1. kenyan care remains, no vote. Libtards and msm declare massive victory.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have a great weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1248.50-- UP 18.30 Silver $17.75-- UP 34 Oil $47.97-- DOWN 134 TICS USD $99.42 -- DOWN 66 tics

Prepare Yourself: Quantum Internet is Coming

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Goldhedge, Aug 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Zoom!

Prepare Yourself: Quantum Internet is Coming

There have been significant advances in what scientists are calling 'quantum internet'. This new form of internet would be entirely secure and 'unhackable'.

Science alert claims, "quantum Internet would store data in individual particles of light - known as photons - rather than beams of light, which are currently used to transmit information across our existing fibre optic networks. While information carried in classical light can be intercepted and read, photons can't be measured without being destroyed - so any kind of hacking would be impossible"

There have been many struggles in recent years to find a way to beam 'quantum light', or beams of single protons. But now, A Stanford University team seems to be having some success in that regard.

By using a nanoscale laser and a gallium arsenide chip, the team is able to produce quantum light (below, blue) and allow classical light (pink) to pass through.

[​IMG]

Despite all the troubles, we're almost there. Lead researcher Jelena Vuckovic says "the problem is that the quantum light is much weaker than the rest of the light coming from such a modified laser - it is difficult to pick up... so we created a better way to filter out the unwanted light, allowing us to read the quantum signal much better."

The team is now working on a prototype that would serve as the foundation of quantum internet. So get ready, this could change everything you know about the internet.

https://www.minds.com/blog/view/541669728700084224

Ensoniq and Son of Gloin like this.
  2. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Holding breath....

What we really need is decentralized internet without choke points. Cluster of homes, internet cluster. All these wireless routers should be doing a distributed interwebs.

Mujahideen and Ensoniq like this.
  3. mayhem

mayhem A Different Perspective Seeker

Retired
    Maybe for them, but us peons still have crappy internet connections even though we have been paying the providers a 'FEE' for the last ten years plus to provide fiber to every home. But the providers have been doing like the gov and putting the money into their pockets instead of doing what they promised the gov the money would be used for.

Also, will I still be able to use my Dell Pentium 2 computer?

Thank God for Linux.

UPDATE: Lookie here at what connection speeds other country's have for far less FRN's.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
    Flight2gold likes this.
  4. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    mayhem and Goldhedge like this.
  5. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Lobbyists for the big cable companies, cell companies and AT&T prevented one company from creating a low cost national wireless company. The FCC would not approve. Put transmitters in strategic areas and make it available anywhere for free, pay a little if you want faster speed.

The cable companies want their area monopolies just like health insurance companies.

6. gringott

N/A
    Government or Corporate, in the end they have total control. That's why we need our own network.

7. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    https://www.torproject.org

It works

gringott likes this.
  8. gringott

N/A
    I was getting interested in packet radio just before the cell phone thing started. Seemed to me a great way to have a public network and transfer data without charge. Then the cellphone data came out and is basically the same thing except they have corporate towers. At the time packet radio was slow, but it worked.

9. mayhem

mayhem A Different Perspective Seeker

Retired
    I only use TOR all the time, have been for a long time now.

Back in the 70's I had a Yaesu ham setup with a phone patch. I was a real popular guy patching folks from around the world to friends and relatives down here. Back then long distance phone charges were expensive. Had a big array up about 50 feet, with a MACO 5k amplifier, and if I could hear ya I could talk to you. Used to sneek down to the 11 meter band and talk to all the folks that were on 27.465hz.( below channel 1 on the CB for you folks who don't understand) One night in a drunkin mood about I told some friends that god lived up at 27.995, and tuned her up lit off the Maco and keyed up the mike. I said "god are you listening?" Next thing I know someone say's "did you hear that"? Come to find out I was talking to a couple of forest rangers in Maine on a private gov channel. Fun times, indeed.

Ensoniq likes this.
  10. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

They have been working on this for years, my understanding is that they can tell if something has been hacked, but they can't make it back proof.