1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Moore - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by searcher, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

Scott Lively: http://www.scottlively.net/2017/11/20/toxic-feminism-and-judge-roy-moore/ https://theapologeticsgroup.com/the-lynching-of-judge-roy-moore/

"The classic film To Kill a Mockingbird – set in Alabama – featured just such a mob, intent on hanging a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman. The film is always presented as a morality tale against racism, because the man was black and the woman white, but the incident that actually drove the narrative was the white woman's unsuccessful attempt to get the black man to have sex with her, and her insistence after the fact that he had attacked her. It was only the heroic defense of the accused man by lawyer Aticus Finch (played brilliantly by Gregory Peck), that saved the him from being lynched by the townspeople before the truth could be proved in court."

Europeans, Asians, Africans and other more natural/normal people are laughing like hyenas over this fanaticism about "abuse" over pinches and squeezes. It's the way a lot of men acted and still act. There is a line that gets crossed though when legal, moral and other issues arise.

2. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

BOOM! Witness Drops Bomb! PROVES Gloria Allred and Accuser Nelson Were Lying – SAYS MEDIA WOULD NOT TALK With HER
    November 20, 2017 by Jim Hoft 244 Comments
    Republican Judge Roy Moore released testimony Monday night that proves far left Attorney Gloria Allred, accuser Beverly Nelson and the national media were lying about the allegations against Judge Roy Moore.

[​IMG]

The Moore campaign published a report on Monday that shows the accusers, Gloria Allred and Beverly Nelson, were not telling the truth on the accusations against Judge Moore.

Gloria Allred was lying and so was the national media.

1.) The Olde Hickory House required employees to be at least 16. Beverly Nelson claims she was 15 when she started.

2.) The restaurant’s dumpsters were on the side of the building and not in back as Nelson claimed.

3.) A former employee says the restaurant NEVER closed at 11 PM as Nelson claimed and at midnight on most nights.

4.) Customers at the counter were served by the bartender or cook and not by any waitress.

5.) The witnesses claim they have shared this information with several news outlets but they have refused to report the truth!

More… Rhonda Ledbetter, who worked at the restaurant at the time, hesitated to come forward but she said, “As a moral and ethical person,” she had to come forward. Rhonda said she never remembered ANYONE coming into the restaurant in a suit and that Roy Moore NEVER came into the restaurant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Judge Roy Moore

✔@MooreSenate

"The Moore Campaign unveiled statements from key witnesses that completely bust the story of Beverly Nelson and Gloria Allred and further reveal an unconscionable bias on the part of state and national press to hide the truth from Alabama voters." #ALSen

8:30 PM - Nov 20, 2017

There are growing calls that Gloria Allred and Beverly Nelson should be charged with fraud.

And in case you missed it… The Gateway Pundit has previously posted on the several discrepancies with Beverly Nelson’s press conference.
    Following The Gateway Pundit’s viral story on Judge Roy Moore’s alleged signature inside accuser Beverly Young Nelson’s yearbook, more evidence suggested it was a forgery.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...red-accuser-nelson-lying-says-media-not-talk/

Aurumag and Joe King like this.
  3. Irons

Now don't you bandwagon jumpers feel special?

EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of Gloria Allred’s Attack on Roy Moore Has Been Debunked – ARREST HER NOW!
    November 21, 2017 by Jim Hoft 0 Comments
    Last Monday far left attorney Gloria Allred held a press conference with Beverly Nelson in New York City.
    Allred and Nelson accused Republican Roy Moore of attempted rape 38 years ago.

We now know that EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of their public accusation was a LIE.
    Republican Judge Roy Moore released testimony Monday night that proves far left Attorney Gloria Allred, accuser Beverly Nelson and the national media were lying about the allegations against Judge Roy Moore.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...allreds-attack-roy-moore-debunked-arrest-now/

Aurumag and Usury like this.
  4. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

How GOP Senate Candidate Roy Moore Represents 'Tribalism To The Extreme' | Morning Joe | MSNBC
    MSNBC

Published on Nov 21, 2017
    Did the White House endorse controversial Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore on Monday? The panel breaks down allegations against Moore and Eugene Robinson discusses a new column on Moore.
    » Subscribe to MSNBC: http://on.msnbc.com/SubscribeTomsnbc

5. searcher

Revealed: Roy Moore admitted he was first attracted to his wife - who is 14 years his junior - when she was just FIFTEEN and dancing in a college recital
    • Roy Moore revealed he first saw his future wife Kayla Moore during a dance recital at a junior college
    • 'It was something I had never forgotten,' he said in his book, So Help Me God.
    • He said he remembered her and when he met her again 'eight years later' - he asked if she was Kayla Kiser
    • 'Of course, she was younger and she said I don't think so and brushed it off. And then I told her and identified it was the dance'
    • According to his book, Moore said that he met his wife again at a Christmas party when she was 23-years old by which he would have been 37-years old
    • According to his own timeline, that would have put his wife-to-be at 15 years old when he first noticed her
    • Moore has been dogged by allegations of sexual misconduct involving teenage girls decades ago

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5103989/Roy-Moore-noticed-wife-15.html#ixzz4z5Ncj32I
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

6. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

And? We're talking about "girls" that have crossed puberty into womanhood. 18 is just an arbitrary number. I've seen plenty of 16 year olds that look and/or act ten years older...plenty that still behave like children also. It hasn't been that long ago that it was common for women to marry in their teens to an older man. That's what we're really talking about here, so what's the problem? Even if all the allegations are true, He wasn't pursuing pre-pubescent, 8 year old girls/boys. Nobody says that he raped them...OR EVEN HAD SEX...just that they felt "uncomfortable" and when they said so, he left them alone. And guess what...40 years ago you had to actually talk to a girl to see if they might be interested in a date or friendship. Facebook and Dating profiles didn't exist online. I'm so sick of all the snowflake-ness where people think it's "wrong" if anyone says or does ANYTHING that makes them "uncomfortable". Get over it.

Plus we know at least some of the allegations are proven BS lies and fraud (i.e. Yearbook).

Irons and Joe King like this.
  7. searcher

8. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

From the beginning of written word up until the last century age of consent was 12 could have been lower just going with a guaranteed number.

9. searcher

Moore now has Trump's backing. Wonder how that will play out?

10. Irons

You mean Senator Moore? . :2 thumbs up:

Judge Roy Moore Jumps to 33 POINT LEAD in PredictIt Market Following Trump Nod! 69-36
    November 21, 2017 by Jim Hoft 110 Comments

Following the annual White House Turkey pardon, President Trump held an impromptu gaggle with the press before his departure to Mar-a-Lago.
    When asked if he supported GOP Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore, President Trump responded, “We don’t need a liberal democrat in that seat.”

President Trump wants a Republican representing Alabama in the US Senate.

GOP elites are hoping ultra-liberal Doug Jones wins the special election on December 12th.

Judge Roy Moore jumped to a 33 point lead following President Trump’s nod today.

Roy Moore now leads the PredictIt market 69% to 36%.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    searcher likes this.
  11. searcher

Pastor: Moore dated 'younger ladies' for their 'purity'

Josh Delk
    2 hrs ago

A pastor this week defended GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore for pursuing "younger ladies," following accusations that Moore harassed and assaulted teenage girls when he was in his 30s.

Pastor Flip Benham suggested Monday on an Alabama radio show that there was nothing wrong with dating younger women, saying that Moore never did so without their parents' permission.

"The lady that he's married to now, Ms. Kayla, is a younger woman. He did that because there is something about a purity of a young woman, there is something that is good, that's true, that's straight and he looked for that," Benham told radio hosts Matt Murphy and Andrea Lindenberg in an interview first highlighted by the liberal media watchdog Right Wing Watch.

Moore previously told conservative radio host Sean Hannity that he "generally didn't" date teenage girls, but said he might have done so. Still, he said he never dated girls without their parents' approval, and has denied allegations that he initiated sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl in 1979 when he was 32.

Benham argued that when Moore returned from his tour of service in Vietnam with the Army, many of the women his age were already taken or married, and that there was nothing wrong with dating younger women with parental permission.

"All of the ladies, or many of the ladies that he possibly could have married were not available then, they were already married, maybe, somewhere. So he looked in a different direction," Benham said.

President Trump, who supported Moore's primary opponent Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.) earlier this year, appeared to throw his support behind Moore on Tuesday despite the sexual misconduct allegations from multiple women.

"We don't need a liberal person in there, a Democrat," Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House before leaving to Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-their-purity/ar-BBFsE0w?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

12. Irons

OncealwaysaMarine10 hours ago

Each day that passes, more and more witnesses are coming forward to put the lie to everything he was initially accused of.

And, Mitch McConnell & Co., thinking they were smelling blood, jumped in and showed their wicked hand.

McConnell ought to feel like a gd fool about now. Roy Moore has not only weathered the storm, he has fully regained his momentum and all that is left are a bunch of Democrats & RINOs who have been exposed and mortally wounded in his wake.

the_shootist likes this.
  13. searcher

14. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
  15. searcher

Beginning of the end? Embattled U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore's communications director abruptly QUITS as sexual misconduct charges pile up
    • John Rogers confirms that he has left his job as communications director with Roy Moore's U.S. Senate campaign
    • A Dec. 12 special election will decide who takes U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions' place and becomes Alabama's junior senator
    • A majority of Americas, 60 per cent, say U.S. senators should block Moore from being sworn in if he wins
    • His campaign has hit wall after wall with nine different women saying he sexually harassed or abused them in the past – mostly while they were in their teens

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5108971/Roy-Moore-s-communications-director-abruptly-QUITS.html#ixzz4zCKh56MK

16. searcher

Republican lawmaker on Roy Moore abuse allegations: 'I'd break his face'

Representative Scott Taylor of Virginia says if his daughter had been among Senate candidate’s alleged victims, ‘I’d break his fingers and worse’

Edward Helmore
    Thursday 23 November 2017 15.36 EST Last modified on Thursday 23 November 2017 15.39 EST

A Republican congressman has said he would have beaten up Roy Moore, the GOP nominee for a US Senate seat in Alabama, if any of the women who have made sexual misconduct allegations against the judge had been his daughter.

“The 14-year-old girl that was there, I can tell you right now if it was my daughter, I’d break his face, I’d break his fingers, and I’d probably do a lot worse,” Virginia representative Scott Taylor told CNN on Wednesday.

Taylor, a former navy Seal, said he did not “feel comfortable” with Moore’s response to the sexual misconduct allegations against him, which include the claim that he initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl in 1979, when he was 32. Moore has denied all such allegations.

“All I know is what I’ve seen,” Taylor said. “I saw the man give his interview. Me personally, I don’t think it was sufficient enough.”

Moore’s campaign – which on Wednesday confirmed the departure of its communications director, John Rogers – did not immediately return a request for comment.

The Republican party is increasingly at odds with Donald Trump over Moore and the Alabama race. On Tuesday, the president indicated that he did not accept the accusations against Moore. The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, and other senior Republicans have said they do.

Asked how he felt about the potential election of an alleged “child molester” to the Senate, the president said Moore “totally denies it”.

“He says it didn’t happen,” Trump told reporters. “You have to listen to him, also.”

Republican leaders are concerned that win or lose in Alabama on 12 December, Moore will damage the party’s brand before the 2018 midterm elections.

As Moore has refused to drop out, controversy over alleged sexual misconduct by prominent men has spread in politics to include accusations against Trump, Bill Clinton and two congressional Democrats, the Michigan representative John Conyers and Minnesota senator Al Franken.

The Washington Post published its explosive allegations against Moore two weeks ago. Since then, other women have come forward. Moore, near-level with Democrat Doug Jones in the polls, has said he does not recall dating any young women without their mothers’ permission.

“If you are a liberal and hate Judge Moore, apparently he groped you,” his campaign told the Post last week. “If you are a conservative and love Judge Moore, you know these allegations are a political farce.”

In his remarks this week, Trump came close to endorsing Moore, saying: “We don’t need a liberal person ... a Democrat” in the seat vacated by attorney general Jeff Sessions.

Speaking to CNN, Taylor suggested that though Trump supported Moore’s opponent, Luther Strange, in the primary, the president had “probably looked at raw politics and the alternative, of course, would jeopardize his agenda in a very close Senate”, where tax cut legislation is pending.

The congressman added: “I think you have to listen to the women. Clearly, this isn’t an isolated case now.”

Taylor represents Virginia’s second congressional district, a competitive seat in a state that saw Democratic successes in elections this month.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/23/roy-moore-republican-scott-taylor-threat

17. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

That would seem to sum up the whole thing. I believe we're all supposed to "feel" uncomfortable with Moore, despite the fact that nothing has been proven and in fact he's been charged with nothing. Matter of fact his accusers seem to be fabricating a bunch of crap...yet we're all just supposed to despise him because "feelings". Well...I don't. I wouldn't trust Moore with my teenager daughter either(if I had one)...but then that's true of all politicians.
    Gosh, one can only hope.

searcher and Someone_else like this.
  18. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

Insightful post, Solarion. Note that all (!) of the derogatory statements by third parties qualify their rage with the word "IF".

searcher and solarion like this.
  19. Irons

Vietnam Commander Tells Never-Before-Heard Story About ‘Honorable, Decent, Respectable, and Patriotic’ Roy Moore
    November 24, 2017 by Joshua Caplan 94 Comments
    William E. Staehle, a practicing attorney for 42-years, penned an op-ed in defense of Alabama GOP Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore for Yellowhammer News. Who is Staehle? He served with Judge Moore in Vietnam between 1971-72, where he “knew him to be an altogether honorable, decent, respectable, and patriotic commander and soldier.”

[​IMG]

William E. Staehle writes in Yellowhammer News:

He and I were captains and company commanders in the 504th Military Police Battalion, stationed at the base camp called Camp Land, just west of Danang.

I knew him well in my first four months in-country before I was re-assigned within the battalion to another location. During that time, I grew to admire him.

[…]
    While in Vietnam, there came a time when another officer invited Roy and me to go with him into town after duty hours for a couple of beers. That officer had just returned from an assignment in Quang Tri Province north of Danang, and we were interested to learn of his experiences.

[…]
    When we arrived at the place and went inside, it was clear to Roy and me that he had taken us to a brothel. That officer appeared to know people there, as he was greeted by one or two young women in provocative attire.

The place was plush. There were other American servicemen there. Alcohol was being served. There were plenty of very attractive young women clearly eager for an intimate time.

In less time than it took any of the women to approach us, Roy turned to me and said words to this effect, “We shouldn’t be here. I am leaving.”

We told the officer who had brought us that we wanted to leave. He told us to take his jeep and that he could get a ride back later, which he did. Roy and I drove back to camp together.

That evening, if I didn’t know it before, I knew then that with Roy Moore I was in the company of a man of great self-control, discipline, honor, and integrity.

Click here to read the rest of Staehle’s op-ed.

Despite Moore’s campaign being rocked by sexual harassment allegations, the Republican is still leading his Democrat rival Doug Jones.

As The Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft reported, Moore now leads ultra-liberal Jones from 6 to 33 points in three new polls.

** Judge Roy Moore maintains a six point lead over ultra-liberal Doug Jones in the Alabama Senate special election according to a Breitbart poll of 11,000 likely voters released today.

** Judge Roy Moore jumped to a 33 point lead on the PredictIt market following President Trump’s nod today.

** And Judge Roy Moore holds a 10 point lead in the latest Emerson College Survey.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...rable-decent-respectable-patriotic-roy-moore/

Someone_else, smooth and searcher like this.
  20. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

I bet whatsherface would keep a good eye on her for ya. lol

21. searcher

Why Trump Stands by Roy Moore, Even as It Fractures His Party

By JONATHAN MARTIN, MAGGIE HABERMAN and ALEXANDER BURNS
    NOV. 25, 2017

By the time Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, made the last of his repeated pleas to President Trump to keep his distance from the Senate candidacy of Roy S. Moore, it was too late.

To Mr. McConnell, only the president could extinguish a fire that he sees as endangering Republicans’ Senate majority. But Mr. Trump, speaking by phone last Tuesday with Mr. McConnell, responded with the same argument he had been making for days inside the White House.

The women who have called Mr. Moore a sexual predator, the president believes, may not be telling the truth.

“Forty years is a long time. He’s run eight races, and this has never come up,” Mr. Trump said to the television cameras on the South Lawn hours after his conversation with Mr. McConnell, effectively endorsing Mr. Moore before boarding Marine One. “He says it didn’t happen,” the president added. “You have to listen to him, also.”

Mr. Trump’s decision to reject every long-shot plan to save the Senate seat reflects the imperative that an unpopular president faces to retain his political base, a determination that he should follow his own instincts after having felt steered into a disastrous earlier endorsement in the Alabama race, and even his insistence that he himself has been the victim of false accusations of sexual misconduct.

But in tying himself to Mr. Moore even as congressional leaders have abandoned the candidate en masse, the president has reignited hostilities with his own party just as Senate Republicans are rushing to pass a politically crucial tax overhaul. Mr. McConnell and his allies have been particularly infuriated as Mr. Trump has reacted with indifference to a series of ideas they have floated to try to block Mr. Moore.

The accusations against Mr. Moore have lifted Democrats’ hopes of notching a rare victory in the Deep South in next month’s special election, which would narrow the Republican Senate majority to a single seat. Just as significantly, the president has handed the Democrats a political weapon with which to batter Republicans going into the midterm elections: that they tolerate child predation.

“I was surprised, and I think it’s a high-risk move,” said Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who has established a rapport with Mr. Trump.

As Mr. Moore has rejected calls to drop out even as more women have accused him of preying on them when they were teenagers, Republicans have given up any hope that he will fold his campaign. Mr. Trump has repeatedly told his aides that he does not believe Mr. Moore would ever quit.

What the president did not foresee was that the friction would reach inside his immediate family. He vented his annoyance when his daughter Ivanka castigated Mr. Moore by saying there was “a special place in hell for people who prey on children,” according to three staff members who heard his comments.

“Do you believe this?” Mr. Trump asked several aides in the Oval Office. Mr. Moore’s Democratic opponent in the Alabama race, Doug Jones, quickly turned her comments into a campaign ad.

But something deeper has been consuming Mr. Trump. He sees the calls for Mr. Moore to step aside as a version of the response to the now-famous “Access Hollywood” tape, in which he boasted about grabbing women’s genitalia, and the flood of groping accusations against him that followed soon after. He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently. (In the hours after it was revealed in October 2016, Mr. Trump acknowledged that the voice was his, and he apologized.)

So Mr. Trump has been particularly open to the idea, pushed by Mr. Moore’s defenders, that the candidate is being wrongly accused, even as Mr. McConnell and a parade of other Republicans have said they believe the accusers. When a group of senators gathered with the president in the White House last week to discuss the tax overhaul, it took little to get Mr. Trump onto the topic of Mr. Moore — and he immediately offered up the same it-was-40-years-ago defense, according to officials at the meeting.

Mr. Trump’s responses to the Moore revelations have been pronounced but not consistent. He accepted the candidate’s initial denials, and then was shocked at how tepid Mr. Moore appeared when asked during an interview with Sean Hannity whether he still maintained his innocence, according to one person close to the president.

Privately, Mr. Trump has acknowledged that he is making a cold political calculus in the hope that the Republicans will hold on to the seat. A White House official on Saturday reiterated the president’s view that he believes Mr. Moore should quit the race if the allegations are proved true, but the official stressed that the candidate has denied them.

Absent action from Mr. Trump, party leaders have explored — and abandoned — a number of ways to derail Mr. Moore. They considered recruiting another Republican to run a write-in campaign against Mr. Moore and Mr. Jones, but two private polls showed that such a candidacy would have no chance of success.

Both polls, commissioned by Republican groups in mid-November, found Mr. Jones leading Mr. Moore in a head-to-head election and winning handily in a three-way race, according to people who reviewed the results. Public polls have indicated a very close race.

Mr. McConnell and his allies have believed for weeks that disaster awaits, win or lose, if Mr. Moore remains in the race: Either the Democrats will claim the seat on Dec. 12, or Mr. Moore will win and thrust the party into an agonizing monthslong debate over whether to expel him.

The Senate leader has told fellow Republicans in private that Mr. Moore’s nomination has endangered the party’s hold on the Senate, according to people who have spoken with him — his starkest acknowledgment so far that the political environment has turned sharply against his party since Mr. Trump’s election. Mr. McConnell has also reiterated his intention to move against Mr. Moore if he is elected, though Mr. McConnell has made clear that he thinks that the candidate is unlikely to win.

Otherwise loyal Senate Republicans have started putting some distance between themselves and the president, a breach that could grow wider in the event of expulsion proceedings.

“As much as people would like to assume that, as Louis XIV said, ‘I am the state,’ there is more than one person who represents the Republican Party, and the preponderance of the party has dissociated itself from Moore,” said Senator Bill Cassidy of Louisiana.

The president blindsided congressional Republicans with his defense of Mr. Moore, who was a polarizing figure — he has said homosexual conduct should be illegal — well before being accused of making sexual advances on minors when he was a district attorney in his 30s.

Mr. McConnell even enlisted Washington campaign lawyers with experience in Alabama elections to devise a four-page memo outlining a legal avenue to block Mr. Moore’s path, but the White House counsel’s office ignored the document entirely. “All you can do is identify a way out of the mess, and if people don’t want to follow it, that’s on them,” said Josh Holmes, one of Mr. McConnell’s closest political advisers.

Mr. McConnell and his lieutenants considered a write-in candidacy and found the prospect of wooing Attorney General Jeff Sessions, whose old seat is in play, to be especially appealing.

And Senate Republicans initially seemed to have allies in the West Wing: Mr. McConnell found Mr. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence to be receptive when he first talked to them about disavowing Mr. Moore.

But even before Mr. Trump returned to American soil, he was becoming uneasy about making such a break.

Flying back from Asia, Mr. Trump was told by aides that the Republican National Committee was handling the Moore situation. Some of Mr. Trump’s advisers insisted that the move to cut off funds was wise, but by the time he returned to the White House, he had heard from others who thought the decision was misguided, according to two officials close to the president.

Soon after, the president’s former chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, began aggressively urging Mr. Trump not to break with Mr. Moore, arguing that he should not get crosswise with his voter base, although it was not clear if the two men spoke directly. The president is still smarting over his decision to fly into Alabama in September on behalf of Senator Luther Strange, the appointee holding the seat, only to see Mr. Strange lose a runoff by over nine points.

Mr. Pence, after initially issuing a statement critical of Mr. Moore, has since followed the president’s lead. At a recent meeting of the Republican Governors Association, Mr. Pence spoke privately with Gov. Kay Ivey of Alabama, according to Republican officials familiar with the conversation.

The vice president inquired about the governor’s view of the matter, but did not press Ms. Ivey on Mr. Moore. She signaled no willingness to intervene, only reiterating to Mr. Pence that Alabamians would render their judgment and that the election take place next month as scheduled. (When Senator Richard C. Shelby, Alabama’s most senior lawmaker, called Ms. Ivey, she barely let him begin speaking before bluntly informing him that she would not change the date.)

Mr. Trump has not spoken with Ms. Ivey, which has made Mr. McConnell’s final Hail Mary a nonstarter.

The campaign lawyers commissioned by the Senate leader last week sent a memo to the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, arguing that, based on Alabama precedent, if Mr. Strange were to resign, Ms. Ivey could appoint a new senator. They also made the case that Ms. Ivey was within her rights to delay the special election.

“Our recommendation is to combine Steps 1 and 2: Strange resigns; the governor fills the vacancy with a new appointee; and the governor delays the special election to give the new appointee time to run as an independent candidate,” the lawyers wrote.

Should Mr. Jones win, Democrats would need to take only two more seats in 2018 to regain a majority in the Senate — still a difficult task, but one nearly unimaginable just a month ago. A victory for Mr. Moore could be just as punishing for Republicans, because it could taint their candidates across the country by association with a man accused of child molestation.

Scott Jennings, a Republican strategist close to Mr. McConnell, said the race had developed into a no-win situation.

“Either we’re saddled with a Democrat in a seat that ought to be Republican,” Mr. Jennings said, “or we’re saddled with a brand anvil that’s going to drag down the president, drag down the Senate, drag down the party and plunge the Senate into immediate turmoil when he gets there.”

For its part, Mr. Moore’s campaign is thrilled to have the president’s tacit support and is promising to highlight it.

“We’re going to make it clear to the voters of Alabama that Roy Moore is the candidate to help President Trump get a conservative Supreme Court and cut taxes,” said Brett Doster, a top Moore adviser. “That will be included in our ads, definitely.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/politics/trump-roy-moore-mcconnell-alabama-senate.html

Irons likes this.
  22. searcher

23. Irons

Hilarious! There is no "republican party" and there hasn't been one in 20+ years.
    Now if President Trump, Steve Bannon and others working for the same goal can flush the traitors and get new people elected who actually work together to oppose the left there will be a republican party once again.
    But until then the author's article is nonsense. He must get paid by the word.

Someone_else, BigJim#1-8 and searcher like this.
  24. searcher

lol :beer:

25. BigJim#1-8

BigJim#1-8 Silver Member Silver Miner

[​IMG]

Irons likes this.
  26. searcher

Donald Trump is 'furious' with Ivanka for saying Roy Moore is 'going to hell for preying on children' and doubles down on his support for the embattled Senate candidate
    • President Donald Trump is reportedly not happy with his daughter Ivanka Trump
    • Earlier this month, Ivanka slammed Roy Moore over sexual harassment claims
    • She said 'there's a special place in hell for people who prey on children'
    • Moore was accused of harassing teenage girls as young as 14 while in his 30s
    • In response to Ivanka's comment, Trump expressed his disbelief to several aides
    • Trump has redoubled support for Moore ignoring claims of sexual harassment

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5118839/Donald-Trump-furious-Ivanka-Roy-Moore-comment.html#ixzz4zZ2ATFJd

27. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Alabama Senate Race – Dinesh D’Souza is 100% Correct
    Posted on November 26, 2017 by sundance

War is ugly. Political war against the swamp, while accepting their one-sided rules of engagement, is exponential hell. In order to gain victory, you have to be prepared to advance into the fire at all costs. Andrew Breitbart, Donald Trump and apparently Dinesh D’Souza understand this modern political truth.

In the final analysis this approach is the essential element of ‘Cold Anger’:

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 7.39.11 PM.png

The Democrats and UniParty Republicans will cede no ground. There is only one majority political ideology within Washington DC, and it is based on financial interest. Their rules of engagement are entirely self-serving. They will fight against any entity, for any reason, on any issue, even reversing their own individual policy positions, if they view that entity as an existential risk to their power structure and decades-long financial constructs.

For those who live within the institutions, nothing is out-of-bounds; therefore, in order to defeat the systemic and institutional rot, we must fight as an insurgent opposition.

[​IMG]

It may be unsettling for most; after all, we-the-people have never sought confrontation for the sake of itself. However, confrontation is an outcome of a battered electorate finally saying ‘No More’.

The political pendulum has never, in the history of humanity, stayed on one side of a swing. Likewise, the resulting backlash is always, always, directly proportionate to how far off skew it was taken before corrective action was engaged.

President Trump was/is our corrective political MOAB. There is no longer a retreat position possible. Those who oppose the restoration of our Republic have gone all-in. Their terms are to remove the threat. He and We are the threat.

Foolishness, selfishness, corruption and betrayal of our nation by its political elites have served to reveal dangers within our republic. Exhausted, we accepted that 2016 was the time when forceful correction needed to be applied. However, we fully understood that misplaced corrective action, regardless of intent, would be neither safe nor wise.

The media are disconnected from the reality of their landscape yet seem to find themselves opining about political violence. Those media voices would be wise to remind themselves that candidate Donald Trump, now President Trump, was the “lesser extreme” strategy for correction. As President Trump said during a recent rally in Iowa: “they’re lucky our side isn’t violent.” He was entirely accurate. President Trump was the last best option.

There’s a level of anger far deeper and more consequential than expressed rage or visible behavior. Cold Anger does not need to go to violence. For those who carry it, no conversation is needed. You cannot poll or measure it; and even those who carry it avoid discussion. And that decision has nothing whatsoever to do with any form of correctness.

Cold Anger is not hatred, it is far more purposeful.

Hatred takes energy. Cold Anger is not willing to give energy to the opposition.

Cold Anger absorbs betrayal silently, often prudently.

Betrayal lies at the originating cellular level for Cold Anger.

We watched the shooting of cops, and the protests parades which followed, absorbing.

Cold Anger takes notice of the liars, even from a great distance – seemingly invisible to the mob. Cold Anger will still hold open the door for the protest parade goer. Mannerly.

Cold Anger when evidenced is more severe because it is more strategic. It is more deliberate; Cold Anger is far more purposeful.

Cold Anger does not gloat; a central tenet is to absorb consistent vilification and ridicule as fuel.

This sense of Cold Anger does not want to exist. It is forced to exist in otherwise unwilling hosts – who would much rather be sensing something more productive, yet each person refuses to be destabilized by it.

The productive and polite life continues, but the larger notations necessarily remain. Keen awareness and acceptance of the surroundings is a trait of those carrying Cold Anger.

Deliberate intent and prudence ensures avoiding failure. The course, is thoughtful vigilance; a strategy essentially devoid of emotion, hence ‘Cold’.

Cold Anger is not driven to act in spite of itself; it drives a reckoning. Patience is not acceptance; time is simply measured for optimal value.

When the well attired leave the checkout line carrying steaks and shrimp using an EBT or SNAP card, the door is still held open; yet notations necessarily embed.

When the border is left unguarded, it is accepted to be unguarded for a purpose.

When the United States flag lays undefended, perhaps gleefully unattended, it does not lay unattended and unnoticed. It is being well noted.

When a school community cannot openly pray, it does not mean the prayerful were absent.

When a liar seems to win, it is not without observation. Many – more than the minority would like to admit – know the difference between science, clocks and a political agenda.

Cold Anger perceives deception the way a long-term battered spouse absorbs the blow in the hours prior to the pre-planned exit; with purpose.

A shield, or cry of micro-aggression will provide no benefit, nor quarter. Delicate sensibilities are dispatched like a feather in a hurricane.

Pushed far enough, decisions are reached.

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 7.39.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 7.40.12 PM.png

[​IMG]

Support Roy Moore… we can work out the details later.

Irons likes this.
  28. Irons

Damn straight, but we are prepared to be as a last resort.

Someone_else and Goldhedge like this.
  29. searcher

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.

[​IMG]
    The Washington Post
    Shawn Boburg, Aaron Davis, Alice Crites
    9 hrs ago

A woman who falsely claimed to The Washington Post that Roy Moore, the Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Alabama, impregnated her as a teenager appears to work with an organization that uses deceptive tactics to secretly record conversations in an effort to embarrass its targets.

In a series of interviews over two weeks, the woman shared a dramatic story about an alleged sexual relationship with Moore in 1992 that led to an abortion when she was 15. During the interviews, she repeatedly pressed Post reporters to give their opinions on the effects that her claims could have on Moore's candidacy if she went public.

The Post did not publish an article based on her unsubstantiated account. When Post reporters confronted her with inconsistencies in her story and an Internet posting that raised doubts about her motivations, she insisted that she was not working with any organization that targets journalists.

But on Monday morning, Post reporters saw her walking into the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization that targets the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups. The organization sets up undercover "stings" that involve using false cover stories and covert video recordings meant to expose what the group says is media bias.

James O'Keefe, the founder of Project Veritas who was convicted of a misdemeanor in 2010 for using a fake identity to enter a federal building during a previous sting, declined to answer questions about the woman outside the Project Veritas office, a storefront in Mamaroneck, N.Y., on Monday morning shortly after the woman walked inside.

