1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

QWAK,bitcoin creator revealed

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by GOLD DUCK, May 2, 2016.

1. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

2. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    He just wants to be left alone with his 1 million bitcoins.

3. itchy166

itchy166 Seeker

4. GOLD DUCK

5. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    That's definitely not the guy who created Bitcoin.

6. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Mujahideen,I don't know or care like bitcoin he is just a flash in the pan!:thumbs up 2:

the DUCK :winks2:

7. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

...and in 5000 years you'll be the fossilized remains of duck. What good will gold do you then?

Also, like your sig says, "IT is never realy OVER -- things just CHANGE!". BTC is just another change in how it's possible to purchase something. Just like the FRNs you use to buy your duck chow. If you can accept that FRNs aren't a store of value, but a tool to help you get the things you need in order to live the life you'd like to live, why do you have such a hard time seeing that BTC is relatively the same?

Well, the same in that it can be used as a currency. Never mind that it's not controlled by the Fed and independent of any government. Or do you think that only govs and central banks are capable of creating currency?

xhomerx10 likes this.
  8. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe King,In 5000years some one will find my GOLD and see it of extream value!At that time The concept of bitcoin and ciber currency will just be a silly notion of anticquity!

GOLD is for ever!:2 thumbs up:

GOLD is stardust --- bitcoin is just a fart in the wind!

9. Joe King

Why does it matter to you now, what happens to your gold in 5000 years? You still can't use it to directly purchase your duck chow.
    ...and I was just pointing out that you obviously accept that "things just change", as stated in your sig line. So I was just wondering why you wouldn't see BTC as just another change? I don't think anyone's saying it's like gold, but it is something that people have assigned value to, just like a piece of paper called an FRN that you buy your food with.
    Do those FRNs need to be guaranteed to be around and hold value for 5,000 years for you to be able to use them? I don't think so, as we all know FRNs aren't going to make it that long. Maybe 4,573 years, but no way will they last 5,000 years. Not gonna happen, no way no how. But you still trudge off to the store with a pocket full of 'em to get your duck chow. Why couldn't you just as easily click a button to transfer some BTC for it instead?

Here's a thought for you, if you knew the store would gladly accept oak leaves for duck chow and you had 100 acres of oak trees, would you use oak leaves to purchase your duck chow? Or would you insist on paying with your gold?

10. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe King,Dont't talk stupid---- I can trade GOLD for what ever local currency is preferred any ware in the world and buy what ever I want or need!:2 thumbs up:

I would not give you a can of tuna for a bitcoin and most stores would not either ---- stop trying to bait me!:thumbs down:

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  11. Joe King

I could say the same of aluminum soda cans. I can buy food with them only if I sell them first. However it is not sold for aluminum. What we're talking about is whatever that food is priced in. Sorry to say, but food isn't sold for gold any more than it is sold for aluminum. You must convert to a currency first.
    ...and the currency things are priced in is what we are talking about. Not commodities that can be converted to currency. By your line of reasoning one could say food is sold for cars and houses.

If all they took at the store was BTC, you would have to sell your gold for BTC in order to actually buy your food. Same as you do now with gold because the gold itself is no good at the store. You sell it for FRNs, then go buy your food.
    ...and I'm not baiting you, but rather attempting to engage you in actual discussion as opposed to broad talking points that glaze over the issue.
    If you can accept that things do change, as it says in your sig line, then I thought that perhaps you could see that BTC is just another one of those changes. A new way of being able to do something.

Or do you think only a gov or central bank is capable of creating a currency? That it's not something for the People to engage in?

12. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe King,Stop talking like a "jack ass" it does not become you --- but you may become one if you continue this foolish conversation!:dduck:

GOLD can sit for eons and eons with out oxidizing or rotting your cans can not ---- also it would take a pick up truck load just to buy a Wapper and a coke!:thumbs down:

GOLD is money always has been and will be as long a humans need money cans are not that is why people throw them away --- not worth there effort to save them!:thumbs down:

the DUCK:winks2:

13. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe King, IF, if ,if "If wishes were horses beggers would ride" "Then we would all be up to our eye balls in horse shit" --- WE kind of sort of are --- come to think of it.:dduck:

PS: the more you talk the deeper the horse shit gets!:thumbs down:

14. Joe King

Whatever. I was just wondering why your duck panties get in such a wad over BTC when you obviously have no problem converting to and using FRNs that are conjured out of the same nothing-ness that BTC is conjured out of.
    Is a nothing in one hand not equal to a nothing in the other hand?

Why is that an important feature of money to you? The currency you use today, no matter if gold, paper on electronic transfer, you will likely never see that exact piece of money or currency ever again. Why does it matter that it has the capability of lasting 5,000 years?

If gold is truly money, try buying your duck chow with it without having converted it into a currency first.
    ...and my only point in this is wondering why it matters what it is converted into, as long as you are able to get what you want for those FRNs or BTC or British Pounds that you converted it into.
    It's not as though you are keeping them, they are immediately being spent on goods and services. Why does it matter what that intermediary currency actually is? As long as it's accepted to purchase duck chow, it should be like water off your back.

15. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe your imagination is running over time with out a driver!

I have burned FRNS to show friends how truly worthless they are ---- I have also given away GOLD and SILVER coins to show how much more valuable they are!

When you use bitcoins to buy things you help the BANKERS continue there confusion of the public about money!:thumbs down:

16. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Guys, you're both right. Currency currently has value. Gold currently also has value. Currency is more portable than gold right now. Currency values come and go, gold value comes and stays. You can certainly convert gold to currency. It's been done for thousands of years. What you can't do, as an example of the difference, is convert much in the way of Zimbabwe dollars into much gold.

I believe that's The Duck's point. Gold always has and always will have value of some sort, the same is not necessarily true of paper currency. Currency and BTC could be worthless tomorrow (unlikely but possible). Gold...not so much

GOLD DUCK likes this.
  17. Joe King

And using FRNs doesn't? lol lol lol

Puhlease! You seem to like supporting the bankers, otherwise you wouldn't be against a competing currency system.
    ...and Ron Paul has long said that we need a competing currency, but the gov won't provide one so the People did it themselves.

Exactly how does using a currency the bankers are AGAINST, help them? They'd much prefer you just keep using FRNs and electronic transfer.....like what happens when you write that check with which to purchase gold. It's all transfered digitally via a network. No actual money changes hands....same as BTC.

Except the FRNs/electronic transfer that you are OK with is controlled by those you say you're against. (the bankers)
    So what's wrong with using a currency that is outside their control? BTC is like Tenth Amendment currency. It's in the realm of the People, not the banksters or gov.
    ...and that's really why I find it so perplexing that those who do not like the current inflationary monetary system we are supposedly forced to used, rail so hard against a currency that is fully in the hands of the People and that by its very nature is deflationary. Aren't those qualities that we would like to have in our current Dollar based system?

Edited to add: personally, I think it'd be great to have a national currency that got more valuable over time.
    It'd make me a more prudent shopper and cause manufacturers to make higher quality products in return for higher value "money". We'd be much better off, as a society.

18. Joe King

Which is why currency is but a tool with which to acquire the things you need in life. You get it, use it, and then it's gone on to someone else so they can do the same.
    I'm just tryin' to get the Duck to see that it's no different than selling gold for FRNs to buy duck chow. He doesn't keep the FRNs, but uses them as a tool to get what he truly wants. (more duck chow)

19. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe you are talking like a 5 year old so this song is for YOU!:thumbs down:

20. Joe King

Sorry duckie, I was just trying to engage you in non-rhetoric conversation about currency. My bad.

Edited to add: so can anyone else explain this?
    "...and that's really why I find it so perplexing that those who do not like the current inflationary monetary system we are supposedly forced to used, rail so hard against a currency that is fully in the hands of the People and that by its very nature is deflationary. Aren't those qualities that we would like to have in our current Dollar based system?"

So many say they hate the Fed and their baked-in-the-cake inflation of the currency, but when provided an alternative to it, do nothing but rail against that alternative.
    It's starting to seem like Itchy was right with his stockholm syndrome diagnosis.

xhomerx10 and itchy166 like this.
  21. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Two different philosophies, two different opinions.....it happens but neither of you are wrong IMHO

xhomerx10 and itchy166 like this.
  22. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Bitcoin for conducting transactions makes a lot of sense and so does holding gold for preserving wealth.

These two are not even in the same category once you start to break it down.

xhomerx10 likes this.
  23. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    yeah, me thinks these two guy are both sides of the same coin

xhomerx10 likes this.
  24. Joe King

That's pretty much the point I was trying to get across to Duck. They both have their own functions.
    ...and I really don't see much difference between "dollars" and BTC. Both are created via the digital realm and most everyone doesn't bat an eye towards using the Feds currency,....with all its built-in negatives.

The differences beteen BTC and the Feds currency is that it is deflationary by design and that it's not controlled by bankers or gov.....isn't that what we've been wanting?
    I just don't get the negativity towards it. If both are compared in the same light, how can BTC not come out on top?

itchy166 likes this.
  25. itchy166

itchy166 Seeker

The problem with spending your gold...

Or

Joe King likes this.
  26. Joe King

Man, I would SO love to encounter Mr Dice when he's out making one of his videos. lol
    ...and yes, those vids point out what will happen if you're ever forced to have to barter your gold with the "average guy on the street". If the "SHTF crash" ever happens, good luck getting full value for it.

27. itchy166

itchy166 Seeker

I figured that most here have seen those videos, but it is a good reminder to keep things in perspective when you are saying that gold is money.

I agree, it is. But if nobody else identifies it as money anymore, what do you do then?

Anyway, funny anecdote - I quit smoking about three weeks ago, and, to give my hands something to do, I bought a gold Krugerrand which I flip and roll in my hand when I'm craving a cigarette. As well as keeping my hand busy, it is also symbolic of how much I used to spend on cigarettes - a pack a day habit in ND works out to about $1800 per year. The Krug approximates that close enough.

Anyway, I openly flip a gold coin around at work, at restaurants and bars, walking down the street, at the gas station, everywhere.

I've only been asked about three times. In all three cases, I handed the person the coin so they could look themselves. (in one case a stranger).

They all handed it back and said it was cool or something similar. One asked if I'd been to South Africa. Not one asked about it being gold...

28. Joe King

Man, you lay it my hand and the foot race will be on! lol

Nah, I'm just joking, I'd never steal your coin.

itchy166 likes this.
  29. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe, just Slaves awakening and realizing they were born in to economic SLAVERY --- it tends to piss them off!:fighting:

itchy166 likes this.
  30. itchy166

itchy166 Seeker

Well, I've been cavalier about flipping it around in public, but as far as handing it to a stranger I'm a little more selective than it sounded. She was a waitress, so I didn't anticipate a foot race...

31. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,GOLD is the KEY that unlocks the chains of economic slavery!!!:thumbs up 2:

32. Dude

Dude Midas Member Midas Member

So now the discussion has shifted back to fed iou's vs BTC. I think most of us are aware of the historical significance and the physical nature of gold such that BTC cannot replace it within any short period of time.

The paper dollar or coin does have the distinction that you can transport said currency in your pocket, a wallet made from leather, in your sock, or just hold it in your hand and trade it for goods and services with no special devices or electronic wallet. Interesting times we live in. Currency now not backed by gold and backed by the faith in the government, choke, and a new digital brand, along with the old standby.

itchy166 likes this.
  33. Joe King

Is that why you're upset?

The way I see it, once you can justify to yourself the use of other currency, all manner of it should be ok. As in whatever works to be able to get what you need.
    Similar to how you have no real objections to using the bankers fiat that today is just as born-in-a-computer as BTC is.
    ...and at least BTC is open and honest and up-front about it. As I posted earlier, it's like Tenth Amendment currency. Ie: created and controlled by we the People. As in the same "We the People" spoke of in the Preamble to the same. Not to mention it's built-in deflationary nature. I ask you again, isn't that what we want in a currency? At least as long as it's impossible to have gold be used as money?

I agree with you that if we could actually use gold and silver themselves as money, as was done a Century ago, it would be great. However, in the current governmental system that would be next to impossible. In fact, it was already tried and ended up being crushed by the gov.
    An electronic version is currently the only alternative if you ever want to have a competing currency in your lifetime. Because if you're willing to wait until your masters decide to give you one, you'll be waiting forever because they derive no benefit from it. They've already got you hooked on their dollars. What more do they need?

itchy166 likes this.
  34. itchy166

itchy166 Seeker

I've always championed the idea of competing currencies within a given jurisdiction - although they only partially compete right now, one day maybe...

Edit: without government, what would you use?

35. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe,By using the bitcoin you cut your own throat with a hack saw and help the banker masters stay in power.:thumbs down:

It is not presented thst way the oposit but that is the illusion THINK about it!:oriental:

36. Joe King

I don't think anyone is saying it will replace gold. It's a currency. Comparable to Dollars.

There was a time that paper "money" and things like checks and wire transfers were unknown....but things changed....just as Duck says in his sig line. Which is why I started engaging him to begin with. On one hand he accepts that things change, but on the other fiercely opposes any change to what is currently used. Ie: bankers digits.

37. Joe King

How exactly does cutting them out of the equation, help them? They only benefit from lending their digits at interest for our use. If we skip that part, how is that a bad thing?

itchy166 likes this.
  38. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,JOE,the bankers goal is ciber currency no paper no GOLD no SILVER and believe it or not bit coin was/is there invention it is NOT what it was presented as --- just the oposit!:thumbs down:

Bitcoin was/is a bata test to see IF the public would/will accept it!

39. itchy166

itchy166 Seeker

Ww
    Why on earth would the government create an open-source, pseudo-anonymous, deflationary crypto currency to test whether people would accept the exact opposite?

In fact, people already accept a purely electronic monetary system. Their paychecks are deposited directly into their accounts, and they use their debit cards to spend them. No currency or FRN's, or "sound money" (that some here go on about), or anything else needs to be created - just digits on a computer screen...

At least BTC can't be counterfeit or inflated beyond its initial charachteristics. With BTC, you know in advance exactly what you get...

40. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,itchy166,The big lie about ciber currency is that it can NOT be traced or controlled. It CAN and WILL every transaction will be taxed and only barter and black marketing will be out side that tracking and controlling.

Ciber currency and "mark of the beast" are or will be sold to the people as a way to avoid the corrupt system but it will just be out of the frying pan and in to the fire!:chef:

Make the slaves forge there own chains and shackels!:thumbs down:

get the slaves to fight the wars to protect there masters!:thumbs down: