1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Puerto Rico: What It’s Really Like After the SHTF

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Goldhedge, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    A few years ago we had here on the form a number of links posted about FEMA RFQs ( request for proposals ) for MREs and water etc. They were IDIQ proposals.
    Indefinite Demand Indefinite Quantity.
    An on call contract thing.
    Anyways, this is a situation where that is being enabled and looks like they are using all methods of transport.
    That maritime company TOTE, mentioned in one of Searchers links,shipping from Jacksonville is pretty cool. One barge had local diesel delivery trucks on it.
    Since everything these days is JITD, Just In Time Delivery, you can see that a truck shortage ( and fuel ) to move such a huge amount of supplies for instant demand is def a problem.
    I hear all that junk being spewed about " its not fast enough " but in todays world of instant gratification seems to me that we have our shite together here.
    Pretty heady task. But this is the kind of stuff we are good at.
    The link that talk about the hospital ship is very cool.
    The alternative to all of this is paltry and or zero response, which is how many countries would have to deal with it.
    Pretty cool the links Searcher posted.

Crockett, GOLDBRIX and searcher like this.
  2. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Puerto Rico will bounce back a little and be just like it was, before this dastardly storm hit them.
    My faith does not allow material help but i will pray for them.

the_shootist, searcher and Hystckndle like this.
  3. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Crockett and Hystckndle like this.
  4. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

"Faith without Works is Dead". James 2:14-17

"...14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
    15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?
    17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

As always ACTIONS speak LOUDER than WORDS. - See our previous POTUS - B.H.O.

5. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Have you read The Harbinger yet by Rabbi Jonathan Cahn ? It suggests divine hardships on the people's of the the United States (Shemitah). Puerto Rico is a sign of this divine hardship we must yeild to higher forces. Start reading son.

Hystckndle likes this.
  6. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

I believe God helps those who helps themselves, Im tired of the same fking people round the world holding their fking hands out, when i got laid off 2/3 times over my life i travelled hours to work and pay the bills, did odd jobs ect, never got no hand outs. Still hearing about pagan babies in African since i was in grade school and the likes, put dam birth control in the water of these countries that all they do is breed.

7. searcher

Hurricane Relief – Where Are The US Army Watercraft?

September 30, 2017 by Editorial

Why are Army LCUs & LSVs sitting at the dock at Ft Eustis VA and not underway heading to Puerto Rico?

By Michael Carr, US Army Watercraft Master (Ret) – Hurricane Harvey slammed into Texas, then Hurricane Irma collided with Puerto Rico and smashed through Florida, followed by Hurricane Maria devastating Caribbean Islands before decapitating Puerto Rico.

Incomprehensible damage from these horrendous storms, including destroyed infrastructure & lack of transportation capabilities, present conditions for which US Army Watercraft were conceived and designed, i.e. providing logistical support in degraded and unimproved ports, and the ability to land on unimproved beaches.

Only the US Army operates Logistical Support (LSV), Land Craft Utility (LCU), and Landing Craft Mechanized (LCM) vessels. Within the Army inventory there are eight LSVs, 35 LCUs, and multitude of LCMs. These vessels are stationed throughout the world, with a good number here in United States, in particular Baltimore MD, Ft Belvoir VA, Ft Eustis VA, Morehead City NC, and Tampa FL.

Why have they not been deployed to help in relief efforts in Texas, Florida Keys, and Puerto Rico? LCUs in particular, are an ideal platform for relief support. LCUs, at 174 ft LOA, can work independently for 18 days, with a range of over 10,000 miles. They are capable of beach landings and retractions, while carrying in excess of 350 tons of cargo, which can include rolling and tracked vehicles, standard and non-standard containers, fuel bladders, etc.

LSVs, at 300 ft LOA are fully self-deploying. Equipped with bow and stern ramps, they can load and offload cargo on beaches and improvised piers. They are capable of carrying 82 ISO containers on deck, or 2,000 tons of assorted cargo. LSVs can make 10,000 gallons of fresh water daily, have incinerators for burning trash, and have tankage for over 250,000 gallons of fuel. LSVs can sustain themselves for months at a time, having a crew of 32.

