1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Ponce Cuba remembered

Discussion in 'Legends of GIM' started by mtnman, Feb 17, 2017.

1. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
    Last night I had the TV on for background noise. One of those "Buy Gold" commercials came on, I wasn't paying attention so I don't know what company. At the end of the commercial I did hear something that got my attention. The commentator said "If you don't hold it, do you really own it". Ponce must be spinning in his grave!

Irons, gnome, Howdy and 12 others like this.
  2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    He's smiling from above. His wisdom is inescapable!!

Irons and GOLDBRIX like this.
  3. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

All it needed was a stack of toilet paper in the background and a copy of "The Protocols" sitting on the table.

gnome, gringott and GOLDBRIX like this.
  4. Oldmansmith

Oldmansmith Midas Member Midas Member

Environmentl Consultant
    Truth.

gnome, Howdy and gringott like this.
  5. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Goldhedge, searcher and platinumdude like this.
  6. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
    Here'a the commercial on youtube jump to 0.53

gringott likes this.
  7. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

he made it to the hospital and stayed alive for a good while
    there's a video showing him walking around outside of his house while part of it burned
    there are some questions about the thing

8. agnut

agnut Gold Member Gold Chaser

Hi all, I’ve been dealing with Ponce’s estate since October. It should be legally concluded in a few weeks. The whole affair has been more drawn out and convoluted than I could have ever imagined.

Here’s the latest update I have.

A while ago I had received a phone message that stated that there was to be a memorial service with the date but not the location or time of day. I called back four or five times and never got an answer.

More recently I received an email from Ponce’s ex wife, Judy. She was informing me that there would be a full military honors service in July or possibly later. I called her and told her about the mysterious message I had received and she didn’t know anything about it. We still don’t know what it was about.

Anyway, the point here is that there will be a service for Ponce and Judy wanted me to find out how many people would be attending so that she could book an appropriate location to get together. I know, it all seems to be up in the air right now but I would like to know who might be able to attend and then pass that information to Judy.

I told Judy that it is necessary to notify us a month before the service so that we can make plane reservations which require at least two weeks advance booking.

Things are currently tenuous but should firm up as time passes. I guess that this is the nature of setting up a memorial service where the attendees are all over the United States and most of us haven’t met each other in person. I see it as an opportunity to get together in remembrance of Ponce and what he was to us as well as to better know each other.

Best wishes,

Agnut

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success. "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.

C.S. Lewis

9. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Is there a town or a State we should be thinking of?

"Anywhere" in the States is quite broad...

Thanks for handling his estate. You must have been close for Ponce to ask you.

10. gnome

gnome Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Oh man, that's terrible. I was thinking of him and his prepay approach just the other day while pumping gas.
    Lovable guy.

11. agnut

agnut Gold Member Gold Chaser

Hi Goldhedge. Cave Junction is about 30 minutes away from Grant’s Pass Oregon which is about another 45 minutes from Medford.

Ponce and I had been phone communicating for several years, often talking for one to two hours about economics, politics, social situations, and most anything of interest. Ponce had visited me two times and I had visited Ponce two times. We lived 550 miles apart. In other words, we have a lot of history together. He was my closest friend. And I still am adjusting to having lost him. A character brimming with character.

Best wishes,

Agnut

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success. "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
    C.S. Lewis

Howdy, searcher, Goldhedge and 2 others like this.
  12. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Agnut -
    Lets see then; sometime in July (possibly later) there will be a memorial service for Ponce in Cave Junction Oregon. You feel that it would be nice to have few GIM members in attendance. As time passes and things firm up, if you could keep us up with the details I think that may be possible.

BF

agnut and Goldhedge like this.
  13. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Agnut - any news on the service?

BF