1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Moore - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by searcher, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Garyw

Garyw The Military gave me Defoliant Exposure Silver Miner

tired and retired
    He only has a couple of weeks to win his defense strategy. Too late time already ran out. He will still be on the ballot. He would not be the only child molester in congress. Let the people of Alabama Decide.

2. Garyw

Garyw The Military gave me Defoliant Exposure Silver Miner

tired and retired
    Yeah the fake news will be saying he masterbated in front of all those girls.

3. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

It's nice the RINO's traitors run to the front and identify themselves now. Makes it easy to see which ones have to go. Establishment RINO traitors want to see a democrat in the senate instead of a republican that will support President Trump's, and our, agenda.
    Oh, and these women they scraped up for their bullshit smear campaign are real winners too. Pathetic.

Roy Moore Accuser Is 3X Divorcee Who — ‘Claimed Several Pastors Made Sexual Advances At Her’
    November 10, 2017 by Joshua Caplan 448 Comments
    Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when a 32-year-old assistant district attorney, Roy Moore, made a sexual advancement on her. According to reports, Corfman appears to be a ‘real piece of work.’

[​IMG]

[​IMG]James Hirsen

✔@thejimjams

Purportedly Moore’s main accuser Leigh Corfman has had three divorces, filed for bankruptcy three times, and has been charged with multiple misdemeanors.

Posts on Moore's FB page indicate that Corfman, has claimed several pastors at various churches made sexual advances at her.

11:17 AM - Nov 10, 2017

The Star reports:

She says that her teenage life became increasingly reckless with drinking, drugs, boyfriends, and a suicide attempt when she was 16.

As the years went on, Corfman says, she did not share her story about Moore partly because of the trouble in her life. She has had three divorces and financial problems. While living in Arizona, she and her second husband started a screen-printing business that fell into debt. They filed for bankruptcy protection three times, once in 1991 with $139,689 in unpaid claims brought by the Internal Revenue Service and other creditors, according to court records.

In 2005, Corfman paid a fine for driving a boat without lights. In 2010, she was working at a convenience store when she was charged with a misdemeanor for selling beer to a minor. The charge was dismissed, court records show.

The news comes amid reports that the Washington Post failed to disclose another Moore accuser, Debbie Gibson, has worked as a sign language interpreter for Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Deborah Wesson Gibson, as she goes by on Facebook, supports Doug Jones.

[​IMG]James Hirsen

✔@thejimjams

The Washington Post failed to disclose that one of Moore's accusers was a sign language interpreter for Joe Biden and is a volunteer for Moore's Democrat opponent.

11:06 AM - Nov 10, 2017

While The Gateway Pundit cannot confirm Gibson is a volunteer for Doug Jones, we found Facebook posts that suggest she is a Democrat who wants to see Doug Jones because Alabama’s next Senator.

As The Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft previously reported, the Washington Post accused Judge Moore of dating a 14 year-old girl in 1979.

Judge Moore has denied the charges.

On Thursday a top Alabama political activist wrote The Gateway Pundit with this: “I think it’s total malarkey! The opposition, McConnell included, will do anything to keep him out!”

Judge Roy Moore posted this official response Thursday night against the “forces of evil.”

[​IMG]Judge Roy Moore @MooreSenate

The Obama-Clinton Machine’s liberal media lapdogs just launched the most vicious and nasty round of attacks against me I’ve EVER faced!

We are are in the midst of a spiritual battle with those who want to silence our message. (1/4) #ALSen

6:46 PM - Nov 9, 2017

The forces of evil will lie, cheat, steal –– even inflict physical harm –– if they believe it will silence and shut up Christian conservatives like you and me. (2/4) #ALSen

6:47 PM - Nov 9, 2017

I believe you and I have a duty to stand up and fight back against the forces of evil waging an all-out war on our conservative values!

Our nation is at a crossroads right now — both spiritually and politically. (3/4) #ALSen

Our children and grandchildren’s futures are on the line.

So rest assured — I will NEVER GIVE UP the fight! (4/4) #ALSen

Dorsai1a day ago
    The smear is failing apart as quickly as it was made. Moore will win in landslide as this will result in huge backlash.

• they are desperate and will try anything

• Reasonandbelieving AMERICAN CITIZEN✓a day ago

And the GOP Establishment Never Trumpers seem to be in on it.
      The actual "big loss" in the Virginia election was a GOP establishment goon losing even after he tried to clean up his past Never Trump statements.
      The GOPe knows what this means....they are out for good, destined to all lose in future election, if not in the primary ,then the general .
      That's why you see Magical Underpants Romney , McCain ,a nd others demanding Moore step aside. They want to make it so actual conservatives cant ever win against RINOS., thus making the RINOS the only voter choice

4. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    moore needs to hang in there. the accusers will crumble all around him

BigJim#1-8 and Irons like this.
  5. Irons

Swamp Creature McConnell Implies He May Not Seat Roy Moore if He Wins Election!
    November 11, 2017 by Cristina Laila 27 Comments
    Republican swamp creatures such as Mitch McConnell are so afraid that Roy Moore will win the Alabama Senate seat that they are pulling out all the stops to block him.

[​IMG]

On Thursday the far left Washington Post accused Judge Moore of dating a 14 year-old girl in 1979.

Judge Moore has denied the charges and says he’s going to reveal the motivations behind the WaPo hit piece in the next few days.

Establishment RINO hacks have been calling and texting each other trying to figure out how to stop Moore from taking the Alabama Senate seat.

According to a report by Axios, Republican swamp creatures may ask RINO hack Luther Strange who lost to Moore during the primary and Republican Rep. Robert Aderholtto to run as a write-in candidates.

It gets worse…

According to this Axios report, the Republican establishment hacks may even try to delay the Senate race or block Moore if he wins since it’s too late to remove him from the ballot!

Axios reports:

They’ve also weighed asking Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey to delay the Dec. 12 election to early next year. But she has already pushed it back once, after she assumed the role of governor in April when her predecessor was removed, and this option would likely inspire Moore and his team to file a lawsuit in court.

The New York Times reported that McConnell may not seat Moore even if he wins!

Republican senators and their advisers, in a flurry of phone calls, emails and text messages, discussed fielding a write-in candidate, pushing Alabama’s governor to delay the Dec. 12 special election or even not seating Mr. Moore at all should he be elected. In an interview, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, declined to say whether he would agree to seat Mr. Moore should he win. Mr. McConnell deferred a question about a possible write-in campaign by Senator Luther Strange, the current occupant of the seat, to Mr. Strange.

Democrat Senator from Hawaii Brian Schatz blasted this tactic saying it is not legal to delay an election just because you are likely to lose.
    Schatz even said delaying elections because you are afraid of losing is what they do in dictatorships.

[​IMG]

TRYNEIN, searcher and andial like this.
  6. Irons

Judge Roy Moore Receives MULTIPLE STANDING OVATIONS After He Blasts WaPo Trash at Veterans Day Event (VIDEO)
    November 11, 2017 by Jim Hoft 20 Comments
    Alabama Judge Roy Moore received several standing ovations on Saturday after he publicly refuted the trash report this week by the Washington Post about inappropriate sexual advances on a young teenage girl nearly 40 years ago.

Judge Roy Moore says he will release a report in the coming days that will reveal the motivations behind the WaPo hit piece.

Moore blasted the liberal media for pushing the trash report just four weeks before the Alabama senate election.
    The crowd at his Veterans Day speech suppported Judge Roy Moore 100%.

Breitbart.com reported:

Judge Roy Moore, the GOP nominee for the U.S. Senate here in Alabama, received a standing ovation from veterans and Republican supporters here at a public library at his first public event since the Washington Post smeared him earlier this week.

Moore’s condemnation of the Post came towards the end of a nearly 30-minute rousing speech honoring veterans and standing up for the principles of the United States just outside Birmingham here on Saturday morning.

“Now I want to address something that some people have come here to hear about,” Moore said in front 50 or so supporters, turning his attention to the giant pack of media who came to Alabama to report on this. “Shortly after becoming the Republican nominee for the United States Senate, the Washington Post began an attack on the Foundation for Moral Law, on my wife, and on me. For weeks, we read about my salary which they distorted, about taxes where they said we were paid money we never got. But we endured that.”

“Later, they came out and endorsed my opponent in this race,” he continued. “Just two days ago, the Washington Post published yet another attack on my character and reputation in a desperate attempt to stop my political campaign for the United States Senate. These attacks about a minor are completely false and untrue about something that happened nearly 40 years ago. But more than being completely false and untrue, they are very hurtful to me personally.”

