Or else their compromised.
    Maybe their a central banker. :))
    Everyone has got some type of agenda, good or bad.
    $10,000 by about March 2018, btw.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    solarion and Joe King like this.
  8. solarion

That's simply not true. You keep trying to characterize bitcoin as something other than what it is. It's "fiat", it's a "lottery ticket", it's a "penny stock" ...etc. I think we both know there are no penny stocks that have gone from fractions of a penny to $7900 in 8 years.

It's telling I think that it's still beyond consideration for you that bitcoin is a new paradigm. That there's never been a technology like bitcoin. That bitcoin is doing to the concept of money what the Internet has done to the concept of information sharing. Time will tell where this thing ends up, but you're deluding yourself if you think bitcoin has much in common with these things you seem intent on comparing it to.

Nomis Elpmis likes this.
  9. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

To be fair, I'm thinkin' that much of the negativity has a lot to do with "fear of the unknown". It is a natural human trait to fear what one does not understand. For example, many people want to know if bigfoot really exists, but when people actually see something they think might be bigfoot, hardly anyone is willing to grab the camera and go running full speed towards it. lol

As you say, no one really knows where all this will lead and if it has as much impact as the internet itself has had, we could all be in for big changes relative to the idea of money. It could be good changes, or not so good changes, but I'm curious enough to want to find out.
    ....and yes, I would be one to grab the camera and go running towards it because the odds would be greatly in my favor that it's not actually bigfoot. lol

solarion likes this.
  10. goldielox1

Oh really? Wrong again. Here's a few examples that are over 1000%:

"Med-Cannabis Pharma Inc. (OTCBB: MCPI) has been the biggest penny stock winner of 2014 so far, posting an incredible 33,233% year-to-date gain. Pot penny stocks have seen some huge share-price climbs this year, but MCPI has rewarded shareholders the most."

https://moneymorning.com/2014/09/09/top-10-penny-stocks-2014-profits-of-more-than-33000/

I'm sure I could find some from this year, just did a quick google search and went with a quick first page hit.

btw Will you and that blow hard Joe King ever admit to being wrong? You categorically denied penny stocks move like this and I'm throwing it in your face. I'll wait patiently for you to admit you were wrong.

11. goldielox1

LOL this made me laugh there's only about 1000 other cryptos out there that are superior to bitcoin, yet you bow down to the altar of bitcoin.

12. goldielox1

Yes you got me. You're so smart. Yes a central banker is saying buy gold not crypto. You're just so smart. You know the central bankers just love people to move into gold and silver. The gigs up I guess you exposed me.

btw... "their'?

13. solarion

lol How is that the same as "One in a thousand of the penny stocks does the exact same thing that bitcoin did"? Great, a few people in 2014 jumped on a penny stock that a few people in a million have actually heard of, I'm happy for them, but how is that "the same" as bitcoin, which has performed year in and year out?

Bitcoin was first. It started this entire paradigm shift. Bitcoin is also the most widely accepted crypto with thousands of vendors across the globe accepting it in exchange for goods and services.

spinalcracker likes this.
  14. Area51

You're wasting your time engaging those two trolls. I understand now why others have labeled them as such. Pointless to try and reason with either because they lack even the most basic economic/financial acumen.

Basically, they're the forum jesters spinning around in circles for the amusement of others - - "look at the jackasses, aren't they funny?"

goldielox1 likes this.
  15. Joe King

I'd say it's pointless to try and reason with you too, because you are completely unreasonable. Because when you get beat, you don't even acknowledge it. Just ignore it and hope the thread drops off the bottom of the page. lol

If you hadn't noticed, the poll is 16 to 5 and no one here has posted up about being persuaded to get out of cryptos based on your supposed reasoning. In fact, just the opposite has happened as several have posted about either getting in, or wanting to get in.
    ...and even you don't seem to believe it will go to $100, and are prolly afraid that it very well could hit $10k. I bet that'd justr chap your a$$, wouldn't it? For btc to hit $10k?

solarion likes this.
  16. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    and, this was brought up today. I actually forgot about it.....'Black Tulips.'

besides walled-up-street is getting around to classifying bit-coin as a security. game over as the freaks have invaded.