As I read more and more of the devastation in Texas, Florida Keys, and Puerto Rico; no power, no fresh water, no communications…… I know Army LSVs, LCUs, and LCMs could easily be providing support. Moving from beach to beach, offloading generators, fuel, food, medical supplies, providing power, communications, and medical care.

When the US Army designed their Watercraft units and commands it was for just such a mission. Sail to remote locations, where there is little to no infrastructure, no

command and control centers, no support services, and provide the equipment, Soldiers and talent to set up a functioning logistics over the beach operation.

The Army trains with the Navy in just such a capability, called Joint Logistics Over the Shore (JLOTS). Now is the time for the Army and Navy to put their JLOTS talent and training to work in the real world. There should be a massive and immediate effort to “invade” Texas, Florida Keys, and Puerto Rico with our ability, and prove our ability to insert and operate in a truly degraded environment.

NOAA’s Coast Pilot #5, which covers Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands, and what should be no surprise to any proactive and forward thinking Emergency Response or Military leader, is this: there exist hundreds of protected, sheltered and accessible ports along all of Puerto Rico’s North, East, South and West Coasts.

All these ports have sand beaches easily accessible to Army LCM, LCU and LSV landing craft. All locations have roads, and industrial capabilities. Its fully within our military’s ability to setup individual mini JLOTS operations in multiple ports, which can all push inland and quickly link-up.

Establish a beachhead, set down buoys and lanes into the beaches, pump fuel and water into bladders, and establish an organized command and control and throughput operation. There are Navy Beachmaster Units, and SEABEES who can assist.

Why are Army LCUs & LSVs sitting at the dock at Ft Eustis VA, and elsewhere along the US East Coast and not underway heading to Puerto Rico?

Michael W. Carr is a graduate of the US Coast Guard Academy and served in the US Coast Guard and US Army Watercraft Field. Carr holds a Masters Degree in Unconventional Warfare & Special Operations from American Military University. He is a former US Navy Diving & Salvage Officer and is the author of “Weather Predicting Simplified: How to Read Weather Charts and Satellite Images”, McGraw Hill International.

http://gcaptain.com/hurricane-relief-us-army-watercraft/

8. searcher

Crockett likes this.
  9. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    image.jpg

searcher likes this.
  10. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

SMOKING GUN=> San Juan Teamsters Didn’t Show Up for Work to Distribute Relief Supplies – US Aid Rotting at Ports
    September 30, 2017 by Jim Hoft 79 Comments

The liberal media is pounding President Trump over the suffering in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
    The San Juan Mayor slammed President Trump for ignoring the suffering people of Puerto Rico.

[​IMG]

She said this while standing in front of pallets of US aid from the mainland.

Now we know why the people have no aid.
    The Teamsters Union drivers did not show up to work.
    Only 20% of drivers arrived at the ports to distribute the relief supplies.

Conservative Treehouse reported:

Puerto Rican born and raised, Colonel Michael A. Valle (”Torch”), Commander, 101st Air and Space Operations Group, and Director of the Joint Air Component Coordination Element, 1st Air Force, responsible for Hurricane Maria relief efforts, has the following comment:

…They have the generators, water, food, medicine, and fuel on the ground, yet the supplies are not moving across the island as quickly as they’re needed.

“It’s a lack of drivers for the transport trucks, the 18 wheelers. Supplies we have. Trucks we have. There are ships full of supplies, backed up in the ports, waiting to have a vehicle to unload into. However, only 20% of the truck drivers show up to work. These are private citizens in Puerto Rico, paid by companies that are contracted by the government”.. (link)

More… here.