“I’ve been married to my wife Kayla for nearly 33 years. We have four children. I have one daughter, and I have five granddaughters. I have the highest regard for the protection of young children,” Moore explained. “When I returned to Gadsen 40 years ago after military service, I went to work for the office of the District Attorney. As a student of the law, I have served in public office off and on for the last 40 years. To be attacked for allegations of sexual misconduct contradicts my entire career in law.”

“I wanted to make it clear to the media present and the people present, I have not provided alcoholic beverages—beer or anything else—to a minor. I have not been guilty of sexual misconduct with anyone,” he declared. “These allegations came only four and a half weeks before the general election on Dec. 12. Why now?”

For forty years I have been closely scrutinized in the press and the public media. I have had investigations by the attorney general, I’ve had investigations by the judicial inquiry commission on more than one occasion, I’ve had investigations by the court of the judiciary, I’ve been in five statewide campaigns in which they do opposition research—they do investigations, as you can see in every one I’ve ever run—and three county elections and two major controversies over religious liberty and the Ten Commandments and same-sex marriage,” he continued. “I’ve been investigated more than any other person in this country. That grown women would wait forty years to come right before an election to bring charges is absolutely unbelievable.”

At that point, the crowd in attendance rose, giving Moore a standing ovation.

Read the rest here.

Glasgow and BigJim#1-8 like this.
  7. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Exactly!

8. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

McConnell gave it away when he said Moore had to prove his innocence. He telegraphed the setup and needs to go ASAP.

Glasgow, Irons and BigJim#1-8 like this.
  9. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Trump says he hasn't looked into claims that GOP Senate hopeful Roy Moore molested a 14-year-old girl because he's 'too busy reading documents to watch television'
    • Trump made the claim to reporters aboard Air Force One on Saturday
    • He said he doesn't 'get much time to watch television' because of 'documents'
    • Trump frequently tweets about Fox News, SNL and 'mainstream media' channels
    • And he once boasted about the 60in TV he had installed in the White House
    • Moore has been accused of molesting a girl in 1979, when she was 14 and he 32
    • He says claims are lies designed to ruin his run for John Sessions' Senate seat
    • Blamed 'Democrats and established Republicans'; election is on December 12

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5073393/Trump-busy-read-Moore-child-molestation-claims.html#ixzz4yDAV5p2n
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

10. searcher

'It's hard to convince people you're not into young girls when you dress like Woody from Toy Story': SNL pummels embattled Senate candidate Roy Moore over accusations he preyed on teenage girls in the 1970s
    • New Saturday Night Live's cold open targeted Alabama Republican Roy Moore
    • Moore has been the target of allegations he sexually touched a 14-year-old
    • Three other women say he courted them when they were legal-aged teenagers
    • A former colleague spoke out saying it was 'common knowledge' he dated teens
    • Senate candidate has vehemently denied the 'politically motivated' accusations
    • Moore blasted the claims and is defying GOP establishment calls to drop out

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5074151/SNL-pummels-embattled-Senate-candidate-Roy-Moore.html#ixzz4yDDCPQv8

11. searcher

12. searcher

13. Irons

Uh huh. Way to get your facts correct there fake news tabloid web site.

searcher likes this.
  14. Irons

Alabama ABC Affiliate Can’t Find One Voter Who Believes WaPo Report About Roy Moore in Man-on-the-Street Segment

by JEFF POOR10 Nov 201722,270

During a segment that aired on Friday’s broadcast of Birmingham, AL ABC affiliate WBMA 33/40’s 5 p.m. local news, political reporter Lauren Walsh sought out voters in Columbiana, AL to gauge their reactions to the Washington Post report that alleged Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Roy Moore engaged in inappropriate conduct with four teenage girls more than 34 years ago.

None of the respondents according to Walsh told her they believed the Post’s reporting.

“It’s hard to believe the events that transpired yesterday,” Gordon Fluker of nearby Wilsonville, AL said to Walsh about the Washington Post report.

Fluker’s response was the standard according to Walsh.

“Out of all the voters we spoke with Friday in Columbiana, we didn’t find one voter who believed the Washington Post report about Moore,” she said.

Columbiana is the county seat of Shelby County, a county that is the home to many of Birmingham’s southern suburbs. The county is very Republican, and in last year’s presidential election, it went for Donald Trump by a 72-23 percent margin.

In the GOP primary and the subsequent runoff for next month’s special election won by Moore, Shelby County went for his opponent Luther Strange in both instances.

In that county, Strange defeated Moore by nine points in the GOP primary held in August. In the runoff a month later, Strange topped Moore by a 55-45 margin.

Moore faces Democrat candidate Doug Jones on December 12 for the U.S. Senate seat formerly held by Jeff Sessions.

Follow Jeff Poor on Twitter @jeff_poor

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...ves-wapo-report-roy-moore-man-street-segment/

15. brosil

brosil Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

That would be a surprise to my cousin Linda since she was married at 13.

16. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Alabama is very country and 40 years ago somewhat backward. Other parts of the south were the same i.e. Jerry Lee Lewis. It may have been customary to date younger girls, but I doubt he did anything without their consent.

The story was released at a time where it might be somewhat believable, but my Spidey-sense tells me it's very fake.

17. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Have any prominent republiscum politicians (not counting Jeff Sessions that guy is a piece of shit) from Alabama come out in defence of Moore?

18. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

Oooops

Mother of Roy Moore Accuser Contradicts Key Detail of Daughter’s Sexual Misconduct Story

Birmingham, ALABAMA — The mother of Leigh Corfman, who says that Alabama Senatorial Candidate Roy Moore tried to engage in a sexual encounter with her when she was 14, has contradicted a key detail of Corfman’s story. Speaking by phone to Breitbart News on Saturday, Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71, says that her daughter did not have a phone in her bedroom during the period that Moore is reported to have allegedly called Corfman – purportedly on Confman’s bedroom phone – to arrange at least one encounter.

(Excerpt) Read more at
    http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/...key-detail-daughters-sexual-misconduct-story/

Irons likes this.
  19. searcher

20. searcher

21. Irons

I guess the lying mudslingers forgot that no 14 year old, or anybody else for that matter, had a cell phone 38 years ago. And very few teens had a landline extension in their bedrooms. I remember clearly as a teen that privacy was limited to how long the phone cord was.
    I am happy the leftists are consistently such dumb feckers.

BUSTED: Mother of Roy Moore Accuser Contradicts Key Detail of Daughter’s Sexual Advancement Claim
    November 12, 2017 by Joshua Caplan 1 Comment
    They say if you want to catch a liar, merely let them talk. In the case of Judge Roy Moore accuser Leigh Corfman, just let her mother talk.
    In an interview with Breitbart News, Corfman’s mother Nancy Wells contradicted a key detail of her daughter’s sexual advancement claim against the Alabama GOP Senate candidate.

As Breitbart News reporter Aaron Klein noted on Sunday, “Wells, 71, says that her daughter did not have a phone in her bedroom during the period that Moore is reported to have allegedly called Corfman – purportedly on Confman’s bedroom phone – to arrange at least one encounter.”

Breitbart News reports:

Citing Corfman, the Postreported:

After her mother went into the courtroom, Corfman says, Moore asked her where she went to school, what she liked to do and whether he could call her sometime. She remembers giving him her number and says he called not long after. She says she talked to Moore on her phone in her bedroom, and they made plans for him to pick her up at Alcott Road and Riley Street, around the corner from her house.

Soon after, Corfman said, he called again, and picked her up again at the same spot.

[…]
    Corfman clearly claimed she spoke to Moore on what she said was “her phone in her bedroom” on at least one of those occasions. The Post did not specify whether the second or third alleged calls purportedly took place on a bedroom phone.

Wells, Corfman’s mother, was asked by Breitbart News: “Back then did she have her own phone in her room or something?”

“No,” she replied matter-of-factly. “But the phone in the house could get through to her easily.”

On the face of it, Moore’s detractors may purport the location of Corfman’s phone matters little, but as Klein points out “The Post story relies heavily on Corfman’s memory and her ability to recount events consistently.”

If Corfman cannot accurately recall if Moore called a phone in her room, what else was falsely claimed?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ey-detail-daughters-sexual-advancement-claim/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  22. Irons

Breaking: WaPo Hacks Fail Again! Judge Roy Moore Continues to Hold Double Digit Lead Over Democrat Opponent
    November 12, 2017 by Jim Hoft
    Judge Roy Moore Continues Lead on Liberal Doug Jones!
    On Thursday the far left Washington Post published a hit piece accusing Judge Roy Moore of Alabama of sexual contact with a teenager — 38 years ago.

As The Gateway Pundit predicted — Alabama voters are not buying the crap the Washington Post is peddling as news.
    Roy Moore continues to lead Jones by double digits.
    Breitbart.com reported:

Two new polls demonstrate that GOP nominee for the U.S. Senate Judge Roy Moore remains unaffected entirely by smears in the Washington Post against him, and his lead before the Post piece on Thursday afternoon remains intact.

One of the polls, which were both provided by the pollster to Breitbart News exclusively on Saturday evening, was conducted on Thursday morning before the publication of the Post piece that afternoon. The second one was conducted on Saturday evening. Together, they show Judge Moore’s lead over Democrat Doug Jones has been virtually unaffected since the Post story came out.

The first survey, which was conducted entirely before noon local time on Thursday, shows Moore leading Jones by 50 percent to 39.2 percent with 10.8 percent undecided. That survey of 1,354 likely voters in the upcoming Dec. 12 special election has a margin of error of 3.5 percent.

The second survey, conducted Saturday evening—two days after the Post piece hit, roiling Alabama’s political scene—shows Moore and Jones with about the exact same percentages as before. Moore’s position in this second poll is 49.8 percent—meaning he only dropped 0.2 percent since the story hit—and Jones has only picked up 0.4 percent to reach 39.6 percent total. The second survey, which polled 1,536 likely voters with a margin of error of 3.3 percent, has 10.5 percent as undecided.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ues-hold-double-digit-lead-democrat-opponent/

Glasgow likes this.
  23. Irons

[​IMG]

FoundingFathers, Glasgow and solarion like this.
  24. BigJim#1-8

BigJim#1-8 Silver Member Silver Miner

All this "news" about Judge Moore has done more than an attack his character.
    Anyone noticed any nfl or uranium 1 news?? Crickets.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  25. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    He needs to set up a 'GoFundMe'

Glasgow likes this.
  26. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

The POTUS is still to kind to the "disloyal R's". It's not that they don't know how to win, the problem is that for them "winning" means selling out their own country.

the_shootist likes this.
  27. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

New Poll Shows WaPo’s Politicized Smear Against Ten Commandments Judge Roy Moore is Backfiring

A new poll, which may shock the D.C. swamp but not ordinary Americans, indicates that the Washington Post hit piece against conservative constitutional Christian, Judge Roy Moore, may not be having the impact that the establishment in both political parties desired.

As The Hill reported on Sunday, the report by the Washington Post — one month before the Alabama Senate election — who endorsed Roy Moore’s Democrat opponent, is causing a significant number of evangelicals to be even more likely to vote for the fiery conservative. It should be noted that Roy Moore has a 40-year track record in public service and has run in several state-wide elections, including for governor twice,

This is exactly the opposite of WaPo’s desired outcome of their politically-timed and politically-motivated smear:

Nearly 40 percent of Alabama evangelicals said in a new poll that they are more likely to vote for GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore following allegations of sexual misconduct against him.

A JMC analytics poll found that 37 percent of evangelicals surveyed said the allegations make them more likely to vote for the GOP Senate candidate in the upcoming election.

Just 28 percent said the allegations made them less likely to vote for Moore and 34 percent said the allegations made no difference in their decision.

(Excerpt) Read more at
    https://thepolitistick.com/alabama-...-smear-against-judge-roy-moore-is-backfiring/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know anything about this poll and it is NOT related to the first article

Emerson poll: Moore: 55%; Jones 45%

Boston, MA - The new Emerson College poll in Alabama has Republican Roy Moore leading his Democratic challenger Doug Jones by 10 points, 55% to 45%, with about a month to go until the special election on December 12th. The ten-point margin represents a significant closing of the gap from a 22 point lead in Emerson’s September poll. The poll was conducted November 9th to 11th, in the immediate aftermath of a Washington Post story detailing allegations of sexual advances of Moore with an underage women within the past 40 years. The sample size is n=600, with a margin of error of +/- 3.9%.

(Excerpt) Read more at
    https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5d83b...f3-88e4-74f0deb686c7/ECP_PR_Alabama_11.13.pdf

Glasgow and solarion like this.
  28. solarion

Just me? ...or are Americans less gullible than they were just a few short years back? lol

Glasgow, the_shootist and BigJim#1-8 like this.
  29. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    This is a hit job plain and simple...

Irons, Glasgow and the_shootist like this.
  30. searcher

Moore seeks to refocus campaign on conservative religious values amid firestorm

[​IMG]
    The Washington Post
    By Elise Viebeck, Dino Grandoni and John Wagner
    9 hrs ago

Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama sought to refocus his campaign on the conservative religious ideals most likely to motivate his base voters, dismissing the national firestorm over allegations of sexual misconduct while Breitbart News worked to discredit his accusers.

Addressing a gathering at the Huntsville Christian Academy in Huntsville, Ala., on Sunday night, the former judge suggested that he was investigating his accusers, threatened to sue The Washington Post and called on the United States to restore its culture by going “back to God.”

“We can be proud of where we came from and where we’re going if we go back to God,” Moore said at his second public event since The Post reported the allegations of misconduct last week.

“If we go back to God, we can be unified again,” he said.

Moore’s attempt to steer the political conversation in Alabama back to conservative Christian values came as he weathered a fourth day of repercussions from allegations by four women that he sought romantic or sexual relationships with them when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s.

One of the accusers, Leigh Corfman, said she was 14 when Moore initiated a sexual encounter with her.

“We’ve still got investigations going on,” Moore said, referring to his accusers. “We’re still finding out a lot we didn’t know.”

Echoing a remark by his wife Saturday, Moore also said The Post “will be sued” for its reporting. The event was closed to news reporters, but aides to Moore broadcast his remarks live on Facebook.

[Roy Moore: Alabama voters will ‘see through this charade’ of sexual misconduct claim]

Moore’s campaign received backup Sunday from Breitbart News, which sent employees to Alabama to investigate Corfman and the three other women.

In an article published Sunday titled “Mother of Roy Moore Accuser: Washington Post Reporters Convinced My Daughter to Go Public,” Breitbart quoted Corfman’s mother as saying that Post reporters sought out her daughter, not vice versa.

“She did not go to them,” Nancy Wells said, according to Breitbart. “They called her.”

Breitbart’s chairman, Stephen K. Bannon, supports Moore’s candidacy and has said the accusers are trying to “destroy a man’s life.” Bannon is a former adviser to President Trump and is still considered close to him.

Moore’s remarks Sunday night in northern Alabama received a standing ovation. But in Washington, support for his campaign to fill the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions continued to flag throughout the weekend.

Sen. Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.) on Sunday called on Moore to exit the race and said that Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.), who lost to Moore in the GOP primary, would be a strong candidate for a write-in bid.

“This is a terrible situation. . . . We’ll probably never know for sure exactly what happened,” Toomey said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “But from my point of view . . . I think the accusations have more credibility than the denial. I think it would be best if Roy would just step aside.”

Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a frequent Republican critic of President Trump and his wing of the GOP, said the party “ought not to be for” Moore’s candidacy and also raised the possibility of a write-in candidacy.

“It’s just really a matter of whether he ought to be the candidate, the standard-bearer of the Republican Party. And I just think he shouldn’t be,” Kasich said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Under Alabama law, Moore’s name cannot be removed from the ballot this close to the election, but the state GOP can petition to disqualify him. If Moore is disqualified or withdraws, votes for him would not be counted.

The remarks came after multiple Republican senators rescinded their endorsements of Moore and the National Republican Senatorial Committee pulled out of a joint fundraising committee with him.

Some Republicans had hoped Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R), who has called the allegations “deeply disturbing,” would delay the election. But her staff told local media outlets over the weekend that it will take place as scheduled on Dec. 12.

Moore described the backlash as a political conspiracy among Democrats, establishment Republicans and the national media to keep him out of office.

“Why do they come now?” Moore said of the accusations, using parts of a statement he recited Saturday in Vestavia Hills, Ala.

“Because there are groups that don’t want me in the United States Senate. They’re desperate,” he said.

It remains unclear whether the allegations will damage Moore’s campaign, although some signs over the weekend suggested it might.