"I am not doing an interview right now, so I'm not going to say a word," O'Keefe said.

In a follow-up interview, O'Keefe declined to answer repeated questions about whether the woman was employed at Project Veritas. He also did not respond when asked if he was working with Moore, former White House adviser and Moore supporter Stephen K. Bannon, or Republican strategists.

The group's efforts illustrate the lengths to which activists have gone to try to discredit media outlets for reporting on allegations from multiple women that Moore pursued them when they were teenagers and he was in his early 30s. Moore has denied that he did anything improper.

A spokesman for Moore's campaign did not immediately respond to a message for comment.

The woman who approached Post reporters, Jaime T. Phillips, did not respond to calls to her cellphone Monday morning. Her car remained in the Project Veritas parking lot for more than an hour.

After Phillips was observed entering the Project Veritas office, The Post made the unusual decision to report her previous off-the-record comments.

"We always honor 'off-the-record' agreements when they're entered into in good faith," said Martin Baron, The Post's executive editor. "But this so-called off-the-record conversation was the essence of a scheme to deceive and embarrass us. The intent by Project Veritas clearly was to publicize the conversation if we fell for the trap. Because of our customary journalistic rigor, we weren't fooled, and we can't honor an 'off-the-record' agreement that was solicited in maliciously bad faith."

Phillips's arrival at the Project Veritas office capped a weeks-long effort that began only hours after The Post published an article on Nov. 9 that included allegations that Moore once initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old named Leigh Corfman.

Post reporter Beth Reinhard, who co-wrote the article about Corfman, received a cryptic email early the next morning.

"Roy Moore in Alabama . . . I might know something but I need to keep myself safe. How do we do this?" the apparent tipster wrote under an account with the name "Lindsay James."

The email's subject line was "Roy Moore in AL." The sender's email address included "rolltide," the rallying cry of the University of Alabama's sports teams, which are nicknamed the Crimson Tide.

Reinhard sent an email asking if the person was willing to talk off the record.

"Not sure if I trust the phone," came the reply. "Can we just stick to email?"

"I need to be confident that you can protect me before I will tell all," the person wrote in a subsequent email. "I have stuff I've been hiding for a long time but maybe it should stay that way."

The tipster's email came amid counterattacks by Moore supporters aimed at The Post and its reporters.

That same day, Gateway Pundit, a conservative site, spread a false story from a Twitter account, @umpire43, that said, "A family friend in Alabama just told my wife that a WAPO reporter named Beth offer her 1000$ to accuse Roy Moore." The Twitter account, which has a history of spreading misinformation, has since been deleted.

The Post, like many other news organizations, has a strict policy against paying people for information and did not do so in its coverage of Moore.

On Nov. 14, a pastor in Alabama said he received a voice mail from a man falsely claiming to be a Post reporter and seeking women "willing to make damaging remarks" about Moore for money. No one associated with The Post made any such call.

In the days that followed the purported tipster's initial emails, Reinhard communicated with the woman through an encrypted text messaging service and spoke by phone with the person to set up a meeting. When the woman suggested a meeting in New York, Reinhard told her she would have to know more about her story and her background. The woman offered that her real name was Jaime Phillips.

Phillips said she lived in New York but would be in the D.C. area during Thanksgiving week and suggested meeting Tuesday in a shopping mall in Tysons Corner, Va. "I'm planning to do some shopping there so I'll find a good place to meet before you get there," Phillips wrote in a message sent via Signal, the encrypted messaging service.

When Reinhard suggested bringing another reporter, Phillips wrote, "I'm not really comfortable with anyone else being there this time."

Reinhard arrived to find Phillips, wearing a brown leather jacket and with long red hair, already seated in a booth in the restaurant.

The 41-year-old said she had been abused as a child, Reinhard said. Her family had moved often. She said she moved in with an aunt in the Talladega area of Alabama and started attending a church youth group when she met Moore in 1992, the year he became a county judge. She said she was 15. She said they started a "secret" sexual relationship.

"I knew it wasn't right, but I didn't care," she said.

She said that she got pregnant, that Moore talked her into an abortion, and that he drove her to Mississippi to get it.

In the interview, she told Reinhard that she was so upset she couldn't finish her salad.

Phillips said she had started thinking about coming forward after the allegations about Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein surfaced. Then she said she saw the news about Moore flashing across the television screen while in a break room at her job at a company called NFM Lending in Westchester County, N.Y., Reinhard said.

Phillips also repeatedly asked the reporter to guarantee her that Moore would lose the election if she came forward. Reinhard told her in a subsequent text message that she could not predict what the impact would be. Reinhard said she also explained to Phillips that her claims would have to be fact-checked. Additionally, Reinhard asked her for documents that would corroborate or support her story.

Later that day, Phillips told Reinhard that she felt "anxiety & negative energy after our meeting," text messages show. "You just didn't convince me that I should come forward," she wrote.

Reinhard replied, "I'm so sorry but I want to be straight with you about the fact-checking process and the fact that we can't guarantee what will happen as a result of another story."

Phillips was not satisfied. On Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, she suggested meeting with another Post reporter, Stephanie McCrummen, who co-wrote the initial article about Corfman. "I'd rather go to another paper than talk to you again," Phillips told Reinhard.

Back at the newsroom, Reinhard became concerned about elements of Phillips's story. Phillips had said she lived in Alabama only for a summer while a teenager; but the cellphone number Phillips provided had an Alabama area code. Reinhard called NFM Lending in Westchester County, but they said a person named Jaime Phillips did not work there.

Alice Crites, a Post researcher who was looking into Phillips's background, found the document that strongly reinforced the reporters' suspicions: a Web page for a fundraising campaign by someone with the same name. It was on the website GoFundMe.com under the name Jaime Phillips.

[​IMG]
    © twp/from the Internet Archive The GoFundMe fundraising page.

"I'm moving to New York!" the May 29 appeal said. "I've accepted a job to work in the conservative media movement to combat the lies and deceipt of the liberal MSM. I'll be using my skills as a researcher and fact-checker to help our movement. I was laid off from my mortgage job a few months ago and came across the opportunity to change my career path."

In a March posting on its Facebook page, Project Veritas said it was seeking 12 new "undercover reporters," though the organization's operatives use methods that are eschewed by mainstream journalists, such as misrepresenting themselves.

A posting for the "journalist" job on the Project Veritas website that month warned that the job "is not a role for the faint of heart."

The job's listed goal: "To adopt an alias persona, gain access to an identified person of interest and persuade that person to reveal information."