The union is reportedly not allowing drivers to remove goods from the Port of San Juan.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Kambree Kawahine Koa

✔@KamVTV

Did mayor of San Juan mention union workers at port are on STRIKE & demanding money first before distributing supplies off boat? #amjoy

1:03 PM - Sep 30, 2017

Follow
    [​IMG]TheLastRefuge @TheLastRefuge2

US MILITARY ON PUERTO RICO: "THE PROBLEM IS NOT FEDERAL, IT'S LOCAL DISTRIBUTION
    " http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/us-military-on-puerto-rico-the-problem-is-distribution_us_59ce5906e4b0f3c468060dee?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004 … via @HuffPostBlog

1:34 PM - Sep 30, 2017
    [​IMG]
    US MILITARY ON PUERTO RICO: "THE PROBLEM IS DISTRIBUTION"
    “100% of the island is without power. The hurricane came through the middle of the island. It’s picture perfect devastation. As a Puerto Rican it trouble...

huffingtonpost.com

The relief bottleneck was out of the Port of San Juan.

Follow
    [​IMG]Cate Long

✔@cate_long

Big number of semis now pulling out of Port of San Juan -- this was the relief bottleneck for Puerto Rico.
    https://twitter.com/fortalezapr/status/914174435099209730 …

1:08 PM - Sep 30, 2017

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...tribute-relief-supplies-us-aid-rotting-ports/

11. Irons

BREAKING=> San Juan Mayor Invited to FEMA Command Center Several Times – Refused to Show Up!
    September 30, 2017 by Jim Hoft 17 Comments
    The liberal media is pounding President Trump over the suffering in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
    The San Juan Mayor slammed President Trump for ignoring the suffering people of Puerto Rico.

[​IMG]

Now this…

The San Juan Mayor has been invited to the FEMA Command Center SEVERAL TIMES — She has refused to show up!
    View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Katherine Faulders

✔@KFaulders

Asked a WH official if POTUS has plans to meet with the Mayor of San Juan Tuesday and got this response -->

9:13 AM - Sep 30, 2017
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ma-command-center-several-times-refused-show/

BigJim#1-8, andial, Crockett and 3 others like this.
  12. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    I've seen this on FB a couple of times...

Here's a post from a man in PUERTO RICO across the street from the airport...

"I got online for the first time in days and one of the very first things I saw was an out and out lie about the government's response to the crisis I am in the middle of. I don't care if you hate or love Trump, using the crisis in Puerto Rico to spread political lies is disgusting! I am literally across the street from the airport, and the hotel I am in is where many of the first responders are staying, so here is what is going on from someone who is actually here seeing it.

The government is here and has been here! Every single day plane after plane full of FEMA, FBI, homeland security, army, Air Force, Marines, and extra police officers from all over the country shows up. Cargo plane after cargo plane and ship after ship full of supplies shows up. There is a hospital ship off the coast that I can see from the beach. The response was quick and it keeps coming!

They are out every day from sun up until sun down. This isn't a political issue, it is a humanitarian one. The lies being spread about the response aren't helping the people here, it is just fueling hate based on lies! If you want to help Puerto Rico, donate money or supplies and pray. If you want to play politics find something else to argue about! Not like there aren't hundreds of topics for you to choose from!

Edited to add this- Roads have been completely destroyed in many areas, especially the remote one. The military and FEMA are going out to these places on foot with 100 lbs + packs on their backs. It is requiring them to cut their way through flooded areas to get there. It will take time to reach everyone when conditions are as bad as they are...

P.M."