Polls conducted after The Post published its article found that Moore’s small lead in the race against Democrat Doug Jones had been erased, with Alabama voters roughly split between the two. The results are tenuous, with polls using less expensive and reliable methodologies.

Representatives of the Trump administration appeared split on how to handle the situation.

Marc Short, the White House director of legislative affairs, said that Moore needs time to defend himself against the allegations and that Trump will look more closely at the issue after he returns from a trip to Asia.

“Roy Moore is somebody who graduated from West Point, he served our country in Vietnam, he’s been elected multiple times statewide in Alabama,” Short said on “Meet the Press.” “The people in Alabama know Roy Moore better than we do here in D.C., and I think we have to be very cautious . . . of allegations that are 40 years old that arise a month before Election Day.”

In an interview on “This Week,” White House adviser Kellyanne Conway repeatedly declined to say whether she believes the allegations.

“I don’t know the accusers, and I don’t know Judge Moore. But I also want to make sure that we as a nation are not always prosecuting people through the press. He has denied the allegations,” she said.

Appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the allegations against Moore require a closer look.

“I’m not an expert on this issue, but what I would say is people should investigate this issue and get the facts,” he said. “And if these allegations are true, then absolutely, this is incredibly inappropriate behavior.”

Senate Democrats continued to wrestle with how to leverage the allegations — and what they might do if Moore becomes their colleague after the Dec. 12 special election.

On “Meet the Press,” Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.) floated the idea of expelling Moore from the Senate if he wins.

“We may not have much choice on that but we have choice on something else,” said Klobuchar, who recently co-sponsored a bill requiring sexual harassment training for senators and their staff members. “That is that you can expel a senator once they are in with two-thirds of the vote after the ethics committee does an investigation.”

But Richard J. Durbin (Ill.), the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, said that unseating a senator is “several steps removed from where we are today,” arguing that Trump needs to “do more when it comes to this situation in Alabama.”

Asked about Moore, Trump more recently has told reporters traveling with him in Asia that “I have not seen very much about him, about it.”

“And, you know, I put out a statement yesterday that he’ll do the right thing,” the president added.

After the allegations surfaced last week, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders issued a statement saying that Trump “believes that if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside.”

She also said “a mere allegation” should not “destroy a person’s life.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...s-amid-firestorm/ar-BBESwzj?OCID=ansmsnnews11

31. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    When are we going to it back at these communist bastards?

32. searcher

33. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
  34. searcher

'I thought he was going to rape me': New Roy Moore accuser says he tried to force her into oral sex when she was just 16 after offering her ride home - and adds she is a Trump supporter and will testify under oath to Senate
    • Beverly Young Nelson claims that in 1977 she was groped by Roy Moore, who then tried to force her into performing oral sex
    • She met the then-district attorney when she was 15 and working as a waitress at the Olde Hickory House after school
    • He signed her yearbook one day at work, writing at the end: 'Love, Roy Moore DA'
    • A week or two later he offered her a ride home and instead of going to her house pulled up next to a dumpster in the dark back parking lot at the restaurant
    • When she tried to get out her allegedly locked the door and grabbed her neck to try and force her to perform oral sex

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5078741/Roy-Moore-tried-force-girl-perform-oral-sex.html#ixzz4yLY3VIvg

35. BigJim#1-8

BigJim#1-8 Silver Member Silver Miner

Allred?? Just another POS. Now you can be certain the "witness" is a liar.

Irons likes this.
  36. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    :belly laugh:

37. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

He's probably history in terms of running for senate. But get a load of all the snowflakes coming out of nowhere....I find it ironic that these girls are not talking about real sex only requests for something sexual. And how many years have they been having active sex lives now??

38. solarion

1977 now?!? Where has this delicate flower been for the past 40 years? Did she report a crime? Is there a paper trail to corroborate anything at all?

ZOMG! The humanity!

I believe even the Salem witch trials ended when the disgusting girls that were bearing false witness accused the wife of the Governor. ...are we there yet?

Irons likes this.
  39. searcher

Mitch McConnell vs. Roy Moore is now a battle for the soul of the GOP

[​IMG]
    The Washington Post
    Aaron Blake
    4 hrs ago

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) effectively called Roy Moore a child molester on Monday. McConnell said he believes Moore's female accusers, apparently including the one who told The Washington Post that Moore initiated sexual contact with her when she was 14 and he was 32. McConnell added that Moore should step aside.