It also listed tasks that the job applicant should be able to master, including: "Learning a script," "Preparing a background story to support your role," "Gaining an appointment or access to the target of the investigation," and "Operating concealed recording equipment."

Project Veritas, founded in 2010, is a tax-exempt charity that says its mission is to "investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud and other misconduct." It raised $4.8 million and employed 38 people in 2016, according to its public tax filing. It also had 92 volunteers.

O'Keefe's criminal record has caused the charity problems in some states. Mississippi and Utah stripped the group of a license to raise money in those states because it failed to disclose O'Keefe's conviction on state applications, records show.

Also working at Veritas is former television producer Robert J. Halderman, who was sentenced to six months in jail in 2010 after he was accused of trying to blackmail late-night host David Letterman. Halderman was with O'Keefe outside the Project Veritas offices Monday as a reporter tried to ask about Phillips's role with the organization.

Because Jaime Phillips is a relatively common name, it wasn't a certainty that the GoFundMe page that Crites found was created by was the same woman who approached The Post. But there was another telling detail, in addition to the name. One of two donations listed on the page was from a person whose name that matched her daughter's, according to public records.

McCrummen agreed to meet Phillips that afternoon.

Phillips suggested meeting somewhere in Alexandria, Va., saying she was shopping in the area. Post videographers accompanied McCrummen, who brought a printout of the fundraising page to the interview.

Again, Phillips had arrived early and was waiting for McCrummen, her purse resting on the table. When McCrummen put her purse near Phillips's purse to block a possible camera, Phillips moved hers.

The Post videographers sat separately, unnoticed, at an adjacent table.

Phillips said she didn't want to get into the details of what she had said happened between her and Moore.

She said she wanted McCrummen to assure her that the article would result in Moore's defeat, according to a recording. McCrummen instead asked her about her story regarding Moore.

Phillips complained that President Trump had endorsed Moore.

"So my whole thing is, like, I want him to be completely taken out of the race . . . " she said. "And I really expected that was going to happen, and now it's not. So, I don't know what you think about that."

McCrummen asked Phillips to verify her identity with a photo identification. Phillips provided a Georgia driver's license.

McCrummen then asked her about the GoFundMe page.

"We have a process of doing background, checking backgrounds and this kind of thing, so I wanted to ask you about one thing," McCrummen said, pulling out a copy of the page and reading from it. "So I just wanted to ask you if you could explain this, and I also wanted to let you know, Jaime, that this is being recorded and video recorded."

"Okay," Phillips said. "Um, yeah, I was looking to take a job last summer in New York, but it fell through," Phillips said. "Yeah, it was going to be with the Daily Caller, but it ended up falling through, so I wasn't able to do it."

When asked who at the Daily Caller interviewed her, Phillips said, "Kathy," pausing before adding the last name, "Johnson."

Paul Conner, executive editor of the Daily Caller, said Monday that no one with the name Kathy Johnson works for the publication and that he has no record of having personally interviewed Phillips. Conner later said in email that he had asked other top editors at the Daily Caller and the affiliated Daily Caller News Foundation about Phillips.

"None of us has interviewed a woman by the name Jaime Phillips," Conner wrote.

At the Alexandria restaurant on Wednesday, Phillips also told The Post that she had not been in contact with the Moore campaign. As the interview ended, Phillips told McCrummen she was not recording the conversation.

"I think I probably just want to cancel and not go through with it at this point," Phillips said at Souvlaki Bar shortly before ending the interview.

"I'm not going to answer any more questions," she said. "I think I'm just going to go."

She picked up her coat and bag, returned her drink to the front counter and left the restaurant.

By 7 p.m. the message on the GoFundMe page was gone, replaced by a new one.

"Campaign is complete and no longer active," it read.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic-—-and-false-—-tale-about-roy-moore-she-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/ar-BBFQkBq?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

30. searcher

Washington Post accuses 'undercover agent' of trying to discredit newspaper with FAKE teen abortion claim against Roy Moore - and flips script by confronting her on their OWN hidden camera after she made ridiculous slip-up
    • Washington Post revealed Monday they had foiled a plot to discredit the paper
    • Jamie Phillips, a suspected plant by a conservative group, emailed Post reporter
    • Claimed Senate candidate Roy Moore forced her into abortion when she was 15
    • However holes in her story raised suspicion and the Post declined to run claims
    • Reporters busted Phillips entering the office of right-wing group Project Veritas
    • Post claims smear campaign aimed at discrediting previous reports on Moore

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5123279/WaPo-busts-plot-embarrass-paper-fake-Moore-claims.html#ixzz4zio9E0eq

31. searcher

Embattled Alabama candidate Roy Moore says 'dirty politics' are behind the sexual misconduct allegations against him as he addresses Henagar rally
    • Roy Moore believes 'dirty politics' are behind the sexual misconduct allegations
    • He lashed out at the allegations as false after a Monday night rally in Alabama
    • Moore is accused of sexually assaulting or molesting two women decades ago
    • Five others say he pursued romantic relationships when they were teenagers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5123669/Roy-Moore-says-dirty-politics-allegations.html#ixzz4zioKpuyF

32. searcher

Roy Moore vows to ‘take off the gloves’ in the final weeks of Senate campaign

[​IMG]
    The Washington Post
    Michael Scherer
    7 hrs ago

HENAGAR, Ala.— Casting his campaign as a “spiritual battle” against “the immorality of our time,” Alabama Republican Roy Moore vowed Monday to “take off the gloves” in the final weeks of his Senate race so he can establish a clear contrast with his Democratic opponent.

"I'm a fighter. I don't hesitate to say that. I've been that way my whole life," Moore told more than 100 supporters at his first public event since Nov. 16. "My opponent will allow our Constitution to be totally undermined and disregarded. And I oppose that."

Moore's campaign has been rocked by accusations from local women who have come forward over the past month to say he treated them inappropriately, including a woman who says he touched her sexually when she was 14 and he was 32. Moore, 70, has denied any sexual misconduct, while saying he may have dated teenagers in his 30s.

National Republican leaders, with the exception of President Trump, have dropped support for Moore, with many, including Sen. Richard C. Shelby (Ala.), Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), describing the allegations as credible.

In his remarks Monday, Moore cast the allegations in biblical terms, saying they demonstrated the end-of-time deceptions of ancient prophecy. "In the last days, perilous times shall come," Moore said, quoting from the book of Timothy. "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection . . . trucebreakers, false accusers."