andial, Crockett, Cigarlover and 4 others like this.
  13. Hystckndle

Get call at shop from FEMA.
    I personally took it.
    Go there Friday morning to walk a small project to give them a quote.
    They have a brand new warehouse rented.
    Go in front then back to warehouse.
    There is, say maybe 20 guys, older types, no young wet behind ears ones, all sitting standing behind folding tables or on phones , laptops going , paperwork etc.
    Go into warehouse, its maybe 15% full, place is just getting set up.
    There are pallets of folding tables shrink wrapped. Foot lockers on pallets shrink wrapped. All kinds of new command center ( If I was staging it ) stuff on pallets shrink wrapped.
    They were not messing around. It was impressive.
    Central Florida Intl Airport area. If I did not know about PR....heh....I woulda been worried about an impending event.
    Anyone ever done business in PR ?
    Better double your estimated costs and 1/2 to 1 / 4 your expectations of out put and double or better yet triple your schedule. Its another country. Not part of US for sure. As far as work expectations. Its worse than NYC or Miami.
    For the life of me I dunno hows it manufacturers operate there. Pharma, GE etc. And meet labor expectations.
    Government corrupt as all get out. See above bonus and pension comments. Last 2 years , .gov peeps there received 100 or so millions in toto as eoy bonuses.
    I can totally believe the above posts about teamsters, locals " waiting " etc etc. Infighting. General dont GAS for a large % of folks.
    See also the above post about unemployment %.
    Se above post about 11 or so shipping centers around the island.
    Supplies are getting there but it aint 711 convenient for eone. I mean cmon.
    OTOH, no phones, no personal fuel, no business trucking fuel, as in no so much large event planning...road problems.
    I mean WTF can you expect ?. Not eone WANTS to show up for work the next day or week. They want to take care of their families.
    Multiple bogies. Crap, dammed if ya do dammed if ya do not.
    Infrastructure is toast. Makes one wonder where the billions went.
    Still....
    This woman is complainng about a golden egg.
    One thing Trump DOES know about is " the organization of men and materials towards a long tern common goal "
    This is almost horse, water, drink stuff.
    But multiple bogies man.
    IMHO the ports are stuffed. Military will have to drive it.
    Locals will be busy doing what they always do.
    These pot shot stories will continue.
    Media has nothing good to say. And this lady in a total tool.
    I mean ya live on an island in the historical hurricane PATH and eone is surprised like heck when one mows you over.
    Nothing like it.
    Anyways...yack later. Work to do.
    Go Trump and Team.
    Regards to all,

Goldhedge, andial, Crockett and 3 others like this.
  14. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

A little "Heat" and things role faster, the Jones Act causes costs to rise for Puerto Rico, maybe that needs a permanent repeal and I think the bankers can kiss their(your) money goodbye.

15. searcher

Factbox: Relief Efforts Underway In Puerto Rico After Hurricane Maria

September 30, 2017 by Reuters

[​IMG]
    State University Of New York (SUNY) and NYSDOCCS trucks drove through the night to deliver donated supplies to this SUNY Maritime College ship prior to departing for Hurricane Relief Efforts FL headed to Puerto Rico. Image via SUNY Maritime College

(Reuters) – Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory of 3.4 million people, struggled through a tenth day with virtually no electricity, patchy communications and shortages of fuel, clean water and other essentials in the wake of Hurricane Maria, the most powerful storm to hit the island in nearly 90 years.

The storm struck on Sept. 20 with lethal, roof-ripping force and torrential rains that caused widespread flooding and heavily damaged homes, roads and other infrastructure.

These are the resources deployed by the United States to Puerto Rico as of Friday:

MILITARY RESPONSE
    – There are about 4,500 U.S. troops on the ground in Puerto Rico, including active duty and national guard. An additional 1,400 National Guard members are expected to arrive in Puerto Rico in four days.

– Forty-three FEMA officials, teams of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and more than 1,600 National Guard members had sheltered in place during the storm.

– The U.S. military has the USS Kearsarge and Oak Hill, amphibious assault ships, assisting in relief efforts. The USS Wasp, which has completed relief efforts off the coast of Dominica, will soon be joining them.

– The USNS Comfort, a hospital ship, is en route to Puerto Rico. The Comfort is equipped to carry up to 1,000 hospital beds, 12 operating room and one of America’s largest trauma units.

The Training Ship Kennedy, under orders from MARAD, docked in Puerto Rico on the 27th to provide housing for FEMA personnel.

The Training Ship Empire State is currently steaming to Puerto Rico with emergency supplies and housing for up to 650 people.

– Fifty-two tilt/rotary-wing aircraft are taking part in efforts, according to the Pentagon.

– A Defense Logistics Agency shipment of 100 trucks with diesel and fuel will arrive in next few days.

– The Defense Logistics Agency is preparing to distribute potentially 160 million meals in 30 days.

– By Friday, 15,000 gallons of propane were expected to arrive in Puerto Rico.

– On Thursday, a C-5C aircraft landed with a generator to help radar approach operations, the Pentagon said.

POWER AND WATER
    – There are 4,000 people working to restore electricity and private U.S. companies will be bringing in 1,000 additional workers this weekend, the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) said.

– About 50 percent of people on the island had access to water on Friday, according to PREPA.

– The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has completed a damage assessment at the Guajataca dam and are consulting on repairs. A flash flood watch is posted this weekend with 1 to 3 inches (2.5 to 7.5 cm) of rain possible.

INFRASTRUCTURE
    – The Pentagon said that eight airports are open, while one airport is still closed.

– Five of the six FEMA-priority sea ports are open or open with some restrictions, according the U.S. military.

– According to the Pentagon release, citing a federal coordinating officer, 400 out of 676 gas stations are open.

– About 90 percent of cell phone sites on island remain out of commission, according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.

– According to a Pentagon update, which cites FEMA, one hospital was fully operational, 55 were partially open and five were closed. The status of eight hospitals was unknown.

Reporting by Idrees Ali; Editing by Mary Milliken and Lisa Shumaker

http://gcaptain.com/factbox-relief-efforts-underway-puerto-rico-hurricane-maria/

16. Irons

The communist media desperately needs a Katrina level failure to pin on President Trump after smooth well planned relief efforts in FL and TX. They can't get over the fact that their pet leaders bush and hussein were ridiculously incompetent boobs. They need a failure to promote and they're not getting one.
    So like the good communists they are they try to create a failure with a campaign of lies. Scripts were handed out to the party faithful to be read in front of cameras.

It still isn't working. Every lie they spew is countered 100 times by real people on the ground.
    It's gotta be tough times nowadays for a commie script reader.
    The propaganda they so easily got away with just a year ago is immediately suspect and quickly rejected now.

17. Goldhedge

Retired

Puerto Rican Cop Calls Radio Station Exposing Their Mayor

18. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

This BEE-ATCH might be more credible if she WAS NOT doing the photo op in front on TONS of FOOD.

19. GOLDBRIX

THIS same BEE-ATCH blames The Jones Act, and Act that has been active since 1917 / 1920.
    BEE-ATCH
    will not answer direct questions.

Irons and Hystckndle like this.
  20. latemetal

The Jones Act is one of many American imposed laws that make Puerto Rico noncompetitive with its Caribbean neighbors, the federal minimum wage is another. American regulations have strangled the PR economy, as a result look to Florida to flip to a blue state as we are overwhelmed by the invasion from the island. This was the final nail in the coffin...

Hystckndle likes this.
  21. Hystckndle

Yer scaring me LM...
    But is all seriousness..
    Figure only a few more, maybe 5 or so years here.
    Then outta Dodge...

22. GOLDBRIX

Interesting information THANKS l.m.

23. Goldhedge

Retired
    Figures. Trump Bashing San Juan Mayor Was Big Hillary Clinton Supporter in 2016
    October 1, 2017 by Jim Hoft

[​IMG]

Just four days ago San Juan, Puerto Rico Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz Soto praised FEMA for the work on the island.

[​IMG]

Puerto Rico was devastated by Hurricane Irma and then Hurricane Maria a categaory 5 monster hurricane two weeks later.

But Caren Yuliz Cruz Soto is a Democrat so she expects everything to be given to her for free.

On Friday she went out on all of the liberal mainstream news outlets and trashed President Trump.

[​IMG]

San Juan Mayor: “I’m mad as hell because my people’s lives are at stake… We are dying, and you (Trump) are killing us with inefficiency”

The San Juan mayor accused FEMA and President Trump of offering her no help.
    She said this in front of a pallet of US aid.

For the record… Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz has refused to visit the FEMA headquarters after several invitations and is not participating in ANY FEMA meetings.

Wow!

[​IMG]

On Saturday FOX News contributor Geraldo Rivera interviewed Mayor Cruz and then tweeted this.

Ouch!

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 6.25.18 PM.png

Now this…

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz is a staunch Democrat who supported Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election.
    Via Reddit The Donald:

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 6.26.07 PM.png

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...uan-mayor-top-hillary-clinton-supporter-2016/

24. Irons

Puerto Rican CEO Calls Local Government ‘Corrupt and Inept’ – Sends His Own Team to Help FEMA Efforts
    October 1, 2017 by Cristina Laila 24 Comments
    As previously reported, the liberal media is pounding President Trump over the suffering in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.

San Juan Mayor Cruz who happens to be a huge Hillary Clinton supporter, immediately received huge backlash for her blatant lies and anti-Trump propaganda during a time of crisis.

In an op-ed in the New York Post, Jorge Rodriguez, the Harvard-educated CEO of engineering firm PACIV based in Puerto Rico said he refuses to work with local governments because they are inept and riddled with corruption.

[​IMG]

Via New York Post:

I have 50 engineers that I have sent out pro bono to help local companies get back on their feet. This includes getting people gasoline and cash, and helping them connect to others that can assist with repairs without delays.

I won’t allow my people to work with the local government.

I have a message for the U.S. Congress: Watch out what relief funds you approve and let our local government handle. Don’t let the Puerto Rican government play the victim and fool you. They have no clue what they are doing, and I worry that they will mishandle anything that comes their way.

Rodriguez also pointed out that Puerto Rico can’t even handle regular societal needs due to decades of government corruption and that the water and power systems were already failing prior to hurricane Maria’s devastating blow.

Ricardo Rossello is a 36-year-old Governor with no experience dealing with budgets. In fact, Rodriguez says the Governor never really held a job before and his entire administration is totally inexperienced. They have no idea how to handle a crisis this large.

Read the full op-ed here.

The Puerto Rican CEO isn’t the only prominent person calling out Mayor Cruz and government corruption.

As previously reported, Mayor Angel Perez of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico ripped San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz on Saturday after she attacked President Trump and accused him of doing nothing to help Puerto Rico after the island was devastated by Hurricane Maria.

The Daily Caller spoke with Mayor Angel Perez and he described how his experience with government assistance has been different than what Cruz described because he is actually attending FEMA meetings and proactively helping his community:

“My experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. I’m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses.”
    When Perez was asked about the “Genocide” comment Cruz made, the Mayor responded:

“I don’t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and she’s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I don’t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.”

Cruz is getting ripped on social media as well for ‘performing for the cameras’ instead of for the citizens.

30 Sep
    [​IMG]Cate Long

✔@cate_long
    Replying to @DAVILACOLON @bpolitics
    Exactly. And the uninformed national media ate it like candy. Are any parts of SJ still flooded now?

Follow
    [​IMG]Kenneth D McClintock @PRKDMc
    A lot of unremoved debris on SJ's highways and byways. SJ mayor should emulate other mayors: perform for citizens, not for cameras.

2:37 PM - Sep 30, 2017 · Hato Rey Norte, Puerto Rico

The propaganda is theatrical at this point with the Mayor of San Juan wearing a “Help us we are dying” t-shirt as she claims Trump is ignoring Puerto Rico. Beyond pathetic.

[​IMG]

Just look at her ‘SOS’ hat and ‘help us we are dying’ t-shirt. This type of propaganda is even shocking to the most jaded news junkies. The only reason why Cruz’s people are suffering is because the supplies aren’t being dispersed; she is willing to sacrifice her own people in order to take a shot at Trump. Unbelievable.

[​IMG]

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...t-corrupt-inept-sends-team-help-fema-efforts/

Hystckndle and Surface like this.
  25. latemetal

26. Surface

Surface Seeker Seeker

that mayor is cornfused, she's a shark trying to look like a jet, while still sounding like a shark... Now I'm cornfused. I think she has merely snapped, and as the musical west side story clearly demonstrated... Snapping is a legitimate from of gang violence.

Goldhedge and andial like this.
  27. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

One thing that don't lie is the pictures of pallets full of supplies.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  28. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

There's probably no virgins over the age of 13 in PR.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  29. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

BTW... you notice how absent gold and silver are from the thoughts of everyone in PR? They want cash.

GOLDBRIX, Hystckndle and Goldhedge like this.
  30. Goldhedge

Retired
    Typical small time hoods like her will hold back resources and dole them out for political favors.

I suspect this "mayor" no different.

PR is going to get the rap as being corrupt. Like we didn't know already...this just confirms it.

Keep the goods at some compound and see what else the US will send.

Stuff gets "misplaced" on purpose.

Surface likes this.
  31. Hystckndle

Just read the port zone there is using 4000 gallons of fuel a DAY to keep the stuff cold.
    And it sits.
    Also...lots and lots of stores are ready to receive goods but cannot.
    Fuel dispersement. Fuel acquisition.
    One of the links Search posted was of 1000 gallon trucks shipping out to back up what is already there.
    So its roads, Navy and Marines and locals been clearing.
    Then fuel....which is there for sure but needs dispersed.
    Not so hard to figure out...
    Wheres the PR trucks and fuel reserves.
    It aint like they got ONE day of diesel on the island (?)
    Whats the Mayors problem ?
    " Get to Work "
    Paid shill ?
    Or just looney tunes ?
    WTF...are they a state ???
    Interviews above are a hoot.
    OTOH...generators eat a shitepot of fuel.
    Keeping a refrigerator going is cost prohibitive
    for a long period really.
    So if its up to 6 months till elec comes back.
    Gonna need a lot of MREs.
    FUBAR. Perfect storm.
    " Leaders " are acting like this ?
    Yeah. Darn it man.
    IMG_5441-570x600.jpg

Surface likes this.
  32. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

Yes:2 thumbs up:

Hystckndle likes this.
  33. Hystckndle

Of course they are considering the infrastructure is toast.
    Insulin, oxygen etc etc.
    You name it out.
    3.4 Million souls.
    Most ALL protocols for hospitals and homes here are fuel for gen systems for 72 hours. Some longer.
    Perhaps longer there.
    But after that...they simply do not have a play book for
    " ran out of diesel in emerg gen after 72 or 84 or 96 hours ".
    Not pretty.
    Roll some more trucks.

34. Goldhedge

Retired
    Puerto Rico Union Allegedly Refuses to Deliver US Aid, On Strike Because of Local Law

Head of relief effort says only 20 percent of drivers are showing up to work
    By Joshua Philipp, The Epoch Times
    October 1, 2017 8:48 pm

Relief supplies given to San Juan, Puerto Rico, by the Trump administration are allegedly sitting at the ports, as truck drivers with a local union refuse to deliver the supplies. A local mayor and President Donald Trump have accused San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz Soto of playing politics with the failures in the distribution of supplies.

A CNBC segment reported that 9,500 cargo containers with medicine, food, and other goods are stuck at the port of San Juan. It noted they need the local truck drivers to move the goods if they’re going to receive the next shipment of supplies currently on its way.

CNBC blamed failure to move the supplies on the inability of trucking companies to contact their drivers to get them to go to work and on a lack of fuel for the delivery trucks. Local media have reported a different reason: truck drivers with the Puerto Rican Teamsters Union, Frente Amplio, are allegedly refusing to move the supplies.

According to the local TV station WAPA, the strike is over a recently passed law: “el proyecto del Senado 525 que da paso a la Ley de Transformación Administrativa de la Comisión de Servicio Público,” also called “el Proyecto del Senado 525.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/puert...d-on-strike-because-of-local-law_2324073.html

Surface, Irons and Hystckndle like this.
  35. Hystckndle

If that is true, and it smells like something of the sort at the minimum...
    These people should be held accountable for loss of life
    And Trump....should have his way with them...

Surface, Irons and GOLDBRIX like this.
  36. GOLDBRIX

I would be filling up the local GRAYBARS with Union Executives then Union foremen, and then every trucker found NOT in a moving truck working his manifest.

37. latemetal

Agreed, but with no roads, we have hit a bottleneck. If 5% have power, I see diabetics dying real quick.

Hystckndle likes this.
  38. edsl48

edsl48 Silver Member Silver Miner

searcher, Irons and Hystckndle like this.
  39. Goldhedge

Retired
    Whoops!

Busted: Trump-Bashing Mayor Of San Juan CAUGHT, $20,000 In Public Funds GONE
    Posted by Danny Abarno | Oct 2, 2017

[​IMG]
    It has been revealed that the Mayor of San Juan, Cruz above, redirected $20,000 in state funds towards group dedicated to violent riots.

Turmoil and chaos continues to plague the island of Puerto Rico as the aftermath of Hurricane Maria settles. The left has relentlessly used the recent hurricanes in the Atlantic to bash President Trump and his attempts to help these affected areas because they are doing anything they can to harm his presidency. The Mayor of San Juan in Puerto Rico has especially lashed out against the President’s attempt to help but her involvement in corruption and collusion makes her an unhelpful hypocrite. It has been revealed that she directed up to $20,000 of state funding to violent groups participating in riots.

Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz is the liberal mayor of San Juan and has been one of the biggest critics of Trump’s attempts to help. There is a constant outcry from the media claiming that Trump is not helping enough or that he is somehow racist for not helping. Not only has Trump helped about as much as a President could, other Puerto Ricans are finding that the help from the United States is great.

[​IMG]
    The destruction in Puerto Rico has been devastating but the United States is doing everything they can to help the people and rebuild.

The Mayor has been vocal about her lack of respect for Trump in the past and it is no surprise that a Democrat is using their position of power and influence to spread a political message during a time of crisis. However, her involvment with corruption and colluding with violent rioters makes her the last person who should critcize relief efforts. Cruz directed state funding to a group called “Call to Action” who organized a violent protest againt United States involvement in Puerto Rico.

The event organized by Call to Action was designed to protest against the United States becoming involved with the drastically unbalanced Puerto Rican budget. The event quickly turned violent as these protesters were professional political activists engaging in organized violence designed to antagonize the opposition, just like groups like BLM or ANTIFA. These groups are dangerous because they support political violence over peacefully talking through complicated issues and their supporters are eager for the unrest and turmoil.

Mayor Cruz’s involvement with the relief efforts of Puerto Rico have been described as unhelpful and actually problematic. Other Puerto Ricans say she is a political hack who only works in front of the camera as a means to gain voters and that she has almost refused to work with FEMA. The constant reminded from the media that suggests that Puerto Rico is being neglected by the United States is an outright lie that is being used to hurt Trump.

[​IMG]
    Mayor Cruz has been critical of President Trump but her own past reveals she is just another liberal demagogue only interested in money and influence.

The corruption involving Mayor Cruz does not stop at funding radical and violent protesters but also misdirecting funding towards her friends. It was revealed that Cruz approved almost $10 million in Christmas bonuses to her staff while the rest of Puerto Rico suffered from a horribly unbalanced deficit. Liberals like Cruz are not in the public service to serve the public but rather to serve themselves and their friends’ interests.

Conservatives and other Americans have to be cautious when listening to politicians who are using their position during a traumatic event to push an agenda. The Mayor of Houston did the same thing during Hurricane Harvey as a means to spread the main policy of the DNC, resist. Mayor Cruz’s voters must recall a woman like this who would rather use her position as mayor to make her friends rich and spread an anti-Trump message rather than help the people of Puerto Rico.

[​IMG]
    Puerto Ricans seen here receiving aid and water from US personnel interested in helping as many people as possible.

In a shocking revelation, a police officer from Puerto Rico actually called a Latino radio station to explain how Cruz was actually hurting Puerto Ricans. He explained that Cruz was withholding food and supplies from citizens while trying to surmount some kind of publicity stunt. The Mayor will not work or help others unless in will benefit her in some way or another.

The recovery efforts that are being spearheaded by Trump and United States are being hindered by liberals like Mayor Cruz. She is using misinformation to spread a message of resistance and illegitimacy to the people of the world while Trump is doing everything within his power to help people in need. The Mayor of San Juan is a political hack who should be disregarded when it comes to information because she is an unhelpful and biased politician using her position to spread fear and ignorance.

searcher, Hystckndle and edsl48 like this.
  40. Hystckndle

10 4 there,
    That was one of the first things I thought of.