Which means we'll now find out just how much power McConnell and the GOP establishment have to prevent someone he believes to be a child molester from joining his ranks. Or, looked at another way, we'll find out how much power they don't have.

The situation in Alabama is at once a pretty complex one and a pretty simple one. The state party has great latitude to withdraw Moore as its nominee, at which point the GOP would need to mount a write-in campaign for the seat. McConnell doesn't even have to persuade Moore to drop out; he just needs to persuade fellow leaders of his party to essentially flip a switch.

The reason McConnell and the GOP had been somewhat circumspect heading into Monday is probably 1) because they wanted to be convinced that they had a viable path to victory if they dispatched Moore, and 2) because they worried that coming down on Moore too quickly would only make getting rid of him more difficult, by causing his supporters to dig in.

The first part appears to have been satisfied — or, at the very least, McConnell seems to see no way forward other than trying to force Moore out — but the second part is still very much an open question.

As The Post's James Hohmann wrote last week, the initial responses to the Moore situation varied greatly between the GOP establishment in Washington and the GOP establishment in Alabama. While the former said Moore should step aside if the allegations were true, the latter was much more willing to stand up for Moore, even in some cases arguing that they'd still support Moore even if the allegations were true.

The latter group is the one McConnell will have to prevail upon. And although in any other era you might expect a Senate majority leader to get what he wants — probably with the assistance of that Republican inhabitant of the Oval Office — we are not in any other era. We're in the Trump era.

President Trump's response to this has been a hybrid of the Washington GOP's and the Alabama GOP's. He said Moore should step aside if the allegations are true, but he also cast significant doubt on them. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said last week that “the president believes that we cannot allow a mere allegation — in this case, one from many years ago — to destroy a person's life.” And indeed, as I argued after those comments, it would be difficult for Trump to suddenly call on Moore to step aside, given that he has called the women who accused him of sexual harassment “liars.” How could he accept accusations made by Moore's accusers as fact when he suggests such accusers can in many cases be lying?

Joining Trump in casting doubt on those accusations, with varying degrees of logic, are Breitbart News and Fox News Channel. The latter, in particular, has sought to poke holes in the women's stories and suggest that The Post is out to get Moore.

That leaves the ball squarely in McConnell's court. If someone is going to get the Alabama GOP (or Moore) to acquiesce, it apparently will have to be him and his fellow Republican senators.

The problem from there is that the GOP base has turned against McConnell in droves, thanks in large part to Trump. A Fox News poll in September showed that 60 percent of Republicans had an unfavorable view of their Senate leader, up from 33 percent just a couple of months earlier. And in fact, nobody has employed an anti-McConnell strategy more than Moore; it's arguably how he won the GOP primary.

[​IMG]
    © Provided by WP Company LLC d/b/a The Washington Post

As McConnell and the GOP establishment have been so demonized, the GOP base has been instilled with a healthy persecution complex that makes it believe stories such as this are merely efforts to undermine its candidates. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, really, for this to happen to Moore, of all people, and for him to be pitted against McConnell, of all people.

Whatever the Alabama GOP truly thinks about Moore, it has to contend with that same base. Doing what McConnell is now publicly calling for will surely reinforce the belief that this is a widespread effort to take Moore down by the forces he's threatening.

Against that backdrop, it's really difficult to envy McConnell.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...w-a-battle-for-the-soul-of-the-gop/ar-BBEVdOi

40. solarion

...which is every bit as ridiculous as condemning Moore without a shred of evidence. I mean if the guy actually did any of these things he should be drawn and quartered, the problem is that 40 years later it's just a he said vs she said. One would think if the guy is such a hideous monster, that there'd be women he has harassed, raped, accosted, or at least insulted within the past decade at least. Such claims would be far easier to verify or dismiss. In the absence of such claims, I'd prefer to just ignore all this crap and consider it tabloid gossip.

As Stefan Molyneux pointed out in a video on a related topic...doesn't Mike Pence's policy of never dining with a woman that's not his wife seem a whole lot less batshit now? I mean if this is where society is leading us...where a man isn't safe from un-provable allegations and merely the accusation itself is enough to destroy his livelihood, how can anyone blame men that choose to isolate themselves from the majority of women?

Glasgow and D-FENZ like this.