To calls of "amen" from the crowd, Moore said the allegations were a plot by his political enemies. A new television ad by his campaign that debuted Monday described the accusations as "a scheme by liberal Democrats and the Republican establishment to protect their big-government trough." The ad features pictures of McConnell, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.).

Moore returned repeatedly to the record of his opponent, Doug Jones, reading to the crowd a long passage from a recent interview to argue that the Democrat is out of step with the people of Alabama on judges, abortion, immigration, Obamacare and other issues.

"I oppose transgender rights," Moore said. "I don't believe Christians hate anybody. I don't hate anybody. But I do hate sin."

Bill Armistead, Moore's campaign chairman, said Moore's closing strategy is to refocus the race on the issues and away from the allegations. "He is going to define who he is and what he stands for and what his opponent stands for," Armistead said. "And it's going to be a clear distinction."

Moore took no questions from journalists or members of the audience, and he did not stay after his remarks to shake hands. But attendees, several of whom wore "Make America Great Again" hats, said as they left the event that they were proud to support him.

Chuck Ellis, a state trooper from Albertville, first met Moore in 1982, when Moore interviewed him as part of his application to West Point. "The person I met then is the same person I just heard speak," Ellis said. "My job that I do depends on being able to read folks. I feel that he is being honest."

At times, Moore was unmistakably candid with the crowd. After introducing his family, he made clear that they were tired of the campaign. "There are 14 days left until the general election," Moore said. "We have been ready for the end for a while."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-senate-campaign/ar-BBFQypD?OCID=ansmsnnews11

33. solarion

At this point I pretty much just want Moore to win so we can find out why so many people are so worried about him joining the nest of vipers in the Senate.
    Like really?!? McAhole didn't seem all that worried about Hillary the traitor becoming the CIC, but he's this worried about Judge Roy Moore in the senate?

Usury and searcher like this.
  34. searcher

How is Roy Moore's case different? The accusations involve children
    Updated: November 28, 2017 — 11:08 AM EST
    by Dana Milbank

Call the CDC. Alert the surgeon general and put the National Institutes of Health on standby.

We’re having a severe outbreak of whataboutism.

In mild forms, the primary symptom is a vulnerability to false equivalencies. Virulent strains, such as the current one, can cause victims to lose all moral perspective.

After I wrote about the grotesque spectacle of President Trump and Kellyanne Conway throwing their support behind accused child molester Roy Moore in Alabama’s Senate race, Trump fans answered with a flurry of whatabouts:

What about Al Franken?

What about John Conyers?

What about Bill Clinton?

“You write these words without even mentioning Conyers, Franken (who both need to go), and of course Bill Clinton,” writes a retired Air Force colonel. “Crickets from you on a louse like Bill.”

But it shouldn’t be controversial to say that sexual misconduct is worse when it involves children. Until now, accusations of sexual abuse of children have been met with swift, severe, and bipartisan responses. Recall the revulsion over Denny Hastert and Anthony Weiner, Mark Foley and David Wu. Predators aren’t solely Democrats or Republicans, liberals or conservatives. No partisan or ideological lens applies — only a human one.

The presumption of innocence has its place, of course — in a courtroom. But this isn’t about whether Moore should go to prison; it’s about whether he belongs in the Senate. Many women who didn’t previously know each other and who didn’t have anything to gain by coming forward have said he pursued them when they were teenagers as young as 14 and he was a grown man. Moore denies the allegations of sexual misconduct but has not denied that he was involved with girls half his age when he was in his 30s.

Weaker strains of whataboutism had already found many hosts this year, as criticisms of Trump are invariably met with a so’s-your-mom rejoinder. What about Hillary’s emails? What about the Clinton Foundation? (Answer: She isn’t the president.) But surely even the most ardent make-America-great-again nationalist can recognize that child molestation has a unique status among cliches of awfulness.

That’s why Republican Ed Gillespie, in his Trump-style gubernatorial campaign in Virginia, ran an ad falsely accusing his opponent, Democrat Ralph Northam, of calling “restoring the rights of unrepentant sex offenders one of his greatest feats.”

The conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, a Trump favorite, was so concerned about a nonexistent pedophile ring operating out of a D.C. pizza restaurant that he kept hammering at it until an armed man showed up at the restaurant to investigate.

Now Trump and his whataboutist followers would turn credible accusations of child molestation into just another both-sides-do-it argument. But both sides don’t do it. Nobody else has been accused of what Moore has been accused of — and nobody so accused has been granted the privilege of high office. Yet.

Dana Milbank is a Washington Post columnist. @Milbank

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinio...he-accusations-involve-children-20171128.html

35. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Disgusting how this Moore character thinks a grown man has the right to use the girls bathrom.

36. solarion

Well jeez, if we're going to start getting all picky about who our representatives are then we'll probably have to get rid of the whole lot of em. The majority of the Senate creatures are lieyers that are fluent in legalese...seems as good a reason as any to toss them out on their useless double speaking asses.

Someone_else likes this.
  37. Joe King

No, it involves one alleged 14yo who by her own word was into drinking, drugs, and dating. She's also shown to have lied about her age. Ie: a wild child as they used to be known.
    Does anyone seriously believe she wouldn't have also lied to Roy about her age? She was after all, working somewhere you had to be at least 16 to be employed when she met him. It would be normal for anyone to assume she was in fact 16 or older.

All the rest were at least 16 and in the eyes of Alabama law, they be considered women, not children.

Usury, BigJim#1-8 and solarion like this.
  38. solarion

For me it was full stop as soon as I read the date of that alleged encounter. If you can hold onto those allegations for 38 years then your credibility is garbage. I recall reading that Moore has been involved in 8? elections? ...why now? Why is it suddenly so important that this guy be excluded from the gang of corrupt crony capitalist scumbags we call the US Senate? Plus Mitch McConnell doesn't like him, so yeah, I hope Moore wins so Mitch can sukkit.

Usury and BigJim#1-8 like this.
  39. Joe King

Because dirty politics?

40. searcher

Steve Bannon will campaign for accused pervert Roy Moore saying he wants to 'send shockwaves to the political and media elites'
    • Steve Bannon is standing firm on his commitment to campaign for embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore
    • 'I look forward to standing with Judge Moore and all of the Alabama deplorables in the fight to elect him to the United States Senate,' Bannon told CNN
    • Bannon said he wanted to support Moore, who's been accused of preying on teenage girls, to 'send shockwaves to the political and media elites'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5130185/Steve-Bannon-campaign-accused-pervert-Roy-Moore.html#ixzz4zuoN77Xv