1. kenyan care remains, no vote. Libtards and msm declare massive victory.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have a great weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1248.50-- UP 18.30 Silver $17.75-- UP 34 Oil $47.97-- DOWN 134 TICS USD $99.42 -- DOWN 66 tics

Poor Government Planning

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Alton, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Hahaha! Lol!

Think of ALL the records that EVERY agency made on EVERY person and action of government that these agencies spent millions and billions on to put on CD ROM to save for the future. It turns out that those CD ROMs are probably rotting! Great way to hide the bodies...

Your old CD-ROMs are probably rotting / Boing Boing

2. dacrunch

dacrunch Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Oh, they rot?

I'm still using my Windows Office 2003 CD's on every new computer I get - no "rot" yet... (and that program still runs EVERYTHING from what I can see - but I haven't bought any 'puters that run the "newer" versions of Windows. Last summer I got 2 new laptops (online) with Windows 7. Had a "lemon" before with Windows 8 that worked like a tricycle...

Why should they "rot" more than old vinyl music records? Even the 78rpm's from the 1920s work fine... if not warped or scratched.

But I wonder if an EMP would have an effect on CD-Roms - Don't know if the "writing" is magnetic or laser/optical. That would make a difference.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  3. Aurumag

Aurumag Seeker of Truth and Justice Midas Member

Illuminator
    There you go.

A properly preserved DVD will outlast magnetic medium by a wide margin with less risk of data destruction.