1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Ramblings

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Scorpio, Feb 5, 2014.

1. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

madhu likes this.
  2. madhu

madhu Silver Member Silver Miner

I stage 5 in most of the hospitals. Depressing and a hostile work environment with empowering morons. Any one who dares to do the right thing is bullied, subverted. Heck this probably happens at the VA hospitals every day. So many Systemically engineered problems. Incompetence is rewarded.

TAEZZAR and BarnacleBob like this.
  3. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
    Oh you can easily be fired through steps 3-5 for not complying with the SJW’s. The author isn’t far off and this crap has infected a formerly rough and tumble industry known as mining. I’ve seen some pretty ridiculous consequences over the last five years.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

For those that haven't yet seen, Crude hit $60 yesterday before rolling back now to mid to low 59's a barrel

and yet, USD is still hanging out in the mid 92's

Oldmansmith likes this.
  5. BarnacleBob

Atten Scorp.

NINE YEARS AGO THIS MONTH—

Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free in five years.

Gore made the prediction to a German audience in 2008. He told them that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”

This wasn’t the only time Gore made his ice-free prediction. Gore’s been predicting this since 2007.

According to Al Gore, the North Pole should be completely melted by now.
    Junk scientist Al Gore also made the same prediction in 2009.

Former Vice President Al Gore references computer modeling to suggest that the north polar ice cap may lose virtually all of its ice within the next seven years. “Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,” says Gore.

In January 2006, Al Gore posited “within the next 10 years, the world will reach a point of no return” and “a true planetary emergency” due to global warming.

Of course, this turned out to be nothing more than complete lunacy.

At least 8 Dire Predictions from the movie never happened – not even close.

This week the continental US is suffering through another deep freeze.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/...ree-today/

TAEZZAR and solarion like this.
  6. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

It's a miracle that we're still alive and able to use this wonderful Internet Al gore invented for us to discuss his failures as a prophet.

7. Scorpio

buy nattie

good grief it is cold,

note the song playing when this was taken...........addicted to pain

quite appropriate

cold.jpg

8. madhu

-22 thats bone chilling cold.

9. madhu

How many trillions does the fed have to unwind from their books?

10. Scorpio

don't believe they can,

once created, you can never put the genie back in the bottle,

their whole formula is based on inflation greater than previous,

any thoughts of the fed mashing the brakes is fantasy IMO,

madhu likes this.
  11. BarnacleBob

My first call has made it! 25,080 DJIA ..... Next stop 27,500 then 30k??? I dont see any upcoming resistance to hinder wave V from extending further. JMO

madhu and TAEZZAR like this.
  12. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Is this nothing more than the FOUNDATION for inflation ? I think so !

BarnacleBob likes this.
  13. Scorpio

I would argue it isn't the foundation, but it is the inflation itself manifesting in stocks.

Inflation is there in spades, in stocks, in housing, in many things now.

To me, the only question is if it spreads across most platforms, or if it is contained within 'desired' areas.

TAEZZAR likes this.
  14. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

That is the foundation I alluded to.

15. madhu

How and when is this party going to end.

16. BarnacleBob

[​IMG]

The party ends when the debt creation begins to diminish or initiates termination. Until then its party like its 1999 again!

United States Gross Federal Debt to GDP

The United States recorded a government debt equivalent to 106.10 percent of the country's Gross Domestic Product in 2016. Government Debt to GDP in the United States averaged 61.14 percent from 1940 until 2016, reaching an all time high of 118.90 percent in 1946 (WWII spending) and a record low of 31.70 percent in 1981

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp

Scorpio and madhu like this.
  17. TAEZZAR

What?? Gold was under $300 !!

whoa.jpg

BarnacleBob likes this.
  18. madhu

Artificial financial engineering. Awesome as long as this party lasts. Like Scorpio says it is difficult to put the genie back in the bottle. Only one way to go and that is inflation. We have to figure out ways to get out of the bubble when and if at all it is deflated.

How many more months or years for this party? Certainly a blow off top would be one of the warning . The last time it lasted roughly 1 year and 9 months roughly in 1999. Is there any other indicators that one can keep an eye out for?

BarnacleBob likes this.
  19. BarnacleBob

Watch the credit markets, all crashes begin when short term credit facilities begin to raise lending standards and/or terminate lending activities. This will then spread to longer dated issues of credit, but the real damage is done when rollover loans are no longer rolled over, but called.

I remember back in 1980-1981 just prior to prime interest rates rising to 16.5%, the banks & most other lenders called almost all revolving & even many fixed rate commercial loans, crashing both home & commercial construction activities in Florida & elsewhere, resulting in a local slump.

Market based margin calls on financial stocks, bonds & investment products are an effect not the cause of crashes. Essentially they are responding to signals of or an actual contraction in the credit market activities which usually arise when either real or imagined systemic risks are perceived by the institutional lenders.

FunnyMoney and madhu like this.
  20. Scorpio

Gold Prices Up 11 Days In A Row

Michael Seery - Seery Futures - Sun Jan 7, 3:52PM CST

Gold Futures--- Gold futures in the February contract are currently trading at 1,322 an ounce after settling last Friday in New York at 1,309 up about $11 for the trading week continuing its remarkable bullish run over the last month as we have now traded higher for the last 11 consecutive sessions.

Gold prices bottomed out on December 12th at 1,238 & has now rallied substantially right near a 4 month high as I am not involved in this market as the chart structure is terrible at the present time due to the recent run-up in prices all because of the U.S dollar has now hit a 3 month low supporting gold and the precious metals across the board.

At this point in time I am very reluctant to buy gold as I think it is overextended & if you take a look at the RSI indicator its in overbought territory as its remarkable in my opinion that gold has rallied this much despite the fact that the U.S stock market has hit an all-time high every day this week & looks to move even higher in 2018 in my opinion as I've talked about in many previous blogs I do believe that commodities are extremely cheap at this point in time.

If you're looking to buy gold I would wait for some type of retracement around the 1,300 level as patience is the key to trading sometimes, however the trend is to the upside as we are trading above the 20 and 100 day moving average, but I think prices are ahead of themselves.

TREND: HIGHER

CHART STRUCTURE: POOR

VOLATILITY---INCREASING

If you are looking to contact Michael Seery (CTACOMMODITY TRADING ADVISOR) at 1-630-408-3325 I will be more than happy to help you with your trading or visit www.seeryfutures.com

Skype Address: mseery TWITTER---@seeryfutures

FREE TRIAL FOR THE LIMIT UP COMMODITY NEWSLETTER

Email: mseery@seeryfutures.com

If youre looking to open a Trading Account click on this link www.admis.com

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures and futures options. Furthermore, Seery Futures is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained on linked sites. Trading futures and options is Not appropriate for every investor.

https://www.barchart.com/story/futu...utures/912845/gold-prices-up-11-days-in-a-row

21. BarnacleBob

22. BarnacleBob

The Fed & U.S. Treasury loaned over $16 trillions (freshly created) in response to the GFC (Great Financial Crisis) of 2007/08. NOTE that the Federal Debt levels have not declined as these loans have & are being repaid. This (new inflation) I think is fueling the stock, bond & crypto-currency bubbles & speculations. Commodities look cheap compared to the paper markets & financial products. JMO

The Fed's $16 Trillion Bailouts Under-Reported

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tracey...the-feds-16-trillion-bailouts-under-reported/

madhu and Scorpio like this.
  23. FunnyMoney

FunnyMoney Silver Member Silver Miner

I agree completely. I didn't read the article you linked to but of course it's very likely true.

In addition, as to the supposed future decreases in the FED's balance sheet and treasury purchases, I dare anyone to explain to me how exactly they can do that.

If the yearly budget is still heavily in the red and if the interest payments are going up and if they want to decrease their current holdings, then there's still going to be a lot of bonds that have to be bought. Do they really think the private sector is going to step up and buy all that? Private sector has been burned in the past by doing that and they're not likely to throw more good money after bad. The FED will need to loan (or more likely give away) more money to the private sector banks to use to buy the bonds.