17. Joe King

The problem with those is that there was no limit on how many tulip bulbs there could be. Anyone with a bulb could readily grow more, as tulips themselves beget tulips. Had there only ever been fewer tulips than there was demand for tulips, it wouldn't have crashed when and how it did.

18. michael59

20 years logging
    so there precious.... how many bit-coin? Oh that's correct[as many as you want]

this crap is going into regulation by those that want a piece of it. They/these pos's do not care about you at all. they care about their appearance.

19. Area51

Yes, that really would be the end of the line.

It's one thing to have an intrinsically worthless currency, but an intrinsically worthless security would be absolutely hilarious. ZERO earnings and ZERO assets - - now there's a perfect security for the gullible sheep.

20. michael59

20 years logging
    what goes in must come out....

what was that joke? Ten toes up; Ten toes down; meat sliding in, meat sliding out;::::'now judge if that ain't fucking then throw it out.'

21. Joe King

21 million btc is the limit.

What you are referring to is that there can be other cryptos than just btc.
    ...and that's a good thing in that it allows for competition to see which of them have the better attributes. Ie: it'll be survival of the fittest and that gives consumers the best choices.

22. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    How so? $100 is a BS figure from here... the only way it does that is total failure. $100, $0 basically the same thing from here... this is not a stock. So IF it does $100 from here it will certainly FAIL as a currency.

It is headed in the wrong direction... yeah well, so have most train wrecks at some point! Not exactly a brilliant observation yourself Sherlock.

Not that I think this will wreck of its own accord but I do think that .gov will make a concerted effort to break it. If they win... $100 will be a brief stop on the way to $0.

Hopefully the bitcoin currency stays alive and out of reach of .gov, that'd be ideal... but realistically?! Hmmmmmmmmm..... doubt it.

23. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    I thought that they where 'stolen', the block chain still recognises those coins so they have't disappeared as such it is just a matter of who has control of them.... isn't it?

24. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    This is one of the issues I have with this stuff, it is quite a low barrier to entry for new crypto currencies.

25. Joe King

Again, how is that not a good thing? IMHO, the consumer is better off when anyone who thinks he or she knows how to build a better mouse trap is able to throw their hat in the ring. That way the ones that are indeed the best will rise to prominance and the others will become the also-rans.

100 years ago there more auto mfgs than you could shake the proverbial stick at. The market was rife with choices. It was a crap shoot as to which ones or how many of them would be around in another ten years or less. Maybe they buy a car that no one makes parts for in a couple of years.
    Today, for the most part we have the ones left who had either the better cars or the better business plan, or both.

Ten or twenty years from now btc may in fact be dead and some other crypto will be on top. I have no idea, but unless anyone who thinks they can create a better one is permitted to try, we'll never know.

You have to remember that this (cryptos) is a whole new thing that needs time for the kinks to worked out and a stable price discovered. What we are all watching is literally history in the making.

#48Fan likes this.
  26. goldielox1

Reminds me of cryptos...the number of cryptos increases exponentially each year.

27. goldielox1

So here's a summary of how these bitcoin geniuses reason:

So there were none. I easily go a quick search and find hundreds and post one of the biggest:

How does the troll respond? Rather than saying, "yes I suppose you're right penny stocks do often go up thousands of percent just like this shined up turd bitcoin", this is the response:

Amazing the level of stupidity were dealing with here. Every time I refute a bitcoin pumper lie with indisputable acts, they just deny the evidence and move on to a new lie to keep pumping and shining their turd o the day crypto.

28. goldielox1

I didn't realize it was an ad popularum contest. I was just curious what most people on this board think. So if 11 more people on this site say it goes to $10K first, bitcoin is no longer a shined up turd? And that means it will happen? I didn't realize that's how markets worked: "Just count the forum votes and that's the locked in future performance."

Congrats maybe one of those suckers will buy your crypto from you before the inevitable crash. Anyone that buys something that has already gone up 400% YTD, is just plain greedy or dumb, and either one deserves to lose his money.

29. Joe King

Just like car mfgs 100 years ago. Ie: The market will sort itself out in good time.

The point is, your poll shows the general attitude amongst other forum users. What's the point of posting a poll if not to determine that?

No way man! I ain't selling any of mine. At least not now anyways. I wanna see where this horse ends up. The potential upside is far more valuable to me than any little bit I've actually put in it. Even if it took a 75% correction and stayed there for awhile, I'd be no skin off my a$$.

How can you be so sure that it's not just finding its price?

30. Flight2gold

pilot
    Its always fun trading barbs in a thread but, c'mon.
    Bitcoin is a fixed number at 21 million forever. What if they stopped digging pm's out of the ground today?
    Personally, I want everybody in this thread to make some currency off of Bitcoin to buy whatever makes them happy, more pm's or pay off some debt. Hey, even everyone who voted for zero.
    Next month the CME will be opening up derivatives trading for the Bitcoin market.
    Just like oil and gold and silver have been manipulated and forced lower for years by the paper market,
    (Think it through please)
    Bitcoin is destined for super numbers.
    With derivatives behind it the world is going to start thinking of Bitcoin as another currency market and will drive it through the roof.
    I believe to probably $100,000 in a couple years.
    It might turn sideways for a while between $80,000 and $120,000 until the next crisis hits and then its "off to the races" again.
    If I sound like a salesman, so be it.
    There are some huge movers behind this CME venture, Gov't's and Saudi billionaires.
    What will the $100 plus $11.83 in fees you drop today be worth in 2 years ?
    (Do not sell any of your stack to buy Bitcoin)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Joe King and #48Fan like this.
  31. solarion

If that's what passes for "facts" for you. Perhaps a run in politics? ...particularly as you're supposedly the only smart feller in these parts.

Here's your shit penny stock today genius:

[​IMG]

lol Yeah, shame I got bitcoin instead of this piece of garbage. Any more brilliant stock picks dick tracy? That's your 1 in a thousand pick? Don't quit your day job buddy.

Joe King and #48Fan like this.
  32. michael59

20 years logging
    and we have a winner

33. solarion

Goobermints have been attacking bitcoin almost since its genesis block. The US toolbags do it with KYC "laws" to close down avenues that would allow people to exchange fiat for cryptos. Look at how formerly useful exchanges like coinbase "function" now. You have to practically give them a blood sample to use their crappy service now. The DC thugs insist bitcoin isn't "money", but then they attack bitcoin companies and label them "unlicensed money transmitters".

Actually stopping the blockchain from functioning is near impossible and even if bitcoin were knocked off by say a successful gumbymint sponsored 51%, the people that see the value in the crypto space would just move to the next chain.

It's no accident that it's a PITA to get fiat into bitcoin here in the "land of the free".

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Flight2gold likes this.
  34. FthePolice

FthePolice Seeker

So I am forgoing another ounce of gold and putting that $1,300 into Bitcoin. My gal and I were just talking and we thought it was a good idea. I will not ignore my PM stack, just want to diversify a little here. I am still a little skeptical about Bitcoin but I figure what the hay, gotta take a little risk here and there.

Nomis Elpmis likes this.
  35. #48Fan

#48Fan Silver Member Silver Miner

Make sure to buy the dips!

36. FthePolice

FthePolice Seeker

Going to hope for that. Wish I was ready over this last weekend.

37. michael59

20 years logging
    You two....you two...ahhh.... I just wna jump in a mud hole and waller around.

shit I need more wif-key....

who in the hell would sink their foreskin into something that had already matured? The bankers are targeting the pieces of coin as a security thing. And, it will not matter what paper/digit you have on a screen; they are working to own it.

Just slum around with us who are licking gold....but if you must and want more volume silver can be had....just don't get me going on pennies...yeah, I am a copper freak.

38. Area51

This reminds me of a co-worker who sold his two rental properties in late 1999 so that he could put the equity into dot com stocks.

Trust your intuition, my friend.

39. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    I dunno... I'd be PO'd if someone came up with a 'better' gold and my gold became worth less.... For them to store value they have to be hard to replicate. So while I laud competition, and I see that the bitcoin model has 'effort' built into its creation process my query is about the whole damn thing being repeatable with very little effort.

40. Flight2gold

pilot
    Looks like BTC is in a nice rising wedge. The numbers are small but the breakdown area looks to be around 16000.
    10000 looks to be in Feb or March of 2018.

Capture.PNG

#48Fan likes this.