1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Record Number Of Dallas Police Officers Quit In July Amid Ongoing Pension Crisis

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by SilverCity, Aug 9, 2017.

1. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace

Zerohedge article: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...fficers-quit-july-amid-ongoing-pension-crisis

Investments included:
    a $200m luxury apartment building in Dallas, luxury Hawaiian homes, a tract of undeveloped land in the Arizona desert, Uruguayan timber, the American Idol production company and a resort in Napa.

one such questionable real estate investment involved a piece of undeveloped land in the Arizona desert near Tucson which was purchased for $27m in 2006 and subsequently sold in 2014 for $7.5m.

Excellently poor asset management! Good job fellas...

SC

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

My 2 nephews just became police officers in South Florida. Now I'm scared. They are actually going to carry guns. Their dad is retired K-9 and fit the prototype, but the kids are not chips.

In addition, I purchased several parcels of vacant land near me from 50 cents to 50 cents on the dollar from the last purchaser. I passed along the buy signal almost 2 years ago in here, but just recently acquired 3 nice pieces. I think in less than 1 year 2 of these 3 are going commercial which should pay off my house and then some.