In the end it's all simply inflationary. That is unless they want to let the bonds collapse in price and cause a massive global depression.

madhu likes this.
  24. Scorpio

BB,

If I remember correctly, $16T went to just the zerozone,

Then we have the dough forced on banks here,

and the dough dumped in Asia

So that number at the time was probably over $20T

As you state, where is it? We all heard the stories of the kenyan and solyndra solar, how $500B (still a big ass number) just vaporized. Yet, many of the banks and the like paid these loans back with interest.

BB asks, where is it? Why hasn't the deficit declined? Etc, etc.

A very simple question posed regarding VERY LARGE numbers,

Where is the money?

Good question BB, good question

as a reference point, the stock markets had risen $5.2T since the election as of early Oct, so it would be quite a bit higher now. Yet, nowhere near ++$20T

oil hasn't went anywhere, commods are nowhere, etc.

yet, refer back to the lows in stocks since 2009, and the story intensifies. Don't have the overall numbers handy, but easily could top the $20T

US Stock cap 2008 = $11.59T

US Stock cap 2016 = $27.25T (does not include the tramp year)

3.jpg

as for why the deficit isn't declining or? Answer seems simple enough, the massive deflation at that time simply deflated it (vaporized its value), thereby rendering it worthless.

this is the big secret that is hidden from view and why the outsized panic at the time by both bush and the kenyan

madhu and BarnacleBob like this.
  25. FunnyMoney

As of Dec. 2017, the total worldwide stock markets top $80 Trillion market cap.
    Global Stock Markets Equity Capitalization was around 60T prior to the last crisis in 2008 and hit a low of around 30T during the crisis.

I'm not saying that is where the money "disappeared" or transferred to, but it's likely one of the places.

26. Scorpio

invalid comment as it doesn't account for worldwide fiat creation over the period,

renders the comment as presented useless

27. FunnyMoney

Most of the fiat went to bank balance sheets. Has it all been paid back? After getting the injections, the banks took some and bought equities which started the stampede upward.

Not sure exactly what is the issue about the missing funds. Maybe I'm not sure what you're trying to find out? But the DOD is well over 3T in missing funds and the Bloomberg analysis done on the FED several years ago said there was roughly 9T unaccounted for there. So we're already talking some large numbers missing.

28. Scorpio

a next likely question is who has control of the dough if it did move into the markets?

did it move to private hands, and that is causing the massive stock gains over the period to 2009?
    seems pretty difficult to pull off, but that is the only way it could still exist on .gov books
    where it wasn't paid off, it was merely a accounting transfer

or is it still in .gov control with the fed and treasury both active players in the markets?

yet, if .gov still holds the paper, then how are these massive gains being accounted for?
    There is no line item for investment gains in the .gov budget.
    There has never been a admitted positive gain to anything they do. They are always reporting losses, whether from GM, Fannie, Freddie, or Solyndra.

Leaving one additional option,

The fed released credits into the economy, whether banks or corporations. Boatloads of monocoin.
    In return, the fed received broken down yugo's as collateral. All sides fully aware these would never be paid back.
    For instance, Bank A has $1B in yugo's or derivatives, failed investments, whatever. Fed issues $1B to the bank and receives the yugo in return. Bank A pays Fed the interest on the dough and removes a mess from their books.

After all, it is a accounting transaction, reported as 'releasing credit' into the economy. Remember the economy did not really march along through that initial period. There was low level economic activity.

The fed has nothing to report in gains as they bought a bunch of failed supposed assets, and only got some interest back in return.

With the books of corps and banks cleaned up, they were then more able to generate free cash, and that is what is ending up in the stock markets. That free cash ended up in the economy with some sitting in banks. That cash was spread around in new loan activity which further built economic activity over time.

Congratulations!

You are now the proud owner of a very large portfolio of yugo's and failed investments. Decisions made by pea brains and yield chasers. Names you will never learn of people you will never know.

