1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Poor Admin Communication

Discussion in 'Site Activity/Suggestions' started by QuantumQrack, Jan 11, 2013.

1. QuantumQrack

QuantumQrack New Member

Scorpio deleted some of my posts concerning the subject of Bitcoin. I was trying to explain the ins and outs of this payment system in a thread that was started by another member about Bitcoin. However, after Scorpio checked them, he removed them for advertising. I wasn't advertising per se, just using certain websites to explain some details about Bitcoin. Not sure what the proper protocol should have been in the thread. Tried to contact Scorpio, but so far no reply.

I would suggest, as an improvement, including admins that can communicate with the members of the GIM forum in a positive manner.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. gnome

gnome Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Scorpio isn't online as much as he used to be, which would probably explain the delayed response.

A newbie to the forum posting lots of links right off the bat is a red flag for spam, so not surprising posts got deleted.

Relax, it will all work out.

Welcome to GIM. :beer1:

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Ok ok,

Got it, you signed up, had 4 total posts including the one above to admin, and the other 3 were all related to the bitcoin thread.

One was left that had no links in it,

The other 2 were taken out because it was all marketing for bitcoin, they are good, they are real, buy them here, etc.

Tell them to purchase advertising,

--no links in threads that promote advertising
    --no links in sigs, see above

people post links all the time, but they aren't doing it in a manner that oozes advertising for another,

yes, it is subjective, and that would be our bad,

we know it when we see it, and other than that we are human,

4. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    It helps to develop some credibility before posting stuff that 'smells' like advertising....

Only 4 posts 'smells' like a 'hit-and-run' spammer to most everyone here...

AgAuGal, Silver Art and gnome like this.
  5. QuantumQrack

QuantumQrack New Member

My posts WERE NOT marketing for bitcoin. They were explanations of what bitcoin is all about with links included to illustrate what bitcoin is. I am not affiliated with Coinabul nor Bitinstant.

Also, my posts about bitcoin DO NOT match the typical advertising spam that you run across on websites. One post was simply citing the owner of a quote who happens to be one of the employees of Bitinstant. I did this in academic honesty, properly attributing a quote to somebody.

The other post was simply illustrating the economic symbiosis between bitcoin and buying precious metals.

Bad experience for me, because I don't like to craft well-thought-out responses and then have them summarily deleted.

Apologies for the links, but really....they didn't even come across as typical advertising spam at all.

And last, but not least, my first post on this forum should have clued you in that I am a genuine person interested in precious metals, not some fly-by-night forum advertising spammer.

6. gnome

gnome Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Relax, it will all work out - unless you keep up that bitchy attitude.

7. Eat Beef

Eat Beef Gold Member Gold Chaser

I bit my tongue on the first whiney lame-o post. But since you must proceed, here are my thoughts on the situation:

WHY DON'T YOU JUMP UP IN THE AIR AND SEE IF YOU GET STUCK!!!!

Fiddle on you and bitcoin, go spam kitco about them.

8. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    That means nothing, really.

The MO of a spammer is their first post is :spam:

Typically, a person's first post starts with a "Hi! I'm glad I found this site." or "I've been lurking for lo these many years before deciding to join..."

Stuff like that.

I did not see your first post, but if Scorp :bear_angry: deemed it to be :spam: it's good enough for me.

The :bear_smile: has spoken.

9. anotherdave

anotherdave Banned

There is no such thing as "advertising" for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is an idea that has been implemented in software, and placed in the public domain. It is as commercial as water, or dental hygiene. It is a tool, or a service, that nobody owns or controls. Hover over this -->Bitcoin FAQ<-- then click, for information.

Goldhedge likes this.
  10. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

Dave, I'm getting dizzy from all the hovering I've been doing lately....woo woo woo :vollkommenauf: