1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Moore - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by searcher, Nov 9, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

2. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

MSNBC Panel Tears into Gloria Allred for Possibly Tainting Accusations

On Wednesday, the Alabama GOP and an attorney for senatorial candidate Roy Moore held a press conference to stand by their candidate and tried to discredit the sexual misconduct allegations Moore was facing. The only accusation of sexual impropriety they chose to focus on was that of Beverly Young Nelson and her infamous lawyer, Gloria Allred. The fact that the Allred’s reputation was that of a dubious attention seeker spooked the panel on MSNBC’s MTP Daily because it could taint other credible accusations, and not just those against Moore.

Look, they want to focus on Gloria Allred’s accuser. Which, politically I understand. Gloria Allred has got a reputation for basically: ‘Oh, there's cameras over there? Let me see if I can find a client and go do that,’” slammed host Chuck Todd. “I'll tell you, if she's faked this or this is a fraud accusation, you're really doing a disservice to the four women who clearly weren't comfortable speaking out and wanted to…

Panelist Yamiche Alcindor, of The New York Times, cited her own work in talking about how a journalist needed “button down” and “bullet-proof” reports of sexual misconduct. “Which is why, if Gloria Allred has somebody that's fraudulent it completely taints what these other people have said, it completely gives a talking point to other people to say this is a war on the media,” she added.

(video at link)

Todd lamented how Allred gave the Moore camp a line of attack and how that ultimately could chill other victims (in other cases) from speaking out. “It’s also feeding into the same narrative that many women say has taken place for years. This is what happens. Victims get attacked, and that's why they don't speak out,” he said to Danielle Pletka of the American Enterprise Institute.

Pletka followed up Todd by mercilessly unloading on Allred by ripping her credibly and by writing off her entire career as a lawyer:

But does this surprise anybody that Gloria Allred would be involved in something that would be unscrupulous, that would be camera hungry, that would not have fact-checked, and that could undermine the entire question? It doesn't surprise me in the least. Having watched her career.

The panel was left in an awkward silence.

No. No. I don't disagree with any of that,” stated Maria Teresa Kumar, President of Voto Latino. She was displeased with how “our politics and conversations are becoming more Machiavellian,” and how that gave the Moore campaign room to use Allred to spread doubt onto the other claims against him. “What they just did is created doubt on one case. That taints everything,” she declared.

Transcript below:

MSNBC
    MTP Daily
    November 15, 2017
    5:16:05 PM Eastern

(…)

CHUCK TODD: I want to go back to – Look, they want to focus on Gloria Allred’s accuser. Which, politically I understand. Gloria Allred has got a reputation for basically: “Oh, there's cameras over there? Let me see if I can find a client and go do that.” I'll tell you, if she's faked this or this is a fraud accusation, you're really doing a disservice to the four women who clearly weren't comfortable speaking out and wanted to -- I mean, I certainly -- you know, you have harmed these four women if they do that, Yamiche.

YAMICHE ALCINDOR: I've also reported on sexual harassment on capitol hill. The people are very -- as a reporter, you're very careful-- that The Washington Post, they are very careful the way they put this story together. Might have had way more women who knows. I know with my story published yesterday, we had more women that we’ve could have put in that story but you really have to button down and bullet-proof your story. Which is why, if Gloria Allred has somebody that's fraudulent it completely taints what these other people have said, it completely gives a talking point to other people to say this is a war on the media. And means it's helping Roy Moore because he can make that argument.

TODD: Sadly, Dani, it’s also feeding into the same narrative that many women say has taken place for years. This is what happens. Victims get attacked, and that's why they don't speak out.

DANIELLE PLETKA: And make no mistake that is exactly what they doing. They were attacking the victim, in this one instance. The 14-year-old –

TODD: Which is important. That they only have one they even feel comfortable pushing back on.

PLETKA: But does this surprise anybody that Gloria Allred would be involved in something that would be unscrupulous, that would be camera hungry, that would not have fact checked, and that could undermine the entire question? It doesn't surprise me in the least. Having watched her career.

[Awkward silence]

TODD: No. I mean it’s—

MARIA TERESA KUMAR: No. No. I don't disagree with any of that, but at the same time, our politics and conversations are becoming more Machiavellian. I’m sorry, but you’re like: “Is she a plant?” She could easily be a plant and that's a problem. What they just did is created doubt on one case. That taints everything.

(…)

Video at link
    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...s-gloria-allred-possibly-tainting-accusations

3. searcher

This is getting interesting.

Is Roy a sexually demented perv hiding behind a bible thumping, gay hating pro American game face or is he what he appears to be under a well planned attack by evil doers out to ruin his run for the senate?

At this point.............who knows???

Goldhedge and Krag like this.
  4. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

So Moore should respond some states are ok with sending a homosexual to Washington, some states are ok with sending a transvestite, we don't judge you so don't judge us. Instead he hides behind a bible, losing strategy.

5. searcher

I'm starting to think Roy may be nuts.

Krag and andial like this.
  6. TRYNEIN

[​IMG]

• The sevens in 1977 to the right of “Christmas,” are very different from the sevens in the date (12-22-77) above “Old Hickory House.”

“Look at the two versions of the number “7,” tweeted Wictor.

“”12-22-77” and “Olde Hickory House” were written by a different person,” he added.

Next, [Thomas] Wictor points out “the “R” and “y” in “Roy,”” are not written the same way.

The inflection of the “Y” is more pronounced in Moore’ signature as Chief Justice. The “R” is noticeably longer in the signature of Chief Justice, as well.

“During his legal career, Judge Moore became the first full-time Deputy District Attorney in Etowah County, Alabama, and served in this position from 1977 until 1982. In 1984, Judge Moore undertook private practice of law in Gadsden, Alabama,” states Moore’s bio on his campaign website.

“The accuser to this day calls him the District Attorney. He was NEVER District attorney. He was DEPUTY DA. DDA,” says Wictor. ... "
    Check out this little fact from TheCipher

• Interesting revelation about the signature in the yearbook and where it probably came from. Turns out Moore was the judge who ruled against Nelson in her divorce case and the signature is exactly how it was on his ruling - explains the D.A. ( which Nelson has ). Nelson also said she never had contact with him since the "incident"and failed to mention he was the judge in her divorce case.
      Roy Moore Attorney Demands Gloria Allred Release Original Yearbook, Contends it’s a ‘Fraud’

7. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Of course it's faked. My new prediction this was set up so Sessions could take his senate position back not be publicly humiliated and fired as Attorney General.

searcher likes this.
  8. jimswift

jimswift Seeker

This whole things is a fine example of how F'd the whole place is.

Lou Dobbs ended his show the other night talking about just placing people into elected positions as if the whole election thing wasn't real.

It was of course anti Roy Moore.

9. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Seems they are really piling on now......... woman after woman coming forward after decades of silence.
    The real question is are they talking about Moore or Cosby? I said before Cos was fine until he told blacks to act human...... then his troubles began.
    Seems it's just a playbook they use against all enemies like whores pissing on the bed.................
    But never ANYTHING about slick willy..........
    The emperor wears no clothes!

10. searcher

Roy Moore fights his inner demons. It's not pretty.

Matt Bai
    National Political Columnist
    November 16, 2017

I don’t normally do this, but when it comes to this Roy Moore situation, let’s start out today by invoking the memorable words of our president.

Because if you’re running for a Senate seat that Republicans absolutely have to have, and if you’re easily the best chance they have to retain that seat, and if, despite all this, the same Republican leaders who have steadfastly stood by Donald Trump for the last year, even as they privately (and sometimes publicly) worried that he might destroy the country and accidentally annihilate the world, are bailing on you so fast and so frantically that they’re actually talking about refusing to seat you if you win, then let’s just put it this way:

You’ve got to be one bad hombre.

I’m not a fan of media stampedes, generally. And I suppose it’s possible that the ever-growing list of women who have accused Moore, in highly detailed accounts, of general creepiness and outright assault on teenage girls have all been put up to it by nefarious Democratic operatives.

But I’m guessing the only ones who really believe that now are longtime, willfully blind supporters and Breitbart editors who profit from their insistence that reality is the opposite of whatever the coastal, elite media say it is.

There are, of course, plenty of loudly moralizing politicians who’ve adopted that persona mainly because they think it will get them where they want to go. Sarah Palin — you remember her — consciously refashioned herself as a culture warrior, even as her own family devolved into a kind of public soap opera, because that’s where the applause and the money were.

But then you have a religious moralizer like Moore, who seems for all the world to be the truest of believers. Although Moore has never been elected to anything outside of Alabama, no one covering national politics over the last few decades could fail to have known who he was or what he stood for.

This is a guy who suffered for the Ten Commandments more than anyone since Moses. He was twice elected chief justice of the state Supreme Court and was forced to step down both times — once for refusing to remove his monument to God’s law from the courthouse grounds, and again for defying the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized gay marriage.

Moore’s fans in Alabama — most of whom are good people, I’m sure — are left to wonder, as people always do in these instances, how to reconcile the Moore they knew with the predator they’re reading about now in the papers. How could a man so devoted to public morality have been hitting on teenage girls by signing their yearbooks?

But it’s really not confounding at all. The truth is that moralizing and scandal are flip sides of the same filthy coin. Rigid intolerance is often the sign of one who can barely tolerate himself.

It turns out that all that time Moore was raising hell about morality and religious values, he was exorcising personal demons at the public’s expense. He was posturing as the moral pillar he badly wished he were, in order to somehow repress the weak, wicked man he knew himself to be.

You see this everywhere you look in public life. We know now that too many men, agonized by their own struggle with pedophilia, flock to the priesthood because they think they can redeem themselves. We’ve seen famous preachers come to tears railing against greed and adultery, because on some level they know they’re preaching to the mirror.

We’ve watched a media personality like Bill O’Reilly lecture us every night on the sanctity of moral values, while paying off the women he demeaned and bullied. We’ve witnessed the disgrace of a conservative politician like Larry Craig, the former senator who frowned on homosexuality until he was busted for lewd conduct in a men’s room and famously claimed he was the victim of his own “wide stance.”

I’ve often heard it whispered in Washington that there is a larger concentration of closeted gay men working to restrict gay rights in the halls of Congress than you would find anywhere in the general population. Denial will make you a hypocrite faster than ambition ever can.

And this isn’t strictly the province of religious conservatives, or of conservatives generally. I’m reminded, too, of John Edwards, who reinvented himself before the 2008 campaign as a moralizing liberal, stridently lecturing Americans about forgotten children in poverty and the need for responsible fathers — even as he lied outright to avoid acknowledging a child of his own.

It’s hard not to think now that Edwards, in his own mind, had somehow conflated the personal and the political — that he believed he could atone in his public life for the sins he could scarcely bring himself to admit privately.

I feel for a lot of these conflicted public servants — in a way I could never sympathize, as a father, with Roy Moore, given the stories we’ve heard. But your anguish shouldn’t be ours. The public square isn’t a substitute for therapy.

I’ve written before about a bit of wisdom I once picked up from a psychologist friend of mine, who said that people always make you feel the way the world makes them feel about themselves. I was talking then about Trump — about how small and unworthy his rhetoric could make us appear.

Roy Moore, it seems to me, spent the better part of 20 years trying to make a lot of people in Alabama feel dirty and flawed and unwanted. If he makes it to Washington and gets himself seated (which I really doubt), you can bet he’ll do more of the same.

Sooner or later, it’s up to us to recognize this moral policing in our politics for what it often is: the accumulation of self-loathing, with nowhere else to go.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roy-moore-fights-inner-demons-not-pretty-100036594.html

11. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

lol What a load of crap. ^^^
    I realize this is supposed to be a hit piece, but by the time I was done reading Matt Bai's silly rant against Roy, all without any supporting facts of course, I ended up liking him a bit...Moore.

Gee...ya think?

Matt has got to be one stupid hombre if he can't see the political games being played here. Moore sounds like he's a piece of work...but bring charges against the fugger or stfu with the silly character assassination attempts.

12. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    The plot thickens....

[​IMG]

13. searcher

Women's credibility is the crucible of sex harassment and rape claims: What Republicans' belated condemnation of Roy Moore reveals
    Women's credibility is the crucible of sex assault claims

BY Alexis Grenell
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 6:19 PM

Last week, the Washington Post broke a meticulously reported story that Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore preyed on four teenagers when he was in his 30s. But on Friday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell offered Moore the benefit of the doubt, saying in a statement on behalf of all Senate Republicans, “If these allegations are true, he must step aside.”

“If true” is a caveat big enough to crash a truck through, allowing Republicans to disbelieve women until they’re verified by their accusers. It’s an impossible standard, like requiring at least four witnesses to a rape. Why would Moore or anyone incriminate himself?

Then on Monday, another victim accused Moore of having sexually assaulted her when she was 16. That was apparently and suddenly enough for McConnell, and House Speaker Paul Ryan, who shifted gears to call the allegations against Moore “credible.”

Women’s credibility is the crucible of all harassment claims. It’s why Harvey Weinstein and Roger Ailes hired private investigators to collect dirt on their accusers so as to undermine them with editors and district attorneys. It’s why the Washington Post made a pre-emptive strike against the inevitable smear campaign by including information on one of the victims’ divorces, debts and the time she sold alcohol to a minor. And it’s why victims fail to report their abuse for fear of having their entire lives ripped apart and put on trial.

Congressional Republicans may be falling all over themselves now to side with Moore’s victims, but they have yet to utter a word yet on the 17 women who’ve accused Donald Trump of harassing, attacking or otherwise inappropriately interacting with them.

What exactly do those women have to do to prove credible? Republicans seem content with the White House’s official position that they’re all liars.

The President himself is so far sticking with Moore, issuing a statement last week through a spokesman that sounded like his own defense: “Like most Americans the President does not believe we can allow a mere allegation, in this case one from many years ago, to destroy a person’s life. However the President also believes, that if these allegations are true Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside.”

With the exception of Louis C.K., none of the other men accused of sexual harassment in the ongoing public rapture have offered anything close to a real apology. They’ve either denied the charges outright, pleaded ignorance, or excused themselves as products of a time when everyone was much cooler with the routine dehumanization of women.

C.K. is the only one to substantiate the allegations against him, stating clearly: “these stories are true.” The comedian masturbated in front of at least four fellow comics. However, C.K. didn’t directly apologize to them, and explained his outlandish behavior by saying that he thought it was ok because he’d asked permission. To be clear: Women cannot consent to their own harassment or assault.

Other men are similarly confused, like Jon Podhoretz, who asked aloud on Twitter, “what exactly did he (CK) do as a criminal or actionable matter that merits this expose exactly aside from being unspeakably disgusting?”

What exactly merits attention and who is credible are questions long determined by mostly male co-conspirators who have always put their self-interests ahead of inconvenient women. Whether they choose willful ignorance, or play along with “locker room talk,” male bystanders are the reason predatory men can operate with impunity and even become President.

After the “Access Hollywood” tapes revealed Trump bragging about grabbing women “by the pussy,” Ryan said that women should be “championed and revered.” But rather than wait around for weak men to “champion” them or decide who’s credible, women are grabbing back by running for office in record numbers and naming their attackers. Forget championed and revered, it’s time to be respected and feared.

Grenell is a political consultant and writer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/women-credibility-crucible-sex-assault-claims-article-1.3633122

14. solarion

Sure Alexis, let's take any woman that accuses a man of sexual misconduct...four freaking decades after the fact at face value. Lets destroy the lives of every male ever based on the mere allegations of impropriety.

How about we continue as we have been, trashing male public figures every time some woman comes out of nowhere to accuse said figure...weeks before an election, BUT if the allegations are then proven to be false, then that woman can face felony charges each and every time. I'd be fine with that, but we all know that isn't going to happen. The reality is that even if/when these 40 year old charges are picked apart and proven false...like the yearbook signature...NOTHING will happen to these false accusers. There's literally nothing to lose by accusing public figures in this manner...no consequences as these aren't even able to be prosecuted. Yeah maybe Moore's accusers get hit with a ridiculously tough to prove defamation lawsuit and some blue team gasbags have to cough up some change 10 years from now, but that's small potatoes.

15. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

Republicans often attract a lot of corporate mattoids whose biggest fear is personally getting a government investigation. They represent the very few at the expense of the multitudes of the country. They have gamed the system and don't want anyone to upset their greed based schemes. Roy Moore is making them nervous, I'm not sure what he really did but that was ages ago.

16. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Aaaand it's over. So long mudslingers it's MAGA time................. aarock.gif

Alabama GOP and Rep. Mo Brooks Issue Statements Supporting Senate Candidate Roy Moore
    November 16, 2017 by Jim Hoft
    The Alabama Republican Party issued a statement on Thursday supporting Senate candidate Roy Moore in the December race to replace Jeff Sessions.

“The ALGOP Steering Committee supports Judge Roy Moore as our nominee and trusts the voters as they make the ultimate decision in this crucial race,” state party chair Terry Lathan said in a statement.

“Judge Moore has vehemently denied the allegations made against him. He deserves to be presumed innocent of the accusations unless proven otherwise. He will continue to take his case straight to the people of Alabama.”

And popular Rep. Mo Brooks, who ran against Judge Moore in the primary, released a statement in support of Roy Moore.

[​IMG]

LisaCarole @LisaCarole1
    Replying to @jwelsh75 @ThomasWictor

I was born in Alabama, lived here all my life. I voted for @MooreSenate in the primary and the runoff. I will be voting for him on December 12th as well.
    I never heard anything bad about Roy Moore, and I lived in St. Clair county, which is the country next to Etowah.

[​IMG]BamaNicki @bamanicky

I was born in Alabama and lived here all my life. I am not a fan of Roy Moore and voted for Mo Brooks in the primary. I was planning on sitting out the Dec 12 election.

Now I will be voting for Roy Moore because this is obviously a witch hunt led by McConnell.

7:23 PM - Nov 14, 2017 · Arab, AL

searcher and Joe King like this.
  17. TRYNEIN

Well, if this isn't tiptoeing around the ol' tulip tree

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gloria Allred: ‘I Haven’t Asked’ Beverly Young Nelson If She Saw Roy Moore Sign Her Yearbook

Thursday on MSNBC’s “MTP Daily,” celebrity attorney Gloria Allred, who is representing Roy Moore accuser Beverly Young Nelson, said she had not asked her client if she saw Moore sign her yearbook.

Questions had been raised by the Moore campaign a day earlier at a press conference in Birmingham, AL about the authenticity of the signature, which Allred had held up as evidence to bolster Young’s claim against Moore.

Partial transcript as follows:

TUR: Does your client, Beverly Young Nelson, remember him signing it?

ALLRED: She remembers — well, she remembers being with him. It was on the counter. She alleges that he took it, that he signed it and she was thrilled that he had signed it, because, as far as she knew, he was a D.A. and that was an important position.

TUR: So she saw him sign it?

ALLRED: I don’t believe at the time she had a clue whether he was an assistant D.A. or a D.A., but he signed it, she took it. As far as she knows, I mean, there’s no reason for her to think it’s anybody’s but his signature.

TUR: But did she see him sign it?

ALLRED: You know, I don’t — I haven’t asked her if she saw him, but we did describe what happened that evening in question. What she alleges was that she put it on the counter; that I think she asked to sign — or that he did sign it. That’s all.

(Excerpt) Read more at
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...rly-young-nelson-saw-roy-moore-sign-yearbook/

searcher likes this.
  18. TRYNEIN

Rut-Roh

Looks like ch-t just real for this beotch

Shouldn't be f---ing with Da Judge

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimatum: Roy Moore Gives Gloria Allred 48 Hours to Release Yearbook, Demands Evidence Be Preserved

Birmingham, ALABAMA — An attorney for senatorial candidate Roy Moore has given lawyer and activist Gloria Allred forty-eight hours to release to the custody of an independent examiner the original copy of a yearbook that contains the only piece of physical evidence to be presented in the cases of numerous women who have gone public with stories alleging inappropriate conduct between Moore and teenage girls.

The letter to Allred was dated yesterday and obtained by Breitbart News. Attorney Trenton R. Garmon, who represents Moore and his wife, Kayla, further requested that Allred take steps to ensure the “immediate and professional preservation of the yearbook.”

The letter demanded that Allred and her client, accuser Beverly Young Nelson, issue a “full and fair public retraction” of all “false statements” concerning Moore.

The letter stated:

(Excerpt) Read more at
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...lease-yearbook-demands-evidence-be-preserved/

Irons likes this.
  19. searcher

20. searcher

21. searcher

Rev. Dr. William Barber The unbearable hypocrisy of Roy Moore's Christian rhetoric
    This isn't Christianity, it's an extreme form of Republican religionism.

Nov.18.2017 / 4:04 AM ET

A disturbing pattern has emerged since the Washington Post first reported that four women accused Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of offenses ranging from the creepy to the criminal. People in Gadsden, Alabama, where Moore worked in the District Attorney’s office three decades ago, say it was “common knowledge” that Moore pursued teenagers when he was in his 30s. Locals told the New Yorker that they recall being told than the local mall banned Moore for the same reason.

Accusations of criminal assault are difficult to prove in court and the statute of limitations in these cases has since passed. But Republicans outside of Alabama have started to back away from Moore following the allegations; They have chosen to believe the accusers.

Moore’s base, on the other hand, continues to support him despite the evidence. For many of them, this is matter of faith. Jerome Cox, the pastor of Greenwood Baptist Church in Prattville, Alabama, told NBC News he would be supporting Moore because "he’s done a lot of good for the state of Alabama... Everything else is for the Lord to sort out."

Related
    LOSING MY RELIGION
    Trump's Evangelical Fans Preach the Gospel of Greed, Not Grace

This is not Christianity. Rather, it is an extreme Republican religionism that stands by party and regressive policy no matter what. It's not the gospel of Christ, but a gospel of greed. It is the religion of racism and lies, not the religion of redemption and love.

It is unlikely that any of Moore’s accusers can definitively prove that he sexually assaulted them 30 years ago (a point the defiant former judge knows well). But even before these allegations made national headlines, it was clear that Moore’s policy agenda endangered the children of Alabama and this nation. This man, who wants to be Alabama’s next Senator, wants to repeal Obamacare, making it health care inaccessible for millions, in Alabama and elsewhere. He has said Islam is a "false religion" homosexual conduct "should be illegal." and curtail equal protection under the law for gay and transgender people. Moore supports a tax plan that would hurt the poor and working poor.

In short, Moore’s political agenda presents a credible threat to millions of vulnerable people in America. Yet Moore claims to be the moral and Christian candidate, using religion as U.S. slave masters did before him to justify actions which fly in the face of Christ's teachings. Like segregationists, Moore imagines the struggle for equality in America as a story of loss. At a revival meeting earlier this week, Moore complained that he was being persecuted. He also lamented the fact that the courts took prayer out of schools in 1962 and made a cryptic and confusing reference to “new rights” created in 1965, the year the Voting Rights Act was signed. Some members of the congregation responded, “Amen!”

As one who survived abuse by a stranger in my own childhood, I feel deep empathy for the women who have come forward to name and confront their abuser. At the same time, my soul grieves as a Christian minister for people who are fed such a distorted view of Christianity and racism that they are willing to support Moore no matter what. I have heard the confessions of abusers: I know that people who are broken and hurting in their own souls hurt people and rally others to join them out of deep pain. But I am deeply troubled by Moore’s determination to wrap his own painful policies and pain-causing ways in the theological claim of being like Christ.

There is nothing Christian about the policies Moore has supported. They are as immoral as the terrible abuse he so vehemently denies. While he wants to compare his plight to the suffering of Jesus, there is no biblical basis for policies that hurt poor people and children.

As well as he knows his Bible, Roy Moore never quotes from the more than 2,000 verses that exhort us to care for the poor, the sick, and the stranger in our midst. He has apparently overlooked the prophet Isaiah, who said to men like Moore in his own day: “Doom to you who legislate evil, who make laws that make victims — laws that make misery for the poor, that rob the destitute of their dignity, exploiting defenseless widows, taking advantage of homeless children” (Is.10:1-4).

National Republican leaders who claim the moral high ground while renouncing Moore now are like the Republicans who spoke out against white supremacy after Charlottesville, condemning the “hate” but never repenting of white nationalist policy. Their moral outrage rings hollow because it renounces Moore based on his personal patterns but says nothing about the disturbing pattern of his policy agenda.

What is happening right now in Alabama matters for the soul of the nation. Anyone who has any influence must help blacks, progressive whites, and Latinos; gay and straight; Christians, Muslims, Jews, and all who want to move our country forward to get out and vote. This is no time to retreat or remain idle. We must stand up for truth in the public square and reclaim our political and faith traditions which have been hijacked.

Rev. William J. Barber, II is President of Repairers of the Breach and author of The Third Reconstruction. At the invitation of local clergy, he is in Alabama this weekend preparing for the “Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/unbearable-hypocrisy-roy-moore-s-christian-rhetoric-ncna821921

22. searcher

23. solarion

lol Wait, I thought this was about invisible man in the sky belief? Seems the "reverend" doctor has his own political axe to grind.

"father" doctor can take his obammycare views and cram them where the sun don't shine. Hey, it's for the children!

...and pardon me, but I thought(and I may be mistaken), that the bible was pretty clear on the issue of sodomy/homosexuality. It seems to me that Moore has this right and the reverend doctor is the one with the watered down politically corrected invisible man in the sky rules.
    Who else saw a Jimmy Swaggart style rant coming on at this point? lol What a dooshbag.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Goldhedge, BigJim#1-8 and Irons like this.
  24. Irons

Hell I don't care if Roy Moore spent every sunday for the last 40 years in a whorehouse as long as he paid his bill.
    EVERY soros owned proven traitor in the republican party hates the guy. Hates him and is trying to stop him.

That's enough for me to support him. I'm going to send his campaign $20.

.:2 thumbs up:

Goldhedge, smooth, TRYNEIN and 3 others like this.
  25. solarion

Moore seems like a jaggov, but agree, it's difficult not to cheer for someone that so many confirmed traitors seem to hate so vigorously.

A few more articles like that crap posted above from Billy Barber and I'll be onboard too. Jeez, this guy Moore seems to really get TPTB worked up.

26. BigJim#1-8

BigJim#1-8 Silver Member Silver Miner

Ya' gotta ask yourself, what are these dems & rino's scared of. This mudslinging seems more about fear than hate.

Irons and solarion like this.
  27. TRYNEIN

I'll take 'What is treason against the people of these 50 united States' for $1,000

hammerhead, Irons and BigJim#1-8 like this.
  28. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Watch those hot mikes!

BigJim#1-8 likes this.
  29. Irons

aawinner3.gif aawinner3.gif aawinner3.gif

Very well said.

BigJim#1-8 likes this.
  30. Irons

Now sue this aberration of a human being until she is selling pencils on the street!!! :give finger:

The Fibber is Caught – Gloria Allred Refuses To Release Yearbook for Independent Authentication…
    Posted on November 18, 2017 by sundance

[​IMG]

Notorious political/legal activist, and evidence manufacturer, Gloria Allred, represents a woman named Beverly Young-Nelson who claims Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore assaulted her 40 years ago.

Judge Roy Moore stated he’s never personally met Mrs. Nelson but he was assigned -and presided over- her civil divorce case about 18 years ago.

To prove Moore has met Mrs. Nelson, Gloria Allred produced Nelson’s high school yearbook claiming to contain the signature of Roy Moore. However, a review of the signature shows considerable evidence that it is fraudulent. Mr. Moore challenged Allred to present the yearbook for independent authentication. Allred is refusing.

Even Keith Olberman’s former girlfriend, Katy Tur, see’s through the B.S.:

EDIT: Pretty bad when PMSNBC isn't buying your sack of shizzle.

Attorney/activist Allred is demanding a Senate hearing against Roy Moore, which is absurd because the U.S. Senate has no jurisdiction over Moore as a private citizen running for office. Allred, an activist and Democrat delegate, is simply attempting to manufacture a political fiasco to benefit her ideological and partisan endeavors.

The signature appears to be entirely fraudulent and manufactured to create a connection between Mrs. Nelson and Judge Moore.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It is clear from a simple review of the inscription that two inks were used, and two different types of handwriting appear present.

Providing further evidence toward Moore’s defense, he notes the “DA” following the signature are specifically the same as the divorce documents he signed for Mrs. Nelson in 1999 (see below):

[​IMG]

The “D.A.” does not stand for District Attorney, it stands for “Delbra Adams”, Judge Moore’s former assistant who started working for him in 1987, ten years after the “DA” which appears in Mrs. Nelson’s yearbook.

The evidence showing Gloria Allred manufactured the yearbook seems overwhelming and presumably that’s why she is refusing to allow independent inspection.

[​IMG]

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...ease-yearbook-for-independent-authentication/

solarion likes this.
  31. solarion

Allred wasn't the least bit convincing in that interview...just a bunch of talking in circles. Hope she's washed up as a lieyer after this.

32. searcher

I know Roy Moore. He’s always been a con artist.

The candidate has made a career of willfully misrepresenting the ideas he claims to stand for.

By Randall Balmer
    Outlook
    November 17
    Randall Balmer is the John Phillips Professor in Religion and director of the Society of Fellows at Dartmouth College.

I first encountered Roy Moore in 2002 in a Montgomery, Ala., courtroom, where I was an expert witness on the separation of church and state in what came to be known as the Alabama Ten Commandments case. Moore, then the state’s chief justice, was the defendant. He had installed a granite block emblazoned with the Ten Commandments in the rotunda of the Judicial Building in Montgomery, declared that the event marked “the restoration of the moral foundation of law to our people and the return to the knowledge of God in our land” and then refused to allow any other religious representations in that public space.

“Roy’s Rock” represented a clear violation of the establishment clause of the First Amendment, and Moore was being sued for so blatantly flouting the Constitution. He was silent that day in the courtroom, but he had already made a great deal of noise about the United States being a Christian nation. One of his arguments was that the founders were aware of no religion other than Christianity, and therefore, the First Amendment gave only Christians the right to free exercise.

That statement, of course, was demonstrably, ridiculously false. But that’s Roy Moore. The Republican Senate nominee has fashioned an entire career out of subterfuge and self-misrepresentation — as a constitutional authority, as a Baptist and as a spokesman for evangelical values. The recent allegations of sexual misconduct, together with his many specious statements over the years — that the First Amendment guarantees religious freedom only for Christians, for example, or that many communities in the United States stagger under the burden of Islamic sharia law — underscore both his hypocrisy and his tenuous grasp of reality.

In 2004, after Moore was unseated for refusing to obey a court order to remove his Ten Commandments monument and was touring as a kind of full-time martyr for the religious right, I visited the judge in Montgomery, together with a group of students from the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism. In the course of the conversation, Moore launched into his riff about how the founders intended Christianity as the only constitutionally protected religion because they knew nothing else. (The founders were most certainly aware of Jews and Muslims, who appear in the writings of Thomas Jefferson and in the Treaty of Tripoli as “Mussulmen,” the French term. That same treaty, negotiated by the John Adams administration and ratified unanimously by the Senate in 1797, states that “the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”)

I decided to play along. By Moore’s logic, I suggested, another clause of the First Amendment, freedom of the press, applied only to newspapers and not to other media because the founders had no knowledge of radio, television or the Internet.

Moore, rarely at a loss for words, was stumped for a moment, but he quickly regained his composure and resumed his bluster.

[How the Roy Moore scandal could help Trump fire Robert Mueller]

Aside from boasts about his constitutional expertise, Moore also asserts that he is a Baptist. (He is a member of First Baptist Church in Gallant, Ala.) Once again, his behavior belies that claim. The Baptist tradition in America is marked by two characteristics. The first is that only adults and older children, not babies, may be baptized. The second is a belief in liberty of conscience and the separation of church and state , which grew in part out of Baptists’ persecution as a minority in early America.

It was Roger Williams, a dissident Puritan who fled to what’s now Rhode Island and became the founder of the Baptist tradition in America, who advocated for dividing the “garden of the church” from the “wilderness of the world” by means of a “wall of separation.” Jefferson, writing to the Baptists of Danbury, Conn., in 1802, employed the same metaphor to summarize his understanding of the First Amendment.

For Williams and his contemporaries, the “wilderness” was a place of darkness where evil lurked, so when Williams talked about a wall of separation to protect the garden from the wilderness, his concern was that the integrity of the faith would be compromised by too close an association with the state.

For more than three centuries, at least until the conservative takeover of the Southern Baptist Convention in 1979, Baptists patrolled the wall of separation between church and state. Speaking at a rally on the steps of the U.S. Capitol on May 16, 1920, Baptist theologian George Washington Truett proudly declared that the separation of church and state was “preeminently a Baptist achievement.” He added that it was “the consistent and insistent contention of our Baptist people, always and everywhere, that religion must be forever voluntary and uncoerced, and that it is not the prerogative of any power, whether civil or ecclesiastical, to compel men to conform to any religious creed or form of worship.” Echoing Williams’s sentiments from several centuries earlier, Truett concluded that Christianity “needs no prop of any kind from any worldly source” and that any such support is a “millstone hanged about its neck.”

That washing-machine-size rock Moore unveiled in Alabama was a 5,280-pound millstone. No one even dimly aware of Baptist heritage would tolerate such chicanery because the confluence of church and state, as Williams warned, diminishes the faith and opens it to fetishization and trivialization.

Finally, Moore claims to represent “family values” and, more broadly, evangelical Christian values. Aside from the disquieting specter of a 30-something Moore trolling shopping malls for teenage dates, Moore does not represent the evangelical movement he claims to herald. Historically, evangelicalism once stood for people on the margins, those Jesus called “the least of these.” Evangelicals in the 19th century advocated public education, so that children from less-affluent families could toe the first rungs of the ladder toward socioeconomic stability. They worked for prison reform and the abolition of slavery. They advocated equal rights, including voting rights, for women and the rights of workers to organize. The agenda of 19th- and early-20th-century evangelicals is a far cry from that of Moore and the religious right. I leave it to others to determine which version of “evangelical values” better comports with the words of Jesus, who instructed his followers to visit the prisoners, feed the hungry, welcome the stranger and care for the needy.

The image that Moore has tried to project over the course of his career — as a constitutional authority, a Baptist and a representative of evangelical values — is false, even fraudulent. The voters of Alabama have the opportunity to unmask him as the imposter he is.

outlook@washpost.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...81fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.aaa7c951aba8

33. searcher

Not all Christian conservatives are what they seem. The Secret & Twisted Life Of A Christian Conservative Ohio State Lawmaker is a prime example of how someone who champions Christian values, quotes scripture and spews fire outta his (or her) mouth towards "evil doers" could be nothing more than a snake in the grass con artist playing "true believers" like a fiddle.

Now I'm not saying Roy is a con but usually where there's smoke there's fire.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

34. searcher

Church leaders say Roy Moore is 'infected by a false Christian religious virus' as they hold a rally in Alabama arguing he is unfit for US Senate
    • Church leaders held a rally in Birmingham, Alabama on Saturday against Republican US Senate candidate Roy Moore
    • It comes after Moore was dogged by allegations of sexual misconduct involving teenage girls decades ago
    • Rev. William J. Barber told the crowd of 100 people that Moore's candidacy for the Senate was a struggle for the 'soul of the nation'
    • The religious leaders rejected the idea that Moore was their type of Christian

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5097605/Church-leaders-say-Roy-Moore-unfit-Senate.html#ixzz4ytOHzSdW
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

35. searcher

36. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Anyone who 'quotes' the allegations of sexual impropriety with Moore is a nut.

Whenever I hear or read those comments I accuse 'them' of sexual misconduct 'prove me wrong'....

That usually leaves them stuttering...

Allegations are not convictions. They are 'hearsay' and inadmissible in a court of law.

BigJim#1-8 likes this.
  37. BigJim#1-8

BigJim#1-8 Silver Member Silver Miner

38. Irons

39. searcher

Not going to be any criminal trial.

40. searcher