29. BarnacleBob

FunnyMoney likes this.
  30. FunnyMoney

Yes, I read the synopsis, yes and yes and probably a lot more as well , off balance things never audited and we don't know about...

insiders create instruments to suck up wealth, numbers that can be anything they set.
    But still, better holding more of an asset, even if it is depreciating , than owning less of it, or none!
    Left owning everything, things valuable and those not so valuable

Both failed and non-failed and more than anyone else.

31. FunnyMoney

US dollar retaining some strength (against the EURO and some others), but have you seen the action lately against the Yuan? Dollar hegemony in trouble.

32. BarnacleBob

33. BarnacleBob

34. Scorpio

give me a break there chins.........

you cannot stop taking treasuries in trade so STFU

your hands are tied with no one to replace that massive lost volume

give 'ol Vene a call, maybe they could use some of your trinkets

ErrosionOfAccord likes this.
  35. madhu

36. FunnyMoney

So I understand the argument and it has value. But my feeling is that value existed more in force a decade or a few decades ago but no longer applies the way it used to.

Let me start at the bottom and go up...

For the trinkets: this reminds me of the cheap tools and toys that used to come out of China. But today, the quality of steel (not all of it, but lots of it) has greatly improved along withe quality of many products being produced by China. In the high tech industry we used to complain about how the engineering outsourced to there would come back very uncreative and of poor quality but today that is not the case and much of the work that goes overseas is coming back today nearly equal to what' produced here. Things have improved over the last 20 year all accross China's exports, sometimes very much so.

The USA used to absorb over 30% of China's total exports, but today that is down to around 15% and declining still. The wash of dollars China has to deal with is not as great as before and with all the nation to nation export agreements China is pursuing which don't use the USD, this trend of lessening the "large volume of dollars" problem is also continuing.

For the US treasuries, I'm not sure how long king dollar remains. It looks to me, unless there's a really big war in Asia, China is going to knock the dollar off of its pedestal. China has more bullet trains than the rest of the world combined, they are stepping up to the plate in all types of nation to nation relationships, their gold exchange actually delivers the gold to you within 3 days (unlike the Crimex), they are building airports and expanding in real terms (unlike our fake 3% GDP, which if you did the numbers correctly we'd be in a recession and have been in one for 10 years!)

They are the #3 miner of silver and the #1 miner of gold and have been for years. They're keeping all of that and buying more. The future payments for oil and other things are going to be increasing done in Yuan and will be convertible into gold! And the kicker to that is they've said the gold delivered in those transactions will be sourced outside of China in a JIT mechanism. That means they plan to buy that gold with hard currency in the global marketplace instead of using anything they've stored as savings.

They will be using USD to buy gold in the global marketplace and I believe they start doing that soon but very slowly. However, I also believe that will pick up lots of speed as we enter the next decade.

I'm not saying "I like" what that will mean for the world - I'm just saying that is how I read the tea leaves.

Joe King, BarnacleBob and madhu like this.
  37. BarnacleBob

It would be a major mistake & error to ever underestimate the absolute creative, economic & military powers of western civilization. Indeed China is rising, but it remains far behind the west! JMO

38. FunnyMoney

I agreed with the first part about the West, but China already exceeds everyone is a number of critical things, bullet trains and the major stations that are along their stops is only one point I would make, there also the number of supercomputers and the huge manufacturing base. I don't think China is going to dump the USD or the treasuries they hold, but future reductions in new buying is not something I believe the West can prevent.

39. Scorpio

you read the propaganda quite well,

hook line and sinker

as for the rest of the post, same same

there is zero evidence of any of it,

as for chin quality, I have no such experience as you claim

Destinations
    The top export destinations of China are the United States ($385B), Hong Kong ($287B), Japan ($129B), South Korea ($93.7B) and Germany ($65.2B).

Explore on Visualizations page Data Sources

1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  40. FunnyMoney

Are you sure it's propaganda?
    It is written in a way that it could be, but what it says is also confirmed widely.

Here's one link I looked at: https://financesonline.com/top-10pgold-producing-countries-in-the-world/

from the article...

1. China – 355,000 kilograms
    Topping this list as it tops so many others, China mines almost ⅓ more than the next closest competitor. In addition to taking top honors as producer, China is the number one consumer of gold, befitting a country whose development ...